Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95626 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:25 - Aug 4 with 2992 viewsFlashberryjack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 20:59 - Aug 4 by Bournedore

But in reality would you rather 'the club' or Clement make the recruitment decisions, assuming you see them as separate?

An amicable compromise would be nice, I'm sure Clement is fully aware of our financial constraints.

But after seeing the club selling one of his star players for a huge sum of money, I'm sure he would expect a large proportion of that money to be made available for the recruitment of players he feels would enhance the team.

If that isn't the case, then maybe Clement might feel the need to reassess his position while his stock is high.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:31 - Aug 4 with 2960 viewsDr_Winston

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:25 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

An amicable compromise would be nice, I'm sure Clement is fully aware of our financial constraints.

But after seeing the club selling one of his star players for a huge sum of money, I'm sure he would expect a large proportion of that money to be made available for the recruitment of players he feels would enhance the team.

If that isn't the case, then maybe Clement might feel the need to reassess his position while his stock is high.

I might be marginally wrong, but thus far the Americans have reinvested most transfer fees received back into the team. There's no reason other than the usual "They're going to fleece us!" theories to think that the Siggy fee would be treated any differently.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:34 - Aug 4 with 2931 viewsraynor94

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:31 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

I might be marginally wrong, but thus far the Americans have reinvested most transfer fees received back into the team. There's no reason other than the usual "They're going to fleece us!" theories to think that the Siggy fee would be treated any differently.

Totally agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:37 - Aug 4 with 2900 viewsFlashberryjack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:31 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

Time will tell.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:43 - Aug 4 with 2876 viewsE20Jack

Agree with the above too. The Americans are actually decent owners in my mind, as I have said on another thread, they aren't our concern.

They can make a good profit on flipping this club solely on maintaining PL status, acquiring the stadium deal and selling it on, so to damage the chances of the team on the field is counter productive.

The next owners after the stadium deal is secured are the ones I would have far less confidence of them re-investing sums like this back in the side as flipping a club for profit no longer becomes easy without damaging the club. We are on a natural path of a long line of venture capitalists, the path is wide at the moment, it becomes narrower and narrower as the scope for profit becomes less and less with each transaction.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:46 - Aug 4 with 2863 viewsDr_Winston

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:37 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

Time will tell.

Don't get me wrong, there's still a lot of room for improvement and some of the things they've done have been downright idiotic, but it seems to me that they're often tarnished by association with the real c*nts like Jenkins and Dineen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:47 - Aug 4 with 2861 viewsdameedna

Why would the scope for profit reduce with each transaction?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:55 - Aug 4 with 2803 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:47 - Aug 4 by dameedna

Why would the scope for profit reduce with each transaction?

Because potential and value is presumably being fulfilled with each owner. The Americans saw a poor commecial department and a stadium to acquire, the next ones may feel there is value in improving sponsorship deals to get a better return on their money, the ones after may feel their expertise is in streamlining sports teams, cutting outgoings and making the value increase due to current and projected profits so on and so forth until there is no room for obvious ways to turn a profit on the investment other than taking directly from the clubs pot.

So the beginning of this road isn't the concern, its down the road where there are no obvious avenues for improvement and thus profit is when we may face some issues.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 21:58]

Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:02 - Aug 4 with 2754 viewsdameedna

Take the example of Vicent Tan. He took a club to the EPL. He is still around. Assume the next owner is Vicent Tan. He wants to take the club into the Champions League. The whole Swansea story is improbable. Take a chill pill and enjoy the beautiful game me old mucker.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:13 - Aug 4 with 2685 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 22:02 - Aug 4 by dameedna

Take the example of Vicent Tan. He took a club to the EPL. He is still around. Assume the next owner is Vicent Tan. He wants to take the club into the Champions League. The whole Swansea story is improbable. Take a chill pill and enjoy the beautiful game me old mucker.

Vincent Tan was an odd one, I think he planned to float the club on the Malaysian stock market. So his angle was issuing an IPO, I don't know what went wrong there. Relegation probably

But when these angles run out and become saturated is when you get problems. Why would someone take over a club that is at max value and max improvement? It seems very unlikely that someone looking to flip a club will buy a club like Swansea to get a return on success due to the investment required to take us to that level.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:48 - Aug 7 with 2362 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 08:30 - Jul 31 by UplandsJack

Those numbers may be right, I'm no expert.
But lets work with those numbers you've suggested.
WBA will not sell Chadli for less than £20m, probably more with the way this crazy market has panned out. They paid what was it, £13/15m only last Summer and Pulis has openly stated they didn't want/need to sell him.
So if they do succumb, with the addons youve previously suggested, he will cost us a minimum of £24/25m.

