Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overreaction? I think not. 21:18 - Jul 13 with 7386 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I don't know if you lads remember, but around the same time last year in July we lost to a Mickey Mouse team in the US by the name of Richmond Kickers. At the time they were a semi-professional American division III side.

Just like with the loss to Barnet this week, people here were saying that it was just preseason, that we shouldn't be overreacting, and that everything is going to be fine. Low and behold, just a few months later, our manager gets sacked, and we end up at the very bottom of the league with seemingly no light at the end of the tunnel.

Preseason or not, there is NO REASON, I repeat, no reason why we should be losing to a team that finished in the bottom half of fvcking League Two. We're a Premier League club for Christ's sake. There is no excuse for this, and it's clear that a lot of work needs to be done, upgrades need to be made, and a lot of deadwood needs to be shipped out.

I can't help but think this loss may have factored into Sigurdsson's decision to stay home and reconsider his future. Why stay at a club owned by greedy fvcks with zero ambition and one that just lost to a League Two side, especially when the most steadily rising club in the Premier League is after you, one that is in the top 7 and will remain there, will play in Europe next season, and who has a new billionaire owner that has backed up his desire to be in the Champions League with both his actions and his wallet? Ever since he took over last year Farhad Moshiri has been one of the most ambitious owners in the UK, and Everton's expenditures prove that.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 21:22]

Come on you Swans.

Overreaction? I think not. on 23:16 - Jul 13 with 1159 viewslidojack

If we lost to a semi-professional American team 2-0 last year then a 1-0 loss to a professional English team can only be seen as a step in the right direction.

We're going to win the league lads.
Overreaction? I think not. on 05:55 - Jul 14 with 1077 viewsAnotherJohn

Overreaction? I think not. on 22:47 - Jul 13 by Jacket

Do you remember when we embarked on our "record breaking season" of 2014/15 Villarreal played us off the park on the very eve of the season. 7 days later we beat Man U 2-1 at the Theatre of Ffacin Dreams. That friendly clearly meant the square route of ffac all, the opening friendly of the season means even less. If Barnet had any bearing on his decision the man clearly has mental health issues. Not that I'm saying that it is and that he has.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2017 22:49]

I thought that friendly against Villarreal was actually very significant. It seemed to put the kibosh on the idea of playing Bony and Gomis in tandem, and set up tensions that lasted right through the season. Although the first friendly of the season may not mean a great deal, friendly results can be consequential. Last year I didn't feel confident that we had many players who could put the ball in the net and that carried on into the early league games. With Llorente out it could be the same in the friendlies this year, though naturally we hope that Abraham can hit the ground running. If he could score a few in the US it would build confidence for the EPL.
Overreaction? I think not. on 06:39 - Jul 14 with 1063 viewsSwansNZ

Well I'm going to put 100k on Barnet to win the league.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024