Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? 08:50 - Jul 9 with 51132 viewsSTID2017

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/7/9/15942572/everton-transfer-rumours-
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Swansea+City
Loads of report suggesting it's a done deal at a bargain basement price for such a quality player
If this is the case then someone at the club needs shooting for selling him , especially at that price
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 8:53]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:01 - Jul 10 with 2212 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 06:51 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Paul Clement only made it to non-league and most would say he understood the game. Paul Merson played the game at the highest level, and he's a f*cking idiot.

Makes no difference if you've played the game at a high level, a low level or not at all. If you've got a decent brain in your head you're capable of understanding the game as well as anybody.

I would agree (sort of), Doc.

You don't have to play in the CL to "understand" football. And I never made that point.

My intitial post was in response to poor Neathie, who is the epitome of the 'inside-all day, talking sshitt on the internet-all day' type so prevalent on these forums. When asked to explain by Darran, I made the point that if you've played you "understand the game quicker and more efficiently" than someone who hasn't.

That is absolutely true, and the opposite of sshitt-talking. Yes, someone with a brain can learn the game, but it won't come naturally to them like someone who played at a high level. And as with everything in life, this doesn't apply to every single person and there are exceptions to the rule.

As for Clement, his father and brother played at the highest-level, so that's a terrible example. It's in his genes, so to speak, and he's spent a ffukkload of time studying the game "at the highest-level" to compensate for not playing. Merson would be the exception, but I'm sure most of what he says is simply to garner attention. He's a TV pundit, that's what they do.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:06 - Jul 10 with 2167 viewsGlyn1

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:41 - Jul 10 by Davillin

One could say that you questioned the Yanks' definition of the wrong word in that first clause. Your query was about their definition of "wisely," but the far more dangerous definition is theirs about "invested."

We all have learned that one well.

If the new owners have turned down £40 million in order to keep Syggi at Swansea, then they have my sincere congratulations and best wishes - well done them. (The £50 million price tag must surely be a way of saying that's he not for sale.)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:07 - Jul 10 with 2159 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 13:02 - Jul 10 by Meraki

I don't think Mourinho played at all?

Mourinho did play at a high level, though, Meraki.

He made 32 appearances for Rio Ave and Belenenses in the early '80s, and they were/are established top-tier Portuguese clubs. His father was also a major goalkeeper and coach in Portugal so, again, football is in his genes. And he's spent an inordinate amount of time studying the game at "the highest level". Not a good example.

And just to clarify, I never said you couldn't learn the game and understand it if you haven't played on a good level. What I did say is that it comes naturally to you if you did, and that is not a debatable point. It's just reality.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:08 - Jul 10 with 2142 viewsNaughty71

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:08 - Jul 10 by SWANSEYE

BREAKING NEWS FROM SKY

Everton will have to pay in the region of £50m if they are to tempt Swansea’s talismanic midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson away from the Liberty Stadium.

Swansea are yet to receive any official approaches from Everton and are known to be frustrated by reports that the Merseyside club is about to launch a second bid of £35m.
12:44
BREAKING NEWS

Burnley are in talks with Swansea over the signing of midfielder Jack Cork. It is thought the fee under discussion could rise to £10m, according to Sky sources.

This is what sums up the state of journalism at the moment. Absolute hogwash.

If there has not been an official approach by Everton, how can there possibly be a second bid of £35 million? There has not been a bid of the reported £32 million yet!

Tripe of the highest order.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:13 - Jul 10 with 2110 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:06 - Jul 10 by Glyn1

If the new owners have turned down £40 million in order to keep Syggi at Swansea, then they have my sincere congratulations and best wishes - well done them. (The £50 million price tag must surely be a way of saying that's he not for sale.)

Absolutely 100%, Glyn.

All of this stuff is just paper talk, and it all changes by the hour. We'll only know the real answer when/if there's a move. But if The Americans really have slapped a £50m price tag on Siggy, not only does that tell me they're smart businessmen, but also that they're not trying to deplete the club just for money.

