Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95055 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:17 - Aug 1 with 2203 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:57 - Jul 31 by E20Jack

Viera only scored 2 in 21 last year from open play (5 penalties). I hope people arent simply looking at these stats and comparing them to replacements. Chadli scored 5 and assisted 5 in 27 starts. Thats a decent return in anybodies books. Its hard to compare passing stats as the leagues are completely different, there is far more space in La Liga.

I have no idea how much Chadli would cost. Anything around £15m would be a decent signing, any more and he would start to creep into the same bracket as Viera.

If we're talking about goals and assists the last two seasons, it reads this way, E20:

Viera - 17/16
Chadli - 8/7

If we're talking proper stats on Viera and Chadli last season, here they are (per game):

- Key passes - Viera 2.7 / Chadli 1.1
- Shots - Viera 2.2 / Chadli 1.5
- Dribbles - Viera 2.0 / Chadli 0.6
- Avg passes - Viera 64.1 / Chadli 21.4
- Passing accuracy - Viera 85% / Chadli 80%
- Throughballs - Viera 0.4 / Chadli 0.1
- Times fouled - Viera 2.6 / Chadli 0.5
- Tackles - Viera 1.4 / Chadli 0.9

For perspective, all of Viera's stats are top-quality in La Liga (the best league in the world). He is a fantastic dribbler, and his passing is literally on par with Messi. Chadli's stats and ability are nowhere close, and that's being kind. Factor in he's older and that £10m supposed savings you crave looks a sure-fire recipe for relegation. Viera at £25m is an infinitely better, smarter signing than Chadli at £15m in every single way.

You've made your mind up, but to everyone else I hope the uninformed now know a bit about Viera, in case he becomes a Swan in the near future. Anyone who thinks that he is poor value for us at £25m is flat-out wrong. I hope I've made that clear with my posts. Thread's all yours again.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:20 - Aug 1 with 2161 viewspencoedjack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:17 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

If we're talking about goals and assists the last two seasons, it reads this way, E20:

Viera - 17/16
Chadli - 8/7

If we're talking proper stats on Viera and Chadli last season, here they are (per game):

For perspective, all of Viera's stats are top-quality in La Liga (the best league in the world). He is a fantastic dribbler, and his passing is literally on par with Messi. Chadli's stats and ability are nowhere close, and that's being kind. Factor in he's older and that £10m supposed savings you crave looks a sure-fire recipe for relegation. Viera at £25m is an infinitely better, smarter signing than Chadli at £15m in every single way.

You've made your mind up, but to everyone else I hope the uninformed now know a bit about Viera, in case he becomes a Swan in the near future. Anyone who thinks that he is poor value for us at £25m is flat-out wrong. I hope I've made that clear with my posts. Thread's all yours again.

I know nothing about Viera except what I've read in this thread but look decent.

Don't particularity want Chadli
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:27 - Aug 1 with 2110 viewsharryhpalmer

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:17 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

Viera - 17/16
Chadli - 8/7

Nirvana,

the only questionmark hanging over Viera is that when you take him out of Las Palmas his stats suck.

Chadli at least has proven to be some success at 2 clubs in the PL.

Not sure Viera is worth £25m, but I do think there are better options that Chadli, who has no pace.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:28 - Aug 1 with 2103 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:20 - Aug 1 by pencoedjack

I know nothing about Viera except what I've read in this thread but look decent.

Don't particularity want Chadli

Viera is class. Well worth £25m or whatever, if we sell Siggy. End of.

Chadli?

Decent player, but doesn't have that "next level" ability that we would need to fill Siggy's boots.

I would be very, very worried were we to sign him as such.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:30 - Aug 1 with 2082 viewsmagicdaps10

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:27 - Aug 1 by harryhpalmer

Nirvana,

the only questionmark hanging over Viera is that when you take him out of Las Palmas his stats suck.

Not sure Viera is worth £25m, but I do think there are better options that Chadli, who has no pace.

To be fair, there are better options than both Chadli and Viera.

Infat, we could probably get two decent players for what we would pay for one of Chadli or Viera.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:36 - Aug 1 with 2035 viewsRancid

We've given up on him and looking at Jordan Mutch instead.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:36 - Aug 1 with 2033 viewsairedale

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:30 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

Infat, we could probably get two decent players for what we would pay for one of Chadli or Viera.

Huw could get 4 or 5......
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:49 - Aug 1 with 1966 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:27 - Aug 1 by harryhpalmer

Nirvana,

I'm not the guy's agent, Harry, but that's not really true.

Viera played well for Rayo Vallecano a few years ago, and his stats reflect that. But honestly, I think the guy just needed to grow up and it seems he's done that over the last few seasons.

