Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95557 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:10 - Jul 17 with 3087 viewsPozuelosSideys

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:51 - Jul 17 by 34dfgdf54

Everton allegedly ready to activate Viera's release clause of €30mill. If true they've cooled interest in Siggy surely. He will feel very awkward indeed now.

Not sure i buy this.

The attraction for other teams with Gylfi is his set piece work. Its world class. Most other teams dont have somebody like that, im pretty sure Everton dont either

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:11 - Jul 17 with 3081 viewsSwanjaxs

Everton allegedly ready to activate Viera's release clause of €30mill. If true they've cooled interest in Siggy surely. He will feel very awkward indeed now.

Well here's the thing... even if Everton decide to look elsewhere, still look to move Sigurdsson on to Leicester or whoever else will buy him, either way his time is up in SA1

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:12 - Jul 17 with 3071 viewshobo

Where did you read that?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:14 - Jul 17 with 3044 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:12 - Jul 17 by hobo

Where did you read that?

Las Palmas fan on twitter and Marca reporting it.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:15 - Jul 17 with 3036 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:12 - Jul 17 by hobo

Where did you read that?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:16 - Jul 17 with 3035 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:11 - Jul 17 by Swanjaxs

Well here's the thing... even if Everton decide to look elsewhere, still look to move Sigurdsson on to Leicester or whoever else will buy him, either way his time is up in SA1

Hes 14/1 to stay at Swansea for a reason. He is leaving, thats for sure.

I would imagine Leicester are most certainly not out of the running now though. A slightly improved bid from £40m and he will probably be allowed to leave.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:19 - Jul 17 with 3012 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:15 - Jul 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

Cheers. I still think it's Las Palmas trying to drum up interest
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:22 - Jul 17 with 2991 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:19 - Jul 17 by hobo

Possibly

If we wanted him badly we would have stumped up the cash, but it hinges on Siggy deal I suppose.
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:10 - Jul 17 with 2818 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:19 - Jul 17 by hobo

I don't get how his price has shot up from 900k to 26 million.
Must have had hell of a season.
But then again we paid 2 million for Michu and were then quoting Arsenal close on 40 million.
It's a strange one though.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:14 - Jul 17 with 2788 viewsE20Jack

Newcastle United, Everton and Swansea City are reportedly interested in Las Palmas attacker Jonathan Viera.

Anyone who has watched La Liga regularly over the last two seasons will know that Jonathan Viera is a joy to behold on top form. Diminutive, creative and capable of producing something out of very little, if Las Palmas are Spain’s ‘Great Entertainers’ then Viera is their impish choreographer.

It’s no wonder that the 27-year-old has attracted interest from clubs outside of his Canary Island home. In fact, the only surprise is that it took this long for Viera to find himself at the centre of a tug of war involving not two but three Premier League sides.

Canarias 7 reports that Swansea City have had a bid rejected while Wales Online claim that Newcastle United and Everton are also expressing an interest.

Statistically, Viera had an impressive campaign with seven goals and seven assists while his dazzling display in the 3-3 draw with Real Madrid in March was one of the finest individual performances in La Liga last season.

On paper, then, Viera is exactly the kind of player Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez has been crying out for. A reliable goalscorer but a creator in equal measure, the former Spain Under-21 international could be the perfect number 10 for his system.

The problem, however, is how much it would take to lure Viera from Las Palmas. Canarias 7 reports that he has a £26.3 million buyout clause in his contract, meaning he would comfortably shatter Newcastle’s transfer record.

Viera is a good player but, even in the madcap market of the Premier League, he’s not quite that good. For £26.3 million, Newcastle would want a forward capable of hitting double figures but he’s only managed that once in his entire top flight career.

Therefore, although Benitez is clearly frustrated and desperate to get deals over the line, it’s difficult to imagine him convincing owner Mike Ashley to part with £26.3 million for Viera.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:36 - Jul 17 with 2702 viewsWhiterockin

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:14 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

Newcastle United, Everton and Swansea City are reportedly interested in Las Palmas attacker Jonathan Viera.