Like I said, we'll only know the answer when something actually happens, but for the time being this is looking really good for us, for once. Jenkins would've shipped him out in January if he could. Maybe we finally have someone at the club who understands this whole game better than he does.

And that's a very good thing.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:15 - Jul 10 with 2091 viewsNeath_Jack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:01 - Jul 10 by Nirvana

You don't have to play in the CL to "understand" football. And I never made that point.

My intitial post was in response to poor Neathie, who is the epitome of the 'inside-all day, talking sshitt on the internet-all day' type so prevalent on these forums. When asked to explain by Darran, I made the point that if you've played you "understand the game quicker and more efficiently" than someone who hasn't.

That is absolutely true, and the opposite of sshitt-talking. Yes, someone with a brain can learn the game, but it won't come naturally to them like someone who played at a high level. And as with everything in life, this doesn't apply to every single person and there are exceptions to the rule.

As for Clement, his father and brother played at the highest-level, so that's a terrible example. It's in his genes, so to speak, and he's spent a ffukkload of time studying the game "at the highest-level" to compensate for not playing. Merson would be the exception, but I'm sure most of what he says is simply to garner attention. He's a TV pundit, that's what they do.

Fffffuucccckkkkinggggg monumental cockspanner.

Why don't you stick some stats up wuss, it's what you do.

Your alter ego is getting stranger by the day, it won't be long and the men in the white coats will be along to save you from your miserable lonely life, hang in there super scout, ooops sorry i mean footballer to a high level who understands the game quicker than most

Fffffffffuuuckkkkkking raging i am.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:17 - Jul 10 with 2074 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:15 - Jul 10 by Neath_Jack

Fffffuucccckkkkinggggg monumental cockspanner.

Why don't you stick some stats up wuss, it's what you do.

Your alter ego is getting stranger by the day, it won't be long and the men in the white coats will be along to save you from your miserable lonely life, hang in there super scout, ooops sorry i mean footballer to a high level who understands the game quicker than most

Fffffffffuuuckkkkkking raging i am.

"SOMEONE'S GETTING RATTLED"

(EDIT: You can argue with yourself tonight, Neathie, I don't have time for clowns, sorry)
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 21:19]
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:19 - Jul 10 with 2052 viewsNeath_Jack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:17 - Jul 10 by Nirvana

(EDIT: You can argue with yourself tonight, Neathie, I don't have time for clowns, sorry)

Yes, i already said i was raging mush.

Do keep up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:29 - Jul 10 with 1970 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:08 - Jul 10 by Naughty71

This is what sums up the state of journalism at the moment. Absolute hogwash.

If there has not been an official approach by Everton, how can there possibly be a second bid of £35 million? There has not been a bid of the reported £32 million yet!

Tripe of the highest order.

I agree personally think he will gone by the end of the week for between 35/40 million

If he's going get it done & let's get a replacement in
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:30 - Jul 10 with 1958 viewsTom1912

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:29 - Jul 10 by pencoedjack

I agree personally think he will gone by the end of the week for between 35/40 million

If he's going get it done & let's get a replacement in

Or even better, if he's going, hold out for the best deal possible. We've got loads of time to get a replacement in.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 21:31]
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:34 - Jul 10 with 1932 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:30 - Jul 10 by Tom1912

Or even better, if he's going, hold out for the best deal possible. We've got loads of time to get a replacement in.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 21:31]

Well I'd rather a replacement before we go to the states

The season kicks off 4 weeks Saturday
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:41 - Jul 10 with 1864 viewsNeathJack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:17 - Jul 10 by Nirvana

Point of order here, I'm bloody "Neathie" on here, not the erstwhile Neath_Jack.

