Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy replacement(s) 10:34 - Jul 13 with 18566 viewsLeonWasGod

Ok then, as it looks certainly he's off how do we adjust or who can we bring in:

- to give us around 10-15 assists a season
- to score about 8-10 goals a season
- with a wand of a foot for set pieces
- to do the dirty work running their b0ll0x off to closing down across the front line

I'm struggling.
Siggy replacement(s) on 10:38 - Jul 13 with 6781 viewsjack247

I doubt we will try to replace him like for like. A quicker #10 and a midfield enforcer who can pass the ball a bit would be my guess. Not suggesting Nasri, but someone in that mound with a stronger midfield behind him would work for me.
Siggy replacement(s) on 10:41 - Jul 13 with 6746 viewsmagicdaps10

Ryad Boubabouz has to be high on the agenda.

Think we need to get 2/3 auality ayers in with the money being mentioned for Siggy. I would like Boudabouz and wouldnt say no to Jens Toonstra.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:45 - Jul 13 with 6712 viewsLandore_Jack

Hakim Ziyech.

#backtojack

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:47 - Jul 13 with 6701 viewsSWANSEYE

Not a matter of if now but when £40m turned down from Everton but he's not now going on Tour apparently . . . Think the Club is just waiting for Everton to fine tune the price with add ons and it's goodbye Gylfi and thanks for the memories. Let's hope the Club get a move on and use the money well to get a suitable replacement(s) into the team.
Siggy replacement(s) on 10:48 - Jul 13 with 6684 viewsE20Jack

We wont need to replace him with someone who scores 8-10 and assists 10-15.

By selling him we allow a change of style. A style that doesnt just go through him and his delivery. The goals will be spread out more.

So while his replacement may only get 5 goals and 5 assists for arguments sake. The likes of Ayew should be allowed more of the ball and to affect the game more, so will get 5 goals and 5 assists more than normal for example. This should be seen in all our remaining attacking players.

As long as we have an able replacement (the one above is a good shout) then we will have done good business.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:48 - Jul 13 with 6676 views34dfgdf54

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:45 - Jul 13 by Landore_Jack

Hakim Ziyech.

Struggled at Ajax hasn't he? Could be wrong.
Siggy replacement(s) on 10:52 - Jul 13 with 6616 viewsSwansNZ

Is Emnes still available?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:54 - Jul 13 with 6581 viewsSwansea93

Chadli would be decent.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:56 - Jul 13 with 6550 viewsLeonWasGod

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:38 - Jul 13 by jack247

I doubt we will try to replace him like for like. A quicker #10 and a midfield enforcer who can pass the ball a bit would be my guess. Not suggesting Nasri, but someone in that mound with a stronger midfield behind him would work for me.

That's what I'm assuming. A more traditional no. 10 who can take players on, but also with an eye for goal. We'll need to do something about the set pieces though, as we're noticeably poorer when Siggy's not on them. Not sure where that's coming from.

It's not going to be easy - not being able to replace Ash and Ayew nearly cost us last year.
Siggy replacement(s) on 10:57 - Jul 13 with 6548 viewsjack247

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:52 - Jul 13 by SwansNZ

Is Emnes still available?

The biggest positive from this (at least judging by the fact we beat Atletico Madrid to Mesa and as of yet are rejecting £40m for Siggy) is that Jenkins doesn't appear to have such a handle over transfers anymore.

I'd actually be excited to see who Clement brought in if he was given a decent chunk of this fee.
Siggy replacement(s) on 10:58 - Jul 13 with 6534 viewsLegend83

Shaqiri.
Siggy replacement(s) on 10:59 - Jul 13 with 6517 viewsLeonWasGod

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:48 - Jul 13 by E20Jack

We wont need to replace him with someone who scores 8-10 and assists 10-15.

By selling him we allow a change of style. A style that doesnt just go through him and his delivery. The goals will be spread out more.

So while his replacement may only get 5 goals and 5 assists for arguments sake. The likes of Ayew should be allowed more of the ball and to affect the game more, so will get 5 goals and 5 assists more than normal for example. This should be seen in all our remaining attacking players.

As long as we have an able replacement (the one above is a good shout) then we will have done good business.

I wouldn't just assume that the goals would be spread out more, not with the likes of Routledge, Dyer and Motero still in the reckoning. They're not going to start scoring just because Siggy goes.

Ayew doesn't fill me with confidence either, but I suppose we'll see...
Siggy replacement(s) on 11:00 - Jul 13 with 6499 viewsmagicdaps10

Ziyech would be a good shout but after a god season at Ajax, they will be looking for 20m.

I forgot on Chadli, can see that happening now.