Chadli is never ever worth that!

This article and quote says you (and others) were right in assessing Chadli's value on the market, Uplands:

http://www.90min.com/posts/5355474-west-bromwich-albion-issue-hands-off-warning-

"If West Brom were in fact forced to sell Chadli to Swansea, it would take an offer in excess of £25m to persuade Pulis to part ways with the midfielder"

Ffukkingg "in excess", no thanks. So, it's literally Viera or Chadli then, and I've already detailed how foolish the comparison is. Just another example of how undervalued Viera is, thanks to La Liga's low wages (and inability to turn down an offer from the PL). Same thing happened with Mesa and we got one of the steals of the summer. We should look to repeat that miraculous stroke of genius, and we'd be a much stronger team because of it.

There's a reason Clement has come out and stated Viera is his number-one target: to put pressure on the club to fund a purchase of his quality. He is far more dynamic, influential, and productive on the pitch, and is actually worth a lot more than what we'd end up paying for him. Chadli is a good player, but we simply cannot return to the bargain bin this time and he's not worth £15m, much less £25+.

I'm glad PC agrees with us on this, and I hope the club does too.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 00:54 - Aug 7 with 2335 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:01 - Aug 4 by dameedna

Clement would not say to Las Palmas or the press that he is replacing Siggurdson with Chadli.

There are a number of reasons for that.

The story is made up to the extent that it lacks any context or quotes.

The Spanish press are interested in bigging up the reason for Swansea's interest in a Spanish player.

The journo will not have done much research on
other options and will have no information on differences of opinion between the owners and the head coach.

The point remains the same.

Viera could replace Siggurdson. Potentially.

Chadli will not replace Siggurdson.

Will be over by next week as even the release clause will not hold a player who has been offered double his previous salary.

Viera is stating his intent - though could be conjecture -that he is on his way and the clubs are haggling over installments and final price.

Exciting times.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 21:05]

I genuinely believe Clement here, Dameedna, as he really has no reason to lie, given our known interest in Chadli. It doesn't add much cover, or smoke and mirrors. He's been pretty honest and candid in most interviews during his time with us and I think he is here, as well.

It makes me think the deal is pretty much done behind the scenes, and everyone is slow-playing it to warm each fanbase to the transfer. Las Palmas fans absolutely do not want to lose Viera, he means so much to the club. This summer has been just as stressful for them as everyone on here, they are going through the same thing.

But sadly, everything in life comes down to money and this is no different. We pay €30m or something close and triple Viera's wages, and he will be in Swansea patiently waiting for a medical. It's up to The Americans now (assuming Siggy gets sold, soon) to fund it.

Dipping into the bargain bin, again, to the tune of £25m+ for Chadli would be a recipe for relegation. We should have learned our lesson last season. We'll see.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:01 - Aug 7 with 2326 viewsEasternJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:55 - Aug 4 by E20Jack

Because potential and value is presumably being fulfilled with each owner. The Americans saw a poor commecial department and a stadium to acquire, the next ones may feel there is value in improving sponsorship deals to get a better return on their money, the ones after may feel their expertise is in streamlining sports teams, cutting outgoings and making the value increase due to current and projected profits so on and so forth until there is no room for obvious ways to turn a profit on the investment other than taking directly from the clubs pot.

So the beginning of this road isn't the concern, its down the road where there are no obvious avenues for improvement and thus profit is when we may face some issues.

The commercial improvement work is almost hygiene.

The rea value comes from being in this league for the next TV contract renewal

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:07 - Aug 7 with 2315 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:58 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

Extremely well done new highlights video on the "glamorous youtube" of Viera.

Marvelous footballer, Coutinho-like.

Well worth the time:

I find it very interesting that Pro Eleven produced this high-quality highlights video of Viera a week and a half ago, as they are also the agency that represents him.

Yes, they make videos for most of their clients, I'm sure, but the timing and depth of this one is peculiar. Viera doesn't have much in the way of highlights on youtube, so it's as if they put it out so potential buyers could get a glimpse of him.

