Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving 20:05 - Jul 13 with 2709 viewsDavillin

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving -- "F*ck him" -- but now I'm beginning to think that all this time I have misunderstood him.

His reaction has been struggling to get to the surface of my consciousness, more strenuously as we get closer to Mister G. Sigurdsson's departure (if it happens).

And I'm not happy with me for it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:18 - Jul 13 with 2153 viewsSwanjaxs

Yes indeed fùck Sigurdsson .... infact fùck any other that doesn't want to play for SCFC 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:18 - Jul 13 with 2152 viewsjack247

His reaction has been on point more or less every single time.

Once a player leaves Swansea City they no longer matter. Only real exceptions are players like Leon and Rangel who will leave here due to age (Sheffield United debacle has been erased from my memory).

F*ck him isn't offensive in the way F*ck you is. It just means the player in question is no longer relevant.
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:20 - Jul 13 with 2135 viewsJackfath

No doubt he'll get a standing ovation and a round of applause if he scores against us next season.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:22 - Jul 13 with 2116 viewsNeath_Jack

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:24 - Jul 13 with 2095 viewsSTID2017

If or when Siggy leaves, as long as we get the price we want for him, then I for one will wish him all thebest.
He has been a brilliant player for us, been instrumental in saving us from relegation three times and given us some fabulous entertainment to boot.
Any reaction other than that is sad

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:32 - Jul 13 with 2041 viewsItchySphincter

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:24 - Jul 13 by STID2017

If or when Siggy leaves, as long as we get the price we want for him, then I for one will wish him all thebest.
He has been a brilliant player for us, been instrumental in saving us from relegation three times and given us some fabulous entertainment to boot.

BoIIocks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:41 - Jul 13 with 1992 viewsmarchamjack

When he leaves he'll be just the latest in a very long line of former players who I'll think of from time to time and remember he was definitely one of our better players for a period in time.

Already more concerned about who'll take those edge of the box free kicks where we almost expect a goal out of and to a lesser extent who's on corners.

Hope he suffers the Swansea Curse or rather in fairness, if he does I couldn't care less.

When he comes back and plays against us I hope he has an absolute mare and the only applause he'll get from me is if he gets sent off or maybe at the end of the game, maybe.

Otherwise already wondering who's going to fill his boots (which in spite of at least one expert on here...will be very difficult to fill) and hoping whoever he his will be even better than him.

Glyfi who. Whatever.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:52 - Jul 13 with 1916 viewsoldcob

In the past we've lost players the like of Curt, Robbie, Bodde, Michu, the Allchurch brothers, Cliff Jones, Mel Charles etc. etc. etc. and we are still here surviving quite well thank you. No player is bigger than the club.
Login to get fewer ads

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:02 - Jul 13 with 1850 viewsOldjack

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:24 - Jul 13 by STID2017

he got paid a kings ransom for doing his job ,end of. The only sad thing is him wanting to leave the club that put him on the map ,fuk im!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:08 - Jul 13 with 1805 viewsDarran

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:02 - Jul 13 by Oldjack

he got paid a kings ransom for doing his job ,end of. The only sad thing is him wanting to leave the club that put him on the map ,fuk im!

Great thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:24 - Jul 13 with 1741 viewsjacktar

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:02 - Jul 13 by Oldjack

"he got paid a kings ransom for doing his job" ..................... Don't all PL players?
Some do the job better than others and maybe are actually worth the money they're paid, in the grand scheme of things, don't you think?

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:37 - Jul 13 with 1690 viewsangryjack

We didn't put him on map he's quality and would stand out almost anywhere,,he wasn't used to his best ability at spurs being played out of position..
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:43 - Jul 13 with 1665 viewsOldjack

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:24 - Jul 13 by jacktar

"he got paid a kings ransom for doing his job" ..................... Don't all PL players?
Some do the job better than others and maybe are actually worth the money they're paid, in the grand scheme of things, don't you think?

No ffs their wages are obscene , they kick a bag of air around a bit better than most to entertain people ,i can think of people who are far more worthy of such wages ,nurses doctors etc

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:48 - Jul 13 with 1638 viewsSwanseajill

He's not going anywhere.....
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:53 - Jul 13 with 1621 viewsOldjack

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:48 - Jul 13 by Swanseajill

He's not going anywhere.....

his swedes gone ,he's off with the fairies

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:57 - Jul 13 with 1608 viewsSwanseajill

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:53 - Jul 13 by Oldjack

his swedes gone ,he's off with the fairies

At times OJ, ...I know how he feels.😳
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 22:00 - Jul 13 with 1582 viewslonglostjack

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:18 - Jul 13 by jack247

His reaction has been on point more or less every single time.

Once a player leaves Swansea City they no longer matter. Only real exceptions are players like Leon and Rangel who will leave here due to age (Sheffield United debacle has been erased from my memory).

F*ck him isn't offensive in the way F*ck you is. It just means the player in question is no longer relevant.

