Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH 08:44 - Jul 16 with 2334 viewsmagicdaps10

Rubbish ain't he!!??

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

VDH on 09:49 - Jul 16 with 2229 viewsBorojack

He is not great Am at wanted first team football though so could not really stand in his way.
Be interesting to see if Bartley has improved after his loan at Leeds.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

VDH on 09:50 - Jul 16 with 2224 viewsPrivate_Partz

Looked pretty decent when he first came here. Has hardly had a look in since. Massively out of match practice imho so the jury is still out for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

VDH on 09:53 - Jul 16 with 2202 viewsmagicdaps10

I have got to the stage where I dont want to gamble on waiting and hoping a player is now good enough for the first team at 23/24.
Some players will develop at a later age but we need to ship these players with potential at these ages on. I would rather we get players in at 19/20 who are in the same category rather than persist with VDH/BARTLEY/BARROW.

VDH on 10:03 - Jul 16 with 2157 viewsraynor94

Well I have racked my brain, and I can't remember Vdh ever showing anything, time to move him back to Holland, but I think we will be hard pushed to get anyone to take him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

VDH on 10:05 - Jul 16 with 2140 viewsPrivate_Partz

VDH on 09:53 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

I have got to the stage where I dont want to gamble on waiting and hoping a player is now good enough for the first team at 23/24.
Some players will develop at a later age but we need to ship these players with potential at these ages on. I would rather we get players in at 19/20 who are in the same category rather than persist with VDH/BARTLEY/BARROW.

Fair comment but in my view there is no regular competetative reserve team football so players have real problems in getting match fit. The loan system seems the best way forward. Bartley may now have a role to play after his successful loan stint. Maybe VDH needs to go out. I have concerns about Barrow as he is not making waves even when out on loan. Montero is another one on the fringe due to his injuries. If we can sort out these and get him regularly in the first team then he can be a match winner. It is a big 'if' though. The danger is we move him on and he gets over his problems and the baby goes out with the bath water. It is a tough call when there is no regular games outside of the the u23s. The richer clubs have so much quality they can rotate. No such luxury for us as we do not have that depth if quality. ML did and amazing job in that respect.
We need a real reserve leagues in all four divisions. It need not be compulsory, and possibly the bottom two leagues could be combined, but it is long overdue.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 10:07]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

VDH on 10:05 - Jul 16 with 2140 viewsFlashberryjack

VDH on 09:50 - Jul 16 by Private_Partz

Looked pretty decent when he first came here. Has hardly had a look in since. Massively out of match practice imho so the jury is still out for me.

"Looked pretty decent" ?

Looked pretty awful from the start to me, but there you go, just my opinion.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

VDH on 10:11 - Jul 16 with 2107 views34dfgdf54

VDH on 10:05 - Jul 16 by Private_Partz

Fair comment but in my view there is no regular competetative reserve team football so players have real problems in getting match fit. The loan system seems the best way forward. Bartley may now have a role to play after his successful loan stint. Maybe VDH needs to go out. I have concerns about Barrow as he is not making waves even when out on loan. Montero is another one on the fringe due to his injuries. If we can sort out these and get him regularly in the first team then he can be a match winner. It is a big 'if' though. The danger is we move him on and he gets over his problems and the baby goes out with the bath water. It is a tough call when there is no regular games outside of the the u23s. The richer clubs have so much quality they can rotate. No such luxury for us as we do not have that depth if quality. ML did and amazing job in that respect.
We need a real reserve leagues in all four divisions. It need not be compulsory, and possibly the bottom two leagues could be combined, but it is long overdue.

I'd definitely be moving Barrow on, just hasn't done it with us or on loan in the Championship. Keeping Montero all depends if he can keep fit, at present it doesn't look like it's going to happen to be honest.
VDH on 10:11 - Jul 16 with 2106 viewsPrivate_Partz

VDH on 10:05 - Jul 16 by Flashberryjack

"Looked pretty decent" ?

