Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? 08:50 - Jul 9 with 51141 viewsSTID2017

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/7/9/15942572/everton-transfer-rumours-
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Swansea+City
Loads of report suggesting it's a done deal at a bargain basement price for such a quality player
If this is the case then someone at the club needs shooting for selling him , especially at that price
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 8:53]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:25 - Jul 9 with 2757 viewscrix

so they have just signed rooney who is probably going to be their no10 so where is siggy going to play. I think this 'its a done deal' is a little bit off the mark.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:27 - Jul 9 with 2743 viewsPorthcawlswan

If siggy and llorente go I can see ayew/abraham up front, with a new attacking midfielder/winger brought in and a more passing style being implemented. Personally hope both stay
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:29 - Jul 9 with 2722 viewsgrfn

they also have Barkley and Klassen for attacking midfielders.
I dont think they would need Gylfi so much.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:36 - Jul 9 with 2667 viewsjojaca

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:20 - Jul 9 by snork44

Everton are turning from being a 'proper' team to Man City or Chelsea 'lite', when the Swans were in the fourth division in the late 1970's, Everton were my First Division team. I still look for their results now, but the way they are hoovering up players is making them to be just another team to loathe. Everton used to be called the 'School of Science' now it is just another plaything that massages the ego of another multi-billionaire who thinks they will win the league by splashing the cash.

Unfortunately we will accept the £30 million that Everton will throw at us and we will be patronizingly treated like a little schoolboy as we are only little old Swansea. Huw with his small town mentality will see this as a great deal for Swansea, but true Swansea fans will see us being again being sort changed yet again by a so-called big club.

I hope if we do sell Siggy,I hope the monies will be invested into quality players and not the £5 million bargain bucket players that Huw thinks that he will sell at triple the value later down the road. For every Alfie Mawson there is also a David N'Gog.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 14:29]

We are not little old Swansea, it's sensible business buying low and selling high. If the other clubs want to throw large sums around leave them to it. Spending big doesn't guarantee success. The house of cards will eventually collapse with Sky already moaning viewing figures were down 14% last season.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 14:38]

Even when you know, you never know?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? (n/t) on 14:42 - Jul 9 with 2624 viewsDafyddHuw

[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 14:45]
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:45 - Jul 9 with 2600 viewsjedijack

I just hope we have a replacement in first, if he is to be sold.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:45 - Jul 9 with 2598 viewsDafyddHuw

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 13:19 - Jul 9 by Porthcawlswan

Anyone trying to make the argument that gylfi doesn't fit the passing style clearly doesn't remember our first season in the premier, llorente on the other hand, brilliant player but feeds off hoof ball
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 13:21]

Beat me to it.
Why do the "experts" on here seem to think that Siggy can only play dead-ball football?

His free kicks and corners are a bonus, not a limitation.
The guy's a proper footballer. If you can't see that,you shouldn't be commenting.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 15:20 - Jul 9 with 2463 viewsPrivate_Partz

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 14:45 - Jul 9 by DafyddHuw

Beat me to it.
Why do the "experts" on here seem to think that Siggy can only play dead-ball football?

The guy's a proper footballer. If you can't see that,you shouldn't be commenting.

Absolutely. Also with Llorente. He does not feed off hoofball. Those are strikers who play back to goal all the time. Most of his goals came from crosses into the box. He is decent on the floor as well and more than capable of going deep to provide flick one both with head and feet.
If Llorente goes we need to look to replace him with something similar. Otherwise we will simply be 'on the deck one trick ponies'. Our passing game needs to be alive and well but we need to be able to mix it up a bit also.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 15:40 - Jul 9 with 2372 viewsjack247

Beat me to it.

I don't think many actually think that. He played great football behind two totally different types of striker in Graham and Bony. He has certainly had his moments with Llorente, although we haven't been as dynamic.

This was always going to happen at some point, will be very interesting to see what type and pedigree of #10 we bring in.

Its a blow, but if (and it's a big if) Clement gets the funds and the freedom to replace him as he sees fit, I don't see it being a disaster.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:00 - Jul 9 with 2254 viewspencoedjack

Beat me to it.

Because they are not experts .... in fact I would say they don't really understand football
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:06 - Jul 9 with 2213 viewsvetchonian

£25M into the coffers for paying out the court case and £5M to fund a bargain basement replacement

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:08 - Jul 9 with 2196 viewsdobjack2

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:06 - Jul 9 by vetchonian

£25M into the coffers for paying out the court case and £5M to fund a bargain basement replacement

You cynic
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:19 - Jul 9 with 2138 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyway, according to Dineens boy, Gylfi has wanted out for months. That's going to upset the Gylf fan boys even more now. "Ah what does he know" etc etc

*I'm assuming it's his boy.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:21 - Jul 9 with 2115 viewsPorthcawlswan

Ok I'll re phrase he thrives off aerial attack and can play hold up football, like I said great player but not really accustomed to fluid passing football that maybe implemented this year. All its and buts, although like I said llorente is a brilliant striker just more of a target man, personally don't want to lose him
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:30 - Jul 9 with 2078 viewsmajorraglan

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Were any promises made when signed a new contract last year?

