Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jese 12:05 - Jul 13 with 1582 viewsSwansea93

Seen someone mention him in another thread, anything think he'd be a good signing? Didn't he work with Paul Clement at Madrid and he played with Mesa at Las P last season.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Jese on 12:11 - Jul 13 with 1535 viewsLeonWasGod

Don't know much about him, but after seeing it on the other thread I had a quick look at wiki - doesn't read well (yes I know that's not necessarily a good guide!).
Jese on 12:15 - Jul 13 with 1503 viewsSwansea93

Maybe Clement could get him going, he's still young and I suppose he'd be cheap now.

Jese on 12:16 - Jul 13 with 1502 viewsLegend83

Jese on 12:11 - Jul 13 by LeonWasGod

Don't know much about him, but after seeing it on the other thread I had a quick look at wiki - doesn't read well (yes I know that's not necessarily a good guide!).

Doesn't it?

"In 2013, in his role as the club's sporting director at the time, Zinedine Zidane declared himself an admirer of Jesé's direct style of football and goal scoring ability.[85] Following Jesé's promotion to Real Madrid's first team in 2013, manager Carlo Ancelotti played him in a winger position, often cutting inside from the wing both with the ball and without, to create chances and score goals.[86]

His progression with the senior side often saw him compared to teammate Cristiano Ronaldo due to the similarities in their style as well as Jesé's technicality, close control, pace and dribbling abilities."
Jese on 12:32 - Jul 13 with 1435 viewsLeonWasGod

Jese on 12:16 - Jul 13 by Legend83

Doesn't it?

"In 2013, in his role as the club's sporting director at the time, Zinedine Zidane declared himself an admirer of Jesé's direct style of football and goal scoring ability.[85] Following Jesé's promotion to Real Madrid's first team in 2013, manager Carlo Ancelotti played him in a winger position, often cutting inside from the wing both with the ball and without, to create chances and score goals.[86]

His progression with the senior side often saw him compared to teammate Cristiano Ronaldo due to the similarities in their style as well as Jesé's technicality, close control, pace and dribbling abilities."

It was his progress in the last 3 years that rings alarm bells - the bit about "injury and decline" and LP not being interested after the loan last year because of "poor overall performance, high salary demands and off-field behaviour". Sounds like a classic case of a player not living up to potential through a mixture of injury and ?attitude.

But who knows, that's just an opinion on wiki. If we were to go for him because PC thinks he can get the best out of him, then why not? He certainly had potential - may be able to get back. Should be relatively cheap as he'd had a few poor seasons.
Jese on 12:41 - Jul 13 with 1366 viewsSwansea93

Jese on 12:32 - Jul 13 by LeonWasGod

It was his progress in the last 3 years that rings alarm bells - the bit about "injury and decline" and LP not being interested after the loan last year because of "poor overall performance, high salary demands and off-field behaviour". Sounds like a classic case of a player not living up to potential through a mixture of injury and ?attitude.

But who knows, that's just an opinion on wiki. If we were to go for him because PC thinks he can get the best out of him, then why not? He certainly had potential - may be able to get back. Should be relatively cheap as he'd had a few poor seasons.

Plus we like signing players with a point to prove.

Jese on 12:46 - Jul 13 with 1323 viewsLeonWasGod

Jese on 12:41 - Jul 13 by Swansea93

Plus we like signing players with a point to prove.

I've got nothing against him (don't know him), just looked like he's had a tough spell - but it's no big issue.

I agree he's in the sort of pool of player we need to be looking at - someone who's dropped off the radar a bit, but as you say has a point to prove (as long as they've the desire to put the work in to get back). We can't afford proven top quality, so it's got to be someone who's on a free or has dropped off the radar a bit ,or a rising talent but still cheap like Mawson.
Jese on 12:56 - Jul 13 with 1276 viewsDaggyjack

Fiorentina are looking to sign Jese but are struggling with his wage demands.

Not sure if we can pay more than Fiorentina, I'd guess that we can.
Jese on 19:12 - Jul 13 with 918 viewshobo

Would be cheap in terms of transfer fee. PSG signed him for 20 odd million, but they'd probably be happy to offload him for half that figure. We can easily offer more in terms of wage than Las Palmas and Fiorentina, so if PC believes he could unlock his potential then it could work out a genius signing
Login to get fewer ads

Jese on 19:37 - Jul 13 with 829 viewsEasternJack

Jese on 12:46 - Jul 13 by LeonWasGod

I've got nothing against him (don't know him), just looked like he's had a tough spell - but it's no big issue.

I agree he's in the sort of pool of player we need to be looking at - someone who's dropped off the radar a bit, but as you say has a point to prove (as long as they've the desire to put the work in to get back). We can't afford proven top quality, so it's got to be someone who's on a free or has dropped off the radar a bit ,or a rising talent but still cheap like Mawson.

Or mentally unstable with a penchant for kicking billboards...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Jese on 19:57 - Jul 13 with 721 viewsjack247

Jese on 12:56 - Jul 13 by Daggyjack

Fiorentina are looking to sign Jese but are struggling with his wage demands.

Not sure if we can pay more than Fiorentina, I'd guess that we can.

I'd be surprised if we didn't already have players on wages Fiorentina couldn't afford.

Not to say we would meet Jese's demands or we should sign him. We are one of the poor relations in the Premier League. Outside of that, we can financially outmuscle most clubs, even traditionally big ones.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024