Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor v Mayweather 19:27 - Jul 14 with 4502 viewsJack123

What a fuc**ng pantomime .. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/mayweather-conor-mcgregor-london-plane-1079

libera nos a malo

Connor v Mayweather on 17:17 - Jul 15 with 938 viewsDJack

Connor v Mayweather on 17:09 - Jul 15 by max936

Oh no he's not

Sire, I do believe that he is!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Connor v Mayweather on 18:20 - Jul 15 with 914 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 19:33 - Jul 14 by union_jack

They are doing this world promotion tour.

You can see them now, travelling on the same plane having a bloody good laugh at the suckers turning up.

As you say, a pantomime.

Hope Mayweather kicks his @rse though😉

Why would you want a guy who beats up woman and avoids paying his taxes to win.???
Connor v Mayweather on 18:28 - Jul 15 with 907 viewsperplex

It`s a strange one, we will be watching a contest where in a fight McGregor would wipe out Mayweather in no time at all but will not allowed to do so because just the one discipline is allowed, if I can get my head around one fighter not being allowed to use 90% of his skills I may be able to enjoy it.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 18:29]
Connor v Mayweather on 18:41 - Jul 15 with 899 viewsjack247

Connor v Mayweather on 18:28 - Jul 15 by perplex

It`s a strange one, we will be watching a contest where in a fight McGregor would wipe out Mayweather in no time at all but will not allowed to do so because just the one discipline is allowed, if I can get my head around one fighter not being allowed to use 90% of his skills I may be able to enjoy it.

It shouldn't confuse you too much, it's a boxing match.
Connor v Mayweather on 20:34 - Jul 15 with 878 viewsmax936

Its a boxing match, you know they get in a ring with gloves on and they try and punch each other, nothing else allowed, its called the Queensbury Rules.

It was never matched up at anything else, UFC is a different sport.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Connor v Mayweather on 20:36 - Jul 15 with 877 viewsWarwickHunt

Connor v Mayweather on 18:20 - Jul 15 by perplex

Why would you want a guy who beats up woman and avoids paying his taxes to win.???

Because McGregor's an even bigger cûnt.
Connor v Mayweather on 21:05 - Jul 15 with 860 viewsswanjackal

Semi on topic. A nice eay UFC card from Scotland tomorrow with a very heavy UK based fight card, including Johns (difficult fight for him) and Marshman.

Good main event, hard task for one of the smoothest, tightest fighters, and one of my favourites to watch (Nelson), but should be a decent night and on at a manageable time.

On topic, I think The Franchise is spot on in his assessment. McGregor, being southpaw and unorthodox may see him attempt movement Mayweather will not have seen, and a quick strong left that hurts. Like franchise I feel it's a low percentage he wins, but for me it's a larger percentage chance than Mayweather would have in an MMA match up. Fully expect Mayweather to win by McGregor gassing out from Mayweather movement,but really would not be shocked as most if McGregor did do something.

I actually enjoy needle (be it real or staged) before a fight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Connor v Mayweather on 21:52 - Jul 15 with 832 viewsTheFranchise

Connor v Mayweather on 21:05 - Jul 15 by swanjackal

Semi on topic. A nice eay UFC card from Scotland tomorrow with a very heavy UK based fight card, including Johns (difficult fight for him) and Marshman.

Good main event, hard task for one of the smoothest, tightest fighters, and one of my favourites to watch (Nelson), but should be a decent night and on at a manageable time.

On topic, I think The Franchise is spot on in his assessment. McGregor, being southpaw and unorthodox may see him attempt movement Mayweather will not have seen, and a quick strong left that hurts. Like franchise I feel it's a low percentage he wins, but for me it's a larger percentage chance than Mayweather would have in an MMA match up. Fully expect Mayweather to win by McGregor gassing out from Mayweather movement,but really would not be shocked as most if McGregor did do something.

All the boxing fans are getting a little precious about this and only seeing the showman that McGregor plays.

His story would make a great Rocky style film. From really rough beginnings, no job or direction, his wife supported them so he can train to fight. In a really short time he's gone from nowhere to being a 2 weight UFC champion humiliating one of the best ever fighters in Jose Aldo. He's a guy that genuinely worships his wife.

The fact he's got Mayweather to fight him is one thing and he's certainly doing the work to sell the fight.

He has absolutely no right to be in that ring, I wouldn't count him out though. He has genuine power in his hands, awesome hand speed and accuracy. He will catch Floyd and it will rock him. In boxing they say he has a puncher's chance.
Login to get fewer ads

Connor v Mayweather on 22:21 - Jul 15 with 812 viewsdeanscfc

Sorry but what a stupid comment...
Connor v Mayweather on 22:31 - Jul 15 with 811 viewsswanjackal

Connor v Mayweather on 21:52 - Jul 15 by TheFranchise

All the boxing fans are getting a little precious about this and only seeing the showman that McGregor plays.

His story would make a great Rocky style film. From really rough beginnings, no job or direction, his wife supported them so he can train to fight. In a really short time he's gone from nowhere to being a 2 weight UFC champion humiliating one of the best ever fighters in Jose Aldo. He's a guy that genuinely worships his wife.

The fact he's got Mayweather to fight him is one thing and he's certainly doing the work to sell the fight.

He has absolutely no right to be in that ring, I wouldn't count him out though. He has genuine power in his hands, awesome hand speed and accuracy. He will catch Floyd and it will rock him. In boxing they say he has a puncher's chance.

Don't get me wrong, I love boxing, however I was an early convert to MMA after watching some early UFC and Japanese fights, and in truth prefer to watch MMA mote than boxing these days.

