Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95549 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:15 - Aug 16 with 4628 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:16 - Aug 15 by EasternJack

I think you're right - and while I don't rate Viera as highly as you do, I infinitely prefer him over Chadli.

Regardless - PC is clear, he's looking for signings with PL experience. Which suggests that Mesa wasn't his pick (and neither was Viera)
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 6:16]

Well, Eastern, I also believe Clement in his comments, but not really sure who he's interested to bring in. If the reports are true and it's Chadli/Bony for £35-40m, that is ridiculous.

And, while Clement may feel that way now, I highly doubt he has all summer. He has worked in four top-flight leagues in Europe, I don't think he'd limit himself to just PL players. It doesn't make sense on the pitch or off it. But, with just two weeks until the window closes and seeing how excruciatingly slow our club is with transfers, he wants players to come in right away and perform.

PC is a pragmatist, and understands that a slow start to the season could see him out a job, quick. I guess he's probably more worried about that than anything else and for good reason, given our history with managers. But, to say he didn't want Viera (or Mesa) is wide of the mark, in my opinion. They are both top-quality for their positions and price, and a coach of PC's caliber wants to work with the best.

But yes, at this point it doesn't look likely Viera will be heading to Swansea. Long time left still, though, so we'll have to wait and see.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 23:22 - Aug 16 with 4587 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:07 - Aug 15 by Kerouac

There is no way we should be bringing in Chadli for any more money than £15m.

They paid £12m for him a year ago, he scored 5 goals across the season and then fell out with the manager...and they want to more than double their fecking money!!!

We would be mad to pay it.

It is criminal that we watched someone like Boudebouz be snapped up for £7m.
There are plenty more interesting players out there on the continent though.
Why can't we find them and land them anymore?

Buying from the Premier League drastically inflates the price, we can't afford it unless we are talking about individual exceptional circumstances (such as Joe Allen last summer)

Agree 100%, Kerouac.

If people on here think we are robbing Everton with the Siggy deal, then I can't imagine what they think is happening with the supposed Chadli deal. Like you said, anything over £15m is not worth it, and anything approaching £25m is absolutely insane.

To be clear, I don't think he is a bad player and I wanted us to get him last summer, but the simple reality is he's nowhere near Siggy's level. If we're going to spend that much money on one guy, he's got to be proven quality. More than anything, Chadli has proven inconsistent. Great on his day, but rarely has his day I believe someone said.

£15m? Absolutely, sign him up.
£25m? FFUKK NO.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:15 - Aug 22 with 4386 views34dfgdf54

My go to guy for Las Palmas reckons we have put in an official bid of 12m euros.

Called the bid insulting.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:17 - Aug 22 with 4159 viewsThornburyswan

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:15 - Aug 22 by 34dfgdf54

My go to guy for Las Palmas reckons we have put in an official bid of 12m euros.

That would be beyond bizarre assuming we did bid the reported £20M back in mid-July - akin to Barca going back to LFC today with a £70M bid for Coutinho
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:21 - Aug 22 with 4124 viewshobo

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:15 - Aug 22 by 34dfgdf54

That's more than a fair bid. Can see them accepting if true
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:29 - Aug 22 with 4074 views34dfgdf54

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:21 - Aug 22 by hobo

That's more than a fair bid. Can see them accepting if true

He's set to sign a new contract so can't see it happening, especially at that price. He's their star player, not going to let him go on the cheap.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:33 - Aug 23 with 3624 viewsWanderer

Some Oz clubs have bought Las Palmas players including their centre forward, so with Mesa gone they are a little cashed up enough to bump his pay up, he'll stay I think.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:24 - Aug 24 with 3278 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:29 - Aug 22 by 34dfgdf54

He's set to sign a new contract so can't see it happening, especially at that price. He's their star player, not going to let him go on the cheap.

Correct again, Risca. (your mate, as well)

Viera is the heart and soul of Las Palmas: hometown boy, captain, and star. He's the one they rely on to bring the creativity and flair every match, and he rarely fails to produce. We would've had something special if we got him. No better replacement for Siggy out there, and the price is still a massive bargain.

I said this before, but Viera compares very nicely to Coutinho in many ways. Viera would cost about £100m less and is only two and a half years older. Some of the 'mugs' on here doubting his ability really don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately for us, Las Palmas agrees with your mate and I and aren't about to let him leave. His heart is there, as well, a massive influence in his decision.

He mentioned early this summer he has and always will be losing money by playing  there, but he is happy and loved. That seems to have won out in the end.
Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:28 - Aug 24 with 3267 viewsSwansea93

He hasn't actually signed a new deal yet has he? I wonder if we're still showing an interest in him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:34 - Aug 24 with 3251 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 03:33 - Aug 23 by Wanderer

Some Oz clubs have bought Las Palmas players including their centre forward, so with Mesa gone they are a little cashed up enough to bump his pay up, he'll stay I think.

Excellent insight, Wanderer.

