Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95555 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:01 - Aug 3 with 3217 viewsFireboy2

FFS I keep looking at this topic expecting to hopefully see that we have signed viera

But no the playground tiff is still going on

As you were girls
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:05 - Aug 3 with 3188 viewsCooperman

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:01 - Aug 3 by Fireboy2

FFS I keep looking at this topic expecting to hopefully see that we have signed viera

As you were girls

Indeed, it's like a group of pubescent lads throwing one liners around in an attempt out jostle the competition. Take your 1v1v1 into a WhatsApp group or something of the like. 20 odd pages on a guy we're not going to sign FFS.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:07 - Aug 3 with 3181 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:01 - Aug 3 by Fireboy2

As you were girls

You're right, Fire.

No more from me, just for you and 16.

As for Viera, if the Siggy deal goes through his will be the first bid we submit. I would guess €28m or something to save a few million.

No insider knowledge here, just assuming based on what has transpired this summer.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:07 - Aug 3 with 3175 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:59 - Aug 3 by Nirvana

You two are the finance "experts" around here, yeah?

Graphs are your thing then, not mine.

Thankfully, I've accomplished real sshitt with my life, not just punching numbers, moving e-papers around, and playing "pretend" Wall Street.

But sorry, don't let me interrupt the thing you two have going on.

It's beautiful, truly.

Course you have pal. Once I achieve my life goals, If I am on a football forum saying such like as "shhhittt" then I would have failed resoundingly.

Nirvana or whatever you have called yourself this time, stop talking to me you weirdo. I will continue to expose you as a bullsh*tter every time you do. Which like you, will bore the forum to tears.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 23:11]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:15 - Aug 3 with 3130 viewsExiledJack

Did we actually bid €25m for Viera before we've even sold Sigurdsson?

Seems like a lot of money for Las Palmas to reject
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:23 - Aug 3 with 3092 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:15 - Aug 3 by ExiledJack

According to this we did:

https://en.as.com/en/2017/07/20/football/1500540437_838894.html

Very reliable source (relatively speaking) so there's something there, surely. Key quote concerning us now:

"Despite the first chapter in the negotiation not bearing fruit, it's anticipated that the Swans will cover the player's buy-out clause of 30 million euro with the lure of a salary three times higher than the current Las Palmas pay packet proving to be an added incentive for the striker to swap LaLiga for the Premier League."

If/when the Siggy deal goes through, I imagine a bid for Viera will be the first order of business. I hope they're further along than that at this point, but a lot of moving pieces here. Either way, we need to try and get this guy, we won't get better than him.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:24 - Aug 3 with 3081 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:15 - Aug 3 by ExiledJack

I doubt it. If anyone offered anywhere near that sort of money they'd take it and would be laughing all the way to the bank
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:29 - Aug 3 with 3062 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:24 - Aug 3 by hobo

I doubt it. If anyone offered anywhere near that sort of money they'd take it and would be laughing all the way to the bank

Well, I can only go off what has been reported like everyone else on here. This is what the article I linked says:

- "Las Palmas club president Miguel Angel Ramirez has reportedly rejected the approach from the Welsh side."

- "Las Palmas themselves are embarking on a parallel negotiation process with the players agent Iván Cristovinho who represents the agency Pro Eleven in trying to secure a contract improvement for the player to ward off the interest from Swansea."

(EDIT: This would appear to challenge your assertion. Could be smoke and mirrors, though, I guess. Either way, we get Viera I'm happy.)
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 23:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:03 - Aug 4 with 2968 viewsspiderboy

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:29 - Aug 3 by Nirvana

Well, I can only go off what has been reported like everyone else on here. This is what the article I linked says:

- "Las Palmas club president Miguel Angel Ramirez has reportedly rejected the approach from the Welsh side."

- "Las Palmas themselves are embarking on a parallel negotiation process with the players agent Iván Cristovinho who represents the agency Pro Eleven in trying to secure a contract improvement for the player to ward off the interest from Swansea."

(EDIT: This would appear to challenge your assertion. Could be smoke and mirrors, though, I guess. Either way, we get Viera I'm happy.)
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 23:31]

Yep we need to up the anti now that hes almost gone gone gone
Spend decent and enjoy the beautiful game.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:19 - Aug 4 with 2941 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:03 - Aug 4 by spiderboy

Yep we need to up the anti now that hes almost gone gone gone
Spend decent and enjoy the beautiful game.

Correct, Spider.

The game will not look too beautiful if someone like Chadli replaces Siggy. We've got to spend a good bit of the Siggy money on actual quality to replace him, not just someone that kind of plays like him but nowhere near as good.

Viera is a guy I've followed and enjoyed watching for awhile, and honestly never thought we could afford him or get him to Swansea. Much like Mesa.

We got Mesa (I know he's old news but still a quality, surprising signing) now we need to get his buddy. And we will have to spend good money to do it. Fingers crossed.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:36 - Aug 4 with 2820 viewsNeath_Jack

When Walter Mitty met Walter Mitty.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:40 - Aug 4 with 2803 viewsSwans_16

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:36 - Aug 4 by Neath_Jack

When Walter Mitty met Walter Mitty.

