Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95546 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:01 - Jul 17 with 2313 viewsJackSomething

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:48 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

But we can pay that amount every time is my point.

The choice isnt buy an older play or dont buy anyone at all. We have a load of money at the moment, we hold all the cards to get a player to fit the bill. I refuse to accept that a 24/25 year old is unable to hit the ground running and a 27/28 year old can.

We can sign a replacement for Gylfi of excellent quality and experience to hit the ground running with enough resale value to be able to replace him with another £30m player on his departure, do the same when he leaves, then when he leave and so on and so forth.

If this is a one off fee to replace Gylfi then we are resigning ourselves to the fact that Viera is as good as it gets, when he leaves then we are looking to replace him on a budget. I assure you we will not be making a lot of profit off the back of the TV money alone to fund a transfer budget that we currently now have the opportunity to continue to have for a very long time.

Having a load of money doesn't mean we hold all the cards. It means selling clubs know they can gouge us on the price (even more than PL clubs are already being gouged).

IF we are interested in Vieira, the fact he has a release clause and Las Palmas can't try to squeeze more money out of us is probably an attractive factor for the club.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:05 - Jul 17 with 2286 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:58 - Jul 17 by JackSomething

If you move the Pedro situation to this summer, he'd cost a lot more than £21m, so the example is facile.

In the summer of 2015, the 24 year old England international fullback Nathaniel Clyne cost Liverpool £12.5m. This summer the 27 year old England international fullback Kyle Walker cost Man City an initial £45m.

Now Walker is probably a better player, was playing for a better club before moving and has more England caps, but he would no way have moved for £45m two years ago.

I think some of your argument has merit, but you're refusing to admit the transfer market has moved on.

I disagree. You are talking about UK to UK transfers. We have all received more money so naturally the value of money decreases in a sense and pushes our commodities (players) higher.

The likes of Spain, Germany, Italy have not received anywhere near the funds we have. So while you may argue they will charge more, they also need the money more so will more than likely still settle on a reasonable fee.

If Pedro (only 2 years ago) was in todays market then you may be looking at 20%-25% more, thats pushing it if you ask me. That still falls into the amount we seem happy to pay for Viera.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:07 - Jul 17 with 2272 viewsdameedna

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:41 - Jul 17 by AussieSwan

What about somebody like a Marco Asensio? Looked class at the U21 Euros and scored in the Champions League final

Don't know much about him or Suarez so no idea what fee he'd command but I'd say he'd be looking for more opportunities. Clement and his Real Madrid links could work in our favour there

Same ball park probs a bit more as a couple of years younger.
None of them would choose Swansea but Stoke have proved that is no problem if the terms are attractive.
Both would be upgrades on Viera abd are abvioys and high profile replacements with a little more pace than Gylfi.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:08 - Jul 17 with 2271 viewsMoscowJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:10 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

I am happy with Pedro as an example of the type of player £21m gets you. Players contracts are running out all the time, it is not a situation unique to Pedro. Whether he would have gone to us is another thing, but it does beg the question why you would be happy to spend £27m on someone we all think is attainable when you also realise that £21m gets a player deemed to have too much quality to even consider joining us doesnt it. Doesnt make sense to me.

Only a certain number of clubs were able to (a) match his wages and (b) offer him Champions League football. Also, he wasn't a regular starter for club or country. He started only 15 games in all competitions and Suarez/Neymar were keeping him out of the starting line up in the League and CL.

Barca also let him go relatively cheap because he stayed one extra season when they needed him to. They repaid that loyalty with a cheaper move to the club of his choice. They're just a few reasons that he went cheaply, but even so, £21m then is more like £50m now. Just look at the prices for players like Eric Dier, Kyle Walker, etc. It's mental. Who would have thought Jack Cork was worth £10m of anyone's money?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:10 - Jul 17 with 2244 viewsMoscowJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:41 - Jul 17 by AussieSwan

What about somebody like a Marco Asensio? Looked class at the U21 Euros and scored in the Champions League final

Don't know much about him or Suarez so no idea what fee he'd command but I'd say he'd be looking for more opportunities. Clement and his Real Madrid links could work in our favour there

There's absoltely no way Asensio or Suarez would come to us, especially Asensio. He's destined for huge things.

Both would be in the £50m+ categories too.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:12 - Jul 17 with 2233 viewsdobjack2

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:26 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

I understand that, but I just dont see the correlation in buying someone for mega money with no sell on being able to hit the ground running, and someone with bags of sell on value not being able to.