There are better players out there, obviously, but I can't see many coming to Swansea at this point in the summer. Especially if Siggy/Llorente leave. I've listed some names already of the quality we need: Berardi/Suso/Sabitzer/Hazard. But, they're either unaffordable, not for sale, or not interested in playing in Wales.

I don't know if Viera is, but it seems far more likely than anyone else. We can't go with the bargain bin on this one, and Chadli would be that for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:52 - Aug 1 with 1944 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:30 - Aug 1 by magicdaps10

Not disagreeing with you here, MD10, as I know you know your stuff.

But, you have me interested.

Any names?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:56 - Aug 1 with 1912 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:28 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

Viera is class. Well worth £25m or whatever, if we sell Siggy. End of.

Chadli?

Decent player, but doesn't have that "next level" ability that we would need to fill Siggy's boots.

I would be very, very worried were we to sign him as such.

He is not worth "£25m or whatever" and he most certainly isnt worth £27m making the package to sign him over £30m. Its nonsense. Rubbish. Complete head in the clouds suggestion. Pure idiocy.

You can compare stats that include penalties (8 of them) to inflate goal tally and use passing stats to compare a league notoriously more spatially open to the actual league he will be playing in until the cows come home... It is still an utterly brainless signing due to the long term financial implications and resale. Which is something you really do have to understand. Im sure there will be a youtube tutorial somewhere
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 20:03]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:58 - Aug 1 with 1893 viewsRancid

Ive trawled Google for possible transfers we could go for and struggled.Youngsters on loan seems the best bet.Once Gylffi goes we'll spend big im sure but I'm not sure us fans or even those in charge have a clue what to do with it.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:09 - Aug 1 with 1814 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:09 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

Nobody is saying he isn't a decent player.

Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a stupid signing though. You are flogging a dead horse until you understand our financial situation. Of which you obviously don't.

I dont care how old Chadli is because at the price it is reflective of the price. As stated several times (if you cared to out youtube down for a second to read) if the price became upwards of £15m for Chadli then he would also enter the realm of Viera (being too expensive).

Viera is absolutely not worth that. You just are getting all giddy and star stuck, financially speaking, it would be a disaster. You say you understand our finances but I really don't think you do, your words suggest otherwise.

As for arguing on a forum, the last few months this forum has been filled with you, your boring youtube videos pretending to have seen all these players and of course a constant drone of arguments with anyone that dare question your rubbish.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 19:51]

I'm the one "flogging a dead horse"???

Open your eyes, mate.

At least half the posts in this 18-page thread are yours, all basically saying the same thing:

"Viera... something something... risk analysis... something something... terrible signing... something something... 24/25 year olds in world football".

It seems like this has become an obsession for you, and you're just plain wrong. I'm trying to get you to move on with your life, E20.

I'm not holding my breath, though. C'est la vie, mon frére.

(EDIT: football on youtube bores you, but playing risk analyst on a ffukkingg football forum doesn't? You are one strange individual. Enjoy the bean-counting, mun.)
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 20:19]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:15 - Aug 1 with 1769 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:56 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

He is not worth "£25m or whatever" and he most certainly isnt worth £27m making the package to sign him over £30m. Its nonsense. Rubbish. Complete head in the clouds suggestion. Pure idiocy.

You can compare stats that include penalties (8 of them) to inflate goal tally and use passing stats to compare a league notoriously more spatially open to the actual league he will be playing in until the cows come home... It is still an utterly brainless signing due to the long term financial implications and resale. Which is something you really do have to understand. Im sure there will be a youtube tutorial somewhere
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 20:03]

"Pure idiocy" is replacing the quality of Siggy/Llorente with Abraham/Chadli. Recipe for relegation. "Simple as that."

You actually introduced stats, I don't much care either way. I've actually seen Viera play, unlike you, and I know what the guy can do on the pitch. Far more than Chadli, to be sure, and far more consistently.

I caught a few West Brom games last year, as well, and several of Chadli's goals/assists came from penalties and free kicks/corners. So I guess those are "inflated" too?

Last post to you, nothing will change your mind. But I think you'd like a finance forum more, if I'm honest. Or at least one that analyzes risk. Good luck.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:56 - Aug 1 with 1646 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:09 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

I'm the one "flogging a dead horse"???

Open your eyes, mate.

At least half the posts in this 18-page thread are yours, all basically saying the same thing:

"Viera... something something... risk analysis... something something... terrible signing... something something... 24/25 year olds in world football".

It seems like this has become an obsession for you, and you're just plain wrong. I'm trying to get you to move on with your life, E20.

I'm not holding my breath, though. C'est la vie, mon frére.

(EDIT: football on youtube bores you, but playing risk analyst on a ffukkingg football forum doesn't? You are one strange individual. Enjoy the bean-counting, mun.)
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 20:19]

If you tried reading what I post then you may learn something. You approach the game like you are playing football manager.

