Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? 08:50 - Jul 9 with 50884 viewsSTID2017

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/7/9/15942572/everton-transfer-rumours-
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Swansea+City
Loads of report suggesting it's a done deal at a bargain basement price for such a quality player
If this is the case then someone at the club needs shooting for selling him , especially at that price
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 8:53]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:11 - Jul 11 with 3644 viewsjackjackjackjack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/11/everton-determined-sign-gylfi-s

Everton still keen.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:13 - Jul 11 with 3633 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:08 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

Here's a question.

Say for arguments sake that we did get £50m for Siggy. Would people accept £30-35m of that being spent on the team and the remainder used to secure the stadium lease and begin expansion?

Personally I'd have to say yes.

On the face of it, yes.

Depends how the £35m is spent, however. I'd be happy if it was spent according to Clement's wishes.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:15 - Jul 11 with 3620 viewsJohnw102

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:11 - Jul 11 by jackjackjackjack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/11/everton-determined-sign-gylfi-s

Everton still keen.

If he does go bet it will be an undisclosed fee, which both teams will lie about.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:16 - Jul 11 with 3602 viewspencoedjack

Here's a question.

Say for arguments sake that we did get £50m for Siggy. Would people accept £30-35m of that being spent on the team and the remainder used to secure the stadium lease and begin expansion?

Yes from me

Although I don't believe we would spend all the money
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:19 - Jul 11 with 3577 viewsDr_Winston

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:16 - Jul 11 by pencoedjack

Yes from me

Nor me. Nor do I particularly think we'd need to.

We do need to get cracking on expansion though, and spending some Siggy money is better than borrowing it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:20 - Jul 11 with 3573 viewsFlashberryjack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:16 - Jul 11 by pencoedjack

Yes from me

Dividends will be Huw's priority, got to keep his American masters happy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:23 - Jul 11 with 3540 viewsSwans777

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:00 - Jul 11 by STID2017

What like Rocky & Abraham coming to the Swans or Cork going to Burnley ?
How much speculation was there about the before they happened ?

There'll always be transfers, pre season, but the sport media (football especially) make nonsense up. Most people already know this.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:38 - Jul 11 with 3451 viewsmax936

Here's a question.

Team definitely needs strengthening in some areas we learnt that from last season, if Gylfi does go we're gonna have to replace him with some quality, a right back, winger probably another CB and maybe a striker maybe another midfielder to combat suspensions and injury, we can't leave our self's bare like on times last season, when we lost Olson, Llorente, Naughton and Fer.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:39 - Jul 11 with 3451 viewsSTID2017

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:23 - Jul 11 by Swans777

There'll always be transfers, pre season, but the sport media (football especially) make nonsense up. Most people already know this.

True
Some of the "media reports " are even rehashes of what the "experts" post on here

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:54 - Jul 11 with 3373 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:19 - Jul 11 by Dr_Winston

Nor me. Nor do I particularly think we'd need to.

We do need to get cracking on expansion though, and spending some Siggy money is better than borrowing it.

I can't wait for the pages of European players I have never heard of being touted around PS as his replacement.

I agree about not needing to spend all the dosh and expanding the staduim to bring in new fans whilst our stock is high.

Me & you agreeing that's probably a 1st
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 10:30 - Jul 12 with 2870 viewsWatchman

Eric Dier Spurs to Utd to make room for Siggy undisclosed fee nowhere near £50m german and a spaniard to replace him, nothing towards stadium expansion and juicy dividends allround. So everyone except the fans will be happy. Its how football works
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 10:43]

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 11:52 - Jul 12 with 2578 viewsDafyddHuw

If the club don't want to sell him, why have they put a £50M price on him?
Why not say he's not for sale at any price, like Crystal Palace are saying about Benteke?
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 11:56 - Jul 12 with 2557 viewsLeonWasGod

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 11:52 - Jul 12 by DafyddHuw

Why not say he's not for sale at any price, like Crystal Palace are saying about Benteke?

Because he is for sale at a price I suspect, despite what the club's saying?
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 12:28 - Jul 12 with 2399 viewshobo

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 11:52 - Jul 12 by DafyddHuw

Everyone is for sale. The key is that we sell on our terms
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 13:30 - Jul 12 with 2276 viewsWhiterockin

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 10:30 - Jul 12 by Watchman

Eric Dier Spurs to Utd to make room for Siggy undisclosed fee nowhere near £50m german and a spaniard to replace him, nothing towards stadium expansion and juicy dividends allround. So everyone except the fans will be happy. Its how football works

TBH since Bradley was removed the Americans have done OK in my eyes. Removed the American idiot and replaced with a good manager. Good January window. Removing a lot of the dead wood and trying to keep or at least get top price for the players we sell.

The proof of the pudding will be if we sell any more players, how much will be reinvested. But so far so good.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 13:32 - Jul 12 with 2266 viewsunion_jack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 13:30 - Jul 12 by Whiterockin

TBH since Bradley was removed the Americans have done OK in my eyes. Removed the American idiot and replaced with a good manager. Good January window. Removing a lot of the dead wood and trying to keep or at least get top price for the players we sell.

The proof of the pudding will be if we sell any more players, how much will be reinvested. But so far so good.

