Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi not going on US tour 10:15 - Jul 13 with 32300 viewspencoedjack

Should make a few posters happy
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:38 - Jul 13 with 2812 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If he wants a transfer let him put it in writing.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:38 - Jul 13 with 2809 viewsSwansea93

BREAKING: @SwansOfficial reject £40m bid from @Everton for Sigurdsson - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:39 - Jul 13 with 2800 viewsGriffting

Told the club 45 minutes before they left the hotel he wasn't going apparently.

Pretty f'in sick of this sharade now. We'll settle for 45 + 5 add ons I think, and he can royally do one for that price.

Would investigate a bit of tapping up as well.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:40 - Jul 13 with 2793 viewsWarwickHunt

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:41 - Jul 13 with 2786 viewsLegend83

Wish I could be paid £50k a week and basically tell my boss I can't be arsed to go to work today.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:41 - Jul 13 with 2784 viewsmax936

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:27 - Jul 13 by jack247

Probably, which is still a fantastic price when you think what Clement could do with it. I've been impressed with the way the Americans have handled this, if he is refusing to go on tour, there isn't a lot they can do aside from get the best deal possible. If he does go for that kind of money, what they do with it is the acid test.

Not in the right frame of mind be fuked, he's fuking paid 70k or somin a week signed a new contract last year and he's not in the right frame of mind ffs doc is fuking wages, the big girls blouse. Fuking footballers be fuked and us lot pander to them, makes me fuking spew the lot of them.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:42 - Jul 13 with 2777 viewsjack247

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:38 - Jul 13 by Swansea93

BREAKING: @SwansOfficial reject £40m bid from @Everton for Sigurdsson - Sky sources. #SSNHQ

That's just going to be haggling over the details now though surely?
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:48 - Jul 13 with 2691 viewsLeonWasGod

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:32 - Jul 13 by Badgeman

"Let the Siggy hate begin!!!!"

Yeah lets all rip into the player who carried us on his back for virtually all of last season. You need to see a doctor pal.

Sadly, there will be a whole bunch of vitriol against him now. It's what some of our fans seem to do when a successful player of manager leaves. Jilted lover syndrome.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:54 - Jul 13 with 2652 viewsLegend83

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:48 - Jul 13 by LeonWasGod

Sadly, there will be a whole bunch of vitriol against him now. It's what some of our fans seem to do when a successful player of manager leaves. Jilted lover syndrome.

To be fair, he's not doing himself any favours. 3 years left on his contract yet he appears to be forcing the club's hand.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:56 - Jul 13 with 2630 views34dfgdf54

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:38 - Jul 13 by Swansea93

Problem is now, we have gone from holding all the cards, to very little.

We have made public he wants out pretty much. I know how it works, his agent has already talked to Everton I expect. But we can either accept the £40mill bid, or they can cool off and we have our biggest earner, sitting around back home unhappy.

Rightly so we aren't allowing ourselves to get bullied in the market, but you'd expect us to be getting the terms sorted for this £40million, mostly up front I hope, and working on replacements ASAP. Attacking Midfielder and mobile striker is an absolute must now, even more so than before.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:56 - Jul 13 with 2628 viewsElward

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:42 - Jul 13 by jack247

That's just going to be haggling over the details now though surely?

Despite the fact he is a good player, he ain't half a pompous tw@t
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:59 - Jul 13 with 2600 viewsmax936

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:54 - Jul 13 by Legend83

To be fair, he's not doing himself any favours. 3 years left on his contract yet he appears to be forcing the club's hand.

Exactly, throwing his toys out of the of the pram cause he can't get his way, nobody's saying that he hasn't be great for us, but he could at least show some respect.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 15:05]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:04 - Jul 13 with 2550 viewsElward

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:59 - Jul 13 by max936

Exactly, throwing his toys out of the of the pram cause he can't get his way, nobody's saying that he hasn't be great for us, but he could at least show some respect.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 15:05]

Just shows the type of person he is. You only have to look at his body language in matches to see that. Great player, but throws a tantrum if things dont do his way.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:07 - Jul 13 with 2517 viewsAnotherJohn

Very disappointing. Gylfi has weakened our bargaining position and made it very difficult to extract the £50m. Personally I would still play hardball and if necessary hold him to his contract. Our problem is that an unfortunate pattern is developing where any player who does well gets a move. If we cannot break that cycle our days in the EPL are numbered. Those who suggest that there is a hint of 'tapping up' in this case could be right.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:08 - Jul 13 with 2498 viewsLeonWasGod

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:04 - Jul 13 by Elward

Just shows the type of person he is. You only have to look at his body language in matches to see that. Great player, but throws a tantrum if things dont do his way.