I would imagine that a player of GS quality isn't going to want to be playing for a team that struggles at the wrong end of the table as Swansea have over the last 2 seasons, he probably wants to play for a successful team who have a chance of winning trophies. Whether that's Everton I don't know, but they are a big club. If we wants out then it's time to move him on, the key is getting the best deal.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:33 - Jul 9 with 2058 viewsmonmouth

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:30 - Jul 9 by majorraglan

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Were any promises made when signed a new contract last year?

I would imagine that a player of GS quality isn't going to want to be playing for a team that struggles at the wrong end of the table as Swansea have over the last 2 seasons, he probably wants to play for a successful team who have a chance of winning trophies. Whether that's Everton I don't know, but they are a big club. If we wants out then it's time to move him on, the key is getting the best deal.

I love our club , and wish it were different but....any of our players would go to Everton like a shot given the chance (if they were being bought for the first team). i can't believe anyone thinks any different, I really can't. It's like saying Keane would have stayed at Burnley. Ridiculous.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:40 - Jul 9 with 2000 viewsDr_Winston

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:19 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

Anyway, according to Dineens boy, Gylfi has wanted out for months. That's going to upset the Gylf fan boys even more now. "Ah what does he know" etc etc

Not easy to be critical of the club on Twitter without a Dineen turning up and being all defensive.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:45 - Jul 9 with 1959 viewsPrivate_Partz

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:21 - Jul 9 by Porthcawlswan

Ok I'll re phrase he thrives off aerial attack and can play hold up football, like I said great player but not really accustomed to fluid passing football that maybe implemented this year. All its and buts, although like I said llorente is a brilliant striker just more of a target man, personally don't want to lose him

I don't either. He offers something different and is considered by many to be the best header of a ball in the top flight. The goal from Tom's cross at Anfield was a pure football orgasm ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:49 - Jul 9 with 1933 viewsDJack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 11:44 - Jul 9 by TheResurrection

I know a lot disagree with me but I genuinely think these 2 are as much the problem as they were some sort of solution to our annus horiblis of last season.

If the figures are correct and we do get somewhere in the region of £50m that could guarantee us several more seasons in the EPL.

We can bring in some real quality from wherever. Young, dynamic players in the mould of the Ajax and Monaco teams, for example, on good wages/contracts.

Yes, I've heard all the boring, old trodden fallacies about them saving our season. Yes and no.... they as much saved it as they ruined it.They were in our 2 most important attacking positions and had zero chemistry, apart from the set pieces, never linked up, beat a man, went around a player, got goal side, played through balls, opened up defences, NOTHING.

They were static and predictable and we played for free kicks.

Please let there be no more of the rubbish of the Siggy/Llorente Great Escape season.

For me, if we lose both of them we will have the problem of suitable replacements for them both AND getting them gelled with the team so that they hit the ground running as it were. (That said every season Siggy always starts a bit slow)

If we sell both of them and we fail to re-invest suitably and then spiral, then you will need to borrow Huw's bodyguards.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:52 - Jul 9 with 1907 viewsLoyal

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:45 - Jul 9 by Private_Partz

I don't either. He offers something different and is considered by many to be the best header of a ball in the top flight. The goal from Tom's cross at Anfield was a pure football orgasm ;-)

The most perfect Swansea goal in years.
Can we honestly replace that level of ability.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:52 - Jul 9 with 1908 viewssnork44

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:30 - Jul 9 by majorraglan

I understand what you are saying, we now have Clement as the head coach and not that clown Bradley. We have signed Mesa and Abraham (on loan) so we are showing ambition.

Gylfi will be guaranteed a first team place here, at Everton he will be battling Rooney,Klasson and possibly Barkley for the #10 role. We have been down this road before when Rodgers left and although Sigurdsson was on loan, he chose Spurs and we signed some guy called Michu who didn't do so badly.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 16:59]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 17:01 - Jul 9 with 1850 viewsjack247

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:52 - Jul 9 by Loyal

The most perfect Swansea goal in years.
Can we honestly replace that level of ability.

Not in the air, no. He is among the best in the league attacking crosses.

We said similar about Bony, Michu, Trundle and Scotland though. We will be ok.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 17:22 - Jul 9 with 1700 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:19 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

But he also says the American owners are hell-bent on keeping Sigurdsson.

I hope he's correct and they are playing hardball and/or trying to change Siggy's mind with £.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 17:23 - Jul 9 with 1693 viewsE20Jack

Its clear he wasnt 100% happy this season. In fact I pointed it out at the start of the season , and especially after the Palace game interview.

I have come round to the idea anyway. £35m+ and that could potentially go a long long way.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 17:51 - Jul 9 with 1573 viewstomdickharry

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 16:52 - Jul 9 by snork44

I understand what you are saying, we now have Clement as the head coach and not that clown Bradley. We have signed Mesa and Abraham (on loan) so we are showing ambition.

Gylfi will be guaranteed a first team place here, at Everton he will be battling Rooney,Klasson and possibly Barkley for the #10 role. We have been down this road before when Rodgers left and although Sigurdsson was on loan, he chose Spurs and we signed some guy called Michu who didn't do so badly.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 16:59]

At Everton the options are -
New Striker to replace Lukakua (Will play)
Rooney (Will play)
Klaassan (Will play)
Barkley (Will play)
Davies (Will play)
Gueye (Will play)
Schneiderlin (Will play)
Wonder how Koeman going to fit Siggy in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024