I go back to Davy Klaasen. Why is he less likely to hit the ground running than someone like Viera? He has much better pedigree, played on the world stage, has been a consistent performer for years and known worldwide for his talents.

he was £23.6m.

I'm not specifically talking about viera but a sigurdsson replacement. No good talking about Klassen he has gone. Everton offered a price his club were willing to accept. It appears we have been quoted a price for viera presumably Everton have been quoted a price for sigurdsson

My point is that if sigurdsson goes we need a here and now replacement. If we could get someone a couple of years younger than viera for £20 -£25 million who ticks all of our boxes that would be brilliant. But it is a limited market with a number of clubs who pay higher wages than us looking for the same type of player or player.

If you need something from a shop and what is there costs more than you would like to pay you have choices:

Buy it because you need it
Go looking elsewhere and hope that you can get something similar for less (in the meantime you have to make do without it)
Hope you can get by long term without it.

If sigurdsson goes in my view we need a replacement or we get relegated. Ideally I would want to spend no more than half the transfer fee on a replacement and preferably a replacement with good sell on value.

You can't always get what you want but if you try sometimes well you just might find that you get what you need.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:14 - Jul 17 with 2226 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:08 - Jul 17 by MoscowJack

Only a certain number of clubs were able to (a) match his wages and (b) offer him Champions League football. Also, he wasn't a regular starter for club or country. He started only 15 games in all competitions and Suarez/Neymar were keeping him out of the starting line up in the League and CL.

Barca also let him go relatively cheap because he stayed one extra season when they needed him to. They repaid that loyalty with a cheaper move to the club of his choice. They're just a few reasons that he went cheaply, but even so, £21m then is more like £50m now. Just look at the prices for players like Eric Dier, Kyle Walker, etc. It's mental. Who would have thought Jack Cork was worth £10m of anyone's money?

Again you are making the mistake of quoting Englands prices. England does not represent the European market, it simply represents its own. Its absurd. I dont advocate that we should look in England to replace Siggy.

Yep we wouldn't have been able to get Pedro I accept that, but the example is there that someone of his quality is available for £21m, someone of Klaasens is available for £23m....

You wont be seeing average/decent right backs going for £50m in Spain I assure you.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:15 - Jul 17 with 2218 viewsJackSomething

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:05 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

I disagree. You are talking about UK to UK transfers. We have all received more money so naturally the value of money decreases in a sense and pushes our commodities (players) higher.

The likes of Spain, Germany, Italy have not received anywhere near the funds we have. So while you may argue they will charge more, they also need the money more so will more than likely still settle on a reasonable fee.

If Pedro (only 2 years ago) was in todays market then you may be looking at 20%-25% more, thats pushing it if you ask me. That still falls into the amount we seem happy to pay for Viera.

How about Georgino Wijnaldum? Moved from PSV to Newcastle for £14.5m. A midfielder who was 24 and had just over 20 caps and 3 goals for Netherlands.

Davy Klaassen is 24, has 14 caps and 4 goals, just cost Everton £23.6m.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:20 - Jul 17 with 2194 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:15 - Jul 17 by JackSomething

How about Georgino Wijnaldum? Moved from PSV to Newcastle for £14.5m. A midfielder who was 24 and had just over 20 caps and 3 goals for Netherlands.

Davy Klaassen is 24, has 14 caps and 4 goals, just cost Everton £23.6m.

Davy Klaasen is far more renowned than Wijnaldum was but I think with the difference in player that probably does represent a 20% - 25% increase. I think if Newcastle were to make the gamble on Wijnaldum today then it may have cost then £17m or so.

Prices in Europe certainly have no where near inflated to the extend England have, meaning the market is currently not growing as fast as our inflated income, so we do hold the cards when it comes to European signings.

£30m would go a very very very long way in securing one of the top talents around.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:40 - Jul 17 with 2117 viewsE20Jack

Rafinha

Barcelona are not desperate to sell him, but they are willing to let him go for two reasons. The first reason is that the Brazil international wants regular football ahead of next summer's World Cup, something that new coach Ernesto Valverde can't promise. The second reason is that like Turan, they could do with the money he could generate to spend on a right-back or a deeper-lying midfielder.