It's a savvy move either way, and it helps show the versatility and range this guy has on the pitch. Hopefully, it'll intrigue "the board" enough to green-light the signing (if/when Siggy leaves).
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:55 - Aug 7 with 2251 viewsUplandsJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:07 - Aug 7 by Nirvana

I find it very interesting that Pro Eleven produced this high-quality highlights video of Viera a week and a half ago, as they are also the agency that represents him.

Yes, they make videos for most of their clients, I'm sure, but the timing and depth of this one is peculiar. Viera doesn't have much in the way of highlights on youtube, so it's as if they put it out so potential buyers could get a glimpse of him.

It's a savvy move either way, and it helps show the versatility and range this guy has on the pitch. Hopefully, it'll intrigue "the board" enough to green-light the signing (if/when Siggy leaves).

Id just love to see this guy here but i just dont see our board spending the €30mill needed to get him here. Agreed, wages wouldn't be a problem, but €30mill, I just can't see it.

Really hope im wrong mind Nirvana, I really do ! !
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 1:58]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:08 - Aug 7 with 2235 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:55 - Aug 7 by UplandsJack

Id just love to see this guy here but i just dont see our board spending the €30mill needed to get him here. Agreed, wages wouldn't be a problem, but €30mill, I just can't see it.

Really hope im wrong mind Nirvana, I really do ! !
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 1:58]

I sadly agree, Uplands, and never thought we'd be legitimately linked with someone of his class. But, I thought the same with Mesa and we got him, so I'm hoping this turns out the same way.

€30m is a lot of money, to be sure, but if we sell Siggy for £50m we can definitely afford it. I'm hoping "the board" will see the long-term value in success on the pitch now, because that's where the most money lies.

We cannot replace someone of Siggy's quality with the typical bargain bin classic, and Viera is the best/right fit for us available. We won't get better.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:45 - Aug 7 with 2197 viewsEasternJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 18:58 - Aug 1 by Nirvana

Extremely well done new highlights video on the "glamorous youtube" of Viera.

Marvelous footballer, Coutinho-like.

Well worth the time:

Not convinced. Definitely not at that money.

Boudebouz looks the better player - and only £7M apparently

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:02 - Aug 7 with 2184 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:45 - Aug 7 by EasternJack

Not convinced. Definitely not at that money.

Boudebouz looks the better player - and only £7M apparently

If Boudebouz goes to Betis for £7m, that means he probably turned us down twice because he wanted to play in La Liga. And, given his skillset, that is the smartest decision he could make. He is a great player and definitely worth £15m or less.

His street football moves are flashy and nice, but they don't equate to success in the PL very well. It's extremely difficult to turn that part of your brain off, unless you make the transition at an early age like Ronaldo. He is also a world-class talent, and Boudebouz is not. He takes a little too long on the ball, either by choice or indecision, and that is dangerous in the PL.

Boudebouz shouldn't be the replacement for Siggy because of his lack of experience in a top league. We don't have the luxury of him taking two or three seasons to re-learn the game on a fundamental level. We might be relegated by then.

Viera has played against the best clubs in the world and excelled, Boudebouz has not. Viera has proven his class and £26.5m would be a bargain, especially considering West Brom want that for Chadli.

Boudebouz in addition to Viera, though?
Absolutely, 100%.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 04:12 - Aug 7 with 2106 viewsEasternJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:02 - Aug 7 by Nirvana

If Boudebouz goes to Betis for £7m, that means he probably turned us down twice because he wanted to play in La Liga. And, given his skillset, that is the smartest decision he could make. He is a great player and definitely worth £15m or less.

His street football moves are flashy and nice, but they don't equate to success in the PL very well. It's extremely difficult to turn that part of your brain off, unless you make the transition at an early age like Ronaldo. He is also a world-class talent, and Boudebouz is not. He takes a little too long on the ball, either by choice or indecision, and that is dangerous in the PL.

Boudebouz shouldn't be the replacement for Siggy because of his lack of experience in a top league. We don't have the luxury of him taking two or three seasons to re-learn the game on a fundamental level. We might be relegated by then.

Viera has played against the best clubs in the world and excelled, Boudebouz has not. Viera has proven his class and £26.5m would be a bargain, especially considering West Brom want that for Chadli.

Boudebouz in addition to Viera, though?
Absolutely, 100%.

Disagree with 75%

Last paragraph spot on

+ Bony

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 04:17 - Aug 7 with 2101 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 04:12 - Aug 7 by EasternJack

Disagree with 75%

Last paragraph spot on

+ Bony

Which parts do you disagree with, Eastern?

