Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor v Mayweather 19:27 - Jul 14 with 4503 viewsJack123

What a fuc**ng pantomime .. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/mayweather-conor-mcgregor-london-plane-1079

libera nos a malo

Connor v Mayweather on 12:30 - Jul 16 with 746 viewsValerie

Connor is a slimmy piece of excretment and Mayweather WILL put him in his place that's for sure.

Mayweather is a master in the art of boxing Connor just a street fighter earning Lia living off his animal fighting instincts.

It's like comparing apples and oranges
Connor v Mayweather on 12:35 - Jul 16 with 743 viewsswanjackal

Connor v Mayweather on 12:28 - Jul 16 by max936

I've absolutely no interest what so ever in UFC, I love boxing though, but that link supports my point of it being a sport don't you think?

Max, you are a top lad, but two things. Firstly, what page is it you linked to, it comes up as "the page has moved" when I click the link, and secondly UFC is not a sport, but an organisation of MMA. I can see why there is a misconception, due to it being the dominant organisation, but the sport is MMA.

I enjoy boxing too though, and enjoy both the differences and similarities between it and MMA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Connor v Mayweather on 12:42 - Jul 16 with 736 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 12:28 - Jul 16 by jack247

You can't mix mma and boxing. It would just become mma.

Or another way of putting it boxing is a big part of MMA.
Connor v Mayweather on 12:43 - Jul 16 with 736 viewsmax936

Connor v Mayweather on 12:35 - Jul 16 by swanjackal

Max, you are a top lad, but two things. Firstly, what page is it you linked to, it comes up as "the page has moved" when I click the link, and secondly UFC is not a sport, but an organisation of MMA. I can see why there is a misconception, due to it being the dominant organisation, but the sport is MMA.

I enjoy boxing too though, and enjoy both the differences and similarities between it and MMA.

I stand corrected then, here's the link again it still works I just checked and I see what you mean now, but I put the two together and called it sport,

http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/index

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Connor v Mayweather on 12:50 - Jul 16 with 728 viewsjack247

Connor v Mayweather on 12:42 - Jul 16 by perplex

Or another way of putting it boxing is a big part of MMA.

Right. And this is a boxing match. Not a fight. Not an MMA contest. What is troubling you about that?
Connor v Mayweather on 14:05 - Jul 16 with 702 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 12:50 - Jul 16 by jack247

Right. And this is a boxing match. Not a fight. Not an MMA contest. What is troubling you about that?

Lets try and put it to you in another way I am a fan of combat sports both Boxing and Mma and have gone to many Boxing events and UFC events, my problem with this spectacle is we have two guys, one is prepared to lose all of his advantages the other is not and is to fearful to compete on an even playing field because he knows the outcome would be very bleak for him , Mayweather was not even prepared to have one other discipline added, maybe many would call it wisdom on his part which is fair enough, so as I say as long as I can get my head around watching the better fighter get out boxed because it is only a Boxing match I may enjoy it but I doubt it, this fight would have been just or even more lucrative if Mayweather had agreed to add even just a couple of disciplines but he was to wise or weary to do so which is a shame because having an event being played out on an even playing field would be far more interesting and exciting to watch.
Connor v Mayweather on 14:12 - Jul 16 with 693 viewsjack247

Connor v Mayweather on 14:05 - Jul 16 by perplex

Lets try and put it to you in another way I am a fan of combat sports both Boxing and Mma and have gone to many Boxing events and UFC events, my problem with this spectacle is we have two guys, one is prepared to lose all of his advantages the other is not and is to fearful to compete on an even playing field because he knows the outcome would be very bleak for him , Mayweather was not even prepared to have one other discipline added, maybe many would call it wisdom on his part which is fair enough, so as I say as long as I can get my head around watching the better fighter get out boxed because it is only a Boxing match I may enjoy it but I doubt it, this fight would have been just or even more lucrative if Mayweather had agreed to add even just a couple of disciplines but he was to wise or weary to do so which is a shame because having an event being played out on an even playing field would be far more interesting and exciting to watch.

McGregor, in his own words, is quadrupling his net worth. What would be in it for Mayweather? This fight wouldn't make anywhere near as much money as an mma or kickboxing or whatever contest. Plus he would almost certainly go 49-1 instead of 50-0.

I prefer watching mma, but this one is either boxing or it doesn't happen.
Connor v Mayweather on 14:20 - Jul 16 with 688 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 12:30 - Jul 16 by Valerie

Connor is a slimmy piece of excretment and Mayweather WILL put him in his place that's for sure.

Mayweather is a master in the art of boxing Connor just a street fighter earning Lia living off his animal fighting instincts.

