Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi not going on US tour 10:15 - Jul 13 with 32107 viewspencoedjack

Should make a few posters happy
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:03 - Jul 14 with 2693 viewsmajorraglan

Gylfi not going on US tour on 08:59 - Jul 14 by LeonWasGod

Contract are simply a mechanism to allow clubs to charge more. If he hadn't signed s new deal we'd be getting less. It's no big deal and it happens all the time at all clubs. It's worse imo when players deliberately run down contracts so they can go on a free and then pocket a big signing on fee, but leaving the club with nothing.

Absolutely, signing the new contract probably earned him a pay rise, a potential lump sum payment and the club the chance to pick up a bigger transfer fee. I believe that Wilfried Bony and the much maligned Brendon Rogers also penned new contracts a short while before leaving, these meant bigger transfer fees for the club.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:18 - Jul 14 with 2645 viewsHeadmaster

The Americans speak.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-owners-w
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:22 - Jul 14 with 2634 viewsSwan91

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:18 - Jul 14 by Headmaster

The Americans speak.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-citys-owners-w

I like the Americans a little more after this.. Since January till now.. more and more I am liking them and think they will make the club better than the previous board.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:31 - Jul 14 with 2602 viewsLandore_Jack

Well done to the Americans for sticking to their guns. It's an absolute disgrace that clubs think they can talk to players without the parent's club consent. I hope the Swans report Everton to the PL. We saw a similar situation with Van Dijk and Liverpool.

#backtojack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:53 - Jul 14 with 2528 viewsFerryjack123

Why don't we just report them like Southampton did forget about warning them, it's obviously happened and is probably continuing to happen behind everyone's backs, report them now fu@k em
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:00 - Jul 14 with 2495 viewsRobert

Before he signed a new deal last year he was told that they wanted to sell him after one year if an offer over 30 would come in from one of the top clubs. If Gylfi would be interested the Americans would not stand in his way. By signing the new deal it would help Swansea get over 30 for him and Gylfi agreed. Everton have now tabled an offer of 40 and the Americans are not sticking to their words to Gylfi.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:06 - Jul 14 with 2453 viewsjack247

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:22 - Jul 14 by Swan91

I like the Americans a little more after this.. Since January till now.. more and more I am liking them and think they will make the club better than the previous board.

Have to admit they have gone up in my estimation too. It's not 'our' club anymore and that will always rankle regardless of on field success. That's not their fault though. They screwed up last season so badly it was almost comedic, I thought all the promises of learning from their mistakes were empty words. It seems I was wrong.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:10 - Jul 14 with 2449 viewsjojaca

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:00 - Jul 14 by Robert

Before he signed a new deal last year he was told that they wanted to sell him after one year if an offer over 30 would come in from one of the top clubs. If Gylfi would be interested the Americans would not stand in his way. By signing the new deal it would help Swansea get over 30 for him and Gylfi agreed. Everton have now tabled an offer of 40 and the Americans are not sticking to their words to Gylfi.

Were you a fly on the wall when they were negotiating his new contract.

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:21 - Jul 14 with 2392 viewsjack247

Everton are not one of the top clubs
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:46 - Jul 14 with 2292 viewsmonmouth

Crackanory

Siggo said he was happy at Swansea and not looking to leave a few short weeks ago. Siggo not sticking to his words to everybody.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:52 - Jul 14 with 2249 viewsJack_Kass

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:46 - Jul 14 by monmouth

Crackanory

Siggo said he was happy at Swansea and not looking to leave a few short weeks ago. Siggo not sticking to his words to everybody.

Well what did you want him to say?

'im just waiting for the offer to come in and im offski, but I'm happy to stick around until then'

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:53 - Jul 14 with 2237 viewsRobert

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:46 - Jul 14 by monmouth

Crackanory

He was happy and wasn't looking for a move. But the Americans want to cash in. They will probably then take most of the money and only buy players for 10.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:55 - Jul 14 with 2224 viewsTheFranchise

Gylfi not going on US tour on 10:18 - Jul 14 by Headmaster

The Americans speak.

That's great to read.

HJ has definitely been found out.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:55 - Jul 14 with 2224 viewsmonmouth

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:52 - Jul 14 by Jack_Kass

Well what did you want him to say?

'im just waiting for the offer to come in and im offski, but I'm happy to stick around until then'

Not at all. I'm pointing out that sauce for the goose and all that. He could have said nothing rather than bare faced lies.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:58 - Jul 14 with 2215 viewsmonmouth

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:53 - Jul 14 by Robert

He was happy and wasn't looking for a move. But the Americans want to cash in. They will probably then take most of the money and only buy players for 10.

Which is totally contradicting what you said in the first place. Why then is he unhappy that the Americans won't sell him?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:10 - Jul 14 with 2156 viewsMo_Wives

Ow, Fredo, don't ever take sides against the 'family club' again

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:11 - Jul 14 with 2148 viewsmajorraglan

There are lots of conflicting reports and I am sure people will be pushing their own agendas, but IF and it's a big IF this is true, maybe GS will just sit it out and try and force a move through. A late deal is no good to the club as they need to get his replacement/s signed up asap so they have a preseason with the rest of the team.
A decision needs to be made asap as to whether he goes or he stays. A long drawn out saga is no good to anyone. If his heads been turned and he wants out, then I would move him on, but Everton have to pay the going rate.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 12:18]
Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:21 - Jul 14 with 2095 viewsraynor94

Does it give you a warm glow, to make out you are in the know, these "Americans" are making sure Everton are not going to ride roughshod over us, like other clubs have done in the past

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:23 - Jul 14 with 2076 viewsjack247

In all honesty, I'm not very ITK at all, but everything I've heard from people who are contradicts that completely. From what I've heard they don't want to sell him at all. They aren't too keen on keeping an unhappy player either, but insist that if he does go, they will wring every last penny out of the buying club.

Could all be rubbish, but I've heard the same thing from 2 people who normally get it right and 1 who is a bit hit and miss
Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:34 - Jul 14 with 2019 viewsNeath_Jack

I haven't heard anything from any reliable people.

I feel like i'm missing out

We are lucky that we have so many posters with reliable people though, we'd never know anything otherwise.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:59 - Jul 14 with 1920 viewsfbreath

Does anyone know if Gylfi has had the mental strength to get to the training ground or is his head so messed up he can't leave the house?

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Gylfi not going on US tour on 13:05 - Jul 14 with 1877 viewsshandyjack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:59 - Jul 14 by fbreath

Does anyone know if Gylfi has had the mental strength to get to the training ground or is his head so messed up he can't leave the house?

bless him, lets hope he didn't put vodka on his weetabix this morning

Poll: Expectation for the season

Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:24 - Jul 14 with 1672 viewsMarinaJack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:23 - Jul 14 by jack247

In all honesty, I'm not very ITK at all, but everything I've heard from people who are contradicts that completely. From what I've heard they don't want to sell him at all. They aren't too keen on keeping an unhappy player either, but insist that if he does go, they will wring every last penny out of the buying club.

Could all be rubbish, but I've heard the same thing from 2 people who normally get it right and 1 who is a bit hit and miss

he's going brother just need to get the most money we can or better still money and a player. everton have a few that could do a job for us as do spurs
Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:53 - Jul 14 with 1612 viewsRobert

They told him that they want to sell him. First for 30 (last year) and now they want 50. Not good to play for owners that want to sell you and cash in.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:55 - Jul 14 with 1600 viewsshandyjack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 14:53 - Jul 14 by Robert

They told him that they want to sell him. First for 30 (last year) and now they want 50. Not good to play for owners that want to sell you and cash in.

as if thats ever happened

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024