Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95707 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:19 - Jul 29 with 2727 viewsE20Jack

Awful as an investment. We should never buy players at their peak value. Hope to God its not true.

(Although that seems to be dated almost 2 weeks ago on the 17th)
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 21:31]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:34 - Jul 29 with 2587 viewskarnataka

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:16 - Jul 29 by Swanjaxs

If thats the case its madness

Not necessarily madness. It probably means that selling Siggy is a done deal and we are going to use a chunk of that cash to buy what PC sees as a decent replacement which we will need to do. Not sure it's financially prudent though, due to his age as it's a huge outlay to try to recoup after a few seasons if his value has dropped but if he and Roque combine to have a couple of super seasons and are largely responsible for keeping us in the Prem for 2 or 3 more years, any loss we might have to take would be far outweighed by the incoming TV money.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:38 - Jul 29 with 2558 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:34 - Jul 29 by karnataka

Not necessarily madness. It probably means that selling Siggy is a done deal and we are going to use a chunk of that cash to buy what PC sees as a decent replacement which we will need to do. Not sure it's financially prudent though, due to his age as it's a huge outlay to try to recoup after a few seasons if his value has dropped but if he and Roque combine to have a couple of super seasons and are largely responsible for keeping us in the Prem for 2 or 3 more years, any loss we might have to take would be far outweighed by the incoming TV money.

The incoming PL money each year is already spent. So staying up will do nothing to replenish the transfer pot or re-pay the signings. It means that if (when) we have to move them on for pittance in a few years time - a pittance is what we will have to replace them with.

The PL money last year was £109.5m. Our operating costs were almost £120m.

Any siggy money MUST be spent wisely, not some spent wisely and some on older players with no resale, ALL spent wisely, otherwise that money disappears and does not get recycled.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 21:40]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:42 - Jul 29 with 2533 viewsTheFranchise

Not every player we buy will be to make a profit on, sometimes we need quality and experience.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:44 - Jul 29 with 2516 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:42 - Jul 29 by TheFranchise

Not every player we buy will be to make a profit on, sometimes we need quality and experience.

Which is another reason why we should look elsewhere
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:45 - Jul 29 with 2501 viewsSwansea93

I'd rather go for Chadli/Markovic.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:51 - Jul 29 with 2457 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:42 - Jul 29 by TheFranchise

And those are the sort of players we should be spending minimal amounts of money on (Llorente), not smashing our transfer record for 30 million euros on signing!!

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:19 - Jul 29 with 2291 viewsmagicdaps10

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:51 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

And those are the sort of players we should be spending minimal amounts of money on (Llorente), not smashing our transfer record for 30 million euros on signing!!

We should be going for Ryad Boudabouz. Available for 15M.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:21 - Jul 29 with 2270 viewsdameedna

Chadli would be my pick too but he has had one chance and maybe not available or interested.

Also Chadli is a different player to Viera. Neither are Siggy replacements in a technical sense.

In a positional sense looking at the way Clement is goung to set up mudfield, Viera is the man. The Algerian guy Boud would be another option.

We have been looking at Viera for a long time and I suspect that whilst siggy was here we kept options warm. When Siggy goes I expect us to meet Las P valuation

Viera will improve us and can play 2 or 3 roles. Perfect signing and already understood by Mesa.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:31 - Jul 29 with 2183 viewsSwansea93

Ryad Boudabouz turned us down in January didn't he?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:40 - Jul 29 with 2121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:21 - Jul 29 by dameedna

Chadli would be my pick too but he has had one chance and maybe not available or interested.

Also Chadli is a different player to Viera. Neither are Siggy replacements in a technical sense.

In a positional sense looking at the way Clement is goung to set up mudfield, Viera is the man. The Algerian guy Boud would be another option.

We have been looking at Viera for a long time and I suspect that whilst siggy was here we kept options warm. When Siggy goes I expect us to meet Las P valuation

Viera will improve us and can play 2 or 3 roles. Perfect signing and already understood by Mesa.

His understanding with Mesa is key to us having a good season. I don't buy this resale nonsense, if he does well for us we'd recoup the outlay as a minimum.
A right back , a striker and a winger and we're done.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:41 - Jul 29 with 2116 viewsmagicdaps10

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:31 - Jul 29 by Swansea93

Ryad Boudabouz turned us down in January didn't he?

Supposedly.

If true then I can understand why it would not happen. For me, I think we should really push for him.

Most assists from open play in ligue 1 for the last 4 seasons.
Most assists from set pieces last season.
11 goals last season.
68 key passes in the final 3rd last season....most in the league.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:48 - Jul 29 with 2067 viewsSwansea93

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:41 - Jul 29 by magicdaps10

Supposedly.

