Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving 20:05 - Jul 13 with 2719 viewsDavillin

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving -- "F*ck him" -- but now I'm beginning to think that all this time I have misunderstood him.

His reaction has been struggling to get to the surface of my consciousness, more strenuously as we get closer to Mister G. Sigurdsson's departure (if it happens).

And I'm not happy with me for it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 09:17 - Jul 14 with 510 viewsLeonWasGod

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 04:05 - Jul 14 by Nirvana

It's an appropriate reaction for someone like Gomis or even Borja, players that never really did sshitt on the pitch and weren't here for long.

But Siggy?

I understand it doesn't feel or look good right now, but he's been a loyal servant and professional for a long time.

Also, nothing has actually happened except for the USA bit. He played against Barnet, FFS.

This stuff happens ALL THE TIME in football. It's still just as likely as before that he'll be a Swan come September.

Deep breaths, and maybe some sun salutations.

But he's leaving and we don't know how to deal with the rejection!!

It's a parallel universe on here. One where only extremes of opinion are allowed. You're either Siggy lover or a hater. You're not allowed to say sensible things like 'he was a good player for us, so good luck to him'. Only I want his babies, or he can go and burn in hell for all eternity.

Similarly if you happen to mention a Labour MP has said something good you're instantly a Marxist Corbynista. If it's the other way round you're fascist, nazi-loving scum. There is no middle ground, no room for balanced opinions or common sense.
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 09:25 - Jul 14 with 497 viewsSTID2017

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 09:17 - Jul 14 by LeonWasGod

But he's leaving and we don't know how to deal with the rejection!!

It's a parallel universe on here. One where only extremes of opinion are allowed. You're either Siggy lover or a hater. You're not allowed to say sensible things like 'he was a good player for us, so good luck to him'. Only I want his babies, or he can go and burn in hell for all eternity.

Similarly if you happen to mention a Labour MP has said something good you're instantly a Marxist Corbynista. If it's the other way round you're fascist, nazi-loving scum. There is no middle ground, no room for balanced opinions or common sense.

Good post

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 09:37 - Jul 14 with 484 viewsJinxy

In my view, barring one or two rare exceptions, players, coaches, managers or whatever see football clubs as employers, and are always open to better or alternative offers. It's obvious really - much the same way we all look at our employers. The only true loyalty lies with the fans.
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 09:37 - Jul 14 with 480 viewsLoyal

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:18 - Jul 13 by Swanjaxs

Yes indeed fùck Sigurdsson .... infact fùck any other that doesn't want to play for SCFC 👍

Remember jacks, they mean nothing, the club and the fans remain.
Fck him.
Fck em all.
Even the greedy toss heads who play for Swansea.
They should be thanking us.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 09:40 - Jul 14 with 473 viewsLoyal

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:43 - Jul 13 by Oldjack

No ffs their wages are obscene , they kick a bag of air around a bit better than most to entertain people ,i can think of people who are far more worthy of such wages ,nurses doctors etc

We once argued this point, now you agree, I am pleased time has worked its magic.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024