Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are the pre-season friendlies going ? 02:11 - Jul 16 with 1502 viewsPokerface

How are the pre-season friendlies going ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 02:17 - Jul 16 with 1473 viewsSwan91

Like typical Pre-season games..... PC will know who he can use and if he needs new players.

I think we definitely need a winger (with montero being sold) and VDH replacement.

Barrow was ok.. but final third was pretty bad. If Llorente stays then I guess our wingers will be Ayew and Narsingh.. which is not that bad.. thought they were decent.
How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 02:19 - Jul 16 with 1471 viewsPokerface

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/Philadelp

I actually think our players earn more in a month than Philli players earn in a year. Embarrassing.

Lack of quality in attacking 3rd but especially our defensive 3rd is worrying. All over the shop.

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 16:09 - Jul 16 with 1246 viewsPokerface

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 02:19 - Jul 16 by Pokerface

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/Philadelp

I actually think our players earn more in a month than Philli players earn in a year. Embarrassing.

Lack of quality in attacking 3rd but especially our defensive 3rd is worrying. All over the shop.

When the friendlies were arranged, were these meant to be comfortable wins ?

Paul has probably learnt about our lack of strength in depth. More players out and more in ? Than just the 2 suggested.

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 16:19 - Jul 16 with 1232 viewsraynor94

Fitness is improving by the day, Abraham will now be available, can see a few more arriving, confident Clement will have us ready to go at Southampton, surely there should have been a overreaction option

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 16:46 - Jul 16 with 1193 viewsYossarian

Clement appeared very downbeat in his post match interview (admittedly the guy posing as a journalist was awful) but I think he's already showing signs of frustration at the lack of business being done. Didn't we all accept that there needed to be a clear out at the end of last season and quality brought in? Mesa for Cork was a good start- but much, much more needs to be done.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 17:47 - Jul 16 with 1150 viewsRancid

If we'd have won 7-0 I'd have felt no different.As has been said it's all about the fitness and I doubt the players go out to bust a gut and win the game but to Philly it was the biggest match of their history probably.
How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 19:30 - Jul 16 with 1068 viewsPokerface

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 17:47 - Jul 16 by Rancid

If we'd have won 7-0 I'd have felt no different.As has been said it's all about the fitness and I doubt the players go out to bust a gut and win the game but to Philly it was the biggest match of their history probably.

I think Clement, players and many fans would be feeling alot better if we had won 7-0 against same poor opposition.

Would have shown us to be more clinical in attack not so unorganised in defence.

I expect better performances and results in rest of tour. Would be a huge disappointment all around otherwise.

Lets build some momentum. Results do matter to players and managers. Wins show something is going right. Tactics / shape are working.

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 19:46 - Jul 16 with 1040 viewsplasjack

Overseas friendlies are mainly financial, the actual game is less frenetic and should be due to injuries that could occur. Bit similar to exhibition matches in all sports.
Login to get fewer ads

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 20:08 - Jul 16 with 983 viewsLandore_Jack

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 16:46 - Jul 16 by Yossarian

Clement appeared very downbeat in his post match interview (admittedly the guy posing as a journalist was awful) but I think he's already showing signs of frustration at the lack of business being done. Didn't we all accept that there needed to be a clear out at the end of last season and quality brought in? Mesa for Cork was a good start- but much, much more needs to be done.

Clement agreed with Jenkins that the squad does not need a major overhaul.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-clement-says-no-s

#backtojack

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 20:13 - Jul 16 with 971 viewsLandore_Jack

Does anybody know why we are playing two second tier teams? Surely, it would make sense to play teams from the MLS since the standards will be higher?

#backtojack

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 20:17 - Jul 16 with 957 viewsjack2jack

Think I said at the end of last season I was looking forward to PCs full season in charge,nothing has changed,but he needs the proper backing, and I believe,as we can all see,that there is a need to bring in a few more quality players,if this doesn't happen, I can see Mr Clement getting quite cross,quite quickly, hope the Mericans put their hands deep into their pockets, and soon.
How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 20:19 - Jul 16 with 952 viewsPozuelosSideys

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 20:13 - Jul 16 by Landore_Jack

Does anybody know why we are playing two second tier teams? Surely, it would make sense to play teams from the MLS since the standards will be higher?

MLS is in mid season

The team we played yesterday was basically a second string side from the conference below like you mentioned.

Dunno why people are papping their kegs for anyway. It was just a strole and a warm up. Zero intensity in these games.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 20:22 - Jul 16 with 934 viewsraynor94

How are the pre-season friendlies going ? on 20:13 - Jul 16 by Landore_Jack

Surely these games are to get up speed, and hopefully avoid injuries

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024