It's like comparing apples and oranges

Wow just seen this, and here`s me thinking Mma like Boxing is something to be admired where especially the athletes who get to the level of fighting in the UFC spend many years learning and training to get there skill level be as good as they are, but you say there just street fighters etc oh well that says it all I suppose, there really are some right beauts on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Connor v Mayweather on 14:24 - Jul 16 with 684 viewsswanjackal

Connor v Mayweather on 14:12 - Jul 16 by jack247

McGregor, in his own words, is quadrupling his net worth. What would be in it for Mayweather? This fight wouldn't make anywhere near as much money as an mma or kickboxing or whatever contest. Plus he would almost certainly go 49-1 instead of 50-0.

The only way I see an MMA fight happening is if the rumours of gambling/financial issues around Mayweather are true. Extension on his tax payments for 2015 lodged due to "illiquidity", and extensive lavish lifestyle, may be the reasoning he has taken this fight, and when having to fund the 2016 on tax bill, he may have to get creative, or change lifestyle. $750 million dollars in earnings and can't guarantee tax payments on prior years on time makes you think.

Fight is an abortion, but will watch it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Connor v Mayweather on 14:34 - Jul 16 with 681 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 14:12 - Jul 16 by jack247

Exactly that's why Mcgregor is going for it, I disagree about it not being as lucrative if more disciplines were added not making it a full mma bout but just one or two which would be more of an even matchup, but Mayweather is to clever to allow that, so that`s not to be, so what we now have is a potentially one sided mismatch and I just can not get excited about that, the best part of sport is when you are watching something where its very difficult to predict the winner
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 14:35]
Connor v Mayweather on 14:38 - Jul 16 with 672 viewsPozuelosSideys

Connor v Mayweather on 14:34 - Jul 16 by perplex

Exactly that's why Mcgregor is going for it, I disagree about it not being as lucrative if more disciplines were added not making it a full mma bout but just one or two which would be more of an even matchup, but Mayweather is to clever to allow that, so that`s not to be, so what we now have is a potentially one sided mismatch and I just can not get excited about that, the best part of sport is when you are watching something where its very difficult to predict the winner

Because boxing, particularly where Mayweather is concerned, is where the real money is, not UFC.

This is a circus mate, and you know it. Under boxing rules, Floyd probably destroys him. MMA, then McGregor probably walks it. Then again, Connor has a lucky punch in him in boxing, while doesnt do much groundwork in MMA.

This whole "oh the better fighter will lose" is bollox. Theyre different sports. Its like sticking Messi at Outside Half for Argentina and then complaining that he gets smashed. Different sports, different disciplines. Both takes years and years to get world class at. You cant just switch over in a few weeks

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Connor v Mayweather on 14:42 - Jul 16 with 669 viewsjack247

Connor v Mayweather on 14:34 - Jul 16 by perplex

You realise it's an even bigger one sided mismatch under mma rules right?

Apparently he made $3m for the second Nate Diaz fight, stands to make the best part of $100m here. Not sure what Mayweather made against Pacquiaou, but I'd bet it blew any mma fight ever out of the water.

They are both happy with this as it makes the most money.
Connor v Mayweather on 14:56 - Jul 16 with 656 viewsswanjackal

Connor v Mayweather on 14:42 - Jul 16 by jack247

You realise it's an even bigger one sided mismatch under mma rules right?

Apparently he made $3m for the second Nate Diaz fight, stands to make the best part of $100m here. Not sure what Mayweather made against Pacquiaou, but I'd bet it blew any mma fight ever out of the water.

They are both happy with this as it makes the most money.

$230 million apparently he took home for not doing anything other than avoiding Pacquiao.

MMA does not have the history or prestige of boxing, thus it will take time for it to raise its profile, and also needs to break it's pay scale (Only max 20% of revenue of events used to pay fighters), its ppv deals to change to arrive there.

It's a long way off in its development to compare it, and may never reach the heights of boxing.

Connor v Mayweather on 14:58 - Jul 16 with 653 viewsPozuelosSideys

Connor v Mayweather on 14:56 - Jul 16 by swanjackal

$230 million apparently he took home for not doing anything other than avoiding Pacquiao.

MMA does not have the history or prestige of boxing, thus it will take time for it to raise its profile, and also needs to break it's pay scale (Only max 20% of revenue of events used to pay fighters), its ppv deals to change to arrive there.

It's a long way off in its development to compare it, and may never reach the heights of boxing.

Only 20% of revenue goes to fighters? Fack!!

