Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? 08:50 - Jul 9 with 51208 viewsSTID2017

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/2017/7/9/15942572/everton-transfer-rumours-
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Swansea+City
Loads of report suggesting it's a done deal at a bargain basement price for such a quality player
If this is the case then someone at the club needs shooting for selling him , especially at that price
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 8:53]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:04 - Jul 9 with 2145 viewsItchySphincter

It's done apparently- 32M.

The Mail is reporting that the transfer has happened, not speculation.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:07 - Jul 9 with 2121 viewsJack123

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:04 - Jul 9 by ItchySphincter

:( ah well, I just hope someone good is coming in..

libera nos a malo

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:09 - Jul 9 with 2092 viewsEilian

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:38 - Jul 9 by TheResurrection

I'm sorry mate but that post is just littered with falsehoods and inaccuracies.

Any transfer, in or out or contract negotiation is a gamble, and not just for us, but every club, even the big ones. Yeah, they won't have the threat of relegation hanging over them if they mess one or two up, but they are all gambles to a large degree.

And the willingness to pay similar money - for us - can only come from our wheeling and dealing. We rely on the one to fund the other, we just don't have the other natural resources so we can't have the moon on the stick.

For you Baston, I would come back with Scotland, Partley, Bony, Michu, Williams. For all the stick the Club gets in the market place, and some is rightly dished out, overall, we have a pretty good track record.

The settling in period is a bit of a myth at times, there are just as many players hitting the ground running as ones taking a bit longer.

And there was a massive and sole reason for the debacle of last season and it would have had NOTHING to do with the fact that had we had Siggy and Llorente to sell last Summer we would have had the same issue. Oh no, the Directors weren't at the races last season and our whole Summer's acquisitions was left at the back of the shelf and way down the pecking order in terms of priority.

There's no more or less to it - that's what happened.

And not living in the past - just realising it's a very competitive market and Siggy aint all that in the grand scheme of things.

I find it hard to compliment you, but yo do talk a lot of sense sometimes.

anyway moving on from that....

at the end of the day, Gulfi is only one player. As much as we all love him and how well he has served the club, he is nothing more than a saleable asset.

Fortunately, there are very definitely purchasable assets out there. Believe it or not, we can replace him!

This all comes down to business. Is economics. It's capitalism.

Hopefully this time next year we will be going through the same situation with Mawson.

Again in that situation, we will be looking to sell one asset to improve the quality of the team/squad overall.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:10 - Jul 9 with 2071 viewsswan_si

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 19:57 - Jul 9 by Jack123

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sport/video-1498161/Sigurdsson-trains-ex-Swanse Jumping the gun..?

If he wants to go, and as long as we get the best price, and also reinvest, no problem..we wouldn't be that fcking stupis to let it happen for another season!

In all honesty I would be surprised if it happens under clement, sure the roque mesa transfer pc and cm had a big input.

that video shows him training at Fairwood with the current team.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:11 - Jul 9 with 2049 viewsLandore_Jack

£32m? We have been robbed. Especially when you consider how much Everton value Ross Barkley. Siggy was the better player last season.

#backtojack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:13 - Jul 9 with 2043 viewsEilian

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:04 - Jul 9 by ItchySphincter

link?
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:17 - Jul 9 with 1988 viewsJango

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:11 - Jul 9 by Landore_Jack

£32m? We have been robbed. Especially when you consider how much Everton value Ross Barkley. Siggy was the better player last season.

He's not a better player tho in my opinion. In open play with the ball to feet, Barkley is ten times the player siggy is. Siggy won't get every pen, free kick and corner next season at Everton, he'll struggle to make the starting 11 at all.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:20 - Jul 9 with 1949 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:17 - Jul 9 by Jango

He's not a better player tho in my opinion. In open play with the ball to feet, Barkley is ten times the player siggy is. Siggy won't get every pen, free kick and corner next season at Everton, he'll struggle to make the starting 11 at all.

You've clearly never seen Barkley play, then.

Take a look at how Everton supporters feel about their hometown boy, and maybe you'll get an understanding.

The guy has no brains, and I'm being kind in saying that. Never makes the right decision. Proper athlete, for sure, but not a footballer.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:26 - Jul 9 with 1876 viewsowainglyndwr

I like Siggy loads and hope he stays, but cannot see it and if he does go I hope he falls flat on his arse.
It seems to me you give the guy everything and he still shirts on you.

We really need to get the check book out for a replacement
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:26 - Jul 9 with 1867 viewsJango

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:20 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

You've clearly never seen Barkley play, then.

Take a look at how Everton supporters feel about their hometown boy, and maybe you'll get an understanding.

The guy has no brains, and I'm being kind in saying that. Never makes the right decision. Proper athlete, for sure, but not a footballer.

23 year old who's scored 38 goals and assisted 32 already in his career. That's without having free kicks or penalties to rely on either. I've seen him plenty of times and when he's on his game and running with the ball he's a frightening player. Probably why Everton have offered him a bumper new contract and spurs are linked with a £50 million bid. No brains and not a footballer tho.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:27 - Jul 9 with 1863 viewsDr_Winston

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:11 - Jul 9 by Landore_Jack

Jordan Pickford - £30m
Michael Keane - £30m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - £32m

Whether he wants out or not, whether he's a set piece expert and nothing else or not, it would be absolutely f*cking shocking if we sold for that price.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:28 - Jul 9 with 1847 viewsNeath_Jack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:26 - Jul 9 by Jango

23 year old who's scored 38 goals and assisted 32 already in his career. That's without having free kicks or penalties to rely on either. I've seen him plenty of times and when he's on his game and running with the ball he's a frightening player. Probably why Everton have offered him a bumper new contract and spurs are linked with a £50 million bid. No brains and not a footballer tho.