Also, they got a record transfer fee this summer. From us, incidentally.

Viera will take some money, the sunshine of the Canaries, and the satisfaction of playing with Vitolo and David Silva (soon).

Smart ffukkingg man, I envy him.

P.S. I did a semester in Perth a while back and absolutely loved the place. The city is amazing and I hope to go back sometime in the future. Ever wander over to those parts?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:46 - Aug 24 with 3238 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:28 - Aug 24 by Swansea93

He hasn't actually signed a new deal yet has he? I wonder if we're still showing an interest in him.

No official confirmation, but I think at this point he'll be staying in Gran Canaria.

Who can blame him?

He's got about the perfect life right now, no need for our batsshitt club.

I'll still watch him a lot, now just with a tinge of sadness and regret.

C'est la vie.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:01 - Aug 24 with 3223 viewsSwansea93

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 01:46 - Aug 24 by Nirvana

No official confirmation, but I think at this point he'll be staying in Gran Canaria.

Who can blame him?

He's got about the perfect life right now, no need for our batsshitt club.

I'll still watch him a lot, now just with a tinge of sadness and regret.

C'est la vie.

As good as he's got it over there, wouldn't he like to test himself in the Premier League?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:29 - Aug 24 with 3181 viewsNirvana

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:01 - Aug 24 by Swansea93

As good as he's got it over there, wouldn't he like to test himself in the Premier League?

Well I personally wish he would, 93, and I hold out hope it'll happen.

But if we spent £16.5m on Clucas, that's  £28.5m left in theory. That means Viera would be the end of the signings. I would be happy with the two of them, and it would mirror what Donovan said recently.

But I can't see Viera leaving this late in the window, it would really mess up Las Palmas' season. Big things are expected of them and they need him. La Liga is also the best league in the world, and Spanish players love playing there. The PL is not that big of a pull to most of them, despite the increased exposure.

And have you ever been to the Canaries? I've visited Tenerife a few times, and I never wanted to leave either. Viera's a rockstar in one of the most beautiful locations in the world, doubtful he'll give it up just to join his buddy Mesa.

I still hold out the faintest hope I'm wrong, though.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:36 - Aug 24 with 3161 viewsE20Jack

He has no choice, we do not think he is worth the release clause so there is no decision to make.

To suggest he is not signing because he has an easy life or that we are a crazy club is utter nonsense, he isn't signing because, thankfully, we have not bid what is required because we do not think he is worth it. Quite simply.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:03 - Aug 24 with 3091 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 02:29 - Aug 24 by Nirvana

Well I personally wish he would, 93, and I hold out hope it'll happen.

But if we spent £16.5m on Clucas, that's  £28.5m left in theory. That means Viera would be the end of the signings. I would be happy with the two of them, and it would mirror what Donovan said recently.

But I can't see Viera leaving this late in the window, it would really mess up Las Palmas' season. Big things are expected of them and they need him. La Liga is also the best league in the world, and Spanish players love playing there. The PL is not that big of a pull to most of them, despite the increased exposure.

And have you ever been to the Canaries? I've visited Tenerife a few times, and I never wanted to leave either. Viera's a rockstar in one of the most beautiful locations in the world, doubtful he'll give it up just to join his buddy Mesa.

I still hold out the faintest hope I'm wrong, though.

The canaries beautiful ? Pretty awful actually. Not exactly Hawaii or Bora Bora though are they? I'd say the Balearic islands are far nicer and the Greek islands incomparably so.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 12:27 - Aug 24 with 2868 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:03 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

The canaries beautiful ? Pretty awful actually. Not exactly Hawaii or Bora Bora though are they? I'd say the Balearic islands are far nicer and the Greek islands incomparably so.

I cannot imagine the lack of travel I would have to have experienced in order to think the Canary Islands/Tenerife was one of the most beautiful places in the world to the point I would not want to leave there, incredible

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:07 - Aug 24 with 2707 viewsJackSkellington

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 06:03 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't know, the Canaries are beautiful in their own stark way. Been to all this lot and thoroughly enjoyed the experiences:

Lanzarote:

La Palma:

Tenerife:

Fuerteventura:

But no way would I want to stay there forever based on the scenery. That award goes to either Croatia (gets too hot) or Norway (gets too cold). Maybe I'd compromise and live in Norway in the summer and Croatia in the winter, oh decisions decisions...
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:14 - Aug 24 with 2651 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:07 - Aug 24 by JackSkellington

I don't know, the Canaries are beautiful in their own stark way. Been to all this lot and thoroughly enjoyed the experiences:

Lanzarote:

La Palma:

Tenerife:

Fuerteventura:

But no way would I want to stay there forever based on the scenery. That award goes to either Croatia (gets too hot) or Norway (gets too cold). Maybe I'd compromise and live in Norway in the summer and Croatia in the winter, oh decisions decisions...