Just saying, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind me doing so.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:41 - Jul 10 with 1860 viewsTom1912

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:34 - Jul 10 by pencoedjack

Well I'd rather a replacement before we go to the states

The season kicks off 4 weeks Saturday

Exactly. 4 weeks is loads of time.

If patience means we're upping the price by £5m-£10m that's another new player.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:52 - Jul 10 with 1779 viewsDr_Winston

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:41 - Jul 10 by NeathJack

Point of order here, I'm bloody "Neathie" on here, not the erstwhile Neath_Jack.

Perhaps one of you should be "Neathie" and the other "Neefie"?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:56 - Jul 10 with 1751 viewsjack247

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:52 - Jul 10 by Nirvana

I'll remain civil if you do, Bryn, but I vehemently disagree with the broad point you are attempting to make here and so does reality.

Everton finished 7th, just eight points behind Man U, and they were sshitt for most of the season. They didn't have the talent to compete and they still managed to keep it close. But the money they're spending and the quality they're bringing in this summer, yes they will be "highest-level" very, very soon. That would be why Siggy would go there, not money. Everton are playing in Europe next season, which is the "highest-level" whichever way you look at it. Their aim is the CL, and they are absolutely bringing in the class to achieve that.

And if any of these reports are to be believed, then I guess all of them are, right? There are many out there that have stated Pochettino is very interested in bringing Siggy in. Spurs are the "highest-level" you can surely admit that, yes? But Levy is extremely tight-fisted with the budget and they're probably saving up to open the new stadium. So, if they don't come in for Siggy it has more to do with that than any deficiencies on his part.

Everton aren't going to get top 4 anytime soon. They are filling their squad with players who are an improvement on what they already have, but aren't quite good enough to attract CL teams. Best they can hope for is 6th if one of the bigger guns has a wobble. They may gradually build towards that by improving their squad ever year, but Siggy would be recycled and out of the team by the time that happens.

Can't blame him for wanting to go there though, however you look at it, it's a bigger club with better players, playing in Europe and he will be earning more money.

I'd imagine Spurs would be in for him if they could get him at a knock down price, which is why the interest seems to have faded lately. They don't appear desperate to sign him.

Either way, I have to give credit where it's due, the Americans have impressed me so far this window. Signed one quality player in an area we desperately needed it, quickly offloaded a lot of deadwood, are on the verge of getting a ridiculous price for Cork and look set to either keep Siggy here or wring absolute top dollar out of him. We'd have shit ourselves at £20m and caved in £2m later a couple of years ago.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:01 - Jul 10 with 1716 viewsTheFranchise

I have only had a dude hug off one of you. I'm getting confused.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:04 - Jul 10 with 1680 viewsNeathJack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:01 - Jul 10 by TheFranchise

I have only had a dude hug off one of you. I'm getting confused.

Ah joyful memories of Pratley's 50 yarder
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:08 - Jul 10 with 1646 viewsFireboy2

I'm certain that PC will be scouring for an attacking midfielder this very minute just in case we sell siggy

And we'll done to the club for sticking a 50 million tag on him

These guys know their business well

Big nose would have caved in at 20 million

The CVNT
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:10 - Jul 10 with 1624 viewsNirvana

Sorry amigo.

But you genuinely want to be called Neathie?

If so, you're Neathie and the clown will be Neefie.

How's that?

(Naming rights go to the Doc)
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:25 - Jul 10 with 1531 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:56 - Jul 10 by jack247

Everton aren't going to get top 4 anytime soon. They are filling their squad with players who are an improvement on what they already have, but aren't quite good enough to attract CL teams. Best they can hope for is 6th if one of the bigger guns has a wobble. They may gradually build towards that by improving their squad ever year, but Siggy would be recycled and out of the team by the time that happens.

Can't blame him for wanting to go there though, however you look at it, it's a bigger club with better players, playing in Europe and he will be earning more money.

I'd imagine Spurs would be in for him if they could get him at a knock down price, which is why the interest seems to have faded lately. They don't appear desperate to sign him.