If true then I can understand why it would not happen. For me, I think we should really push for him.

Most assists from open play in ligue 1 for the last 4 seasons.
Most assists from set pieces last season.
11 goals last season.
68 key passes in the final 3rd last season....most in the league.

Them stats sound quality, how many assists did Sigurdsson get from open play?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:51 - Jul 29 with 2048 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:40 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

His understanding with Mesa is key to us having a good season. I don't buy this resale nonsense, if he does well for us we'd recoup the outlay as a minimum.
A right back , a striker and a winger and we're done.

Re-sale is not nonsense in the slightest, it is the cornerstone of our whole transfer life to this point and will continue to be so, of which without we would almost certainly be a Championship club - or saddled with enormous, almost insurmountable, debt.

We most certainly will not be getting 30 million euros back for him as a 30+ year old. If you want to recoup the outlay as a minimum, then we would need to be getting rid of him at 28/29. So a season and a half with us - is that really worth the 30 million euro risk? not for me it isn't, and hopefully not for anyone at the club.

Our fans need to get real and understand our position financially in the league we find ourselves. Having a good season most certainly does not hinge on us signing Jonathan Viera (signed for £700k season before last) for 30m euros, of that I assure you.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 22:55]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:04 - Jul 29 with 1957 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:48 - Jul 29 by Swansea93

Them stats sound quality, how many assists did Sigurdsson get from open play?

A pathetic amount

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:16 - Jul 29 with 1892 viewsploppy

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:04 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

A pathetic amount

Was it 2? Both at home, both scored by Olsson?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:18 - Jul 29 with 1878 viewsveng9

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:16 - Jul 29 by ploppy

There was also Llorente at home against Manchester City and Routledge away against Stoke. Not sure after that. Definitely wasn't a great percentage either way.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 23:18]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:21 - Jul 29 with 1857 viewsploppy

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:18 - Jul 29 by veng9

There was also Llorente at home against Manchester City and Routledge away against Stoke. Not sure after that. Definitely wasn't a great percentage either way.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 23:18]

Maybe Palace home also, but it was a misplaced shot that Llorente steered in.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:22 - Jul 29 with 1846 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:16 - Jul 29 by ploppy

There was a couple more I think. He put one on Routs head agains Stoke which is a genuine assist, as was the 2 for Olsson. However, assists can be a completely meaningless stat as he also played the pass to Llorente against Man City, who turned and hit a belter. Anyone could have done that.

It's key passes which separates the good from the ordinary and Siggy comes in at a pathetic 25 in that department - Rank = Bang Average.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:15 - Jul 30 with 1666 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:51 - Jul 29 by E20Jack

Re-sale is not nonsense in the slightest, it is the cornerstone of our whole transfer life to this point and will continue to be so, of which without we would almost certainly be a Championship club - or saddled with enormous, almost insurmountable, debt.

We most certainly will not be getting 30 million euros back for him as a 30+ year old. If you want to recoup the outlay as a minimum, then we would need to be getting rid of him at 28/29. So a season and a half with us - is that really worth the 30 million euro risk? not for me it isn't, and hopefully not for anyone at the club.

Our fans need to get real and understand our position financially in the league we find ourselves. Having a good season most certainly does not hinge on us signing Jonathan Viera (signed for £700k season before last) for 30m euros, of that I assure you.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 22:55]

it is when the player he's replacing is being sold for almost double the amount he's going to cost. We rarely ever go for the "finished article" type player so on this occasion I think the club are showing ambition with the signings of Roque and Viera and should be applauded.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:31 - Jul 30 with 1579 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:15 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

it is when the player he's replacing is being sold for almost double the amount he's going to cost. We rarely ever go for the "finished article" type player so on this occasion I think the club are showing ambition with the signings of Roque and Viera and should be applauded.

It makes no difference what so ever.

It shows a complete lack of ambition to squander the chance to grow as a club and recycle this transfer money for years and even decades to come on the hope of a good-ish season or two. This £60m can be invested in some of the top performing young talent around Europe that come here to prove themselves before being sold on to the big boys (not inexperienced kids, people like Aubemeyang). Buying this calibre of player then selling in for profit is what will progress this club from a minnow into a giant.

To squander that for a season or two of Jonathan Viera is the most negative bit of short term business you can think of. Signing of Mesa is fine, £13m is not a lot in todays market and could surely get most of that back even for someone that is approaching 30 come sale time. But to spend the amount being talked about on Viera will be criminal, we would never see that be recycled. It is a ridiculous transfer.