Any country has pictures like that. Type Beautiful Wales pictures into google and you will find similar/better photographs. The Canary Islands are awful, especially Lanzarote, pictured first. It is essentially a large lava cooled rock.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:32 - Aug 24 with 2578 viewsJackSkellington

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:14 - Aug 24 by E20Jack

Any country has pictures like that. Type Beautiful Wales pictures into google and you will find similar/better photographs. The Canary Islands are awful, especially Lanzarote, pictured first. It is essentially a large lava cooled rock.

Yep, that's the Timanfaya national park. I've been there and it looks like an alien planet, it's quite amazing. Like I said, it's stark and oddly beautiful in it's own way but I wouldn't want to stay there long term. The caldera on La Palma is actually a genuinely stunning piece of natural beauty and the scale of it when you see it is quite overwhelming. Never been to Gran Canaria so can't comment there.

I have a slightly sad amateur fascination with geology/geography and natural sciences though, so I find the processes behind the creation of all these landscapes endlessly interesting which probably colours it for me. Oh and bits of Wales are bloody beautiful! Just take the walk round the cliffs between Langland and Caswell - Phwooarr, look at the strata on that!!
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:32 - Aug 24 with 2570 viewsMo_Wives

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:14 - Aug 24 by E20Jack

[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 14:50]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 2503 viewsSwansea93

The longer he doesn't sign a new deal the more I think we're still showing interest.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:15 - Aug 24 with 2442 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 14:32 - Aug 24 by JackSkellington

Yep, that's the Timanfaya national park. I've been there and it looks like an alien planet, it's quite amazing. Like I said, it's stark and oddly beautiful in it's own way but I wouldn't want to stay there long term. The caldera on La Palma is actually a genuinely stunning piece of natural beauty and the scale of it when you see it is quite overwhelming. Never been to Gran Canaria so can't comment there.

I have a slightly sad amateur fascination with geology/geography and natural sciences though, so I find the processes behind the creation of all these landscapes endlessly interesting which probably colours it for me. Oh and bits of Wales are bloody beautiful! Just take the walk round the cliffs between Langland and Caswell - Phwooarr, look at the strata on that!!

I agree. Wales has one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Europe. If asked which area is more beutiful Tenerife or Wales, I would hope the vast majority of This planet would say Wales. I would be concerned for their mental state if they said Tenerife.

The Canary Islands while possibly beautiful in their own way (as is the moon I guess) for reasons you have mentioned, they are not even in the top half of actual beautiful places in the African continent, let alone the world and would comfortably be sitting in the bottom few if transported into Europe alongside mainland Spain which is equally a dust filled dirt bowl. It would not even register in Australasia, South America or Asia.

If he never wants to sign for another club simoly because he can not face leaving what he considers such beuty as the Canary Islands then I wouldnt want a player making such ridiculous decisions in the heart if my midfield. But that's just me.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:29 - Aug 24 with 2400 viewsProfessor

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:15 - Aug 24 by E20Jack

I agree. Wales has one of the most beautiful natural landscapes in Europe. If asked which area is more beutiful Tenerife or Wales, I would hope the vast majority of This planet would say Wales. I would be concerned for their mental state if they said Tenerife.

The Canary Islands while possibly beautiful in their own way (as is the moon I guess) for reasons you have mentioned, they are not even in the top half of actual beautiful places in the African continent, let alone the world and would comfortably be sitting in the bottom few if transported into Europe alongside mainland Spain which is equally a dust filled dirt bowl. It would not even register in Australasia, South America or Asia.

If he never wants to sign for another club simoly because he can not face leaving what he considers such beuty as the Canary Islands then I wouldnt want a player making such ridiculous decisions in the heart if my midfield. But that's just me.

My mother lives in Tenerife-Golf del Sur. Beautiful it is not. Some of the Teide national park and the North Coast is nice, but no more than the Gower and certainly not Pembrokeshire or the Lleyn.

If you consider them African (which they are geographically) they are not a patch on the Cape area of South Africa or large parts of highland Ethiopia I have been too. On a par with the Rift Valley or Malawi-so lower half of Africa would be about right.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:40 - Aug 24 with 2372 viewsJackSkellington

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:15 - Aug 24 by E20Jack

No I think if he's chosen to stay because of where he is geographically, apart from the fact it's his home city, the primary factor is more likely to be the climate. If you were born there and never played for a club outside of Spain, I can honestly understand why you'd rather not make the switch to playing in the freezing cold pi55ing rain of Swansea. That's his choice and he's free to make it.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:56 - Aug 24 with 2306 viewslifelong

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:29 - Aug 24 by Professor

My mother lives in Tenerife-Golf del Sur. Beautiful it is not. Some of the Teide national park and the North Coast is nice, but no more than the Gower and certainly not Pembrokeshire or the Lleyn.

If you consider them African (which they are geographically) they are not a patch on the Cape area of South Africa or large parts of highland Ethiopia I have been too. On a par with the Rift Valley or Malawi-so lower half of Africa would be about right.

The winter climate in Tenerife is fabulous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024