Looked pretty awful from the start to me, but there you go, just my opinion.

At the start I thought he showed promise and he has not had much opportunity since. Franc T looked the pick of our signings at the start when viewed in the friendlies. Unfortunately lack of opportunity and what was going on between his ears was his undoing.
Anyone know what has happened to him and Eder?

Login to get fewer ads

VDH on 10:12 - Jul 16 with 2104 viewscostalotta

And to think that someone thought he was worth the 1.5m we paid!
VDH on 10:16 - Jul 16 with 2081 viewsraynor94

VDH on 10:05 - Jul 16 by Private_Partz

Seriously Partzy, how long can you keep defending these waste of space, Barrow is gash as his time at Leeds showed, Montero just doesn't want to know, dread to think what he has cost in wages, Vdh was in my previous post.

Clement has a big job trying to find somebody gullible enough to take them, not to mention Grimes and Dyer!

VDH on 10:24 - Jul 16 with 2034 viewsYossarian

VDH on 10:16 - Jul 16 by raynor94

Seriously Partzy, how long can you keep defending these waste of space, Barrow is gash as his time at Leeds showed, Montero just doesn't want to know, dread to think what he has cost in wages, Vdh was in my previous post.

Clement has a big job trying to find somebody gullible enough to take them, not to mention Grimes and Dyer!

I was with you until you included Dyer. He's had a tough time personally and professionally over the last 18months but he was on his way back and in the first team for the Leicester game when he was cruelly injured. Clement clearly sees something in him and that view is good enough for me. Nathan Dyer did as much as anyone to get us and keep us in the PL (and give us unprecedented success in cup competitions) and he wouldn't have gone on loan by choice- perhaps he deserves a bit more time, unlike Barrow and Montero who have flattered to deceive and conned a living out of us for a few years....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

VDH on 10:25 - Jul 16 with 2026 viewsDr_Winston

VDH on 10:24 - Jul 16 by Yossarian

I was with you until you included Dyer. He's had a tough time personally and professionally over the last 18months but he was on his way back and in the first team for the Leicester game when he was cruelly injured. Clement clearly sees something in him and that view is good enough for me. Nathan Dyer did as much as anyone to get us and keep us in the PL (and give us unprecedented success in cup competitions) and he wouldn't have gone on loan by choice- perhaps he deserves a bit more time, unlike Barrow and Montero who have flattered to deceive and conned a living out of us for a few years....

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

VDH on 10:39 - Jul 16 with 1947 viewspencoedjack

VDH on 10:24 - Jul 16 by Yossarian

Are you forgetting how awful Dyer was prior to being loaned out to Leicester were he made a few bit performances ?

Bartley
Dyer
VDH
Grimes
Barrow

Etc

Should be no where near the 1st team squad
VDH on 10:45 - Jul 16 with 1919 viewsYossarian

VDH on 10:39 - Jul 16 by pencoedjack

Are you forgetting how awful Dyer was prior to being loaned out to Leicester were he made a few bit performances ?

Bartley
Dyer
VDH
Grimes
Barrow

Etc

Should be no where near the 1st team squad

I think you'll find I tactfully covered that.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

VDH on 11:47 - Jul 16 with 1802 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well I don't think I am defending Barrow. I think he could easily go. Montero is a form player. Such players take time to get up to speed and he has not because of his injuries. I would give him another go this season but if he breaks down again then it will be time to go. Grimes has been on loan and like Barrow has not torn up trees anywhere. I would think he needs to go. Dyer? Always turned in a decent shift for the club. Rumour has it he left for reasons other than football and since returning has suffered with a serious injury. I think he dererves a chance like Montero. This could also mean going out on loan in relation to either of them.
Don't get me wrong we need to have our first team squad sorted but we should not rule out the loan system to get certain players up to speed. Getting rid is not always the best option.

