Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overreaction? I think not. 21:18 - Jul 13 with 7433 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I don't know if you lads remember, but around the same time last year in July we lost to a Mickey Mouse team in the US by the name of Richmond Kickers. At the time they were a semi-professional American division III side.

Just like with the loss to Barnet this week, people here were saying that it was just preseason, that we shouldn't be overreacting, and that everything is going to be fine. Low and behold, just a few months later, our manager gets sacked, and we end up at the very bottom of the league with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel.

Preseason or not, there is NO REASON, I repeat, no reason why we should be losing to a team that finished in the bottom half of fvcking League Two. We're a Premier League club for Christ's sake. There is no excuse for this, and it's clear that a lot of work needs to be done, upgrades need to be made, and a lot of deadwood needs to be shipped out.

I can't help but think this loss may have factored into Sigurdsson's decision to stay home and reconsider his future. Why stay at a club owned by greedy fvcks with zero ambition and one that just lost to a League Two side, especially when the most steadily rising club in the Premier League is after you, one that is in the top 7 and will remain there, will play in Europe next season, and who has a new billionaire owner that has backed up his desire to be in the Champions League with both his actions and his wallet? Ever since he took over last year Farhad Moshiri has been one of the most ambitious owners in the UK, and Everton's expenditures prove that.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 21:22]

Come on you Swans.

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:19 - Jul 13 with 1360 viewsraynor94

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:09 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

"Did we sub close to the entire team at half time?"

Yes but the problem is that Barnet did exactly the same. That makes it more worrying.

You don't even know what the final make up of the squad will be before the season starts, and you are already worried, after a kick about at Barnet, at least wait till the pre season ends, before you relegate us

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:20 - Jul 13 with 1357 viewsmonmouth

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:05 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Yet we smashed(as you put it) Wolves last season, did you think we were in for a great season?

I love this site, and all the assorted nutters (of which I consider myself a full member). This thread is a perfect example of the night of the full loon.

Andynak is right. The truth is out there...

and jack247, love it

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:25 - Jul 13 with 1335 viewsEasternJack

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:30 - Jul 13 by Tom1912

There's always a few people who over react to meanginless preseason results.

It's the equivalent of watching a training session and predicting doom based on what you see.

I disagree. The OP is spot on... this was a must win match and Clement confirmed the same with a starting eleven that's nailed on for Southampton away

#ClementOut

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:28 - Jul 13 with 1325 viewsFireboy2

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:26 - Jul 13 by Borojack

I think the 135 grand a week and the massive signing on fee would have had slightly more bearing than a loss in a meaningless friendly.

Am I being stupid by saying as he is in contract with us he doesn't get a signing on fee

Players only get signing on fees when they are out of contract,don't they?
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:32 - Jul 13 with 1307 viewsraynor94

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:28 - Jul 13 by Fireboy2

Am I being stupid by saying as he is in contract with us he doesn't get a signing on fee

No, him and his agent are in for a big slice of the pie

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:32 - Jul 13 with 1306 viewsEasternJack

Mods - can we have a Siggy only board until all this blows over. The contagion is spreading like wildfire and is more stubborn than trying to get T2C to admit he's wrong.

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:33 - Jul 13 with 1297 viewsBorojack

Don't think so the buying club can give a player what they want in contract or not.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:33 - Jul 13 with 1294 viewsraynor94

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:32 - Jul 13 by EasternJack

Mods - can we have a Siggy only board until all this blows over. The contagion is spreading like wildfire and is more stubborn than trying to get T2C to admit he's wrong.

Is he?

Login to get fewer ads

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:33 - Jul 13 with 1289 viewsPozuelosSideys

This thread

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:36 - Jul 13 with 1280 viewsBorojack

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:33 - Jul 13 by PozuelosSideys

This thread

Yes it's good in it

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:37 - Jul 13 with 1276 viewsEasternJack

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:33 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Is he?

Isn't he?