Rafinha, 24, may benefit from a fresh start, too -- something his brother Thiago got by moving to Bayern Munich in 2013. Injuries have constantly disrupted his time with Barcelona's first team, and even under Luis Enrique, a coach with whom he has a special relationship, he has struggled to hold down a regular starting spot.

The problem, though, is finding a buyer. Juventus have been linked, but they're unlikely to pay the €30m Barca reportedly want. On Thursday, his father and agent, former Brazil international Mazinho, was seen holding talks with Valencia, but they won't be able to get anywhere near the asking price.

(copy and paste btw. The likes of Arda Turan and Rafinha are being sold for similar prices to what Las Palmas want for Viera, the quality is out there. We just need to attract it.)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 14:43]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:45 - Jul 17 with 2080 viewsE20Jack

Just noticed Arda Turan is 30.

scrap that.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 14:46]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:07 - Jul 17 with 1970 viewshobo

hmm Rafinha, a guy who's been capped at all levels for Brazil......or Jonathan Viera
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:20 - Jul 17 with 1921 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:10 - Jul 17 by MoscowJack

There's absoltely no way Asensio or Suarez would come to us, especially Asensio. He's destined for huge things.

Both would be in the £50m+ categories too.

Exactly...

See Mbappe.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:23 - Jul 17 with 1899 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:07 - Jul 17 by hobo

hmm Rafinha, a guy who's been capped at all levels for Brazil......or Jonathan Viera

Scored 6 in 18 appearances too for Barca last season.

Again this is someone I doubt we will be able to attract, but I am just making the point that we shouldnt be paying the same price for someone like Rafinha for someone that we all recognise is probably an inferior player, just because he will go to us.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 15:34]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 1885 views34dfgdf54

Everton and Newcastle join the race for him...

I still have a feeling this Siggy deal isn't happening..
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:40 - Jul 17 with 1843 viewstomdickharry

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:25 - Jul 17 by 34dfgdf54

You may very well be right,all gone very quiet after the initial hysteria.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:48 - Jul 17 with 1806 viewsdobjack2

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:40 - Jul 17 by tomdickharry

You may very well be right,all gone very quiet after the initial hysteria.

It won't happen if we can't get a suitable replacement
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:58 - Jul 17 with 1749 viewsBirchgrovejack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:25 - Jul 17 by 34dfgdf54

I keep thinking(hoping) this too. But I then think why isnt he on a plane to the US by now
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:05 - Jul 17 with 1713 viewsraynor94

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:58 - Jul 17 by Birchgrovejack

I keep thinking(hoping) this too. But I then think why isnt he on a plane to the US by now

I really can't see any comeback for Gylfi, let's be honest here he has refused to play, it's just a matter of time before the deal gets done, it's nice to see Leicester have put a spanner in the works for Everton though

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:37 - Jul 17 with 1618 viewstomdickharry

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:48 - Jul 17 by dobjack2

It won't happen if we can't get a suitable replacement

There isn't one other than perhaps Ericsson of Spurs,wouldn't it be unsurprising if Barclay signed a new contract at Everton and they shelved the Siggy interest.Doesn't seem there is a long list of clubs interested in him (Siggy) and certainly not at £50M.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:42 - Jul 17 with 1587 viewsunion_jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:05 - Jul 17 by raynor94

I really can't see any comeback for Gylfi, let's be honest here he has refused to play, it's just a matter of time before the deal gets done, it's nice to see Leicester have put a spanner in the works for Everton though

After refusing to go on the tour, there's definitely no future here for him I agree.

I had heard that he is happy here though and is looking to buy on Gower. I'm not convinced by that though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:51 - Jul 17 with 1548 views34dfgdf54

Everton allegedly ready to activate Viera's release clause of €30mill. If true they've cooled interest in Siggy surely. He will feel very awkward indeed now.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:56 - Jul 17 with 1515 viewsnantywatcher

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:51 - Jul 17 by 34dfgdf54

Everton allegedly ready to activate Viera's release clause of €30mill. If true they've cooled interest in Siggy surely. He will feel very awkward indeed now.

Everton need to speak to E20Jack!
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:59 - Jul 17 with 1498 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:56 - Jul 17 by nantywatcher

And Koeman needs to recruit hobo into his scouting team before it's too late.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:06 - Jul 17 with 1462 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:56 - Jul 17 by nantywatcher

Everton are an incredibly rich side that dont care about sell on fees, they arent spending their own money.

To even think we are in the same bracket is ludicrous.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024