Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jefferson Montero 23:13 - Jul 17 with 8100 viewsNirvana

We've reportedly "offered" Montero to Newcastle for as little as £4m, with some journalist tweeting "from his personal Twitter account" that they are interested:

http://www.90min.com/posts/5248549-swansea-city-reportedly-offer-ecuador-star-an

Not a lot of money for him, obviously, but the Montero ship sailed a long time ago. Any amount we get could be considered a bonus, since he hasn't offered much during his time with us.

Sounds like The Americans agree, and hopefully a deal is imminent

(I wish you all the best, Jefferson.)
Jefferson Montero on 11:24 - Jul 18 with 1580 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero on 11:12 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

he's not awful he is inconsistent

awful players don't terrorise top teams like Montero has against the likes of Chelsea and arsenal

He also appears to be injury prone shame as on his day he is a far better winger than the likes of routledge and narsingh

He's not even inconsistent, he's just a one trick pony with a very effective trick. He will beat near enough anyone for pace or running at them one on one. Take away the space behind the fullback and he has nothing to offer.

Benitez is a top class manager, maybe he has a way of playing that creates the space for Montero to attack. Good luck if that's the case.

Yes, on his day(i.e. against a team who don't respect us enough to defend deep against pace) he is devastating. When was his last day though?
Jefferson Montero on 11:32 - Jul 18 with 1555 viewsE20Jack

Jefferson Montero on 11:12 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

he's not awful he is inconsistent

awful players don't terrorise top teams like Montero has against the likes of Chelsea and arsenal

He also appears to be injury prone shame as on his day he is a far better winger than the likes of routledge and narsingh

Nah hes awful.

Cant shoot, cant pass, cant tackle. One trick pony that is very easy to defend.

awful.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jefferson Montero on 12:09 - Jul 18 with 1491 viewsMarinaJack

Jefferson Montero on 11:32 - Jul 18 by E20Jack

Nah hes awful.

Cant shoot, cant pass, cant tackle. One trick pony that is very easy to defend.

awful.

best tell ivanovoic and chambers that as he totally destroyed them when he played against them.

tell me a time you have seen our wide players do that against Chelsea and arsenal??
Jefferson Montero on 12:13 - Jul 18 with 1474 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero on 12:09 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

best tell ivanovoic and chambers that as he totally destroyed them when he played against them.

tell me a time you have seen our wide players do that against Chelsea and arsenal??

That Arsenal game was 3 years ago.
Jefferson Montero on 12:16 - Jul 18 with 1468 viewsMarinaJack

Jefferson Montero on 12:13 - Jul 18 by jack247

That Arsenal game was 3 years ago.

and in the mean time who of our other wide players has played so well vs a top team?

i'll tell you the answer it's nobody.

Anyhow I don't oppose the sale he is injury prone and he is inconsistent and looks like he wants away. But he certainly isn't useless as some folk on here (most of whom have never played the game I'd guess) are trying to make out , there is a player in there somewhere
Jefferson Montero on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 1444 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero on 12:16 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

and in the mean time who of our other wide players has played so well vs a top team?

Anyhow I don't oppose the sale he is injury prone and he is inconsistent and looks like he wants away. But he certainly isn't useless as some folk on here (most of whom have never played the game I'd guess) are trying to make out , there is a player in there somewhere

You're slating Bony on another thread for looking terrible last season. Montero has had a handful of electric games since he joined us. He has been awful, injured or out of the team the rest of the time.
Jefferson Montero on 12:26 - Jul 18 with 1440 viewsE20Jack

Jefferson Montero on 12:09 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

Thats because they did not defend deep and exposed them to his pace.

Doesnt mean hes a good footballer though does it.

Jefferson Montero on 12:28 - Jul 18 with 1430 viewsMarinaJack

Jefferson Montero on 12:25 - Jul 18 by jack247

You're slating Bony on another thread for looking terrible last season. Montero has had a handful of electric games since he joined us. He has been awful, injured or out of the team the rest of the time.

Not slating bony at all, he was class. Just said he looks slow and unfit and with hardly any 1st team football in 2 years I wouldn't take a punt on him but he has been a class player in his time no arguments from me.

I'm still awaiting your reply as to which wide players in our squad have turned in better performances vs top teams since Montero did it.

you don't appear to be able to answer it??
Login to get fewer ads

Jefferson Montero on 12:38 - Jul 18 with 1396 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero on 12:28 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

Not slating bony at all, he was class. Just said he looks slow and unfit and with hardly any 1st team football in 2 years I wouldn't take a punt on him but he has been a class player in his time no arguments from me.

I'm still awaiting your reply as to which wide players in our squad have turned in better performances vs top teams since Montero did it.

you don't appear to be able to answer it??