I'd add Michu to that. Then you have Joey and Ben - wouldn't say feck em because they just moved on - same for Jack Cork. As for Siggy- if it was his idea not to get on plane and weaken the bargaining position of the Swans then feck you.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 22:03]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 22:10 - Jul 13 with 1519 viewsSgorioFruit

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:18 - Jul 13 by Swanjaxs

Yes indeed fùck Sigurdsson .... infact fùck any other that doesn't want to play for SCFC 👍

These words sum up the whole situation for me. I could not agree more. Move along, and replace.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 22:11 - Jul 13 with 1525 viewsploppy

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 21:37 - Jul 13 by angryjack

We didn't put him on map he's quality and would stand out almost anywhere,,he wasn't used to his best ability at spurs being played out of position..

Or, put another way, he wasn't good enough to get in the Spurs team in his favoured position.
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 22:29 - Jul 13 with 1461 viewsmonmouth

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:20 - Jul 13 by Jackfath

No doubt he'll get a standing ovation and a round of applause if he scores against us next season.

And Williams will be simultaneously booed. It'll cause consternation in the massed ranks of the Eastern army fath, I can smell their angst now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 22:46 - Jul 13 with 1418 viewsEasternJack

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 20:20 - Jul 13 by Jackfath

Do you have these on copy+paste?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 04:05 - Jul 14 with 1276 viewsNirvana

It's an appropriate reaction for someone like Gomis or even Borja, players that never really did sshitt on the pitch and weren't here for long.

But Siggy?

I understand it doesn't feel or look good right now, but he's been a loyal servant and professional for a long time.

Also, nothing has actually happened except for the USA bit. He played against Barnet, FFS.

This stuff happens ALL THE TIME in football. It's still just as likely as before that he'll be a Swan come September.

Deep breaths, and maybe some sun salutations.
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 04:19 - Jul 14 with 1269 viewsNirvana

Very well said, STID.
I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 07:56 - Jul 14 with 1163 viewsNeath_Jack

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 04:05 - Jul 14 by Nirvana

It's an appropriate reaction for someone like Gomis or even Borja, players that never really did sshitt on the pitch and weren't here for long.

But Siggy?

I understand it doesn't feel or look good right now, but he's been a loyal servant and professional for a long time.

Also, nothing has actually happened except for the USA bit. He played against Barnet, FFS.

This stuff happens ALL THE TIME in football. It's still just as likely as before that he'll be a Swan come September.

Deep breaths, and maybe some sun salutations.

Beautiful

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

I used to disagree with my friend Darran's standard reaction to a player leaving on 09:08 - Jul 14 with 1049 viewsBarrySwan

I suppose like most people over the years I used to be extremely disappointed when our best players left or were rumoured to be leaving especially when accompanied with protracted newspaper reports that dragged on for seemingly ever with the, They are going / They aren't going... theme.

As we all know football is a very mercenary environment with many if not most players caring little for who they play for as long as the money is right or the chance of winning medals is present.

Would any of us be any different with the carrot of a vast increase in wages or career enhancement dangled in front of us?

We all know the now almost boring progression of 'I love this club' .....'They'll have to drag me from here screaming'...... ' My family and I love it here and we are totally settled' ......'This is the only club for me'..... ' never been happier'......followed by the inevitable almost immediate transfer at the first boost in wages offered by another club.

Most if not all of us recognise that is the deal however much we are disappointed at a crowd favourite seemingly not as in love with the club as they always proclaimed.

It's disappointing but the way it is I'm afraid.

The best thing that ever happened to me in this respect was serving on the supporters trust board for a few years.

A season or two of listening to the broad details and outrageous wage and conditions demands from the players that the faithful crowd fondly imagined were totally in love with their cluib and would never leave out of a sense of loyalty and love towards the supporters, cured me instantly of any disappointment about favourite players leaving.

In almost no time at all after hearing the general details of such demands from players and agents I instantly developed a couldn't care less who left because the club would just go out and sign someone else instead mentality.

As everyone knows, a player who signs a contract and turns out to be hopeless quite rightly still gets paid under the terms of his contract until it expires, however those who have a good couple of months don't expect to just have their contracts and wages honoured they are back in with their agents like a shot mid contract demanding new improved terms to their existing contracts just because they have had a bit of a golden spell.

It really is a no lose situation for these footballers, turn out to be rubbish and the club has to honour your wage and conditions. Turn out to be extremely good for even just a spell of your contract and in many cases the club is expected to up the wages and conditions that you were quite happy to sign for in the firast place

I must confess that it used to sicken me listening to the antics and demands behind the scenes of a number of 'much loved' players who had to be treated with kid gloves in order to 'keep them onside' and loyal to the club.

It was the best thing that ever happened to me in as much as I now couldn't care less who comes and goes they're all professional footballers the club will just sign new ones.

I haven't worried for years now if our best players leave, in general they'll just do whats best for themselves I certainly don't care if they wish to move on.

Theres lots of players out there, the club will just sign someone else, some will be a success some will be flops, it was ever such and will always be.

Don't beat yourself up about it, the players certainly aren't, and I'm certainly not either.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 9:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024