Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m 17:15 - Jul 12 with 8222 viewsTheResurrection

Here it is for all you amateurs of the beautiful game trying to find their way in the game.

Here it is in writing.... Some of you really need to read this article in full. It's pretty much word for word what I've said all along.......

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-gylfi-sigurd

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 18:38 - Jul 12 with 1234 viewsBatterseajack

The article doesn't really take into account the confused style of play from multiple poor managers this season, relegation pressures and deals with the previous season in isolation. He was prolific with assists with Wilfred bony up front.
Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 18:52 - Jul 12 with 1199 viewsjack247

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 17:35 - Jul 12 by Whiterockin

A player is worth what a club is willing to pay. Opinions matter not a jot.

And that's it in a nutshell. I wouldn't have valued him close to £40m. Leicester have offered that and we have turned it down, which suggests both clubs value him that much at least.

If we can get £50m for him, he is worth £50m.

Some good points in the article, but it ignores simple economics.
Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 18:53 - Jul 12 with 1191 viewsSTID2017

Of course he isn't worth £50 million.
Anymore than Ronaldo or Messi is worth £100 million.
They are obscene amounts of money to pay for the services of one player.
However in today's crazy market, he's well worth it and ultimately worth whatever stupid price any other club offers

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:03 - Jul 12 with 1156 viewslegoman

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 18:09 - Jul 12 by SgorioFruit

What he's worth is irrelevant. What other clubs pay for him is relevant.

...is the correct answer. I can rebuild my house for half of what I can sell it for.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:14 - Jul 12 with 1129 viewspencoedjack

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 18:37 - Jul 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Apparently he feels a need for vindication. Resurrection otherwise makes a lot of good football posts, though.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 18:39]

Let's be honest he gets it ..,,,why anybody bothers to respond ( to his Gylfi posts) anymore is beyond me.
Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:20 - Jul 12 with 1112 viewsLoyal

Ted Knutson ( not he's nuts son ) is an opta stats freak, ok it all correlates and he has delved deep in to the stat thing. But stats don't prove leadership on the pitch, creativity on the ball, finding space and showing initiative. There was a time I would have said snap Leicester Citys hands off, now it's the yanks, so I couldn't care about cash coming in at all. We need to keep what we have and add to it to prevent last season dismal showing.

Gylfi is a great footballer, one of the best I have seen Ina Swans shirt, I don't care about cash, I care about Swansea. And we are better with him than without.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:26 - Jul 12 with 1093 viewsjacktar

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 18:08 - Jul 12 by LeonWasGod

Ah, the old 'set pieces don't count' line. Maybe we should tell the league so they can take away the points his set pieces won us last season? No? Thought not.

He's worth whatever anyone is prepared to pay for him. That's the fact.

You took the words out of my mouth.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:29 - Jul 12 with 1079 viewsNeath_Jack

Like a load of starving piranhas .

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:36 - Jul 12 with 1053 viewsmagicdaps10

He is worth what someone is willing to pay. Is Baston worth 15m?

So for the amateurs of the beautiful game who think they know more than most.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:43 - Jul 12 with 1037 viewsjack247

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:36 - Jul 12 by magicdaps10

He is worth what someone is willing to pay. Is Baston worth 15m?

So for the amateurs of the beautiful game who think they know more than most.

No, because nobody will pay £15m for him
Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:45 - Jul 12 with 1029 viewsLoyal

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:26 - Jul 12 by jacktar

You took the words out of my mouth.

It must have been while you were ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:46 - Jul 12 with 1028 viewsDarran

Have Leicester actually made an official £40million bid for Gylfi?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:49 - Jul 12 with 1011 viewsItchySphincter

I read the article earlier and whilst I'm not saying Gylfi is worth 50M it's obvious that the writer is a blithering idiot who seems to think that goals scored from penalties and free kicks are worth less than goals scored from open play?! It wouldn't be at all surprising if that whole piece was commissioned by someone with an interest at Everton.

At the end of the day he's worth what the market can stand to pay for him and that article is pure buIIshit.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:53 - Jul 12 with 999 viewsTheResurrection

Dear god... The meltdown.

Fascinating stuff.

For the record I mean "worth" and that's neither to Swansea, potentially Everton if they buy him and the sheer loss they'd make on the whole deal when trying to get shot of him.

Back to your melee....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:57 - Jul 12 with 986 viewsswancity

He's one of the best in the world from dead ball situations. The rest of his play is decent but no more than that.

But his ability from those dead balls makes him hot property. Games are won and lost directly as a result of what you do from those dangerous positions

It's a bit like saying that Neil Jenkins wasn't a very good outside half. He won games with his penalty kicks or conversions. Or the American footballer who gets brought onto the pitch to maximise use of the kick.

Siggurdson is a master. There are few around with that ability. That makes him an asset and one that's in demand. Is he worth £50m? In today's market he is. He wins games singlehandedly that's why.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:10 - Jul 12 with 953 viewsItchySphincter

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 19:53 - Jul 12 by TheResurrection

Fascinating stuff.

For the record I mean "worth" and that's neither to Swansea, potentially Everton if they buy him and the sheer loss they'd make on the whole deal when trying to get shot of him.

Back to your melee....

I think maybe you need recallibrating here. It seems the general consensus is that the article you've chosen to vailidate your opinion is full of shit. Better luck next time. :)

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:11 - Jul 12 with 953 viewsJack_Kass

Fascinating stuff.

Back to your melee....

Why does any Swansea City fan give a s**t what Everton will lose on the deal?

What is wrong with you?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:14 - Jul 12 with 939 viewsLoyal

Fascinating stuff.

Back to your melee....

I thought some of the points were decent debatable posts.
Nothing melting about them.

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:36 - Jul 12 with 893 viewsmacthejack

Res would honestly rather the club receive less money just so he can be proved 'right'.
Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:37 - Jul 12 with 893 viewsBorojack

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:11 - Jul 12 by Jack_Kass

What is wrong with you?

He can't be a fan what sort of fan would have such hatred for our twice player of the season.
If I didn't know better I would swear he was a scummer if not a very bad WUM.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:38 - Jul 12 with 891 viewsgrabsplatter

Another boring thread on the same subject - don't bite
Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:47 - Jul 12 with 859 viewsvetchonian

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:10 - Jul 12 by ItchySphincter

I think maybe you need recallibrating here. It seems the general consensus is that the article you've chosen to vailidate your opinion is full of shit. Better luck next time. :)

Just like the op

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:47 - Jul 12 with 856 viewslonglostjack

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:11 - Jul 12 by Jack_Kass

What is wrong with you?

Baffling

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 20:54 - Jul 12 with 835 viewsjack2jack

It's all in the first line of the article Res,overinflated prices is the word he uses which is correct,the Premier League has gone mad, but if clubs are prepared to pay silly prices,and the player wants to leave,everyone's a winner.Thats the end to it really,stats, numbers are meaningless,if a club persues a player,because they can see his worth in their team,that's an end to it,so they have to pay a premium,let's not forget,whatever the stats say Siggy I'm afraid to say has been one of if not our best players in recent seasons........if only for scoring at the right time or making a crucial assist.
Siggy NOT worth anything like £50m on 21:10 - Jul 12 with 796 viewsSwans777

Ridiculous thread. Why don't we just let him leave on a free transfer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024