Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game Of Thrones Back 06:59 - Jul 17 with 2408 viewsSTID2017

Series 7 broadcast 2.00 a.m. UK time
Just wish there was another way to see it
Can't wait to watch it

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Game Of Thrones Back on 22:30 - Jul 17 with 2334 viewsSTID2017

Really enjoyed it - welcome back

Game Of Thrones Back on 15:34 - Aug 5 with 2153 viewsGroo

Looks like the next episode will be epic.

Its reported that this one had a major budget to make.

Groo does what Groo does best

Game Of Thrones Back on 16:47 - Aug 5 with 2120 viewsdickythorpe

Please don't take me as being negative here.....but what is it all about? I've never watched an episode and on Saturday kitchen this morning the guest was Gemma whelan. I had no idea who she was and even she said no one really recognises her in the street, unlike some of her co-stars.
Game Of Thrones Back on 16:50 - Aug 5 with 2116 viewsElward

Game Of Thrones Back on 15:34 - Aug 5 by Groo

Looks like the next episode will be epic.

Its reported that this one had a major budget to make.

Episode 4 already leaked online/kodi. Best 1 of the season yet
Game Of Thrones Back on 16:52 - Aug 5 with 2114 viewsexiledclaseboy

Game Of Thrones Back on 16:47 - Aug 5 by dickythorpe

Please don't take me as being negative here.....but what is it all about? I've never watched an episode and on Saturday kitchen this morning the guest was Gemma whelan. I had no idea who she was and even she said no one really recognises her in the street, unlike some of her co-stars.

It's like Lord of the Rings with added incest and gore. The mrs loves it and from the few episodes I've watched with her I've no idea what all the fuss is about.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2017 9:27]

Poll: Tory leader

Game Of Thrones Back on 16:55 - Aug 5 with 2109 viewsGroo

It's epic fantasy very well made with a big budget. It's very blood thirsty, lots of back stabbing, betrayal and major characters get bumped off often.

The books (5 of 7 completed) are great and the first season followed the first book quite well and since then deviated quite a bit.

It's all about the fight for a throne or separate kingdoms in a fantasy world based in medieval type times.

Dragons are real, initially though long gone but they reappear and even an army of the dead.

Very well made.

Game Of Thrones Back on 16:58 - Aug 5 with 2100 viewsGroo

Gemma Whelan in GoT

Game Of Thrones Back on 18:30 - Aug 5 with 2071 viewsdickythorpe

Escapism then, a land of make belief in the dungeons of dragons mode.
Well enjoy it to those who are fans but for me it isn't "real" enough from the sounds of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Game Of Thrones Back on 19:16 - Aug 5 with 2059 viewsBanosswan

Game Of Thrones Back on 18:30 - Aug 5 by dickythorpe

Well enjoy it to those who are fans but for me it isn't "real" enough from the sounds of it.

I'd argue there's not enough fantasy in it and too much 'real' politicking for the throne. White walkers should have much more game time.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Game Of Thrones Back on 09:19 - Aug 6 with 1984 viewsSTID2017

You really have to watch from the beginning.
We didn't watch until after Series 5 had finished.
Watched one episode, then watched the other 59 in short succession, before watching Series 6 "live"
Brilliant series, full of fantasy, drama, sex,extreme bad language, intrigue, and back stabbing with many quality (mostly British) actors.
Hasn't failed to deliver so far

Game Of Thrones Back on 09:20 - Aug 6 with 1984 viewsDrGonzo

Being a book fan need I found series 4 onwards a bit of a drag. Enjoying this one though even though it's a fan servicing.
Game Of Thrones Back on 09:25 - Aug 6 with 1983 viewsSTID2017

Game Of Thrones Back on 09:20 - Aug 6 by DrGonzo

Being a book fan need I found series 4 onwards a bit of a drag. Enjoying this one though even though it's a fan servicing.

One of relatives who read the books said that.
Guess I'll leave the books until after every series has finished and see what I missed out on

Game Of Thrones Back on 11:03 - Aug 6 with 1949 viewsDrGonzo

Well he's still writing two more books so you may be waiting a long time. They are brilliant though so I'd advise to crack on asap.
Game Of Thrones Back on 11:23 - Aug 6 with 1935 viewsYossarian

Game Of Thrones Back on 18:30 - Aug 5 by dickythorpe

Children's hour for the Xbox generation. You know, the snowflake ones......

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Game Of Thrones Back on 11:46 - Aug 6 with 1922 viewsDrGonzo

Game Of Thrones Back on 11:23 - Aug 6 by Yossarian

Children's hour for the Xbox generation. You know, the snowflake ones......

So, are we categorizing all adult fiction as childish now?
Game Of Thrones Back on 12:22 - Aug 6 with 1902 viewsDr_Winston

Game Of Thrones Back on 09:25 - Aug 6 by STID2017

One of relatives who read the books said that.
Guess I'll leave the books until after every series has finished and see what I missed out on

First three books are excellent. Fourth and fifth still pretty good, although badly in need of editing.

So far the show has done a pretty good job of streamlining the story and hitting the beats that matter, although they did badly botch the Dorne storyline.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Game Of Thrones Back on 12:32 - Aug 6 with 1892 viewsItchySphincter

It's bubblegum TV. Definitely not my kind of thing normally but got given the first couple of series' on a hard drive when I was away on a long job and kept up with it ever since. It's just a bit of a romp really.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Game Of Thrones Back on 21:43 - Aug 7 with 1756 viewsDrGonzo

Well.
Game Of Thrones Back on 00:31 - Aug 9 with 1646 viewsGroo

Good doc on how they made this weeks epic battle scenes

Game Of Thrones Back on 10:36 - Aug 9 with 1549 viewsMrSwerve

Game Of Thrones Back on 09:19 - Aug 6 by STID2017

You really have to watch from the beginning.
We didn't watch until after Series 5 had finished.
Watched one episode, then watched the other 59 in short succession, before watching Series 6 "live"
Brilliant series, full of fantasy, drama, sex,extreme bad language, intrigue, and back stabbing with many quality (mostly British) actors.
Hasn't failed to deliver so far

Exactly what we've done...just finished series 6 yesterday. Time to watch the new one now.

I've loved it. There's not that much 'fantasy' in my opinion. Apart from the White walkers and the dragons, who aren't in it that much at all, it's all medieval stuff.

Very raunchy and violent though, so I wouldn't watch it around kids.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Game Of Thrones Back on 21:57 - Aug 11 with 1445 viewsSTID2017

Game Of Thrones Back on 10:36 - Aug 9 by MrSwerve

Exactly what we've done...just finished series 6 yesterday. Time to watch the new one now.

I've loved it. There's not that much 'fantasy' in my opinion. Apart from the White walkers and the dragons, who aren't in it that much at all, it's all medieval stuff.

Very raunchy and violent though, so I wouldn't watch it around kids.

Deliberate mistake - meant 49 !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024