And, to be honest, I'd rather have Llorente than Bony.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 04:26 - Aug 7 with 2085 viewsEasternJack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 04:17 - Aug 7 by Nirvana

Which parts do you disagree with, Eastern?

And, to be honest, I'd rather have Llorente than Bony.

Watch the video again. In full.

He's as likely to make a key pass as he is to dribble. The amount of players he commits when he "gets flashy" opens up space for others which he usually exploits with a killer pass.

I disagree with your assertion on league quality. Regardless - he pulls off most of those moves and passes while under extreme pressure from at least 1 opponent. That's exactly the sort of attention he will get in the EPL.

Add to that a free kick ability that rivals Siggy, and I think this guy could be our next Michu.

On Bony. Llorente doesn't have his level of link up play

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 05:00 - Aug 7 with 2056 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 04:26 - Aug 7 by EasternJack

Watch the video again. In full.

He's as likely to make a key pass as he is to dribble. The amount of players he commits when he "gets flashy" opens up space for others which he usually exploits with a killer pass.

I disagree with your assertion on league quality. Regardless - he pulls off most of those moves and passes while under extreme pressure from at least 1 opponent. That's exactly the sort of attention he will get in the EPL.

Add to that a free kick ability that rivals Siggy, and I think this guy could be our next Michu.

On Bony. Llorente doesn't have his level of link up play

I've seen it, and I've seen Montpellier play a few games before, as well. I'm relatively familiar with Boudebouz, he's been on everyone's radar for awhile now.

I didn't say anything about passing or dribbling in isolation, I said "time on the ball". I meant that literally, yes, as in dribbling. But, I also meant in terms of how quickly he processes the game with the ball at his feet. He is very interested in pleasing the crowd (and himself) with audacious attempts, routinely, and that often has bad repercussions.

Yes, the highlight reel looks great when it comes off, but more often than not it doesn't and attacks die a quick death. There's a time and place for flair, and then for making the simple pass. Viera can do both, willingly and efficiently, and has done so against Barcelona, Real, Atletico, Sevilla, Villarreal, etc. Those are some of the top clubs in the world, and they all press and harass their opponents relentlessly. Viera has thrived in that environment.

On the other hand, Boudebouz has been tearing up Angers and Bourdeaux. Ligue 1 is not comparable to the PL. Yes, there are defenders in France, too, but the quality is no comparison to La Liga or the PL. He'd be in for a rude awakening facing the step up in talent and professionalism, and wouldn't be given much time to acclimate. Putting too much pressure on him wouldn't be a good thing, and that's what would happen.

On Bony, he wasn't able to beat out Peter Crouch most of last season. I dont think we should invest money to see if we can change that. Llorente is coming off a fantastic season for us and guarantees goals with good service. Can't say the same for Wilf at this point, so I'd pass.

(EDIT: If Boudebouz scored 15 goals in La Liga, like Michu did, I might be making the same suggestion. But he didn't, and they are totally different types of players, so I won't.)
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 5:07]
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 05:50 - Aug 7 with 1971 viewsdameedna

Viera and Chadli
Or just Viera
Not Chadli with no Viera
Bouda would be an option in place of Chadli
Bouda moves well enough
The prives for all 4 are mental though Siggy offers the most certainty but i assume he has finally been allowed to put ink to paper and we are waiting on the bank deposit to release to Las Palmas....again

If Llorente leaves we coukd go with Crouch or posdublt Prince Boateng. Decent striker is Boateng and he would be a better player than Bony who i am sure has slowed up.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:14 - Aug 7 with 1708 viewsSmellyplumz

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 05:50 - Aug 7 by dameedna

Viera and Chadli
Or just Viera
Not Chadli with no Viera
Bouda would be an option in place of Chadli
Bouda moves well enough
The prives for all 4 are mental though Siggy offers the most certainty but i assume he has finally been allowed to put ink to paper and we are waiting on the bank deposit to release to Las Palmas....again

If Llorente leaves we coukd go with Crouch or posdublt Prince Boateng. Decent striker is Boateng and he would be a better player than Bony who i am sure has slowed up.

Crouch! Are you fking mad?

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 07:19 - Aug 7 with 1685 viewsItchySphincter

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 21:55 - Aug 4 by E20Jack

Don't forget the online streaming rights issue yet to be addresses - if the potential can be properly harnessed there could be another huge financial boom. Alternatively it could all come crashing down.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024