How dare you question the super scout!

You don't know ffffuuuuucking sshhhhit. Or something.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:35 - Jul 9 with 1751 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:26 - Jul 9 by Jango

He doesn't take free-kicks or penalties because he's not good at them. Because he's not all there, mentally. Several quality managers have tried and failed to get more from him, and they've said so very publicly.

You say he looks good running with ball? Yeah, that's it. And plenty of people all over the world can do that. It's not hard to be athletic and have a good physique.

It is hard to know when to chip a ball, when to play a throughball, when to make a move and take a shot, when to play in a teammate in a better position, when to find open space and organize yourself in attack on the fly, etc. He doesn't do any of these properly, and that's why Everton/Koeman would love to move him on, hometown boy and all.

Funny you're creaming over Thick Ross, though, and so unappreciative of Siggy. Againn someone whose given his all for this club for a long timen and saved our ffukkingg 'arses' over and over again.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:37 - Jul 9 with 1724 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:35 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

He doesn't take free-kicks or penalties because he's not good at them. Because he's not all there, mentally. Several quality managers have tried and failed to get more from him, and they've said so very publicly.

You say he looks good running with ball? Yeah, that's it. And plenty of people all over the world can do that. It's not hard to be athletic and have a good physique.

It is hard to know when to chip a ball, when to play a throughball, when to make a move and take a shot, when to play in a teammate in a better position, when to find open space and organize yourself in attack on the fly, etc. He doesn't do any of these properly, and that's why Everton/Koeman would love to move him on, hometown boy and all.

Funny you're creaming over Thick Ross, though, and so unappreciative of Siggy. Againn someone whose given his all for this club for a long timen and saved our ffukkingg 'arses' over and over again.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:38 - Jul 9 with 1700 viewsLandore_Jack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:27 - Jul 9 by Dr_Winston

Jordan Pickford - £30m
Michael Keane - £30m
Gylfi Sigurdsson - £32m

Whether he wants out or not, whether he's a set piece expert and nothing else or not, it would be absolutely f*cking shocking if we sold for that price.

Agree. Either pay the asking price of £40M or look somewhere else. I am sure Everton would pay since they are desperate.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 20:39]

#backtojack

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:39 - Jul 9 with 1699 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:37 - Jul 9 by TheResurrection

Oh wow, one ffukkingg youtube clip from many years ago.

I guess you got me there, 'expert'.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:40 - Jul 9 with 1664 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:39 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

Barkley took us apart that day.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:41 - Jul 9 with 1643 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:39 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

It wasn't hard, I was at the game and it was one of the best seen down there.

You're just embarrassing yourself and it's only going to get worse little girl when he's holding up the Everton shirt

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:41 - Jul 9 with 1641 viewsJango

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:35 - Jul 9 by Nirvana

He contributed to 15 goals this season and 16 last season. How much more do you want from such a young player at the top level? I'm not criticising siggy I just think Barkley is the better player from open play. Do you think siggy could contribute to 16 goals if the set pices and penalties were given to someone else?
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:44 - Jul 9 with 1602 viewsTheResurrection

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:41 - Jul 9 by Jango

He contributed to 15 goals this season and 16 last season. How much more do you want from such a young player at the top level? I'm not criticising siggy I just think Barkley is the better player from open play. Do you think siggy could contribute to 16 goals if the set pices and penalties were given to someone else?

Mate, he's 10 times the player Siggy ever will be and for some to even think about comparing them, because Barkley has a tendency to play without total composure all the time, is quite frankly pathetic.

Nirvana is total beaut. A lost cause.

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:48 - Jul 9 with 1542 viewsNirvana

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:41 - Jul 9 by TheResurrection

It wasn't hard, I was at the game and it was one of the best seen down there.

You're just embarrassing yourself and it's only going to get worse little girl when he's holding up the Everton shirt

Yeah, no.

Siggy's put in many of the best performances in the Liberty's history. Guess you weren't there for all those, though. Maybe in Cardiff, scummer?

And I never said Siggy wouldn't leave. In actuality, I said it was likely because of the way the club has been run for so long.

You've "embarrassed yourself" long enough on here. Try something else for once. What happened to all that "family time" you value so much? Sunday night and you're arguing on a forum?

Haha, you scummer you.
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:54 - Jul 9 with 1470 viewsbluenile

The Mail being more than a little naughty here. The initial headline makes it sound like it's definitely a done deal and yet, when you look into it, it's obvious that they've jumped the gun. And a video of him training "with his Swansea Ex-teammates!"..................fecking hell. No doubt he's going but I really hope our staff know better than to undersell him when there are at least three clubs chasing his signature. Unless of course, he's said it's only Everton for him. 40 million, surely?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/sport/video-1498161/Sigurdsson-trains-ex-Swanse

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:54 - Jul 9 with 1465 viewsNirvana

Set pieces have, and always will be, a huge part of football. You can't remove them and have some theoretical conversation about footballers.

Siggy is literally world-class with a dead ball, and he's also great in open play. Jenkins has watered down our talent to the point we were actually relying on Routledge and Dyer last season. Enough said about that. Put him on Everton, or put some quality wingers on the pitch, and absoffukkingglutely he'd contribute to that and more.

For the record, Barkley is young and can improve and he's very talented. You said he was "10 times the player Siggy is" in open play and that's nonsense.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 21:01]
(EDIT: Phone fackup) (n/t) on 20:55 - Jul 9 with 1458 viewsNirvana

[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 20:56]
Gylfi Deal All But Done - £30 million ? on 20:56 - Jul 9 with 1443 viewsNeath_Jack

Someone is getting rattled

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024