Where does the rest of it go? Thats obscene!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Connor v Mayweather on 15:06 - Jul 16 with 646 viewsjack247

Connor v Mayweather on 14:56 - Jul 16 by swanjackal

Yes, it's a very young sport and I'm not comparing it to boxing in that way. I'm certainly not disrespecting it, I prefer watching it to boxing. Partly because it's more varied and partly because of the tendency to pit the top guys against each other.

I was just trying to explain to Perplex that a mma fight between these two wouldn't make sense.
Connor v Mayweather on 15:20 - Jul 16 with 637 viewsswanjackal

Connor v Mayweather on 15:06 - Jul 16 by jack247

Yes, it's a very young sport and I'm not comparing it to boxing in that way. I'm certainly not disrespecting it, I prefer watching it to boxing. Partly because it's more varied and partly because of the tendency to pit the top guys against each other.

I was just trying to explain to Perplex that a mma fight between these two wouldn't make sense.

I know, wasn't trying to school someone who I know likes the sport, was just having a contextual rant as I'm bored waiting for the undercard to begin in a couple of hours

I just watched the first Maidana and Mayweather fight again, and not only did Maidana rock Mayweather (albeit seconds before the bell of a round so Mayweather had time to recover), I would have been pissed if I was Maidana losing that.

Connor v Mayweather on 15:25 - Jul 16 with 636 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 14:38 - Jul 16 by PozuelosSideys

Because boxing, particularly where Mayweather is concerned, is where the real money is, not UFC.

This is a circus mate, and you know it. Under boxing rules, Floyd probably destroys him. MMA, then McGregor probably walks it. Then again, Connor has a lucky punch in him in boxing, while doesnt do much groundwork in MMA.

This whole "oh the better fighter will lose" is bollox. Theyre different sports. Its like sticking Messi at Outside Half for Argentina and then complaining that he gets smashed. Different sports, different disciplines. Both takes years and years to get world class at. You cant just switch over in a few weeks

Well there you go thanks for explaining there different sports, now can you imagine just one or maybe two disciplines added would that make you think now this is interesting, Mayweather being able to do what he`s best at whilst McGregor being allowed to do just one or two things at what he`s good at, now this evens things up a bit making the winner harder to call and making the bout far more interesting, and yes I know that`s not going to happen hence my original post.
Connor v Mayweather on 15:32 - Jul 16 with 630 viewsPozuelosSideys

Connor v Mayweather on 15:25 - Jul 16 by perplex

Well there you go thanks for explaining there different sports, now can you imagine just one or maybe two disciplines added would that make you think now this is interesting, Mayweather being able to do what he`s best at whilst McGregor being allowed to do just one or two things at what he`s good at, now this evens things up a bit making the winner harder to call and making the bout far more interesting, and yes I know that`s not going to happen hence my original post.

Woooosh

Connor v Mayweather on 15:33 - Jul 16 with 630 viewsperplex

Connor v Mayweather on 15:06 - Jul 16 by jack247

But I never said I wanted an MMA fight between the two what is the point in doing that we would be in the same boat which is a a one sided beat down, all I`m saying if people want to see an evenly matched bout between the two of them allow McGregor another discipline. and the only obstacle to that is Mayweather and who can blame him.
Connor v Mayweather on 15:41 - Jul 16 with 620 viewsperplex

Right I`m off to see that new Planet of the apes film, great debate tho guys, made a boring wet Sunday pass quicker.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 15:42]
Connor v Mayweather on 15:41 - Jul 16 with 619 viewsswanjackal

Connor v Mayweather on 14:58 - Jul 16 by PozuelosSideys

Only 20% of revenue goes to fighters? Fack!!

Where does the rest of it go? Thats obscene!

The organisation/promoters. This is why fighters feel under valued. That is also at best estimate, some lesser cards (due to the rigid pay/bonus structure based on fights within the UFC) see only about 12% of the revenue go to the fighters.

It's disgusting, especially after taking away earning potential of sponsorship for more established fighters by signing a uniform deal with Reebok, minimising income further.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 15:47]

Connor v Mayweather on 16:04 - Jul 16 with 610 viewsPozuelosSideys

Connor v Mayweather on 15:41 - Jul 16 by swanjackal

The organisation/promoters. This is why fighters feel under valued. That is also at best estimate, some lesser cards (due to the rigid pay/bonus structure based on fights within the UFC) see only about 12% of the revenue go to the fighters.

It's disgusting, especially after taking away earning potential of sponsorship for more established fighters by signing a uniform deal with Reebok, minimising income further.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 15:47]

Im genuinely suprised at that, and like you, pretty disgusted.

Without the fighters, the promoters have nothing. They are the ones who spend their lives training and putting it all on the line in what is a super dangerous sport. Fcking promoters, i cant stand them. Leeches

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024