Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour money forest 21:06 - Jul 9 with 8219 viewsr0ckin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40547740

Insane, seriously.

Peace

Labour money forest on 21:08 - Jul 9 with 4478 viewsdickythorpe

Just ask May, she found a few shillings quite easily for the DUP
Labour money forest on 21:24 - Jul 9 with 4456 viewsJack_Meoff

Just imagine youth was invested in instead of being seen as a business opportunity in becoming laden with a massive amount of interest bearing debt. £570000?!

Particularly as the Tories are selling off the student loan book in tranches.

Anyone who benefited from a free higher education who says this is unaffordable is a massive hypocrite too. It should never have got to this f*cking point, it says as much in the article.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour money forest on 21:38 - Jul 9 with 4434 viewslonglostjack

How much is Trident costing and what did Amazon and Google contribute in taxes last year? How much does a Vice Chancellor earn on average now compared to 10 years ago? If they only managed to reduce student debt by 30% it would be a start. Having said that I think the NHS and social care should still take priority.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 21:46]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Labour money forest on 21:56 - Jul 9 with 4408 viewspikeypaul

Labour money forest on 21:38 - Jul 9 by longlostjack

How much is Trident costing and what did Amazon and Google contribute in taxes last year? How much does a Vice Chancellor earn on average now compared to 10 years ago? If they only managed to reduce student debt by 30% it would be a start. Having said that I think the NHS and social care should still take priority.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2017 21:46]

In Corbyns fantasy world there is no priority everything and everyone will be given billions.

Starting with writing off £100 billion the students owe.

Back in the real world where sensible people realise things need to be paid for we all
know Labour would bankrupt the country like they did the last time.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Labour money forest on 22:09 - Jul 9 with 4385 viewslonglostjack

Labour money forest on 21:56 - Jul 9 by pikeypaul

In Corbyns fantasy world there is no priority everything and everyone will be given billions.

Back in the real world where sensible people realise things need to be paid for we all

Nothing to do with greedy bankers then? To be honest though I'm not sure that I want Corbyn in power just yet. Let the Tories stew in the clusterfck that they've created with Brexit first.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Labour money forest on 22:16 - Jul 9 with 4362 viewsSwans777

Labour couldn't run a bath, let alone the country.
Diane Abbott, can't even count.
Labour money forest on 22:17 - Jul 9 with 4360 viewsKilkennyjack

This is a tap in.

Scrap Trident - save £160 billion.
Scrap Brexit - save £ many billions (15?).

Good luck student types, thanks in advance for paying us all back through your hard work and the taxes you will pay in future.

We are still a society. Just.

Beware of the Risen People

Labour money forest on 22:19 - Jul 9 with 4344 viewsSwans777

Labour money forest on 22:17 - Jul 9 by Kilkennyjack

This is a tap in.

Scrap Trident - save £160 billion.
Scrap Brexit - save £ many billions (15?).

Good luck student types, thanks in advance for paying us all back through your hard work and the taxes you will pay in future.

We are still a society. Just.

Typical looney lefty.
Tell us how you'd scrap Brexit ?.
Login to get fewer ads

Labour money forest on 22:55 - Jul 9 with 4300 viewsKilkennyjack

Labour money forest on 22:19 - Jul 9 by Swans777

Typical looney lefty.
Tell us how you'd scrap Brexit ?.

Well its not going to happen according to the BBC.

I think the Maybot wants to carry on like the recent general election did not happen.
Even with the DUP bribe in place, if just 7 or 8 Tories swap sides then she cant get Brexit through.
People like Crabb, soubrey, ken, others ?

Do you think its a done deal without knowing the content ? really ?

And feck off.

Labour money forest on 23:00 - Jul 9 with 4291 viewsSwans777

Labour money forest on 22:55 - Jul 9 by Kilkennyjack

I think the Maybot wants to carry on like the recent general election did not happen.
Even with the DUP bribe in place, if just 7 or 8 Tories swap sides then she cant get Brexit through.

And feck off.

You said scrap Brexit and I asked how.
All you have is slogans my friend.
Typical looney lefty.
Labour money forest on 23:25 - Jul 9 with 4266 viewsHighjack

Labour money forest on 22:55 - Jul 9 by Kilkennyjack

And feck off.

I see your Crabb, soubry and Ken and give you skinner, Hoey, stringer and many more. Those votes are cancelled out immediately. Don't forget the true left have always been the hardcore euro sceptics and there's still a few left.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Labour money forest on 23:49 - Jul 9 with 4246 viewsburty

I welcome scrapping tuition fees charging thousand of pounds for learning kids for the future with no debt may actually give them money to buy accomadation to live somewhere, unlike the tories. sell anything so they can make money for themselves and give tax breaks for the corporations who hide their money in tax heavens
Labour money forest on 23:49 - Jul 9 with 4244 viewsJack_Meoff

As much as I dislike both Blair and Brown, I'm still curious as to which part of GLOBAL financial crisis people struggle with.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour money forest on 00:07 - Jul 10 with 4237 viewsKilkennyjack

Labour money forest on 23:00 - Jul 9 by Swans777

You said scrap Brexit and I asked how.
All you have is slogans my friend.
Typical looney lefty.

See my post above.

It tells you. Read it,

Labour money forest on 00:15 - Jul 10 with 4232 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour money forest on 23:49 - Jul 9 by Jack_Meoff

As much as I dislike both Blair and Brown, I'm still curious as to which part of GLOBAL financial crisis people struggle with.

