Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right Back 15:26 - Jul 12 with 3193 viewsAussieSwan

Just wondering if there's been any right backs linked with us of late?

I've noticed the odd link for centre backs (e.g. Badstuber) and left backs (e.g. Moreno) here and there, but are there any solid links for a Right Back as yet?

The likes of Bacary Sagna are available on a free but wages would be a sticking point in any deal you would think.

Personally I think it's the weakest point of our defence at the moment. Naughton was exposed regularly last year and whilst he improved under Clement, I still don't think he should be our first-choice RB going into 2017/18. Rangel is obviously a loyal servant who'll give his all and a great leader on field, but he is no doubt in decline and should be being transitioned into a coaching role rather than being in the matchday squad every week.

So if anyone, who should we be targeting as an upgrade? Or do people feel Naughton is good enough to stay first choice?

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Right Back on 15:30 - Jul 12 with 3181 viewsTheFranchise

I'm happy enough with that position.
Right Back on 15:36 - Jul 12 with 3163 viewsraynor94

The transfer window must be open, Aussie is posting again, I'm happy enough to start with Naughton after the improvement he showed under Clement

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Right Back on 15:38 - Jul 12 with 3151 viewsLandore_Jack

Right Back on 15:36 - Jul 12 by raynor94

The transfer window must be open, Aussie is posting again, I'm happy enough to start with Naughton after the improvement he showed under Clement

What if Naughton gets injured? (Please don't say Connor Roberts).

#backtojack

Right Back on 15:40 - Jul 12 with 3143 viewsjack247

I'd go along with that, but he needs competition at the very least. Rangel is ok for a few games but I wouldn't want him there long term if Naughton got injured. Don't know much about Roberts, but it would be a big gamble
Right Back on 15:40 - Jul 12 with 3143 viewsHeadmaster

Right Back on 15:38 - Jul 12 by Landore_Jack

Exactly. Look what happened when both Naughts and Rangel were injured - we had Fer at right back! We can't rely on an aging Rangel anymore. We need a starter at Right back and Naughton as second choice.
Right Back on 15:46 - Jul 12 with 3109 viewsAussieSwan

I was expecting you to make a comment.

Right Back on 15:49 - Jul 12 with 3093 viewsLandore_Jack

Naughton has been slated many times on this forum for his performances. He improved at the end of last season, but it is an area which the club must strengthen.

#backtojack

Right Back on 15:49 - Jul 12 with 3091 viewsAussieSwan

Right Back on 15:40 - Jul 12 by Headmaster

Exactly. Look what happened when both Naughts and Rangel were injured - we had Fer at right back! We can't rely on an aging Rangel anymore. We need a starter at Right back and Naughton as second choice.

This. Injury to Naughton would leave us in big trouble unless Clement plans on shifting to a back three. Even then it leaves us precariously placed at RWB

I know we were linked with Gunter from Reading (as we are every window it seems) but he's signed a 3 year deal so that won't be happening. Don't think he would've been a huge upgrade either

Any young guns from the Championship or the Euro 21s that we could maybe have a bid for?

Login to get fewer ads

Right Back on 15:52 - Jul 12 with 3076 viewsraynor94

I'm not saying we don't need a back up, even Rangel can't go on forever, but I'm happy enough for Naughton to start as first choice

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Right Back on 15:53 - Jul 12 with 3066 viewsmagicdaps10

Happy to go with Naughton but i feel we still need another RB to push him. Rangel has been brilliant but getting on.

Rangel will do a job but god forbid if he is needed for a run of games.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Right Back on 17:44 - Jul 12 with 2900 viewsandrew

Although naughts had a few good games towards the end, he isn't a good defender and Rangel is past it. We've needed a rigt back for about 3 years now.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Right Back on 17:49 - Jul 12 with 2875 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Right Back on 15:30 - Jul 12 by TheFranchise

I din't know you played there. boom boom.
Right Back on 17:49 - Jul 12 with 2869 viewspencoedjack

Right Back on 17:44 - Jul 12 by andrew

Although naughts had a few good games towards the end, he isn't a good defender and Rangel is past it. We've needed a rigt back for about 3 years now.