You say we dont often sign "the finished article" player, yes there is a reason for that, it is a stupid move for a club that generates no money other than from player sales. Besides the fact that he is nothing like being abke to be classed as "the finished article", hasnt he just had a decent season and a half? He has hardly been tearing up La Liga for 5 years, something that this sort of fee usually commands.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 2:35]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:00 - Jul 30 with 1557 viewsdameedna

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:31 - Jul 30 by E20Jack

It makes no difference what so ever.

It shows a complete lack of ambition to squander the chance to grow as a club and recycle this transfer money for years and even decades to come on the hope of a good-ish season or two. This £60m can be invested in some of the top performing young talent around Europe that come here to prove themselves before being sold on to the big boys (not inexperienced kids, people like Aubemeyang). Buying this calibre of player then selling in for profit is what will progress this club from a minnow into a giant.

To squander that for a season or two of Jonathan Viera is the most negative bit of short term business you can think of. Signing of Mesa is fine, £13m is not a lot in todays market and could surely get most of that back even for someone that is approaching 30 come sale time. But to spend the amount being talked about on Viera will be criminal, we would never see that be recycled. It is a ridiculous transfer.

You say we dont often sign "the finished article" player, yes there is a reason for that, it is a stupid move for a club that generates no money other than from player sales. Besides the fact that he is nothing like being abke to be classed as "the finished article", hasnt he just had a decent season and a half? He has hardly been tearing up La Liga for 5 years, something that this sort of fee usually commands.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 2:35]

Look at what the club is doing. Holding out for 50 big one for a very good player.

Comtemplating half that outlay on a finished article and another very good player.

Las Palmas do not pay Siggy level wages. That is one argument for why Mesa is already here.

Viera and Mesa can be eased in. We can play Britton Carroll and Fer if there is an issue adjusting to the tempo.

I would be surprised if we have to pay over 15m GBP and would be paying half Siggys wages.

That saving will allow us another decent attack minded player.

I say this deal will be done by Monday and Viera will be here before Friday.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:49 - Jul 30 with 1501 viewsLoyal

If Gylfi leaves we won't be paying any of his wages.
I'm not sure where people get this from.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 04:10 - Jul 30 with 1482 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:00 - Jul 30 by dameedna

Look at what the club is doing. Holding out for 50 big one for a very good player.

Comtemplating half that outlay on a finished article and another very good player.

Las Palmas do not pay Siggy level wages. That is one argument for why Mesa is already here.

Viera and Mesa can be eased in. We can play Britton Carroll and Fer if there is an issue adjusting to the tempo.

I would be surprised if we have to pay over 15m GBP and would be paying half Siggys wages.

That saving will allow us another decent attack minded player.

I say this deal will be done by Monday and Viera will be here before Friday.

It makes no difference if we held out and got £100m, spending a large chunk of that money solely on the short term means you are squandering the chance for £100m to be in your kitty every time you need a replacement, all for what? Jonathan Viera for 2 seasons? Jesus.

Are you saying the likes of Aubemeyang when we were trying to sign him was less "the finished article" than Jonathan Viera who has had 2 tidy seasons out of 9? You can be "the finished article" and still be at the right age to maintain value. I don't know why people on this thread are struggling with that concept. Rafinha, the 25 year old Brazilian international midfielder who scored 6 for Barca last year is for sale at the same price.

Sorry, but this transfer is nonsense and anyone trying to justify it by what we are getting for Gylfi truly does not grasp our situation, how we operate and how clubs like us grow one bit.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 4:45]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 05:12 - Jul 30 with 1436 viewsdameedna

On affordability a lot Barca or Real players at the 25m transfer mark are generally on double the wages of Las Palmas and Real Betis players.

Viera is a decent player that we have to pay a big wedge to his club for. In two years the club saves 40k a week in wages.

If we sign nobody the club saves 80k a week in wages.

Siggy is a good player but due to his performance he has been offered 3 times what Viera is likely to cream his pants over.

The value of a 28 year old to is is considerable over two years.

Viera is a good batler and has better experience doing waht we do week in week out. We play a side om higher wages than us about every two weeks.

Viera if you have not seen him play is a battler and very exciting up against some very good defences.

He plays behind a striker who is also average so for Las Palmas to have a good seaon he needs to perform.

At the top level Viers is Las Palmas best player.

Accept your point about 28+ but i do not agree. That age of player is needed. Only downside is no EPL experience but last year we were pedestrian until Caroll and Clement changed the system.

Carrol Mesa Viera. We may not get JV but if we do there will be no regrets if he stays fit.

Also think about players who have struggled two strikers and a midfielder the risk is minimised as we have a midfield that just lacked that extra spark.

I got a feeling that abraham is going to do well and is a better striker than Prince Boateng. Not mentioning Llorente yet. With Ayew in the fold I would be pleased if Viera signed because we dont have his pedigree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024