Either way, I have to give credit where it's due, the Americans have impressed me so far this window. Signed one quality player in an area we desperately needed it, quickly offloaded a lot of deadwood, are on the verge of getting a ridiculous price for Cork and look set to either keep Siggy here or wring absolute top dollar out of him. We'd have shit ourselves at £20m and caved in £2m later a couple of years ago.

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about Everton, 247.

From my perspective, they have brought in several players of ready-made, genuine quality (Sandro/Klaassen/Rooney every other game) and several players with immense talent who will be there shortly (Pickford/Keane/Onyekuru). And they are supposedly just getting started this summer.

They've made a big splash, and it will absolutely produce results on the pitch. It may take a little bit to gel, but once they get going they will be class. I guess we can revisit this thread in a few years' time, if you like.

But, anyway, I definitely agree about The Americans. Honestly didn't know what this summer would bring, but it's worked out well enough so far. Mesa is quality, and it seems they're playing legitimate hardball with our best players. Clearing the deadwood is also a difficult undertaking, and they've done a pretty good job of it. Rather refreshing.

It will take a turn for the worse, though, if it's all bbullsshitt and Siggy/Llorente leave for cut-rate prices. A LOT of time left, still. But I am a lot more optimistic than I was before we got Mesa, that's for sure. Maybe the "next level" talk wasn't all bbullsshitt. We'll see.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:32 - Jul 10 with 1477 viewsLoyal

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:08 - Jul 10 by Fireboy2

I'm certain that PC will be scouring for an attacking midfielder this very minute just in case we sell siggy

And we'll done to the club for sticking a 50 million tag on him

These guys know their business well

Big nose would have caved in at 20 million

The CVNT

I would like to think PC is scouring nothing and knows exactly who he wants.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 23:00 - Jul 10 with 1385 viewsFireboy2

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 22:32 - Jul 10 by Loyal

I would like to think PC is scouring nothing and knows exactly who he wants.

Touche'
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 23:21 - Jul 10 with 1327 viewsNirvana

INCOMING!!!

THE PLANE!!! THE PLANE!!!

(Chrissy Wissy's online)
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 23:23 - Jul 10 with 1319 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:52 - Jul 10 by Nirvana

I'll remain civil if you do, Bryn, but I vehemently disagree with the broad point you are attempting to make here and so does reality.

Everton finished 7th, just eight points behind Man U, and they were sshitt for most of the season. They didn't have the talent to compete and they still managed to keep it close. But the money they're spending and the quality they're bringing in this summer, yes they will be "highest-level" very, very soon. That would be why Siggy would go there, not money. Everton are playing in Europe next season, which is the "highest-level" whichever way you look at it. Their aim is the CL, and they are absolutely bringing in the class to achieve that.

And if any of these reports are to be believed, then I guess all of them are, right? There are many out there that have stated Pochettino is very interested in bringing Siggy in. Spurs are the "highest-level" you can surely admit that, yes? But Levy is extremely tight-fisted with the budget and they're probably saving up to open the new stadium. So, if they don't come in for Siggy it has more to do with that than any deficiencies on his part.

Why would you not be civil to me? Because I'm dealing in fact and not the rose tinted fairytale that you persist in telling yourself. He's off because he has zero loyalty to Swansea City and he can't wait to leave, and as no champions league clubs are interested he's gone to a very dark horse in Everton.

Levy would buy him if pochetino wanted him enough. They could have won the league last year. If Gylfi was as good as you say he is be would have enhanced Spurs' midfield and maybe giving them the title this coming season.

Though obviously Spurs don't hold the same opinion of Gylfi's talents as you do.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 23:29]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 23:27 - Jul 10 with 1305 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 21:01 - Jul 10 by Nirvana

There's fack all high level about you little girl.

You're like the rampant rabbit of talking bullshit mind. But I guess it's easy to have no shame when you're hidden away up your own ffffffccccccking arse!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024