Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread 16:05 - Jul 15 with 18801 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 15 Jul 2017 23:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 01:53 - Jul 16 with 2811 viewsPokerface

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 01:45 - Jul 16 by Groo

streams gone to crap

You are not missing much.

VDH poor.

End to end.

They are creating more chances.

Doomed. Lol

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 01:55 - Jul 16 with 2768 viewsmonmouth

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 01:53 - Jul 16 by TheKirkyLife

Montero just gives up. Extremely worrying.

So do I when he gets the ball.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:00 - Jul 16 with 2672 viewsjack2jack

Night all
The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:01 - Jul 16 with 2668 viewsCooperman

There you have it, deadlocked at two on the road.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:01 - Jul 16 with 2655 viewsCooperman

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:00 - Jul 16 by jack2jack

Night all

Y'all.

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:02 - Jul 16 with 2625 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:00 - Jul 16 by jack2jack

Night all

Sweet dreams lovely.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:02 - Jul 16 with 2618 viewsjack_lord

Those bloody commentators were doing my head in. We were clearly miles better than them but like Radio Wales are biased against us, they were up for their own team.

Wish we hadn't swapped the team half time just to get the rhythm going for the start of the season but hey ho, pre season.

American soccer is miles behind.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:04 - Jul 16 with 2583 viewsCooperman

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:02 - Jul 16 by jack_lord

Those bloody commentators were doing my head in. We were clearly miles better than them but like Radio Wales are biased against us, they were up for their own team.

Wish we hadn't swapped the team half time just to get the rhythm going for the start of the season but hey ho, pre season.

Just be thankful that we don't have to listen to that standard of commentary each week.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:05 - Jul 16 with 2555 viewsLoyal

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 01:44 - Jul 16 by Pokerface

In final 3rd last 10 mins is worrying.

They are league 2 at best.

I said that.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:07 - Jul 16 with 2509 viewsjack_lord

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:04 - Jul 16 by Cooperman

Just be thankful that we don't have to listen to that standard of commentary each week.

Amen to that.

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:07 - Jul 16 with 2499 viewsSmellyplumz

Hopefully they'll lose vdh up at bushkill falls.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:07 - Jul 16 with 2496 viewsgiantstoneater

Our wingers are poor lets be honest hardly a decent ball in all game.
The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:08 - Jul 16 with 2481 viewsCooperman

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:07 - Jul 16 by Smellyplumz

Hopefully they'll lose vdh up at bushkill falls.

And to think that we've sent Amat out on loan.

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:12 - Jul 16 with 2446 viewsPokerface

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:05 - Jul 16 by Loyal

I said that.

Glad you agree .

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:12 - Jul 16 with 2446 viewsWatchman

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 01:03 - Jul 16 by Libertarian

Decent first half after the first 10 minutes. Mesa does look useful doesn't he.

Anyone know what all the Game of Thrones references are all about for this game?

the new series of GoT premiers in US tomorrow

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:13 - Jul 16 with 2442 viewsjack_lord

Nos ta pawb, fi'n wedi blino, cymru am byth :)

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:15 - Jul 16 with 2427 viewsDJack

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:13 - Jul 16 by jack_lord

Nos ta pawb, fi'n wedi blino, cymru am byth :)

Just as long as you don't sing it...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:42 - Jul 16 with 2352 viewsJim8

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:02 - Jul 16 by jack_lord

Just a few points, totally knowing this is a pre-season friendly.

The Philly side was mainly their reserves. The keeper was making his first team debut, so were four other players. Two were regulars from the first team MLS squad....which is struggling this season. You want a bench mark for MLS, try playing against Seattle or Atlanta's first team, otherwise you just sound snobbish.

The commentators are the club's in house. MLS games are done by broadcasters from FOX (national or local affiliate) or ESPN.

National anthem was funny though. But at least she didn't sing God Save the Queen.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 2:45]
The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:45 - Jul 16 with 2346 viewsDJack

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:42 - Jul 16 by Jim8

Just a few points, totally knowing this is a pre-season friendly.

The Philly side was mainly their reserves. The keeper was making his first team debut, so were four other players. Two were regulars from the first team MLS squad....which is struggling this season. You want a bench mark for MLS, try playing against Seattle or Atlanta's first team, otherwise you just sound snobbish.

The commentators are the club's in house. MLS games are done by broadcasters from FOX (national or local affiliate) or ESPN.

National anthem was funny though. But at least she didn't sing God Save the Queen.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 2:45]

Thank you for your comments. We love a good bitching over here, it's how we roll.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 06:30 - Jul 16 with 2159 viewsbazzool

Just watched the game on replay and all i can say is CRAP MUN :-(
The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 08:27 - Jul 16 with 1918 viewsEasternJack

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 02:15 - Jul 16 by DJack

Just as long as you don't sing it...

There's a fiver for anyone who can upload that anthem to you tube - with subtitles

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 09:05 - Jul 16 with 1759 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 00:26 - Jul 16 by fbreath

We play in a uniform according to commentator. Never heard a football kit called that before

Bit before my time, but I believe this was our kit in the 50s.

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Jul 16 with 1615 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 06:30 - Jul 16 by bazzool

Just watched the game on replay and all i can say is CRAP MUN :-(

Let's not get too dispondent. We have only played Barnet prior to this game with a very weakened side. Yes the Union may not have been at full strength but they are match fit and halfway through their season. Had the first half team stayed on we would have won very comfortably regardless. The full second half team is very unlikely to see the light of day during this season with many playing bit parts.
There is a long way to go with injured players to come back and hopefully new recruits to come in. Still optimistic here....provided our recruitment team can do it's job which is still a concern for me.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 12:15]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 09:50 - Jul 16 with 1583 viewsSwan91

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Jul 16 by Private_Partz

Let's not get too dispondent. We have only played Barnet prior to this game with a very weakened side. Yes the Union may not have been at full strength but they are match fit and halfway through their season. Had the first half team stayed on we would have won very comfortably regardless. The full second half team is very unlikely to see the light of day during this season with many playing bit parts.
There is a long way to go with injured players to come back and hopefully new recruits to come in. Still optimistic here....provided our recruitment team can do it's job which is still a concern for me.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 12:15]

Agree if the first 11 played 90 mins.. we possibly would have won.. and the second 11, if they make any appearences.. it wont be like they.. it would be 1 or 2 of them with the better 11.

maybe 4 of the second team will make the first 11/subs bench (including GK).. We are also missing Llorente and Ki who would take places in those first slots. And then there is Abraham who I am guessing will feature more (don't see why we would loan him unless they know of his ability.

so alot of the players from that second 11 are realistically 3rd/4th choice players. So won't really feature in a competitive game.

positives..
The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 09:53 - Jul 16 with 1574 viewsTNT

The Official Philadelphia Union Versus Swansea City Pre-Season Matchday Thread on 09:05 - Jul 16 by LeonWasGod

Bit before my time, but I believe this was our kit in the 50s.

Ahhh yes! When uniform was uniform, back in the day - none of this kit nonsense.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024