He doesn't throw tantrums at all. Sure he gets frustrated, but that never stops him getting his head down and putting in a shift - http://www.squawka.com/news/swanseas-gylfi-sigurdsson-has-covered-the-most-dista

PC has continually praised his attitude on and off the pitch too.

The tide's turned already - knew it wouldn't take long. But if Ash and Monk can get loads of sh*t after the amount of time they spent here and all they did for us, then anyone can.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:13 - Jul 13 with 2452 viewsJackSomething

This doesn't necessarily weaken our position. Yet again we need to follow Southampton's example when it comes to selling players. The likes of Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lovren and Shaw have all made it clear they wanted to leave, but it didn't stop Southampton demanding top dollar for them. Look at Van Dijk this summer for another example of handling a player who wants out.

The only danger of dragging our feet is time to get a replacement in when we do inevitably sell. That's where the club and Clement will have to get creative.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:13 - Jul 13 with 2450 viewsgazza_1234

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:07 - Jul 13 by AnotherJohn

Very disappointing. Gylfi has weakened our bargaining position and made it very difficult to extract the £50m. Personally I would still play hardball and if necessary hold him to his contract. Our problem is that an unfortunate pattern is developing where any player who does well gets a move. If we cannot break that cycle our days in the EPL are numbered. Those who suggest that there is a hint of 'tapping up' in this case could be right.

Always will happen. We are small fry same as Southampton etc. Buy low sell high. As long as its reinvested correctly the squad will be stronger at the end of the transfer window.

In PC we trust...
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:15 - Jul 13 with 2435 viewswaynekerr55

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:36 - Jul 13 by WarwickHunt

Because we still have some rank fûcking amateurs stealing a living at our club.

A £100m business? Fûck my eyes.

15 years experience mun. Seriously though it's a fûcking pîss take

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:16 - Jul 13 with 2415 viewsLandore_Jack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:13 - Jul 13 by gazza_1234

Always will happen. We are small fry same as Southampton etc. Buy low sell high. As long as its reinvested correctly the squad will be stronger at the end of the transfer window.

In PC we trust...

That's the problem though. The replacements bought over a number of seasons have not been good enough. It caught up with us last season. No more bargain basement players.

#backtojack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:16 - Jul 13 with 2410 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:04 - Jul 13 by Elward

Are you confusing him with Ash? Gylfi gets frustrated when things go wrong, but never stops trying.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:17 - Jul 13 with 2391 viewsAnotherJohn

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:13 - Jul 13 by gazza_1234

In PC we trust...

Like last season? And perhaps even the one before? This cycle is going to catch up with us soon. I notice that one or two of the blog sites are tipping us for the drop. The problem is that as we sell our best players to rivals they get stronger. The four points we took off Everton saved us last season. How many do you reckon we'll take off them in 2017-18?
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:17 - Jul 13 with 2387 viewsjack247

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:07 - Jul 13 by AnotherJohn

There is tapping up in most cases. Liverpool do it to Southampton every pre season. I'm pretty sure we're not immune to it ourselves.

This sort of thing isn't going to end our PL days, it happens to our peers too (provided they have players the bigger clubs badly want). The key thing is getting the best possible fee and investing it well.

If anything, the PL is more likely to become a closed shop with the same 8-10 teams getting promoted and relegated and the odd one slipping through the net.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:19 - Jul 13 with 2355 viewsDarran

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:41 - Jul 13 by max936

Not in the right frame of mind be fuked, he's fuking paid 70k or somin a week signed a new contract last year and he's not in the right frame of mind ffs doc is fuking wages, the big girls blouse. Fuking footballers be fuked and us lot pander to them, makes me fuking spew the lot of them.

Well said Max.

We also need to tell straight that no bid will be accepted untill he puts in a transfer request that forfeits his bonuses.

Never mind perhaps he'll score a screamer of a free kick for them at the Liberty next season so all the loved up wánkers that follow us can give him a clap.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:21 - Jul 13 with 2349 viewsjack247

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:17 - Jul 13 by AnotherJohn

Like last season? And perhaps even the one before? This cycle is going to catch up with us soon. I notice that one or two of the blog sites are tipping us for the drop. The problem is that as we sell our best players to rivals they get stronger. The four points we took off Everton saved us last season. How many do you reckon we'll take off them in 2017-18?

We don't sell our best players to rivals though. Everton are very unlikely to finish below us and if they do, neither will be relegated.

If we were being bullied by Burnley, West Brom and Huddersfield, then I'd be worried.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:21 - Jul 13 with 2349 viewsDyfnant

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:54 - Jul 13 by Legend83

Forcing lol. The club will & should be chuffed with a guaranteed £40M and add ons.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024