Some struggle with it all

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Labour money forest on 00:26 - Jul 10 with 4223 viewsKerouac

Labour money forest on 00:15 - Jul 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

Some struggle with it all

Diane Abbott?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2017 0:26]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Labour money forest on 00:49 - Jul 10 with 4201 viewsyescomeon

Even though my debt would be written off by this I still think it is a weird thing to make such a priority. When I was earning enough to be paying it off I barely noticed it, I've heard a lot of people say the same. Those who can't pay it back don't pay it back, I don't know what happens to the money then, I guess it disappears? What actually happens if this debt was to be written off (because the Tories are talking about it too)? The money just disappears? What effect does it have, naively you would imagine that not much would happen as the money is already spent.

Upthecity!

Labour money forest on 04:39 - Jul 10 with 4165 viewsSwans777

Labour money forest on 00:07 - Jul 10 by Kilkennyjack

See my post above.

It tells you. Read it,

No you haven't my friend.
All you have said is to scrap Brexit, and I think I'll be waiting a long time before you'll be able to explain how you would achieve it.
Labour money forest on 06:43 - Jul 10 with 4143 viewsDr_Winston

Is it really too much to ask people doing a degree to contribute towards the cost of it? Considering they expect to earn significantly more during their working lives as a result of getting one then not for me.

And there's really not a tremendous amount of difference between May spending an extra £1.5bn in NI to keep the DUP happy and remain in power and Corbyn offering billions to students to obtain their votes and get into power.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour money forest on 10:01 - Jul 10 with 4027 viewsBadgeman

Labour money forest on 06:43 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Is it really too much to ask people doing a degree to contribute towards the cost of it? Considering they expect to earn significantly more during their working lives as a result of getting one then not for me.

And there's really not a tremendous amount of difference between May spending an extra £1.5bn in NI to keep the DUP happy and remain in power and Corbyn offering billions to students to obtain their votes and get into power.

Generation that grew up with free education, cheap housing and a proper pensions tells youngsters "there's no magic money tree"

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Labour money forest on 10:36 - Jul 10 with 3993 viewswestwalesed

Labour money forest on 10:01 - Jul 10 by Badgeman

Generation that grew up with free education, cheap housing and a proper pensions tells youngsters "there's no magic money tree"

1) You don't pay anything back until you earn at least £21,000.
2) It's taken straight from your wages.
3) It goes up incredibly slowly as you move up the salary scale.
4) It's written off after 30 or 35 years (can't remember which).
5) You will never have anyone demanding payment.
6) It does not affect in any way your credit rating, so it doesn't affect your long term financial aims.

It's the best loan you will ever, ever, get. I don't even notice it and since the introduction has facilitated more people than ever from lower income backgrounds going to University.

What's not to like?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Labour money forest on 10:56 - Jul 10 with 3968 viewswaynekerr55

Labour money forest on 06:43 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Yes there is, mun. Corbyn is a lovely man who has the UK's best interests at heart...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour money forest on 10:56 - Jul 10 with 3968 viewsLeonWasGod

Labour money forest on 21:24 - Jul 9 by Jack_Meoff

Just imagine youth was invested in instead of being seen as a business opportunity in becoming laden with a massive amount of interest bearing debt. £570000?!

Particularly as the Tories are selling off the student loan book in tranches.

Anyone who benefited from a free higher education who says this is unaffordable is a massive hypocrite too. It should never have got to this f*cking point, it says as much in the article.

Anyone who came out of uni with £570,000 of debt must have had hell of a good time

Agree with your view though. The tories know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Labour money forest on 11:06 - Jul 10 with 3957 viewsBytholWyn

The loan system is a de facto graduate tax - and given the superior career and earning prospects of graduates it makes sense that they should contribute something to their extended education. If we're talking about unfairness, then perhaps the unfairness existed prior to the loan system was introduced. Why should those who haven't been to Uni have to fund the free education of those who end up earning far more than them?

Having said that, I think the current arrangements need looking at. It's strange isn't it that all Unis charge the maximum tuition fee, regardless of the quality and employment prospects of the courses they offer. The current system has created a cash cow for the Unis and they've ended up providing courses of questionable merit - because they are being incentivised to do so.

One reform that needs to take place is that the Unis should have to charge for tuition fees on a sliding scale - depending on a set of objective criteria such as graduate employment record, and ability to pay back loans. This will ensure that the Unis get their act together and provide courses of genuine merit. There will be a reduction in Uni places - but that's not a bad thing if the places lost are for courses only offer a huge debt in return for the student's efforts.
Labour money forest on 11:07 - Jul 10 with 3954 viewswaynekerr55

Labour money forest on 11:06 - Jul 10 by BytholWyn

The loan system is a de facto graduate tax - and given the superior career and earning prospects of graduates it makes sense that they should contribute something to their extended education. If we're talking about unfairness, then perhaps the unfairness existed prior to the loan system was introduced. Why should those who haven't been to Uni have to fund the free education of those who end up earning far more than them?

Having said that, I think the current arrangements need looking at. It's strange isn't it that all Unis charge the maximum tuition fee, regardless of the quality and employment prospects of the courses they offer. The current system has created a cash cow for the Unis and they've ended up providing courses of questionable merit - because they are being incentivised to do so.

One reform that needs to take place is that the Unis should have to charge for tuition fees on a sliding scale - depending on a set of objective criteria such as graduate employment record, and ability to pay back loans. This will ensure that the Unis get their act together and provide courses of genuine merit. There will be a reduction in Uni places - but that's not a bad thing if the places lost are for courses only offer a huge debt in return for the student's efforts.

Bythol - I give you the TEF.

Although no doubt there will be ways around this.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024