Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wilfried Bony return thread 20:33 - Jul 16 with 19723 viewsGTCJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-targeting

"Meanwhile, it is thought Swansea could be considering a move to bring former fan favourite Wilfried Bony back to SA1.

The 28-year-old enjoyed an excellent season and a half in South Wales before making a £25million switch to Manchester City in January 2015."

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:12 - Jul 19 with 2766 viewsjack247

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:53 - Jul 19 by jackjackjackjack

"He was lazy, off the pace, sluggish. Couldn't keep up with play"

"He was awful. If Swansea pay more than 20 quid, never mind 20 mill, they're mugs. It was almost like starting with 10 men when he played, was always 5 or 6 steps behind the play."

"It's too much of a risk on a free transfer, he's finished. He's so far off the pace"

Thoughts of Stoke fans on Reddit... Go get him, Huw.

That kind of sums it up. He would have been slow and sluggish if we'd expected him to keep up with the pace of the game when he was here.

Use him as a pivot, play balls to his feet and chest to hold up, play people through or then and get a shot away. He was never the type you'd want chasing back or running onto through balls.

Do agree he's worth nowhere near £20m though. He didn't go for too much more than that when he was one of the top scorers in the league. With the wages he is likely to be on, I'd say they would need to set a low price to move him on.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:51 - Jul 19 with 2678 viewshobo

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:12 - Jul 19 by jack247

That kind of sums it up. He would have been slow and sluggish if we'd expected him to keep up with the pace of the game when he was here.

Use him as a pivot, play balls to his feet and chest to hold up, play people through or then and get a shot away. He was never the type you'd want chasing back or running onto through balls.

Do agree he's worth nowhere near £20m though. He didn't go for too much more than that when he was one of the top scorers in the league. With the wages he is likely to be on, I'd say they would need to set a low price to move him on.

They are looking to get £10m for him
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:54 - Jul 19 with 2660 viewsjack247

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 17:51 - Jul 19 by hobo

They are looking to get £10m for him

More realistic, probably settle for £7-8m. The post I was replying to quoted £20m, which just isn't going to happen
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 18:11 - Jul 19 with 2625 viewslonglostjack

At £8m I think we should take the risk. On the other hand I wouldn't mind paying out the same to see what PC could do with Zohore

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 23:57 - Jul 19 with 2400 viewsKerouac

I'd have Bony back for £8m in a heartbeat.

The deal makes a lot of sense, he fits us well, he was happy here, Man City owe us money...and most importantly, he was always top class.

I don't buy this sh*t that he isn't the same player or that he failed at City.
They did not give him a fair crack.
He has been training with some of the best players in the world day in and day out...and has always looked the part for the Ivory Coast.
Give him a couple of months and he will click here again.

This deal also makes sense in terms of squad shape.
We would then have 2 excellent target men in Llorente & Bony with Abraham able to play as an inside forward or up front if we need to change style.
We would start to have attacking options again.
If we sell Siggy and get 2/3 players for the 2nd line we will start to look very dangerous again.

Imagine. Pick 4 from;
Llorente, Bony, Abraham, Ayew...Siggy Replacement...New exciting Left winger...Narsingh...possibly another winger/attacking midfielder.

and they will be playing in front of;

---------------------------------- Target Man ------------------------------
Winger/Inside Forward ----- No.10 ---- Winger/Inside Forward
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------ Carroll ---------- Mesa ----------------------------
Olsson----------------------------------------------------------- Naughton
--------------------- Mawson -------- Fernandez ------------------------
-------------------------------- Fabianski ------------------------------------

....we would start to look like a proper team again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 02:44 - Jul 20 with 2340 viewsMo_Wives

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 23:57 - Jul 19 by Kerouac

The deal makes a lot of sense, he fits us well, he was happy here, Man City owe us money...and most importantly, he was always top class.

He has been training with some of the best players in the world day in and day out...and has always looked the part for the Ivory Coast.

We would then have 2 excellent target men in Llorente & Bony with Abraham able to play as an inside forward or up front if we need to change style.
If we sell Siggy and get 2/3 players for the 2nd line we will start to look very dangerous again.

Imagine. Pick 4 from;
Llorente, Bony, Abraham, Ayew...Siggy Replacement...New exciting Left winger...Narsingh...possibly another winger/attacking midfielder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBH, I think if Bony comes back it means llorente is going.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 06:50 - Jul 20 with 2274 viewsMattG

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 02:44 - Jul 20 by Mo_Wives

TBH, I think if Bony comes back it means llorente is going.

Agreed - can't see us having Llorente, Bony and Abraham on the books.
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 07:31 - Jul 20 with 2219 viewsZut_Alors

I'd like to see us being proactive rather than reactive with the striker situation.

It seems we'll have to wait until Siggy situation resolves to sort out attacking mids and wide players, but for me, we can't risk playing that game twice with Llorente too. Get Bony in first and then we're far better off if Llorente wants to go.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 7:32]
Login to get fewer ads

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 07:47 - Jul 20 with 2196 viewsJFSwan

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 23:57 - Jul 19 by Kerouac

Imagine. Pick 4 from;

People keep using this formation as their preferred but PC only used it when chasing a game. The 4-4-2 diamond and the 4-3-3 were used considerably more and i think it will continue that way
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 11:13 - Jul 20 with 2088 viewsSwansea93

Who would have Bony back over Llorente then?

It is believed discussions over a deal to re-sign the Ivorian have taken place, although it may be that such a deal only takes place if Fernando Llorente were to leave this summer.

"Bony is a striker that we know well, the club knows well from his time here previously, and Wilfried hasn't played so much since he left the club where he had done so well in his last spell.

"I won't say that we are interested and I won't say that we're not at this stage, but we'll have to see what happens with some of our other players that play in those forward positions."

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 14:09 - Jul 20 with 1985 viewsMarinaJack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 11:13 - Jul 20 by Swansea93

Who would have Bony back over Llorente then?

It is believed discussions over a deal to re-sign the Ivorian have taken place, although it may be that such a deal only takes place if Fernando Llorente were to leave this summer.

"Bony is a striker that we know well, the club knows well from his time here previously, and Wilfried hasn't played so much since he left the club where he had done so well in his last spell.

"I won't say that we are interested and I won't say that we're not at this stage, but we'll have to see what happens with some of our other players that play in those forward positions."

LLorente had a very good season last year, Bony was rubbish last year and pretty much didn't kick a ball the season before.

Based on the last 24 months of form Llorente must be considered a far better option
The Wilfried Bony return thread on 09:45 - Jul 21 with 1722 viewsDewi1jack

The Wilfried Bony return thread on 07:47 - Jul 20 by JFSwan

People keep using this formation as their preferred but PC only used it when chasing a game. The 4-4-2 diamond and the 4-3-3 were used considerably more and i think it will continue that way

People also keep using the term "squad shape."
The only shape some of them had was round.

Less than £8 to £10 million and it may be worth a gamble- Will was very wasteful in front of goal when he was here remember. But a terrific defender.
£11 to £20 million and it's still a no from me.
We should be looking for younger and better. They are out there.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024