McGregor, when the camera is off (not on promo), or even post fight interviews, us a hard man to dislike. It is plain to see his promo work was influenced from pro wrestling, and he does it so well, and is quick on the comebacks/insults. It's bizarre how people fall for it still.

He's a family man, interacts with fans and works with his gym mates. Although he is nowhere near the most polished fighter in MMA , his whole package, including the showman, makes him top of the game, and why he attracts the big money. People tune in either way, wanting to see him fail or wanting to see him succeed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Connor v Mayweather on 22:53 - Jul 15 with 799 viewsPozuelosSideys

Maidana and Pacquaio had all those things you mentioned above and they got nowhere near him.

Stick Floyd in with UFC rules and id be giving him no chance either.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Connor v Mayweather on 23:55 - Jul 15 with 784 viewspikeypaul

Connor v Mayweather on 22:07 - Jul 14 by Swans777

Are people seriously going to pay to watch this crap ?. Unbelievable.

You would be surprised at the amount of idiots about.

Promoters laughing at the moron little people.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Connor v Mayweather on 23:59 - Jul 15 with 783 viewsswanjackal

Connor v Mayweather on 23:55 - Jul 15 by pikeypaul

You would be surprised at the amount of idiots about.

Promoters laughing at the moron little people.

As long as one idiot buys it and streams it on cricfree, I'll be happy
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 0:03]

Connor v Mayweather on 11:49 - Jul 16 with 731 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 22:21 - Jul 15 by deanscfc

Sorry but what a stupid comment...

Well it`s a factual comment they can only Box because it`s the only way to get Mayweather to agree and make lots of money, its a boxing matchup hence the better fighter in all likelihood will not be able to win because they will be only using the one discipline , hope that helps get a better understanding of the comment, unless of course you are a stupid bloke but I`ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
Connor v Mayweather on 11:53 - Jul 16 with 729 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 18:41 - Jul 15 by jack247

It shouldn't confuse you too much, it's a boxing match.

Exactly, its just the one discipline meaning the better fighter of the two will probably lose.
Connor v Mayweather on 11:56 - Jul 16 with 727 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 20:34 - Jul 15 by max936

Its a boxing match, you know they get in a ring with gloves on and they try and punch each other, nothing else allowed, its called the Queensbury Rules.

It was never matched up at anything else, UFC is a different sport.

Meaning the better fighter of the two will lose because he will only be allowed to Box who is saying its not a Boxing match and UFC is not a sport you absolute buffoon lol.
Connor v Mayweather on 12:01 - Jul 16 with 722 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 20:36 - Jul 15 by WarwickHunt

Because McGregor's an even bigger cûnt.

Is he why is that then, has he done things that are worse than beating up woman etc, you have to enlighten us.
Connor v Mayweather on 12:04 - Jul 16 with 717 viewsjack247

Connor v Mayweather on 11:53 - Jul 16 by perplex

Exactly, its just the one discipline meaning the better fighter of the two will probably lose.

Are you one of those guys who gets pissy because footballers can't pick the ball up?
Connor v Mayweather on 12:11 - Jul 16 with 712 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 21:05 - Jul 15 by swanjackal

I think the Prelims are on Bt Sports later followed by the main card, looking forward to it.
Connor v Mayweather on 12:18 - Jul 16 with 703 viewsmax936

Connor v Mayweather on 11:56 - Jul 16 by perplex

Meaning the better fighter of the two will lose because he will only be allowed to Box who is saying its not a Boxing match and UFC is not a sport you absolute buffoon lol.

Absolute Buffoon there's a first time for everything I suppose Thanks.

What is UFC if its not a sport then?, the train and compete against each other

Just for clarity I've supplied a link for you,

http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/index

Now whose the buffoon? go and have a lie down your stress levels have hit their limit.

Connor v Mayweather on 12:19 - Jul 16 with 703 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 12:04 - Jul 16 by jack247

Are you one of those guys who gets pissy because footballers can't pick the ball up?

Nope, it would be difficult to mix the two would not work really, however mixing MMA v Boxing becomes a fight, which would work and meaning an even playing field hope this helps you get a better understanding of my original point, I`m starting to think there are a lot of simpletons on here.
Connor v Mayweather on 12:21 - Jul 16 with 699 viewsswanjackal

Connor v Mayweather on 12:18 - Jul 16 by max936

Now whose the buffoon? go and have a lie down your stress levels have hit their limit.

The sport is MMA, the company/organisation is UFC . Like calling the fight last night as the sport of IBF.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 12:27]

Connor v Mayweather on 12:21 - Jul 16 with 699 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 12:18 - Jul 16 by max936

The UFC is an organisation that promotes the sport of MMA honestly mate you are making yourself look silly here.
Connor v Mayweather on 12:28 - Jul 16 with 686 viewsjack247

Connor v Mayweather on 12:19 - Jul 16 by perplex

Nope, it would be difficult to mix the two would not work really, however mixing MMA v Boxing becomes a fight, which would work and meaning an even playing field hope this helps you get a better understanding of my original point, I`m starting to think there are a lot of simpletons on here.

You can't mix mma and boxing. It would just become mma.
Connor v Mayweather on 12:28 - Jul 16 with 686 viewsmax936

Connor v Mayweather on 12:21 - Jul 16 by perplex

The UFC is an organisation that promotes the sport of MMA honestly mate you are making yourself look silly here.

I've absolutely no interest what so ever in UFC, I love boxing though, but that link supports my point of it being a sport don't you think?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024