Anyone who has watched La Liga regularly over the last two seasons will know that Jonathan Viera is a joy to behold on top form. Diminutive, creative and capable of producing something out of very little, if Las Palmas are Spain’s ‘Great Entertainers’ then Viera is their impish choreographer.

It’s no wonder that the 27-year-old has attracted interest from clubs outside of his Canary Island home. In fact, the only surprise is that it took this long for Viera to find himself at the centre of a tug of war involving not two but three Premier League sides.

Canarias 7 reports that Swansea City have had a bid rejected while Wales Online claim that Newcastle United and Everton are also expressing an interest.

Statistically, Viera had an impressive campaign with seven goals and seven assists while his dazzling display in the 3-3 draw with Real Madrid in March was one of the finest individual performances in La Liga last season.

On paper, then, Viera is exactly the kind of player Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez has been crying out for. A reliable goalscorer but a creator in equal measure, the former Spain Under-21 international could be the perfect number 10 for his system.

The problem, however, is how much it would take to lure Viera from Las Palmas. Canarias 7 reports that he has a £26.3 million buyout clause in his contract, meaning he would comfortably shatter Newcastle’s transfer record.

Viera is a good player but, even in the madcap market of the Premier League, he’s not quite that good. For £26.3 million, Newcastle would want a forward capable of hitting double figures but he’s only managed that once in his entire top flight career.

Therefore, although Benitez is clearly frustrated and desperate to get deals over the line, it’s difficult to imagine him convincing owner Mike Ashley to part with £26.3 million for Viera.

Newcastle interested, it would be oh so funny if we signed him. This would be bound to push Benitez over the edge.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:04 - Jul 17 with 2580 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:06 - Jul 17 by E20Jack

Everton are an incredibly rich side that dont care about sell on fees, they arent spending their own money.

To even think we are in the same bracket is ludicrous.

They maybe if the owner gets bored.
Leeds Portsmouth Coventry Blackburn Bolton there is a long list of clubs who spend spend spend.
Doesn't always end well.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:10 - Jul 17 with 2533 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:04 - Jul 17 by Borojack

They maybe if the owner gets bored.
Leeds Portsmouth Coventry Blackburn Bolton there is a long list of clubs who spend spend spend.
Doesn't always end well.

I agree, thats why I am not an advocate of this sort of signing where the the money essentially disappears down a black hole.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 19:11]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:17 - Jul 17 with 2305 viewsLandore_Jack

Siggy may have shot himself in the foot. What if Everton pursue other targets and he decides not to go to Leicester?

#backtojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:30 - Jul 17 with 2221 viewsTheFranchise

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:17 - Jul 17 by Landore_Jack

Siggy may have shot himself in the foot. What if Everton pursue other targets and he decides not to go to Leicester?

Not really, most football fans have very short memories.

A few goals and a kiss of the badge and all will be forgiven.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:31 - Jul 17 with 2210 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:17 - Jul 17 by Landore_Jack

My thoughts exactly...

Doesn't really look good on him at all, team mates would have lost respect for him.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:35 - Jul 17 with 2168 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:31 - Jul 17 by 34dfgdf54

My thoughts exactly...

Doesn't really look good on him at all, team mates would have lost respect for him.

He will go 45 million I think Everton just trying to knock a couple of million off.
Leicester waiting in the wings as well.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:47 - Jul 17 with 2095 viewsraynor94

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:35 - Jul 17 by Borojack

He will go 45 million I think Everton just trying to knock a couple of million off.
Leicester waiting in the wings as well.

100% he's going, he's persona non grata here now

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:58 - Jul 17 with 2022 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:30 - Jul 17 by TheFranchise

Not really, most football fans have very short memories.

A few goals and a kiss of the badge and all will be forgiven.

Absolutely. Remember Bodde did the same sort of thing when he wanted to go to Derby then changed his mind and we loved him again. Rooney and Gerrard both did similar and nearly went to Chelsea. I know none of them refused to go on tour, but the principle is the same. Owners and management won't have any issue accepting him back, it's just business to them.