I would put you at 17 years old? Just left school, possibly currently in college? Nothing you say has any depth of thought which is typical of someone either lacking intelligence or someone that has mass amounts of naivety often found in young people (through no fault of their own I might add).

Im right aren't I? Although you won't admit it. Posting youtube videos and pretending to scout the world for football players without considering any of the implications, is far more appealing' "mun".
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 20:58]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:07 - Aug 1 with 1582 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:15 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

"Pure idiocy" is replacing the quality of Siggy/Llorente with Abraham/Chadli. Recipe for relegation. "Simple as that."

You actually introduced stats, I don't much care either way. I've actually seen Viera play, unlike you, and I know what the guy can do on the pitch. Far more than Chadli, to be sure, and far more consistently.

I caught a few West Brom games last year, as well, and several of Chadli's goals/assists came from penalties and free kicks/corners. So I guess those are "inflated" too?

Last post to you, nothing will change your mind. But I think you'd like a finance forum more, if I'm honest. Or at least one that analyzes risk. Good luck.

Thats not idiocy at all, it is actions of a club our size that does not generate its own excess commercial revenue. On computer games you don't tend to have this problem you see. I did introduce stats, relevant stats. How many penalties someone scored or comparing stats weighted towards a league with more space isnt my type of relevant.

As you are guessing whether I have seen him, I can quite categorically guess that you haven't either. I don't buy your rubbish for a second, and will be very shocked if many others do, either. You google for blogs and watch youtube videos on the subject of said blogs. You then post them as your own ideas and thoughts, I see through you.

But again, for the 100th time, Vieras ability is irrelevant, flogging - horse - dead. It is a signing that is financially beyond our club and would be utterly reckless. Unfortunately for you, football isnt a computer game, its an industry, a multi billion pound one in which to survive you need the business side of your club to be as equally as looked after as the on the pitch business.

You are treating the game like a star struck teenager, I am approaching the game in a grown up realistic manner. Maybe you should find a forum "championship manager and youtube thoughts". I am sure you can start one if there isnt many like minded individuals out there, which I truly hope to be the case.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:10 - Aug 1 with 1558 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:56 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

If you tried reading what I post then you may learn something. You approach the game like you are playing football manager.

I would put you at 17 years old? Just left school, possibly currently in college? Nothing you say has any depth of thought which is typical of someone either lacking intelligence or someone that has mass amounts of naivety often found in young people (through no fault of their own I might add).

Im right aren't I? Although you won't admit it. Posting youtube videos and pretending to scout the world for football players without considering any of the implications, is far more appealing' "mun".
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 20:58]

I read most of what you wrote, as I'm not bothering to go over 18 pages of the same, OCD "nonsense". I didn't "learn" anything about football or finance, only about you.

And "17"??? Haha.

I honestly wish that were true. Those were some very good years for me, would love to re-live them. That ain't happening, though, and that's fine with me. I'm doing pretty well still, without playing "pretend" risk, and will continue to. All's good on my end.

As for the rest of the personal stuff, cool. Takes two to tango, and I'll sit this one out. Beautiful weather where I am, so I'm happy. Enjoy your evening in foggy London, E20.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:16 - Aug 1 with 1531 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:07 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

Thats not idiocy at all, it is actions of a club our size that does not generate its own excess commercial revenue. On computer games you don't tend to have this problem you see. I did introduce stats, relevant stats. How many penalties someone scored or comparing stats weighted towards a league with more space isnt my type of relevant.

As you are guessing whether I have seen him, I can quite categorically guess that you haven't either. I don't buy your rubbish for a second, and will be very shocked if many others do, either. You google for blogs and watch youtube videos on the subject of said blogs. You then post them as your own ideas and thoughts, I see through you.

But again, for the 100th time, Vieras ability is irrelevant, flogging - horse - dead. It is a signing that is financially beyond our club and would be utterly reckless. Unfortunately for you, football isnt a computer game, its an industry, a multi billion pound one in which to survive you need the business side of your club to be as equally as looked after as the on the pitch business.

You are treating the game like a star struck teenager, I am approaching the game in a grown up realistic manner. Maybe you should find a forum "championship manager and youtube thoughts". I am sure you can start one if there isnt many like minded individuals out there, which I truly hope to be the case.

Your reality.

Your thread.

Enjoy.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:22 - Aug 1 with 1505 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:10 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

I read most of what you wrote, as I'm not bothering to go over 18 pages of the same, OCD "nonsense". I didn't "learn" anything about football or finance, only about you.

And "17"??? Haha.

I honestly wish that were true. Those were some very good years for me, would love to re-live them. That ain't happening, though, and that's fine with me. I'm doing pretty well still, without playing "pretend" risk, and will continue to. All's good on my end.

