Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid 12:57 - Jul 16 with 95620 views34dfgdf54

Bid rejected from las palmas apparently.

Siggy replacement and a very good one at that allegedly.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:01 - Jul 16 with 2025 viewsDr_Winston

Maybe the club aren't interested in a potential sell on fee. They just want to replace Siggy with the best available player.

If he's here for six or seven years then what difference does it make?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:03 - Jul 16 with 1999 viewsmagicdaps10

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:01 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

Maybe the club aren't interested in a potential sell on fee. They just want to replace Siggy with the best available player.

Do you think Viera is the best available player at the price being quoted?

If the club thinks yes then I really question what the hell is going on if the story IS true.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:06 - Jul 16 with 1982 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 15:54 - Jul 16 by hobo

It's really not that difficult in this day and age to watch leagues outside of England. La Liga isn't exactly the Peruvian Primera Liga either! We sold a far better player in Andre Ayew last season for less than this deal

Yes I know you can watch La Liga Seria A Etc but there is that much PL football on I am surprised how much foreign football gets watched.
Maybe we should just ditch our scouting system and ask the experts on here about the players we sign.
Perhaps a poll could be put up with a list of available players on.
Would save wages on the scouting team as well.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:11 - Jul 16 with 1936 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:06 - Jul 16 by Borojack

Yes I know you can watch La Liga Seria A Etc but there is that much PL football on I am surprised how much foreign football gets watched.
Maybe we should just ditch our scouting system and ask the experts on here about the players we sign.

Borojack.. presumably from Middlesbrough.. and quite possibly the only person on this forum who would even think of defending the clubs scouting department.. is your first name Dave?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:12 - Jul 16 with 1943 viewsnyc_swans

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:03 - Jul 16 by magicdaps10

If the club thinks yes then I really question what the hell is going on if the story IS true.

well, the club must clearly think so.

having an understanding with Roque Mesa, who already seems a critical player for the next season, is probably a major consideration.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:13 - Jul 16 with 1933 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:01 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

Yes and thats the concern.

A club with our annual income simply HAS to be forward thinking in terms of transfers.

With your scenario, we pay £26.5m now to replace Siggy and when we have exhausted Viera we then presumably look to spend the same again to replace to not risk regressing to the point before his initial purchase = £53m outlay (not accounting for inflation), presumably then we do this again, and again and again... The well getting smaller and smaller each time until there is invariably nothing left to replace him with (or any other positions) and we fall off the edge.

If we sign a proven 23/24/25 year old and sell him on at age 27 or 28 for a profit then our outlay never goes above the initial fee, and may well even allow us to keep replacing with top quality and actually make money with each transaction.

A club our size cannot afford to spend £25m on a player and expect nothing back. The top 4 can do this. We need to think long term.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 16:17]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:16 - Jul 16 with 1912 viewsnyc_swans

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:13 - Jul 16 by E20Jack

Yes and thats the concern.

A club with our annual income simply HAS to be forward thinking in terms of transfers.

With your scenario, we pay £26.5m now to replace Siggy and when we have exhausted Viera we then presumably look to spend the same again to replace to not risk regressing to the point before his initial purchase = £53m outlay (not accounting for inflation), presumably then we do this again, and again and again... The well getting smaller and smaller each time until there is invariably nothing left to replace him with (or any other positions) and we fall off the edge.

If we sign a proven 23/24/25 year old and sell him on at age 27 or 28 for a profit then our outlay never goes above the initial fee, and may well even allow us to keep replacing with top quality and actually make money with each transaction.

A club our size cannot afford to spend £25m on a player and expect nothing back. The top 4 can do this. We need to think long term.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 16:17]

if the club is still in the premier league in a few years then it will be money well spent. the tv money that comes with premier league football has to be more important than margins on transfer fees.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:20 - Jul 16 with 1874 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:16 - Jul 16 by nyc_swans

if the club is still in the premier league in a few years then it will be money well spent. the tv money that comes with premier league football has to be more important than margins on transfer fees.

The two arent mutually exclusive.

You dont have to have a short term view on transfers which almost guarantees losing millions upon millions in order to stay in the Premier league.

You can have forward thinking transfer policies and stay in the Premier league. In fact, by its very nature, there is far more chance of long term success adopting the latter than the former.