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:37 - Jul 13 with 1275 viewsMo_Wives

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:18 - Jul 13 by Borojack

Because it's an over reaction and a massive one at that.
A meltdown because we lost a pointless friendly & selling a player for near on 50 million quid is nuts.
Same people were shagging off the likes of Carrol Ollson and Ayew before they had kicked a ball.
Gets on my tits.

Who wuz shagging?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:39 - Jul 13 with 1257 viewsraynor94

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:37 - Jul 13 by EasternJack

Isn't he?

No not completely

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:40 - Jul 13 with 1253 viewsEasternJack

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:37 - Jul 13 by Mo_Wives

Who wuz shagging?

I heard something about this guy Morgan who along with Lorente and Siggy triple teamed the wife of a poster on here. Which would explain the otherwise irrational hatred for these players

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:41 - Jul 13 with 1249 viewsBorojack

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:37 - Jul 13 by Mo_Wives

Who wuz shagging?

Sorry thought I was on the Dyer to Leicester thread

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:47 - Jul 13 with 1217 viewsJacket

Do you remember when we embarked on our "record breaking season" of 2014/15 Villarreal played us off the park on the very eve of the season. 7 days later we beat Man U 2-1 at the Theatre of Ffacin Dreams. That friendly clearly meant the square route of ffac all, the opening friendly of the season means even less. If Barnet had any bearing on his decision the man clearly has mental health issues. Not that I'm saying that it is and that he has.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 22:49]
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:48 - Jul 13 with 1213 viewsMo_Wives

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:41 - Jul 13 by Borojack

Sorry thought I was on the Dyer to Leicester thread

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:50 - Jul 13 with 1203 viewsmahoss

Overreaction? I think not. on 21:37 - Jul 13 by Borojack

29 points from 19 games 2nd half of the season.
13 from the last 5 games these over reactions always make me laugh.
As does crap like we are a club on the decline 7th season in the PL and the doom merchants are off already.

Well.........yeah but.
This stat keeps getting repeated,I think it's dangerous to keep relying on it.
I watched most games last season and we were really poor most of the time.
We only started picking points up when teams had nothing to play for,luckily there were some weak teams in the Prem last season,I suppose we have to rely on that again.
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:51 - Jul 13 with 1195 viewsFerrieBodde

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:47 - Jul 13 by Jacket

Do you remember when we embarked on our "record breaking season" of 2014/15 Villarreal played us off the park on the very eve of the season. 7 days later we beat Man U 2-1 at the Theatre of Ffacin Dreams. That friendly clearly meant the square route of ffac all, the opening friendly of the season means even less. If Barnet had any bearing on his decision the man clearly has mental health issues. Not that I'm saying that it is and that he has.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 22:49]

You're comparing us losing to a bottom half league two side to us losing against a Villarreal side that finished 6th in La Liga two consecutive years in a row? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Overreaction? I think not. on 22:52 - Jul 13 with 1190 viewsPozuelosSideys

Hang on, some of the posters on here are serious and freaking out about that Barnet runaround?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:52 - Jul 13 with 1187 viewsraynor94

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:51 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

You're comparing us losing to a bottom half league two side to us losing against a Villarreal side that finished 6th in La Liga two consecutive years in a row? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There was a month between the two games

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:56 - Jul 13 with 1170 viewsEasternJack

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:52 - Jul 13 by PozuelosSideys

Hang on, some of the posters on here are serious and freaking out about that Barnet runaround?

Excatly.

Keep your hair on

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:57 - Jul 13 with 1163 viewsJacket

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:51 - Jul 13 by FerrieBodde

This was the first friendly of the campaign before the trainging camp, that was on the ffacing weekend before the season started when we should be ready to hit the ground running. Ha Ha ha indeed
Overreaction? I think not. on 23:05 - Jul 13 with 1146 viewsdailew

Never go full Drama Queen.

The OP has history. This was a cracker.