As for the rest of the personal stuff, cool. Takes two to tango, and I'll sit this one out. Beautiful weather where I am, so I'm happy. Enjoy your evening in foggy London, E20.

Thought this was your last post, yet its followed up with another 2 in a row. Indicative of the nonsense you have inflicted this forum with since your reincarnation over the last few months.

Yes it is clear you have learned very little about football finance, sadly. But lets face it, not many adolescants have a firm grip on financial implications of their ill informed thoughts. Pretending to be a football scout is something I truly hope you grow out of.

The weather in your bedroom in Clydach is better than here in London? I doubt it kid

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:31 - Aug 1 with 1451 viewsMoscowJack

Out of curiosity, which of the two would you prefer if the price and salaries were equal?

- Boudebouz?

- Viera?

Both really excite me and I'd honestly love to see either in a Swans shirt next season.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:41 - Aug 1 with 1385 viewsTheResurrection

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:22 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

Thought this was your last post, yet its followed up with another 2 in a row. Indicative of the nonsense you have inflicted this forum with since your reincarnation over the last few months.

Yes it is clear you have learned very little about football finance, sadly. But lets face it, not many adolescants have a firm grip on financial implications of their ill informed thoughts. Pretending to be a football scout is something I truly hope you grow out of.

The weather in your bedroom in Clydach is better than here in London? I doubt it kid

Classic stuff E20. You've hit the nail flush on the head with regards the little girl Nirvana.

Lives in a fantasy world.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:47 - Aug 1 with 1365 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:41 - Aug 1 by TheResurrection

Classic stuff E20. You've hit the nail flush on the head with regards the little girl Nirvana.

Aww, that's cute. You're making friends now, glad the confidence is up res.

Maybe you two can have a little meet up and discuss how irrelevant set pieces are, or how cool the "world" of "finance" is?

Hopefully it'll keep you two off here for awhile, and that will be a major win-win for the forum.

Good luck guys, all of Planet Swans is counting on you to hit it off.

Enjoy the date.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:49 - Aug 1 with 1345 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:41 - Aug 1 by TheResurrection

A prize plum mate.

They are ten a penny on football forums unfortunately.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:55 - Aug 1 with 1310 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:31 - Aug 1 by MoscowJack

Out of curiosity, which of the two would you prefer if the price and salaries were equal?

- Boudebouz?

- Viera?

Both really excite me and I'd honestly love to see either in a Swans shirt next season.

Boudebouz is a quality talent, to be sure. And he would cost a lot less, Jenkins' specialty.

But, honestly I've not seen too much of him live and I have seen quite a bit of Viera. He has performed extremely well against the best clubs in the world over the last couple seasons, and Boudebouz hasn't. It's not his fault Ligue 1 is not that great, but it isn't regardless.

If we are signing a Siggy replacement, they need to be proven quality. I have seen enough of Viera against Barca, Real, Atletico, Sevilla, Villarreal, etc. to know he is absolutely worth £25m. I can't say the same for Boudebouz. (EDIT: he's definitely worth £7m, though, if that's what he's sold for somehow)

Either way, they'd be the best and most likely replacements for Siggy if he leaves, and I would prefer both over Chadli by some distance. Hopefully that answered your question.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2017 21:58]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:56 - Aug 1 with 1308 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:47 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

Aww, that's cute. You're making friends now, glad the confidence is up res.

Maybe you two can have a little meet up and discuss how irrelevant set pieces are, or how cool the "world" of "finance" is?

Hopefully it'll keep you two off here for awhile, and that will be a major win-win for the forum.

Good luck guys, all of Planet Swans is counting on you to hit it off.

Enjoy the date.

I am sure nobody thinks finance is "cool". However you are a moron if you think it is unimportant in the footballing world, it is the very foundations of what it is built on and the cornerstone of our clubs success over the last decade and a half... Although being so young you wouldnt know that. You are very much coming across as a breed that has grown up on watching Premier League football on the telly.

Res has been putting you in your place for months, I will most certainly happily be on hand to help out. I am sure the forum is tired of your ramblings and your pretend youtube based opinions. Regardless of your thoughts on Res he is jack through and through and has forgotton more about the game than you could ever pretend to know.

Truth hurts.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:01 - Aug 1 with 1264 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:56 - Aug 1 by E20Jack

I am sure nobody thinks finance is "cool". However you are a moron if you think it is unimportant in the footballing world, it is the very foundations of what it is built on and the cornerstone of our clubs success over the last decade and a half... Although being so young you wouldnt know that. You are very much coming across as a breed that has grown up on watching Premier League football on the telly.

Res has been putting you in your place for months, I will most certainly happily be on hand to help out. I am sure the forum is tired of your ramblings and your pretend youtube based opinions. Regardless of your thoughts on Res he is jack through and through and has forgotton more about the game than you could ever pretend to know.

Truth hurts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024