Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? 23:40 - Jul 14 with 3602 viewshughesy2013

Swans are crying out for a player like this..some one who breaks up play but not frightened to put a foot in and then let the likes of mesa play! Who would u choose?
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 23:41 - Jul 14 with 3593 viewsSS2013

Ki ?

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 23:41 - Jul 14 with 3593 viewsPokerface

I guess when we were in lower leagues and not very good.

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 00:05 - Jul 15 with 3537 viewsjasper_T

Yeah let's buy some thugs to kick people about and play more percentage football.
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 00:13 - Jul 15 with 3518 viewshughesy2013

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 00:05 - Jul 15 by jasper_T

Yeah let's buy some thugs to kick people about and play more percentage football.

Not saying that Keane is the player I'm thinking of but could play too...someone of his type!
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 00:30 - Jul 15 with 3483 viewskarnataka

It was probably Ferrie Bodde but I'm sure I read somewhere that Mesa racked up quite a few yellows last season so maybe he's capable of mixing it when necessary.
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 00:53 - Jul 15 with 3444 viewsHalfBakedSwan

Leroy Fer

or Ki
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 07:55 - Jul 15 with 3312 viewsangryjack

Russell coughlin
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 07:59 - Jul 15 with 3297 viewsWhiterockin

The Evil Genius.
Login to get fewer ads

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 08:48 - Jul 15 with 3199 viewscentrestandswan

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 09:02 - Jul 15 with 3168 viewsjack247

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 07:59 - Jul 15 by Whiterockin

The Evil Genius.

Yep. At that level he also had a great football brain and a cracking passing range. I'd love us to find a PL equivalent to replace Cork.
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 09:41 - Jul 15 with 3095 viewsmax936

I've said it on here for the last few years, but the first player type that springs to mind for most is a Lee Cattermole type, which isn't what I mean, another Ferrie is exactly the player.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 09:42 - Jul 15 with 3093 viewsmax936

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 23:41 - Jul 14 by SS2013

Ki ?

I doubt he could tackle a good dinner.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 12:21 - Jul 15 with 2948 viewsItchySphincter

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 23:41 - Jul 14 by SS2013

Ki ?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 12:50 - Jul 15 with 2895 viewsgazza_1234

We just bought one? 14 yellow cards suggests to my Rocky takes no prisoners.
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 15:37 - Jul 15 with 2740 viewsTheFranchise

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 09:41 - Jul 15 by max936

I've said it on here for the last few years, but the first player type that springs to mind for most is a Lee Cattermole type, which isn't what I mean, another Ferrie is exactly the player.

To describe Bodde as a defensive midfielder is selling him short. He was much more of a complete midfielder.
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 16:33 - Jul 15 with 2690 viewsWhiterockin

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 15:37 - Jul 15 by TheFranchise

To describe Bodde as a defensive midfielder is selling him short. He was much more of a complete midfielder.

IMO he would have been brilliant in the Premier League, what would he be worth today.
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 16:40 - Jul 15 with 2681 viewsSospan_Fach

Maybe in the 80's but not now. They give yellow cards for cynical trips and celebrating goals these days, a nasty defensive midfielder has been replaced by a marathon runner (Kante style) to disrupt play. Wyndham Evans could have been converted to play DF, he would fight his granny for a throw -in.
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 21:48 - Jul 15 with 2502 viewsEasternJack

Martin Thomas

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 21:56 - Jul 15 with 2494 viewsZZoric

Bodde is the epitome of a proper Swans CM:
- highly football-intelligent
- strong, athletic
- a positive go-fwd mindset
- heads-up link player
- no-nonsense tackler
- the flair for an outrageous shot - from anywhere

We dont need nasty DM - we need a Bodde PL equivalent
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 21:58 - Jul 15 with 2480 viewsTheFranchise

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 21:56 - Jul 15 by ZZoric

Bodde is the epitome of a proper Swans CM:
- highly football-intelligent
- strong, athletic
- a positive go-fwd mindset
- heads-up link player
- no-nonsense tackler
- the flair for an outrageous shot - from anywhere

We dont need nasty DM - we need a Bodde PL equivalent

I still think he's the player I've enjoyed watching the most in our Liberty days.
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 22:11 - Jul 15 with 2461 viewsZZoric

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 21:58 - Jul 15 by TheFranchise

I still think he's the player I've enjoyed watching the most in our Liberty days.

agreed - and the balance btn Leon, Bodde and Pratley was exceptional

to the OP - its not about Nasty per se - its about balance

Leon / TC / Roque / Fer has potential if Fer is to up his intensity and longevity
When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 22:22 - Jul 15 with 2441 viewsJack_Meoff

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 21:58 - Jul 15 by TheFranchise

He was absolutely head and shoulders above anything in league 1 and also stood out in the championship. Such a bloody nothing challenge/situation by the west/family corner vs Birmingham that caused his injury too, very cruel was that.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 22:43 - Jul 15 with 2418 viewsKilkennyjack

When is the last time swans had a hard nasty defensive midfielder? on 16:40 - Jul 15 by Sospan_Fach

Maybe in the 80's but not now. They give yellow cards for cynical trips and celebrating goals these days, a nasty defensive midfielder has been replaced by a marathon runner (Kante style) to disrupt play. Wyndham Evans could have been converted to play DF, he would fight his granny for a throw -in.

Loved Wyndham, but he was a full back for good reason.

Great man as well.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024