Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overreaction? I think not. 21:18 - Jul 13 with 7434 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I don't know if you lads remember, but around the same time last year in July we lost to a Mickey Mouse team in the US by the name of Richmond Kickers. At the time they were a semi-professional American division III side.

Just like with the loss to Barnet this week, people here were saying that it was just preseason, that we shouldn't be overreacting, and that everything is going to be fine. Low and behold, just a few months later, our manager gets sacked, and we end up at the very bottom of the league with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel.

Preseason or not, there is NO REASON, I repeat, no reason why we should be losing to a team that finished in the bottom half of fvcking League Two. We're a Premier League club for Christ's sake. There is no excuse for this, and it's clear that a lot of work needs to be done, upgrades need to be made, and a lot of deadwood needs to be shipped out.

I can't help but think this loss may have factored into Sigurdsson's decision to stay home and reconsider his future. Why stay at a club owned by greedy fvcks with zero ambition and one that just lost to a League Two side, especially when the most steadily rising club in the Premier League is after you, one that is in the top 7 and will remain there, will play in Europe next season, and who has a new billionaire owner that has backed up his desire to be in the Champions League with both his actions and his wallet? Ever since he took over last year Farhad Moshiri has been one of the most ambitious owners in the UK, and Everton's expenditures prove that.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 21:22]

Come on you Swans.

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:22 - Jul 13 with 4863 viewsDarran

Well I reckon last nights loss has fuçk all to do with Siggurdsons decision to stay home.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:25 - Jul 13 with 4840 viewsAndyNak

I think you could have saved yourself the effort and just posted the last 2 lines...

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:26 - Jul 13 with 4828 viewsUplandsJack

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:22 - Jul 13 by Darran

Well I reckon last nights loss has fuçk all to do with Siggurdsons decision to stay home.

Agreed.

No his minds made. He didn't fancy flying over there just to stay 48hrs or so and have to fly home or to wherever toffees are pre-seasoning at.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 21:27]
Overreaction? I think not. on 21:26 - Jul 13 with 4814 viewsBorojack

I think the 135 grand a week and the massive signing on fee would have had slightly more bearing than a loss in a meaningless friendly.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:27 - Jul 13 with 4803 viewsConcerned_Parent

to me just like ash's decision last year it's a no brainer. we're a club on the decline while everton are a club on the rise. why stay here with the parasite yanks who have made it painstakingly clear that they're only here to make money when you can go to everton with moshiri who gives fvck all about money (he's worth over $2.6 billion) and is in it to win it? ash was wise enough to see early that we are a sinking ship--siggy is probably leaning towards that view now.
Overreaction? I think not. on 21:30 - Jul 13 with 4769 viewsAndyNak

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:25 - Jul 13 by AndyNak

I think you could have saved yourself the effort and just posted the last 2 lines...

Now that you've edited... just to clarify... "billionaire owner... Champions League"

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:30 - Jul 13 with 4763 viewsTom1912

There's always a few people who over react to meanginless preseason results.

It's the equivalent of watching a training session and predicting doom based on what you see.
Overreaction? I think not. on 21:36 - Jul 13 with 4697 viewsjacktar

I think the OP (Mr Angry judging by some of his recent posts) needs to take a pill and go for a lie down. All this worry really isn't good for one's health.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Login to get fewer ads

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:37 - Jul 13 with 4680 viewsraynor94

Taking overreaction to a whole new level, two weeks after that game we thumped Wolves away, and everybody was happy, we even went out and won our first game of the season away! And as for Gylfi your theory is quite frankly laughable

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:37 - Jul 13 with 4680 viewsBorojack

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:30 - Jul 13 by Tom1912

There's always a few people who over react to meanginless preseason results.

It's the equivalent of watching a training session and predicting doom based on what you see.

29 points from 19 games 2nd half of the season.
13 from the last 5 games these over reactions always make me laugh.
As does crap like we are a club on the decline 7th season in the PL and the doom merchants are off already.

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:40 - Jul 13 with 4656 viewsjack247

Am I reading that wrong, or are you saying you think Siggy would have stayed if we had beaten Barnet?
Overreaction? I think not. on 21:40 - Jul 13 with 4646 viewsmajorraglan

Not sure last nights loss was the straw that broke the camels back but it could have been. I believe that a large pay rise, the opportunity to play in Europe and the chance to play for a team who are traditionally regarded as one of the big teams who now have a big money backer was enough to turn his head.
If he wants to go let him leave. The Club need to agree a fee and move him on so they can focus on securing his replacement. The new season is fast approaching; the new players need to be signed and bedded in by the time the first match kicks off, the club need to hit the ground running. Imagine a Laudrupesqe start to the season at Southampton...........
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 21:43]
Overreaction? I think not. on 21:41 - Jul 13 with 4639 viewsAndyNak

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:40 - Jul 13 by jack247

Am I reading that wrong, or are you saying you think Siggy would have stayed if we had beaten Barnet?

