Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season 09:21 - Jul 16 with 3493 viewsBorojack

I am presuming it will a right back and a winger.
Looks like Sigurdsson will be gone soon.
So hopefully that will be a minimum of 3.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:48 - Jul 16 with 3329 viewsmagicdaps10

Right back and Centre half is a must at present.

Right back to compete for starting berth with Naughton.
Centre half to push Alfie and Fede, got help us if either get injured. One of Bartley or VDH needes to move in with one taking up the 4th choice berth.

I would like to see another striker in but think we should be ok with Llorente,Abraham and Ayew.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:53 - Jul 16 with 3289 viewsPrivate_Partz

Hope this one is not Deja Vu. How many times have we heard a manager saying we need two or three more players at this stage of the season and then Jenkins and Co fail to deliver.......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:55 - Jul 16 with 3271 viewsSwan91

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:48 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

Centre half to push Alfie and Fede, got help us if either get injured. One of Bartley or VDH needes to move in with one taking up the 4th choice berth.

I would like to see another striker in but think we should be ok with Llorente,Abraham and Ayew.

I think it will be RB and replacement for Gylfi (attack minded midfielder)

CB will be fede/Mawson.. with BArtley coming on as 3rd choice if needed... I think PC would be happy with what he says from Kyle so far. And I think he would be a good 3rd choice... we won't get a better 3rd choice.

Ideally though I would loan VDH out and sign Badstuber.... but thats just me.
Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:55 - Jul 16 with 3265 viewstylagarwjack

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:48 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

I don't know if we're going to play with wingers but we have 5 in the squad so I presume they will feature in some way, but I think we need an upgrade on Montero and Barrow. It would obviously be a one in one out situation though.

As someone else said on another thread we have plenty of players but we just are light on real quality.
Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:57 - Jul 16 with 3243 viewsBorojack

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:53 - Jul 16 by Private_Partz

Hope this one is not Deja Vu. How many times have we heard a manager saying we need two or three more players at this stage of the season and then Jenkins and Co fail to deliver.......

Yes just hope we don't fall into the same trap as last season when we lost Williams and Ayew in quick succession.
Really hope the same doesn't happen with Sigurdsson and Llorente if they go so be it but they need replacing and not with rubbish.

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:02 - Jul 16 with 3183 viewsLeonWasGod

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:55 - Jul 16 by Swan91

I think it will be RB and replacement for Gylfi (attack minded midfielder)

CB will be fede/Mawson.. with BArtley coming on as 3rd choice if needed... I think PC would be happy with what he says from Kyle so far. And I think he would be a good 3rd choice... we won't get a better 3rd choice.

Ideally though I would loan VDH out and sign Badstuber.... but thats just me.

Fede and Alfie are barely good enough. The though of either getting injured and Bartley coming in for any length of time gives me the heebie jeebies.

We scraped through by the skin of our teeth last season. And even under Clem if we weren't 100% focussed we struggled. Could be a long season again...
Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:02 - Jul 16 with 3184 views34dfgdf54

Two players even with Siggy leaving?

No way, we need more than that, replacement for him for one. Not seen the interview though so shouldn't really comment.
Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:10 - Jul 16 with 3139 viewsBorojack

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:02 - Jul 16 by 34dfgdf54

Two players even with Siggy leaving?

No way, we need more than that, replacement for him for one. Not seen the interview though so shouldn't really comment.

The article is from Wales on Line it wasn't all that clear so not sure if he meant 2 if nobody else goes or 2 including the Sigurdsson replacement.

Login to get fewer ads

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:47 - Jul 16 with 2979 viewsYossarian

We need more than that- why is all this business being done so late- we've had a whole close season to get this right and we're making the same mistakes as we did last season ffs!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:51 - Jul 16 with 2946 viewsLeonWasGod

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:47 - Jul 16 by Yossarian

We need more than that- why is all this business being done so late- we've had a whole close season to get this right and we're making the same mistakes as we did last season ffs!

Not saying I disagree, but it's fairly normal for most teams. For all sorts of reasons - need to get players out first, players/agents stalling for better offers, teams working out squads before letting others go on loan, etc.

It's not ideal, but it's what it is. But yep, we've got a lot of work to do on this squad.
Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:58 - Jul 16 with 2893 viewsYossarian

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:51 - Jul 16 by LeonWasGod

Not saying I disagree, but it's fairly normal for most teams. For all sorts of reasons - need to get players out first, players/agents stalling for better offers, teams working out squads before letting others go on loan, etc.

It's not ideal, but it's what it is. But yep, we've got a lot of work to do on this squad.

Yeah, you would have thought we'd have really pushed to get our business done early but that seems too risky for some. We were nearly sunk when we lost Ash and Ayew and were forced to respond to clubs tapping our players in cohorts with greedy agents who could advise them on the clauses in contracts that made some late deals possible. We know that Suggs signed a 3 year deal but you'd have to be terminally stupid to ignore the fact that this deal must have some clauses we are not aware of. It seems to me that however understanding we want to be, lessons have not been learned.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 11:00 - Jul 16 with 2878 viewsYossarian

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 10:58 - Jul 16 by Yossarian

Yeah, you would have thought we'd have really pushed to get our business done early but that seems too risky for some. We were nearly sunk when we lost Ash and Ayew and were forced to respond to clubs tapping our players in cohorts with greedy agents who could advise them on the clauses in contracts that made some late deals possible. We know that Suggs signed a 3 year deal but you'd have to be terminally stupid to ignore the fact that this deal must have some clauses we are not aware of. It seems to me that however understanding we want to be, lessons have not been learned.

Siggy- ffs

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 11:00 - Jul 16 with 2874 viewsraynor94

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 09:53 - Jul 16 by Private_Partz

People need to be got out first, there's far to much mediocrity in the squad

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 11:56 - Jul 16 with 2615 viewsPrivate_Partz

Clement hoping to bring in 2 before start of the season on 11:00 - Jul 16 by raynor94

People need to be got out first, there's far to much mediocrity in the squad

Cant wait for that . We need to be sourcing players to come in if Siggy and Llorente leave. We also need to be in a position to immediately bring in players who are going to improve the squad. We are already into pre season. We don't want another situation that Frankie was in when, due to a poor and late window, he had to get a squad up to speed in real time.
The players we are talking about are not breaking the bank wages wise. We can get rid, or loan out, at our leisure. It is all about priorities for me.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 11:57]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024