I'm also of the belief that Viera is probably lined up as the Sig replacement already.

There's no way Las Palmas could compete with us on the wage front so that's something in our favour. Seri is a bit of a no-goer given the interest from far larger CL clubs etc etc.

Sign Viera for £30 million, then get Yiadom in for around 4-5 million, and then possibly Chadli as a new winger. Then we'll start to look like a decent side.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:46 - Aug 4 with 2770 viewsSTID2017

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:40 - Aug 4 by Swans_16

I'm also of the belief that Viera is probably lined up as the Sig replacement already.

There's no way Las Palmas could compete with us on the wage front so that's something in our favour. Seri is a bit of a no-goer given the interest from far larger CL clubs etc etc.

Sign Viera for £30 million, then get Yiadom in for around 4-5 million, and then possibly Chadli as a new winger. Then we'll start to look like a decent side.

TBH with those three on board far more potential than Everton IMHO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:20 - Aug 4 with 2570 viewsawayjack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:46 - Aug 4 by STID2017

Agree those three would add value but we won't pay £30 for Viers and I can't see us spending £50m even if we get a net £40m from Siggy sale.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 13:22 - Aug 4 with 2557 viewsNeath_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:46 - Aug 4 by STID2017

Hang on, are you saying if we sign those 3 players, we have more potential than Everton next season? Apologies if I've misunderstood.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:32 - Aug 4 with 2292 viewsTheKirkyLife

Got a fascinating nugget here. Spanish press are suggesting that Swansea have now returned to match the buyout clause for Viera with the Gylfi money now guaranteed.

What interests me most is this tidbit.

"The website explains the club’s board also suggested Nacer Chadli from West Brom, but manager Paul Clement really has Viera as the priority, even though he’s expected to be more expensive."

How real and scary does that sound?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-city-return-chase-forward-sigurdsson-money-rea
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:27 - Aug 4 with 2177 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 19:32 - Aug 4 by TheKirkyLife

Got a fascinating nugget here. Spanish press are suggesting that Swansea have now returned to match the buyout clause for Viera with the Gylfi money now guaranteed.

What interests me most is this tidbit.

"The website explains the club’s board also suggested Nacer Chadli from West Brom, but manager Paul Clement really has Viera as the priority, even though he’s expected to be more expensive."

How real and scary does that sound?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/swansea-city-return-chase-forward-sigurdsson-money-rea

Very worrying
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:29 - Aug 4 with 2168 viewsDr_Winston

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:27 - Aug 4 by hobo

Very worrying

As long as Clement wins.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:37 - Aug 4 with 2128 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:29 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

As long as Clement wins.

I'd rather the club win than what is likely to be a relatively short term manager, they most certainly do not go hand in hand.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:59 - Aug 4 with 2016 viewsBournedore

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:37 - Aug 4 by E20Jack

I'd rather the club win than what is likely to be a relatively short term manager, they most certainly do not go hand in hand.

But in reality would you rather 'the club' or Clement make the recruitment decisions, assuming you see them as separate?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:01 - Aug 4 with 1993 viewsdameedna

Clement would not say to Las Palmas or the press that he is replacing Siggurdson with Chadli.

There are a number of reasons for that.

The story is made up to the extent that it lacks any context or quotes.

The Spanish press are interested in bigging up the reason for Swansea's interest in a Spanish player.

The journo will not have done much research on
other options and will have no information on differences of opinion between the owners and the head coach.

The point remains the same.

Viera could replace Siggurdson. Potentially.

Chadli will not replace Siggurdson.

Will be over by next week as even the release clause will not hold a player who has been offered double his previous salary.

Viera is stating his intent - though could be conjecture -that he is on his way and the clubs are haggling over installments and final price.

Exciting times.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 21:05]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:05 - Aug 4 with 1969 viewsLoyal

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:59 - Aug 4 by Bournedore

But in reality would you rather 'the club' or Clement make the recruitment decisions, assuming you see them as separate?

They are very Separate.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:05 - Aug 4 with 1966 viewslondonlisa2001

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:37 - Aug 4 by E20Jack

I wouldn't trust the people who brought us Bob Bradley to pick what flavour crisps are for sale in the hospitality lounges let alone which midfielder best suits our needs.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:10 - Aug 4 with 1929 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:59 - Aug 4 by Bournedore

I would rather there be clear financial stipulations put in place on targets. I am not advocating the board choose targets, I am advocating the fact that we should have a collaborate effort to maximise the investment of this windfall, something we will rely on to survive for many years to come - rather than stick it all on a player for the short term with no thought of the long term. I am sure there are many targets on PC's wishlist, if there isn't then that is concerning in itself.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 21:14]

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:12 - Aug 4 with 1914 viewsWarwickHunt

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:27 - Aug 4 by hobo

Very worrying

Jenkins is like a lovesick adolescent when it comes to signing players who have turned him down before.

Fûck off Gonzo, you've done enough damage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024