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:45 - Jul 13 with 4602 viewsFerrieBodde

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:40 - Jul 13 by jack247

Perhaps you should actually read his post. He said that it "may have factored" into Sigurdsson's decision. Of course there are other factors at play, but frankly I don't think its far fetched to believe it may well have been one of the factors or even more, been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Did anyone see us play or watch the game? We're w ere bloody gash. Way too many players on the wage bill who aren't anywhere near Premier League quality. If Mulder is going to play like that against a league 2 side then I pray to truly pray to God Fabianski never gets injured and Nordffeldt doesn't leave.
Overreaction? I think not. on 21:48 - Jul 13 with 4557 viewsAndyNak

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:45 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

Perhaps you should actually read his post. He said that it "may have factored" into Sigurdsson's decision. Of course there are other factors at play, but frankly I don't think its far fetched to believe it may well have been one of the factors or even more, been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Did anyone see us play or watch the game? We're w ere bloody gash. Way too many players on the wage bill who aren't anywhere near Premier League quality. If Mulder is going to play like that against a league 2 side then I pray to truly pray to God Fabianski never gets injured and Nordffeldt doesn't leave.

Things are getting strange... I'm starting to worry!

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:50 - Jul 13 with 4540 viewsjack247

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:45 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

I did actually read his post. As far as I can see he implies that losing to Barnet may have contributed to the decision to leave.

I didn't see the game, but am not at all surprised it was gash. The early pre season games are just about getting closer to match fitness. I'd guess it was a very disjointed and lacklustre performance, not because of the result, but because these games usually are.
Overreaction? I think not. on 21:53 - Jul 13 with 4503 viewsPorthcawlswan

We lost to flipping neath a few seasons back and went on to finish mid table, people need to get a grip
Overreaction? I think not. on 21:59 - Jul 13 with 4463 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think this post is somewhat in response to a post I made last night about the game showing how much work the club and team needed to do before the Season starts and the comments slating it.
Well in my defense I will quote the Boss.
"“We are disappointed not to have got the result we wanted, but for me it’s a good marker,” said Clement, who is taking charge of his first pre-season at the Swans.

“That’s what it is all about — where are we at after ten days physically, our shape, the team, what’s the spirit like?

“I am always making measurements about what we need to work on very quickly.

“I saw some things tonight that I want to work on immediately."
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:00 - Jul 13 with 4452 viewsFerrieBodde

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:50 - Jul 13 by jack247

I did actually read his post. As far as I can see he implies that losing to Barnet may have contributed to the decision to leave.

I didn't see the game, but am not at all surprised it was gash. The early pre season games are just about getting closer to match fitness. I'd guess it was a very disjointed and lacklustre performance, not because of the result, but because these games usually are.

"I'd guess it was a very disjointed and lacklustre performance, not because of the result, but because these games usually are."

They really aren't. Especially not with competent sides. Perhaps you should have a look at our preseason matches from 2012-2014 when Brendan and Laudrup were in charge. 2014 is an especially good example as it was the last time we played a League 2 side in preseason, and we smashed them (Yeovil) 5-0. We should be doing the same to a team like Barnet.
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:05 - Jul 13 with 4393 viewsraynor94

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:00 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

"I'd guess it was a very disjointed and lacklustre performance, not because of the result, but because these games usually are."

They really aren't. Especially not with competent sides. Perhaps you should have a look at our preseason matches from 2012-2014 when Brendan and Laudrup were in charge. 2014 is an especially good example as it was the last time we played a League 2 side in preseason, and we smashed them (Yeovil) 5-0. We should be doing the same to a team like Barnet.

Yet we smashed(as you put it) Wolves last season, did you think we were in for a great season?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:07 - Jul 13 with 4383 viewsjack247

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:00 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

They generally are. I've seen us at Neath, Llanelli and Port Talbot not too long ago. We didn't destroy any of them. Results are utterly irrelevant and the games are invariably disjointed this early on. Did we sub close to the entire team at half time?
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:08 - Jul 13 with 4375 viewsFerrieBodde

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:37 - Jul 13 by Borojack

29 points from 19 games 2nd half of the season.
13 from the last 5 games these over reactions always make me laugh.
As does crap like we are a club on the decline 7th season in the PL and the doom merchants are off already.

Why is everyone here who rightfully expresses concern after a loss or an idiotic board decision by the club derided as a doom merchant?? Wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the blokes last season who called the people who voiced anger and concern after we lost to that amateur yankee club that. And guess what? We were right to be concerned.
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:09 - Jul 13 with 4360 viewsFerrieBodde

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:07 - Jul 13 by jack247

They generally are. I've seen us at Neath, Llanelli and Port Talbot not too long ago. We didn't destroy any of them. Results are utterly irrelevant and the games are invariably disjointed this early on. Did we sub close to the entire team at half time?

"Did we sub close to the entire team at half time?"

Yes but the problem is that Barnet did exactly the same. That makes it more worrying.
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:17 - Jul 13 with 4318 viewsjack247

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:09 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

"Did we sub close to the entire team at half time?"

Yes but the problem is that Barnet did exactly the same. That makes it more worrying.

I'm sure Barnet were all below their best as well. Like I said, I didn't see the game, but have seen plenty of them and they are meaningless in terms of result. This early in pre-season the performance isn't that important either. A couple of games in they should be gelling better.

How did Siggy play?
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:18 - Jul 13 with 4308 viewsBorojack

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:08 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

Why is everyone here who rightfully expresses concern after a loss or an idiotic board decision by the club derided as a doom merchant?? Wouldn't be surprised if you were one of the blokes last season who called the people who voiced anger and concern after we lost to that amateur yankee club that. And guess what? We were right to be concerned.

Because it's an over reaction and a massive one at that.
A meltdown because we lost a pointless friendly & selling a player for near on 50 million quid is nuts.
Same people were shagging off the likes of Carrol Ollson and Ayew before they had kicked a ball.
Gets on my tits.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024