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:03 - Jul 13 with 6467 viewsjack247

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:56 - Jul 13 by LeonWasGod

That's what I'm assuming. A more traditional no. 10 who can take players on, but also with an eye for goal. We'll need to do something about the set pieces though, as we're noticeably poorer when Siggy's not on them. Not sure where that's coming from.

It's not going to be easy - not being able to replace Ash and Ayew nearly cost us last year.

The holy grail is that we start playing more football (not that we didn't have our moments last season, but playing like we did under Martinez/Rodgers/Laudrup) and become less reliant on set pieces.

In theory, it sounds great. Probably a lot easier said than done though.
Siggy replacement(s) on 11:09 - Jul 13 with 6387 viewsDyfnant

It'll be Fer

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:10 - Jul 13 with 6375 viewsSwansNZ

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:09 - Jul 13 by Dyfnant

It'll be Fer

Or Grimes... like a new signing.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:16 - Jul 13 with 6329 viewsgazza_1234

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:10 - Jul 13 by SwansNZ

Or Grimes... like a new signing.

Jota, Pritchard + a marquee signing...
Siggy replacement(s) on 11:22 - Jul 13 with 6288 viewsAnotherJohn

The OP asks some good questions. I think it is going to be very difficult, even with (say) £50m to spend. Our squad has very little depth and I wouldn't be surprised to see Llorente leaving too. We must hope that Clement gambles well, but our future does depend on just that - when you don't have the money to buy proven EPL quality and sell your best players you are gambling. Will there be three worse teams again?
Siggy replacement(s) on 11:25 - Jul 13 with 6257 viewsJesusJack

Kerem Demirbay at Hoffenheim. Scores and assists, takes set pieces and shouldn't be too expensive. The only sticking point would be if he'd be willing to give up potential Champions League Football.

Also, have to keep him away from Sian Massey >_>

Poll: What was your expectation for this season?

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:30 - Jul 13 with 6203 viewsE20Jack

Siggy replacement(s) on 10:59 - Jul 13 by LeonWasGod

I wouldn't just assume that the goals would be spread out more, not with the likes of Routledge, Dyer and Motero still in the reckoning. They're not going to start scoring just because Siggy goes.

Ayew doesn't fill me with confidence either, but I suppose we'll see...

I would be fairly confident this will be the case. We adopted a style of play last season where we played for corners and free kicks or lump in in the box to Llorente. With a more mobile attacking midfielder we should be more expansive in style. More chances will undoubtedly fall to the likes of Ayew who was a major oart in why we stayed up last season. He was man of the match more times than he wasnt in my eyes, a real headache for the defenders.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:34 - Jul 13 with 6146 viewspencoedjack

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:25 - Jul 13 by JesusJack

Kerem Demirbay at Hoffenheim. Scores and assists, takes set pieces and shouldn't be too expensive. The only sticking point would be if he'd be willing to give up potential Champions League Football.

Also, have to keep him away from Sian Massey >_>

Clubs will know if we have around 40 million to spend

Expect us to have to pay inflated prices similar to Everton having to pay for Gylfi ...

Vicious circle
Siggy replacement(s) on 11:36 - Jul 13 with 6127 viewsgrfn

Zielinski would be my dream signing, but he would never change Napoli for us
Siggy replacement(s) on 11:37 - Jul 13 with 6117 viewslondonlisa2001

People are seriously losing the plot.

I like Siggy - he was our best player last season in terms of goals created and scored.

I am not one of the 'sell him' camp at all.

But anything over £40m for him is absolute genius. If it starts getting to £50m it's insane.

14 teams finished above us last season, none of which had Siggy. People are beginning to talk as though he's Messi (and the Everton fans are even worse - they should be fuming at spending that on him, not because they don't have the money, but because of what they could buy that's so much better for so much less).

It was reported last night that Everton thought they had him. I imagine that was the £40m bid. Siggy says he won't go on tour, thinking it forces our hand to accept. We then turn the bid down and call the bluff of both Siggy and Everton which is frankly a ballsy call. Let's see what happens. But if we get say £45m for him, if we can't improve the team for that, including his loss, we have zero clue.
Siggy replacement(s) on 11:37 - Jul 13 with 6111 viewsSwansea93

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:36 - Jul 13 by grfn

Zielinski would be my dream signing, but he would never change Napoli for us

Fernandez did.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Siggy replacement(s) on 11:38 - Jul 13 with 6096 viewsmagicdaps10

Replacing the goals and assists is something we need to look st, this is why we need to look at two replacements as such.
A player to play in the hole who has goals in him, a work rate to fit in centrally.......Toonstra.
A winger who has pace and goals in him....Boudabouz.

Both players capable of pushing double figures in goals and assists. I believe that with the attacking presence of Olsson down the left, this would allow a more creative player like Boudabouz to drift in field a little more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024