Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The film "Moneyball" 21:35 - Jul 12 with 743 viewsdickythorpe

Is it worth a watch?
The film "Moneyball" on 21:41 - Jul 12 with 736 viewscsf

I'm going to go with yes. I enjoy it. Decent film. Gives a bit of an insight in to the system/philosophy. Not sure how accurate it is.
The film "Moneyball" on 21:52 - Jul 12 with 711 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The film "Moneyball" on 21:41 - Jul 12 by csf

I'm going to go with yes. I enjoy it. Decent film. Gives a bit of an insight in to the system/philosophy. Not sure how accurate it is.

Great film. Fairly accurate, except Jonah Hill's character is fictional.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The film "Moneyball" on 21:58 - Jul 12 with 699 viewsstAteSwan

The film "Moneyball" on 21:41 - Jul 12 by csf

It's decent in terms of accuracy for Hollywood. The movie never really does a great job of portraying how that team was built though. While its true the Athletics had been terrible for a number of years before the 2002 team, the team wasn't just magically built in the span of an offseason.

The reality is the Athletics had been spending years signing young players and developing them within the organization. By the time the 2002 season came about, several of those young players were entering the prime of their careers. If you can understand baseball terms, you'll be able to get a good idea of how analytics can work in building a squad, but I wish the film hadn't glossed over the fact that the team was really put together by development of young players.

Then, as the movie shows, all the stars signed with richer teams after the season ended, and the Athletics haven't been that good since.
The film "Moneyball" on 22:00 - Jul 12 with 693 viewsstAteSwan

The film "Moneyball" on 21:52 - Jul 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Great film. Fairly accurate, except Jonah Hill's character is fictional.

The character is fictional, but the person he portrays is real. He's supposed to play the role of Paul DePodesta, whose only common trait with the character in the movie is an Ivy League Education.
The film "Moneyball" on 22:06 - Jul 12 with 679 viewsmacthejack

A lot of the baseball talk went over my head but I did enjoy it.
The film "Moneyball" on 22:20 - Jul 12 with 656 viewsyescomeon

Really really good film, a 100% recommend frome, one ofy favorites. They made baseball interesting which is a feat in itself

Upthecity!

The film "Moneyball" on 22:48 - Jul 12 with 631 viewssherpajacob

The book is worth a read and the film is a good adaption.

The book "why England lose" is the soccer equivalent.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024