Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Facebook Post 19:19 - Jul 9 with 7300 viewsPhil_S

I posted this on Facebook earlier and will make no apologies for the self praise in it :D

OK so it is time for a self praising post but one I write with a massive degree of pride at what I have achieved this year and with no apologies for the length of it

At the back end of 2016, I got on a flight from Glasgow to Bristol and the seat belt barely did up. It was at that moment that I decided things needed to change so as soon as Christmas was out of the way I set myself some key goals to lose weight and a plan and started on what has been an incredible journey filled with self pride.

When I weighed in on 2nd January, I weighed 143.2kg with a BMI that was 44.2. At no point did anyone know that weight, it was a secret between me and the scales and a secret that I was ashamed of. My body fat was 53.4%.

I lost weight gradually during January and at the end of the month bought a Fitbit that was to totally change my life for the better. One Sunday evening just 2 weeks later I elected to change my focus and went for a walk to burn off the effects of a Sunday roast dinner. It was gone 7pm at night and never something I would have contemplated prior to that point.

On the 19th February, I did 18,000 steps and even today that is the last time I failed to do at least 20,000 steps a day or to put that into perspective, today will be the 140th consecutive day I have managed at least 20,000 steps as many of my Fitbit friends will testify.

Since buying the Fitbit I have managed 4.7 million steps at an average of over 29,000 per day and it has recorded over 600 hours of exercise and completely changed my body shape. In the main it has been walking, the only level of exercise I have taken until this week when I ran 7km on Wednesday, 8km on Friday and 10km this morning.

As I have got smaller and lost weight I have ensured that all the clothes I became too big for have departed the wardrobe and only kept the suit I wore to work on the 4th January just as a realisation of how much change I have gone through.

I had an initial target weight of losing 6 stone by the time we go on holiday in August, a figure I managed to beat in the 2nd week of May.

I weighed in this morning and had a weight figure of 92.3kg (total loss of 50.9 kg or 112 lbs (8 stone), body fat of 23.5% and a BMI down to 28.5. I have lost 35% of my total starting body weight - Lucy got on the scales after me and weighed 53Kg so I have pretty much lost the weight of one of my daughters.

Yesterday I bought Levis jeans with a 34inc waist, if I was lucky I used to get into 48 inch waist jeans and could never find them in the shops.

In September I will attempt a 26 mile walk in London and will also enter the Swansea half marathon for next year now the running has started. My walking will slow down and I don't want to lose more weight - I am happy with my body and my fitness is so much better. My challenge now is to maintain my weight and turn some of my remaining fat into muscle

My diet is still good but I eat what I want. Last night I had some chips and a bit of pizza and I still eat my greatest sin which is chocolate but in moderation.

My wardrobe is new (losing weight is expensive) but this is the greatest achievement I have ever done - far exceeding when I gave up smoking - and I feel so much better for it.

Below I show two pictures, one was me on 31st July last year with my great nephew Ethan - the one on the right is me last Tuesday in the suit I wore in January. I'm sure you can work out which is which :D

Today I sit here in my 34 inch jeans and my medium sized T-shirt writing this knowing that it was one hell of a journey but worth every step.

And if I can do it, anyone can. Good diet, exercise and discipline and this is the dramatic results. No fads such as shakes, powders or restricted diets. Bye bye 8 stone, I won't be seeing you again nor will I miss you.

My Facebook Post on 19:21 - Jul 9 with 5629 viewsHumpty

You fat bastard.

Well done. Good effort.
My Facebook Post on 19:26 - Jul 9 with 5607 viewsgrampajack

Top effort Phil. Well done.
My Facebook Post on 19:28 - Jul 9 with 5599 viewsLoyal

In anyone's language that is a great effort.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

My Facebook Post on 19:31 - Jul 9 with 5583 viewsjack247

Well played
My Facebook Post on 19:33 - Jul 9 with 5573 viewsjack2jack

Fair play, good effort.
My Facebook Post on 19:34 - Jul 9 with 5567 viewsexiledclaseboy

You don't look well. Gaunt.

Poll: Tory leader

My Facebook Post on 19:36 - Jul 9 with 5557 viewsmagicdaps10

Well done Phil.

You need to put a little back on from your first picture mind.

No knock just an observation but big well done on what you have achieved.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

My Facebook Post on 19:36 - Jul 9 with 5540 viewsDarran

The mans a fuçking legend.

My hero. 😍

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

My Facebook Post on 19:44 - Jul 9 with 5529 viewsMeraki

Thats a great effort!

Nice one.
My Facebook Post on 19:49 - Jul 9 with 5498 viewsTheResurrection

You look like Alan Cork, get a good meal inside you quick.

Well done though, Sumbler, it's not bloody easy.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

My Facebook Post on 19:54 - Jul 9 with 5488 viewsHumpty

My Facebook Post on 19:49 - Jul 9 by TheResurrection

You look like Alan Cork, get a good meal inside you quick.