This £45m has given us a chance to be set up for a very long time. Buying excellent prospects and selling on for cost or profit. We can essentially do that for a very very long time. Buying and allowing that players value to run out last for how long? 2? 3? signings? Then we are back to square 1 except we have no gylfi or gylfi money... With an AMC slot needing replacing.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 16:22]

Login to get fewer ads

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:20 - Jul 16 with 1874 viewsBorojack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:11 - Jul 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Borojack.. presumably from Middlesbrough.. and quite possibly the only person on this forum who would even think of defending the clubs scouting department.. is your first name Dave?

We signed a few good ones last season Mawson Llorente Carrol Olsonn Ayew.
Baston being the exception.
The season before we Signed Anre Ayew on a free and sold him for over 20 million
Some are hits some are misses same with all clubs.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:22 - Jul 16 with 1852 viewsLoyal

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:06 - Jul 16 by Borojack

I genuinely believe we don't have anyone or group of people that resemble a scouting team 😂
Gen.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:25 - Jul 16 with 1830 viewsBanosswan

[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 16:25]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:25 - Jul 16 with 1825 viewsdameedna

It was only a matter of time

We have been mentioining this geezer for a few weeks.

Personally dont think he is worth the money touted, was thinking more like under 20m quid.

But he can play both wings and is a natural inside forward.

Interesting to see the club get mentioned in connection with obvious candidates.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:26 - Jul 16 with 1820 viewsBanosswan

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:20 - Jul 16 by E20Jack

You dont have to have a short term view on transfers which almost guarantees losing millions upon millions in order to stay in the Premier league.

You can have forward thinking transfer policies and stay in the Premier league. In fact, by its very nature, there is far more chance of long term success adopting the latter than the former.

This £45m has given us a chance to be set up for a very long time. Buying excellent prospects and selling on for cost or profit. We can essentially do that for a very very long time. Buying and allowing that players value to run out last for how long? 2? 3? signings? Then we are back to square 1 except we have no gylfi or gylfi money... With an AMC slot needing replacing.

Well unless Gylfi discovers the fountain of youth, we'd have to replace him in 5-6 years anyway

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:26 - Jul 16 with 1820 viewsraynor94

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:20 - Jul 16 by Borojack

We signed a few good ones last season Mawson Llorente Carrol Olsonn Ayew.
Baston being the exception.
The season before we Signed Anre Ayew on a free and sold him for over 20 million
Some are hits some are misses same with all clubs.

Excellent post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:28 - Jul 16 with 1807 viewsjohnlangy

What's your opinion if Paul Clement thinks he's the best available player at the price ?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:30 - Jul 16 with 1788 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:20 - Jul 16 by E20Jack

In theory that's sensible.

You can't fix a short term problem with a long term solution though. We need to replace Gylfis goals and assists or we are going to be in a relegation battle. Hopefully the goals will be spread around more evenly, but we need a key player in to replace him.

Not saying Viera is that man, I don't think I've ever seen him play, but if he is, we shouldn't be put off paying for him.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:37 - Jul 16 with 1748 viewsDr_Winston

In common with basically everyone commenting on the topic I have no idea if he's the best value option or not. I do know that if he's the one that all involved at the club have identified as the best option then I'm happy to let them carry on.

Would I prefer to sign a team of Michuesque bargains? Yes. Do I think that generally we should be looking to find the rough diamonds that other teams miss? Yes. Am I averse to the occasional big signing that doesn't necessarily have to result in a major sale? Absolutely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:39 - Jul 16 with 1739 viewsraynor94

Can't say I know anything about him, I see he signed for Las Palmas for 800 thousand two seasons ago, so slightly mystified how his value has rocketed to 26 million, but if Clement thinks he's the one, let's hope a deal can be agreed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:40 - Jul 16 with 1725 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:30 - Jul 16 by jack247

In theory that's sensible.

You can't fix a short term problem with a long term solution though. We need to replace Gylfis goals and assists or we are going to be in a relegation battle. Hopefully the goals will be spread around more evenly, but we need a key player in to replace him.

Not saying Viera is that man, I don't think I've ever seen him play, but if he is, we shouldn't be put off paying for him.