Kyle Naughton is the weakest part of our starting 11

I don't rate him at all amazed we haven't strengthened @ right back
Right Back on 19:42 - Jul 12 with 2736 viewsLoyal

Some wag called him the new Ben Davies last season.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Right Back on 20:03 - Jul 12 with 2689 viewsmax936

Right Back on 15:30 - Jul 12 by TheFranchise

Dai, haven't we learnt anything from last season, its seems like people are happy with the squad and that we just need to tweak it here and there, because Clements can sort the job out, he can't without the tools, a few injuries again like we had last season and we're looking down the barrel again, strength in depth in the key positions we need and I really hope we get them, otherwise it could be panic January again, luckily it worked out well last January, but that's not to say it will next January.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Right Back on 20:37 - Jul 12 with 2605 viewsvetchonian

Right Back on 17:49 - Jul 12 by pencoedjack

Kyle Naughton is the weakest part of our starting 11

I don't rate him at all amazed we haven't strengthened @ right back

Do you actually rate any of our players?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Right Back on 20:50 - Jul 12 with 2572 viewspencoedjack

Right Back on 20:37 - Jul 12 by vetchonian

Do you actually rate any of our players?

With the exception of

Naughton
Barkley
Dyer

Yes
Right Back on 22:32 - Jul 12 with 2428 viewsspiderboy

Paul Reaney,,still looking fit enough,,even at 68
Right Back on 22:34 - Jul 12 with 2421 viewsspiderboy

Right Back on 22:32 - Jul 12 by spiderboy

Paul Reaney,,still looking fit enough,,even at 68

[72]
Right Back on 02:26 - Jul 13 with 2286 viewsNirvana

Right Back on 15:40 - Jul 12 by Headmaster

Completely agree, Headmaster.

I would've said Sébastien Corchia but he's off to Seville, the lucky guy. Stunning city, great football, delicious food, and beautiful women. Enough said.

There's still Capa and Arias, who have been my first-choices all along. We NEED to sign one of them. They're both available for relatively affordable fees, especially since we just got £8m+ for Captain Jack, and we really need a starting RB.

Naughton would be a phenomenal backup, on the left and right, and should've been there all along. But he really shouldn't be a guaranteed starter in the PL, and he's let us down big-time far too much for my taste.

I'm a big fan of Capa, though, and he'd cost less than Arias. Pace, strength, skills, crossing, and versatile workhorse. Capa ticks a lot of boxes, and that's what we should be looking for.

Come on Altman, I know he's got the stats. Let's make it happen.
Right Back on 20:26 - Jul 13 with 2129 viewsBorojack

Right Back on 15:52 - Jul 12 by raynor94

I'm not saying we don't need a back up, even Rangel can't go on forever, but I'm happy enough for Naughton to start as first choice

I think we need an upgrade on Naughton Rangel is well past it now been a good player for us but is no longer a PL player.
Just to slow sorry

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Right Back on 23:03 - Jul 13 with 2001 viewsspiderboy

Right Back on 20:26 - Jul 13 by Borojack

I think we need an upgrade on Naughton Rangel is well past it now been a good player for us but is no longer a PL player.
Just to slow sorry

Reaney was the ultimate RB
quick,could use his left foot competently
attack minded
neat on the ball
always found his player
good man marker
always seemed to be in the right place to knock it off the line,
brilliant RB
Right Back on 23:32 - Jul 13 with 1947 viewsspiderboy

Right Back on 23:03 - Jul 13 by spiderboy

Reaney was the ultimate RB
quick,could use his left foot competently
attack minded
neat on the ball
always found his player
good man marker
always seemed to be in the right place to knock it off the line,
brilliant RB

A good talent spotter also.
Paul told me I was a very decent footballer when I did a coaching session with him at minehead butlins.

I told him he had a good eye for talent,,
So he went and chatted up a female red coat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024