Well done though, Sumbler, it's not bloody easy.

Indeed.

More pies are called for.
My Facebook Post on 19:56 - Jul 9 with 5481 viewsmax936

That's a massive achievement to lose 51kg's in 6 months

I myself was 112.6kg last November when I was weighed at the Lipids clinic at Morriston my cholesterol was 9.2, I'm now 97kg cholesterol is 5.2, but I'm striving to get to 90kg's by my hols at the end of August, weekends is my downfall though, some toast Saturday and sunday mornings white bread [naughty] Saturday curry few beers Sunday dinner with a sweet of course.

Reading what you've written as inspired me to do more, I do train 5 nights a week, but I prefer complex weight circuits and the exercise bike, thought about my old training ground running on the beach at Aberavon gonna have to get it done as running will get the weight off as long has my knees old out.

Its hard going though.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 20:18]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

My Facebook Post on 20:02 - Jul 9 with 5460 viewsfbreath

Well done Phil. I have gone through a similar thing in the last 18 months.

November 2015 doctor wanted me to go on statins. I said give me 6 months.

My diet wasn't too bad I just didn't move no exercise etc.

I started back training 5 times a week mixture of circuits class, weights and treadmill.

Had blood test after the 6 months and cholesterol was down to a safe level. I have maintained the exercise my cholesterol is now 4.7 (I'm 55 years old) I can run 10k in around 52:35.

Unlike previous I am now enjoying the exercise and training. Like Phil I eat what I want in moderation gone from 34" to 30" same as I was in my early twenties. I did look ill at first but face has filled out now.

As Phil says it's a great feeling when you see the change in shape. My excess weight was around the middle. So had to buy new trousers etc.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

My Facebook Post on 20:03 - Jul 9 with 5448 viewsPokerface

Well done. That will probably add 10 years plus to your life also.

Did you have to also cut down / cut out alcohol ?

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

My Facebook Post on 20:04 - Jul 9 with 5444 viewsr0ckin

Eat less, move more.

Peace

My Facebook Post on 20:07 - Jul 9 with 5432 viewsBLAZE

Tremendous effort.
My Facebook Post on 20:24 - Jul 9 with 5376 viewsmonmouth

My Facebook Post on 19:34 - Jul 9 by exiledclaseboy

I showed my missus as a hint (risky), and she said, "he looked better before". 🤣

I'm still stunned that someone could be twice my weight and still actually physically perambulate.

Well done Phil, it will put years on your life.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

My Facebook Post on 20:31 - Jul 9 with 5343 viewslifelong

That's a great effort and a hell of an achievement...well done.
My Facebook Post on 20:59 - Jul 9 with 5278 viewssquarebear

Well done man.

If you don't make be me asking, how much time do you spend walking? 29K a day seems like a lot of time.
My Facebook Post on 21:06 - Jul 9 with 5247 viewsdickythorpe

Well done , possibly you've lost too much but if you feel healthier then great - that's all that matters.
My Facebook Post on 21:06 - Jul 9 with 5235 viewsDarran

My Facebook Post on 19:56 - Jul 9 by max936

That's a massive achievement to lose 51kg's in 6 months

I myself was 112.6kg last November when I was weighed at the Lipids clinic at Morriston my cholesterol was 9.2, I'm now 97kg cholesterol is 5.2, but I'm striving to get to 90kg's by my hols at the end of August, weekends is my downfall though, some toast Saturday and sunday mornings white bread [naughty] Saturday curry few beers Sunday dinner with a sweet of course.

Reading what you've written as inspired me to do more, I do train 5 nights a week, but I prefer complex weight circuits and the exercise bike, thought about my old training ground running on the beach at Aberavon gonna have to get it done as running will get the weight off as long has my knees old out.

Its hard going though.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 20:18]

Cut the ale out and you'd be like Bobby Sands.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

My Facebook Post on 21:08 - Jul 9 with 5241 viewsPokerface

My Facebook Post on 20:59 - Jul 9 by squarebear

Well done man.

If you don't make be me asking, how much time do you spend walking? 29K a day seems like a lot of time.

29,000 steps not 29 kilometres.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

My Facebook Post on 21:11 - Jul 9 with 5224 viewsJack123

Great effort..

libera nos a malo

My Facebook Post on 21:12 - Jul 9 with 5220 viewsMartyrman57

Great effort Phil. Well done YJB 👍
My Facebook Post on 21:28 - Jul 9 with 5165 viewsPhil_S

My Facebook Post on 19:34 - Jul 9 by exiledclaseboy

Thanks mate love you too ;-)

Its a massive change and the change now from walking to running and the stopping of the weight loss will change that part. At just over 200lbs that is about right for me in reality
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024