I'm still very confident he will go though.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:10 - Jul 17 with 1965 viewsmagicdaps10

Think this is Everton playing games with us in regards their pursuit of Gylfi.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:16 - Jul 17 with 1936 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:10 - Jul 17 by magicdaps10

Think this is Everton playing games with us in regards their pursuit of Gylfi.

Agreed
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:25 - Jul 17 with 1886 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 10:41 - Jul 17 by 34dfgdf54

Good post. I'd go along with that.

I have heard good things about him this season, I seem to remember Nirvana saying he would be a good signing at the time we signed Mesa, but I wasn't aware of the years he had at Valencia, Standard Liege etc.

Like you though, I trust Clement with this one.

Go get him Huw.

Good memory, Risca, I did. And I meant it.

But, after 12 pages of finance-talk it seems no one knows anything about Viera still (except Dameedna, great work amigo). Allow me to help with a football post. Just for the record, I think he is an incredibly talented player who would fit in very well with us.

He is small, agile, quick, a superb dribbler, has an excellent shot from distance, and almost always picks out the right pass. He is obviously not on the same level, but is similar to Coutinho in style and technique, and likes to start on the wing and cut inside onto his right foot too. He usually ends up in central positions, and is at his most dangerous and effective there.

He will make at least a couple plays a game that send an electricity through the stadium, and that's something we've been missing for awhile. From experience, he is breathtaking to watch in person because of his movement and skills on the ball. I would assume Viera would be Siggy's replacement, as we're not spending that kind of money unless he's sold.

So having said that, I would love to see him in a Swans shirt. He is a quality footballer, and I think he would pair nicely with Llorente/Ayew/Mesa and hopefully a quality winger we would bring in. Anyone saying no to this guy has never seen him play, and you really should before talking.

So here (1st video - highlights / 2nd video - all touches vs. Osasuna):

[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 21:27]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:38 - Jul 17 with 1811 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:25 - Jul 17 by Nirvana

Good memory, Risca, I did. And I meant it.

But, after 12 pages of finance-talk it seems no one knows anything about Viera still (except Dameedna, great work amigo). Allow me to help with a football post. Just for the record, I think he is an incredibly talented player who would fit in very well with us.

He is small, agile, quick, a superb dribbler, has an excellent shot from distance, and almost always picks out the right pass. He is obviously not on the same level, but is similar to Coutinho in style and technique, and likes to start on the wing and cut inside onto his right foot too. He usually ends up in central positions, and is at his most dangerous and effective there.

He will make at least a couple plays a game that send an electricity through the stadium, and that's something we've been missing for awhile. From experience, he is breathtaking to watch in person because of his movement and skills on the ball. I would assume Viera would be Siggy's replacement, as we're not spending that kind of money unless he's sold.

So having said that, I would love to see him in a Swans shirt. He is a quality footballer, and I think he would pair nicely with Llorente/Ayew/Mesa and hopefully a quality winger we would bring in. Anyone saying no to this guy has never seen him play, and you really should before talking.

So here (1st video - highlights / 2nd video - all touches vs. Osasuna):

[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 21:27]

Christ. I know it's only a highlight video but that was impressive. Defence splitting passes, long range shooting and running at defenders.

A slight upgrade on Montero according to someone earlier. Didnt look anything like Montero to me.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:42 - Jul 17 with 1771 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:38 - Jul 17 by jack247

Christ. I know it's only a highlight video but that was impressive. Defence splitting passes, long range shooting and running at defenders.

A slight upgrade on Montero according to someone earlier. Didnt look anything like Montero to me.

Watch the other video if you like that, 247.

In my opinion it's even better. This guy has so many tools, he'd be perfect for us. Assuming Siggy leaves, of course. Which I'm not completely convinced will happen, and never have been, despite the hoopla. If he goes, he goes. We move on. And sign this guy, maybe.

But watch the video of his touches against Osasuna. It's absolutely magnificent.

(EDIT: Anyone mentioning Montero in the same breath as Viera needs to get a checkup. Or actually watch the guy first. I've tried to help alleviate the second problem.)
[Post edited 17 Jul 2017 21:45]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:50 - Jul 17 with 1713 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Only thing that gives me any pause is his 5'7" height. We could be turning into a munchkin midfield if this happens.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024