"We're going to be relegated"

We're going to be relegated. by MyFinalHeaven 14 Jan 2017 18:32
I know the window is not yet over, but as it stands, it looks as though the only players we will bring in are Luciano Narsingh, Martin Olsson, and Tom Carroll. This is utterly and unreservedly not good enough, and frankly, I'm surprised as to how more of our supporters aren't outraged. How Mr. Jenkins thinks that this trio of players will be the solution to our problems is utterly mindboggling. But forget about the possibility that they may help us stay up. I'll say it right now: except for maybe Narsingh, none of these acquisitions will even improve our squad. Olsson and Carroll will hardly, if at all be an upgrade over what we currently have.

It's funny. You'd think with a club like us--with what we've gone through so far, with us in mortal danger of being relegated, and with us having made the beyond costly mistake of having invested nothing in the summer while other teams strengthened relentlessly--would finally wake the fvck up and realize that this January window was the last chance to correct all our wrongs. Instead, there is still the same exact idiocy, incompetence, and complete lack of urgency there was in the summer, and we continue to think that sticking to the usual plan of spending bit part money on bit part players will be the answer.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible. It's mind boggling really.

You've all heard how I feel about Olsson in another thread--as I said before, he's a guy who has yet to prove he is anywhere near good enough at this level and incredibly, he's been relegated 3 times in the 4 seasons he's been a starting left back in the Prem. No player in history has a worse record than that.

But the real puzzling one is Carroll.

Our squad has been SCREAMING for a defensive midfielder since Joe Allen left, but quite remarkably, he has still yet to be replaced. Since Joe left we have been without a midfield enforcer--the engine in the squad that does all the dirty work, acts as the link between the defence and the attack, and otherwise dictates play like a fine court composer. Whether it's Chelsea with Kante, Everton with Gana, West Ham with Kouyate, Spurs with Wanyama, Southampton with Romeu, Bournemouth with Arter, or Watford with Capoue, every decent squad has one whether they're in the top 4, sitting comfortably at midtable, or even lower midtable. The time for a physical, tough tackling, ball intercepting DM has never been more apparent than right now, and yet we've turned to Tom Carroll of all people. The most lightweight, easily shoved off the ball, and paper thin player of them all, one who has never ran a midfield and never will.

Okay, so he's not a DM, and he has alarmingly low tackle, interception, block, aerial duels won, and clearance numbers per appearance. But neither can you call him a creative centre midfielder or playmaker as so many of his defenders somehow have, as in this lad's entire career in League One, the Championship, and the Prem he has had just 5 league assists and 1 league goal to his name, while averaging just 0.6 chances created per game. Then what is he, what does he provide to the team, and what does he offer over Fulton, Ki, Cork and Britton?

Sadly, the answer is nothing. The rest of the football world can see that Tom Carroll is not good enough. I don't know why we can't.

But enough about Carroll. Let's get to the matter at hand. Our Premier League dream is over chaps. But you know what? I'm not even that bothered that Swansea City will no longer be in the top flight and that I will no longer be able to watch them play in the Premier League. What I'm really worried about is the people of this city. In 2013 a study determined that our Premier League status was worth £55.3m to our economy and helped to create or protect 340 jobs, with pretty much every industry and business having reported increased activity since our promotion (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-20895147). No doubt these figures have risen 4 years on, but as our time in the Premier League comes to a close, the people of Swansea will lose much more than seeing their team in the PL. If there was any shred of decency left in that big nosed cvnt Jenkins, and if he cared an iota about these people, then he should resign immediately. By failing unequivocally to adequately perform his duties as chairman and do what was best for this club in his insatiable pursuit of personal wealth, he has ultimately failed all and everyone of this town as well. And that is what is most devastating.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Overreaction? I think not. on 23:11 - Jul 13 with 1133 viewsspiderboy

GET A GRIP MAN!!!!
Jesus holy mother of lord!
It was a kick about..
You,l be saying Barnet should be in the prem next!
Calm down and eat a biscuit with you Horlicks..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024