VDH on 11:56 - Jul 16 with 1766 viewsraynor94

VDH on 11:47 - Jul 16 by Private_Partz

Well I don't think I am defending Barrow. I think he could easily go. Montero is a form player. Such players take time to get up to speed and he has not because of his injuries. I would give him another go this season but if he breaks down again then it will be time to go. Grimes has been on loan and like Barrow has not torn up trees anywhere. I would think he needs to go. Dyer? Always turned in a decent shift for the club. Rumour has it he left for reasons other than football and since returning has suffered with a serious injury. I think he dererves a chance like Montero. This could also mean going out on loan in relation to either of them.
Don't get me wrong we need to have our first team squad sorted but we should not rule out the loan system to get certain players up to speed. Getting rid is not always the best option.

It is for the wage bill, I dread to think how much we are paying out on players who have little or no chance of making the matchday squad

VDH on 12:05 - Jul 16 with 1742 viewsPrivate_Partz

VDH on 11:56 - Jul 16 by raynor94

It is for the wage bill, I dread to think how much we are paying out on players who have little or no chance of making the matchday squad

I am not saying we would not take a hit and there is no reason that both cannot be done in tandem. This is Swansea City however and Improving the squad has to be the priority though.
The biggest financial hit we have taken is when we needlessly fired a manager, brought in a complete numpty, and then had to pay compo to both. This was compounded by both the Monk and ML situations.

VDH on 12:11 - Jul 16 with 1708 viewsSS2013

Yep should be playing in the championship

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

VDH on 13:45 - Jul 16 with 1558 viewsFlashberryjack

Just been speaking to a Leeds supporter, he reckons Grimes is absolutely crap, and wanted to know how much we payed for him, I couldn't remember.

How much did we pay for him ???

Hello

VDH on 14:59 - Jul 16 with 1422 viewsforkbeard

VDH on 13:45 - Jul 16 by Flashberryjack

Just been speaking to a Leeds supporter, he reckons Grimes is absolutely crap, and wanted to know how much we payed for him, I couldn't remember.

How much did we pay for him ???

£1.75m
VDH on 15:28 - Jul 16 with 1374 viewsFlashberryjack

VDH on 14:59 - Jul 16 by forkbeard

£1.75m

Wow! what a f&cking waste. The Leeds fan will be surprised when I tell him later, he reckons he's 2nd division at best, or even non league.

Hello

VDH on 15:35 - Jul 16 with 1356 viewsmagicdaps10

Big step up for Grimes from league two to Championship, let alone premier league.

He needs a big season this upcoming season, this will have a bearing on whether he kicks on as a premier league footballer. I think he will stay with us this season as a squad player so there will be opportunities for him but he has to stand up and be counted.

VDH on 16:05 - Jul 16 with 1305 viewsSwanseaisgreat

VDH on 15:28 - Jul 16 by Flashberryjack

Wow! what a f&cking waste. The Leeds fan will be surprised when I tell him later, he reckons he's 2nd division at best, or even non league.

Grimes was captain of England U-20 team.
At Exeter he was first team and scoring from age 18.

Agree he has shown nothing since though!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 16:05]
VDH on 16:31 - Jul 16 with 1249 viewsLoyal

VDH on 15:28 - Jul 16 by Flashberryjack

Grimes is under the influence of his mother big time, she is living off his perceived talent and genuinely believes he is premier league. Made a lot of fuss when he was at Leeds, hardly enhances a lads chances when outside influences affect your judgement and you try to live up to it.

Apparently Monk wasn't happy with the situation at all. Mind you kettle, pot, black when he was at Swansea with his external influences.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

VDH on 16:37 - Jul 16 with 1242 viewsjasper_T

VDH on 16:05 - Jul 16 by Swanseaisgreat

Grimes was captain of England U-20 team.
At Exeter he was first team and scoring from age 18.

Agree he has shown nothing since though!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 16:05]

England u20s aka the u21s b-team. Means nothing.

I said vdH was crap when we bought him. But according to some on here we can't judge until we've seen them in a Swansea shirt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024