Thats the point. Replacing an AMC IS a long term problem not a short term one. We will need a central midfielder for the length of the existence of the club. So to put all our eggs in the basket of our next 2 or 3 midfielders before the cash is gone is awful thinking. We coukd potentially replace with sheers class for decades off the back of this.

As for the short term problem, he isnt the only player that cam score goals. There are a plethora of younger players out there destined for big things that we can now afford and would be very little risk financially in the long term.

Renato Sanches went for €35m (and a host of add ons). If we came in prior to the Euros with the cash in the table who knows what woudk have happened. Its players like this we need to be going for. Aubemayang was clearly goung to be incredible and we persued him for a while and now hes being touted for €80m.

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:47 - Jul 16 with 1687 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:26 - Jul 16 by Banosswan

Well unless Gylfi discovers the fountain of youth, we'd have to replace him in 5-6 years anyway

hence why it is important we sell these players at the peak of their value and reinvest so the cycle can continue. I have never been an advocate of keeping Gylfi. If the price is right then in order for the club to progress they simoly have to be sold.

Surely people can see that if we keep buying and losing miney on players then eventually we will have nothing left?

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:52 - Jul 16 with 1660 viewsnyc_swans

"Renato Sanches went for €35m"

i just don't understand this argument. you think spending this kind of money on a teenager would have been more sensible?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:53 - Jul 16 with 1651 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:40 - Jul 16 by E20Jack

Thats the point. Replacing an AMC IS a long term problem not a short term one. We will need a central midfielder for the length of the existence of the club. So to put all our eggs in the basket of our next 2 or 3 midfielders before the cash is gone is awful thinking. We coukd potentially replace with sheers class for decades off the back of this.

As for the short term problem, he isnt the only player that cam score goals. There are a plethora of younger players out there destined for big things that we can now afford and would be very little risk financially in the long term.

Renato Sanches went for €35m (and a host of add ons). If we came in prior to the Euros with the cash in the table who knows what woudk have happened. Its players like this we need to be going for. Aubemayang was clearly goung to be incredible and we persued him for a while and now hes being touted for €80m.

Its not at the moment. If we don't get this signing right, the chances are we will go down. That's a short term problem. I'll say it again, I'm not commenting on Viera specifically, just saying if we find the right player, we shouldn't be scared to pay £25m

There is a happy medium between being prudent and spending when we need to spend.

Are you suggesting we base our strategy on signing global superstars before they make it big?
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:59 - Jul 16 with 1619 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:37 - Jul 16 by Dr_Winston

In common with basically everyone commenting on the topic I have no idea if he's the best value option or not. I do know that if he's the one that all involved at the club have identified as the best option then I'm happy to let them carry on.

Would I prefer to sign a team of Michuesque bargains? Yes. Do I think that generally we should be looking to find the rough diamonds that other teams miss? Yes. Am I averse to the occasional big signing that doesn't necessarily have to result in a major sale? Absolutely.

Its not a case of finding michuesque rough diamonds.

£26.5m is the sort of fee you can pay for one of Europes best midfield prospects that are proving their worth week in week out, that will be very low risk when it comes to sell on.

Alternatively - Pedro went to Chelsea from Barca for £21m at 27 years of age. A player in the Spanish side that had performed consistantly for the best team in the world for years. Someone like that may hold their value for a little while as they are already "a name".

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:59 - Jul 16 with 1616 viewsjack247

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:47 - Jul 16 by E20Jack

hence why it is important we sell these players at the peak of their value and reinvest so the cycle can continue. I have never been an advocate of keeping Gylfi. If the price is right then in order for the club to progress they simoly have to be sold.

Surely people can see that if we keep buying and losing miney on players then eventually we will have nothing left?

Even if we did keep buying and losing money on players, it's quite plausible that a well run club of our size could have a net transfer deficit every season and remain in profit. It's not as if all our revenue comes from the transfer market.
Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 17:00 - Jul 16 with 1609 viewsE20Jack

Viera - Las Palmas - 25mill Euro bid on 16:52 - Jul 16 by nyc_swans

"Renato Sanches went for €35m"

i just don't understand this argument. you think spending this kind of money on a teenager would have been more sensible?

More sensible than spending €30m on Jonathan Veira?

Absolutely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024