Yes, agreed, so far so good.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 15:20 - Jul 12 with 2032 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 10:30 - Jul 12 by Watchman

How would selling Dier (a backup defensive midfielder and central defender) 'make room' for Glyfi, an AM? Not to mention Spurs spending more than £30m on a player they sold for a third of that two years ago as he wasn't able to get into their first eleven then, when they weren't as good as they are now?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 15:32 - Jul 12 with 1992 viewsjack247

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 15:20 - Jul 12 by JackSomething

How would selling Dier (a backup defensive midfielder and central defender) 'make room' for Glyfi, an AM? Not to mention Spurs spending more than £30m on a player they sold for a third of that two years ago as he wasn't able to get into their first eleven then, when they weren't as good as they are now?

I don't think anyone is going to pay £50m for him, though I may be wrong and there have been some crazy high transfer fees lately.

It may just be that Clement sees Gylfi as vital and the Americans are backing him. If that's the case, we are all bewildered by it because we just aren't used to it. Fair question above about just saying not for sale though.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:09 - Jul 12 with 1836 viewsmonmouth

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 15:32 - Jul 12 by jack247

I don't think anyone is going to pay £50m for him, though I may be wrong and there have been some crazy high transfer fees lately.

It may just be that Clement sees Gylfi as vital and the Americans are backing him. If that's the case, we are all bewildered by it because we just aren't used to it. Fair question above about just saying not for sale though.

Maybe the club feel he's not for sale.......for less than 50m?

Or maybe they are just testing the price elasticity of an insane market.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 18:23 - Jul 12 with 1796 viewsDr_Winston

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 13:30 - Jul 12 by Whiterockin

They made an inauspicious start and their reluctance to boot the sellout shits into the long grass will always do them a discredit, but as far as running the club goes they seem to be learning quickly since Bobbo.

The moves to beef up commercial operations are about six years overdue, their willingness to spend in January despite the high risk of losing it due to relegation and the apparent determination to keep Huw Jenkins from clicking the "ACCEPT OFFER!" button at all costs are all pluses.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 02:33 - Jul 13 with 1605 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 07:42 - Jul 11 by TheFranchise

Is Nirvana AgentDimi?

No, Franchise, I'm not.

As much as I've heard of this Dimi person and the fact that I'm supposedly him, sounds like he made quite the lasting impression on here.

But sorry to sshitt in your cornflakes, I'm not him. Parlay, Dimi, Sproutty, Davillin, etc. I guess I'm the Rorschach test of PS. Fine by me, I like the anonymity.

Back to the guessing game, fellas, it's usually good for a chuckle or two.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 02:37 - Jul 13 with 1603 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 10:14 - Jul 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Writes in the same narcissistic manner doesn't he.

No "manner" about it, Bryn.

It's called a healthy ego (confidence) and it's a good thing to have in life. Generally leads to more success, and a happier home life.

Try it sometime, you might enjoy it. Good luck.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 10:24 - Jul 13 with 1516 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 02:37 - Jul 13 by Nirvana

No "manner" about it, Bryn.

It's called a healthy ego (confidence) and it's a good thing to have in life. Generally leads to more success, and a happier home life.

Try it sometime, you might enjoy it. Good luck.

And a complete refusal to see any other point bar your own. That's healthy..........

And an unhealthy fixation on Gylfi Siggurdsson, whom I get the feeling you support more than the club.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 03:02 - Jul 14 with 1268 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 10:24 - Jul 13 by Brynmill_Jack

And a complete refusal to see any other point bar your own. That's healthy..........

And an unhealthy fixation on Gylfi Siggurdsson, whom I get the feeling you support more than the club.

Yeah, no Bryn.

I don't have a problem with differing opinions, if it's genuine, and my post history reflects that.

As for Siggy, the ONLY person on this forum with a "fixation" is Chrissy Wissy, and everyone knows it.

Sorry.

There's always next time, though.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:12 - Oct 30 with 851 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:25 - Jul 10 by Nirvana

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about Everton, 247.

From my perspective, they have brought in several players of ready-made, genuine quality (Sandro/Klaassen/Rooney every other game) and several players with immense talent who will be there shortly (Pickford/Keane/Onyekuru). And they are supposedly just getting started this summer.

They've made a big splash, and it will absolutely produce results on the pitch. It may take a little bit to gel, but once they get going they will be class. I guess we can revisit this thread in a few years' time, if you like.

But, anyway, I definitely agree about The Americans. Honestly didn't know what this summer would bring, but it's worked out well enough so far. Mesa is quality, and it seems they're playing legitimate hardball with our best players. Clearing the deadwood is also a difficult undertaking, and they've done a pretty good job of it. Rather refreshing.

It will take a turn for the worse, though, if it's all bbullsshitt and Siggy/Llorente leave for cut-rate prices. A LOT of time left, still. But I am a lot more optimistic than I was before we got Mesa, that's for sure. Maybe the "next level" talk wasn't all bbullsshitt. We'll see.

What an absolute beaut is this Nirvana....

Everton have made a big splash and it will ABSOLUTELY produce results - well that's true I guess, shit ones that's got their manager sacked and them in the bottom 3

Perhaps we should revisit this thread in a few years he said... How long was he planning on them gelling???

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024