None of them have. For patches of both those games, he was sublime. Both times, he was up against an exposed centre back playing out of position in a team defending with a high line. His most recent good game was 2 years ago.

We haven't played with traditional wide players for a while. Probably because Clement doesn't see Montero, the three ahead of him or Barrow as good enough.

I'd take £4m for any of them, bar possibly Narsingh,to be honest.
Jefferson Montero on 12:42 - Jul 18 with 1383 viewsSwanjaxs

Jefferson Montero on 12:16 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

In a nutshell we haven't got a decent wide man in our entire squad and needs addressing pronto! Last season we had arguably one of the best target man in the Premier League in Llorente but if it wasn't for Sigurdsson he would have had next to no service

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Jefferson Montero on 12:44 - Jul 18 with 1371 viewsMarinaJack

Jefferson Montero on 12:42 - Jul 18 by Swanjaxs

In a nutshell we haven't got a decent wide man in our entire squad and needs addressing pronto! Last season we had arguably one of the best target man in the Premier League in Llorente but if it wasn't for Sigurdsson he would have had next to no service

exactly why I have said we should be replacing siggy (if he goes) with wingers / wide forwards not a number 10.

Roberts at man city, mirallas at Everton or chadili at wba would all be great for us
Jefferson Montero on 12:53 - Jul 18 with 1341 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero on 12:44 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

exactly why I have said we should be replacing siggy (if he goes) with wingers / wide forwards not a number 10.

Roberts at man city, mirallas at Everton or chadili at wba would all be great for us

So you agree Montero isn't up to it then?
Jefferson Montero on 12:54 - Jul 18 with 1339 viewsMarinaJack

Jefferson Montero on 12:26 - Jul 18 by E20Jack

Thats because they did not defend deep and exposed them to his pace.

Doesnt mean hes a good footballer though does it.

give over will you your making him to be a modern day john Williams.

Montero is no Leighton james but you make out he can barely kick a ball

plus as you say at the very least he makes full backs defend deep which allows us to press on as a team and also ensures their full backs can't charge forward in attack.

I'm not sure if you have played football but if you playing full back the 1 thing that will really trouble you is out and out pace (the other is the ability to dribble inside and outside)

Ask anyone was has played the game they will tell you
Jefferson Montero on 13:05 - Jul 18 with 1312 viewsSwanjaxs

Jefferson Montero on 12:54 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

plus as you say at the very least he makes full backs defend deep which allows us to press on as a team and also ensures their full backs can't charge forward in attack.

I'm not sure if you have played football but if you playing full back the 1 thing that will really trouble you is out and out pace (the other is the ability to dribble inside and outside)

So who you play for then?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Jefferson Montero on 13:06 - Jul 18 with 1309 viewsMarinaJack

Jefferson Montero on 13:05 - Jul 18 by Swanjaxs

So who you play for then?

no one now i'm nearly 50! you?
Jefferson Montero on 13:10 - Jul 18 with 1301 viewsDyfnant

We can't afford to carry someone that's unavailable November to February every season.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jefferson Montero on 13:10 - Jul 18 with 1299 viewsSwanjaxs

Jefferson Montero on 13:06 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

no one now i'm nearly 50! you?

Played locally at fairly good standard, but many moons ago, but my opinion is no more valid than any other on here regardless of having played the beautiful game or not, sounds to me like you may be an ex pro the way you're going on.....

Jefferson Montero on 13:16 - Jul 18 with 1282 viewsMarinaJack

Jefferson Montero on 13:10 - Jul 18 by Swanjaxs

Played locally at fairly good standard, but many moons ago, but my opinion is no more valid than any other on here regardless of having played the beautiful game or not, sounds to me like you may be an ex pro the way you're going on.....

ex semi pro :)

I proably played against you anyhow, if you played full back you'll know as well as I do .

Pace is a b@gger to mark, especially in the modern game where 1 mistimed tackle sees you booked.

Montero is no world beater but at least he can pose defenders questions, routledge is very easy for any defender to mark because he lacks pace.

Even if he beats you, you can still get back to make the tackle , and dyer appears to have lost all confidence in taking his man on with the ball at his feet.

Clearly we need a huge upgrade on our wide players both in terms of goals and assists, even more so given kyle's lack of effectiveness as a goal threat from full back

what you make to the three I suggested?
Roberts,mirallas and chadili ??
Jefferson Montero on 13:25 - Jul 18 with 1265 viewsSwanjaxs

Jefferson Montero on 13:16 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

I proably played against you anyhow, if you played full back you'll know as well as I do .

Pace is a b@gger to mark, especially in the modern game where 1 mistimed tackle sees you booked.

Montero is no world beater but at least he can pose defenders questions, routledge is very easy for any defender to mark because he lacks pace.

Even if he beats you, you can still get back to make the tackle , and dyer appears to have lost all confidence in taking his man on with the ball at his feet.

Clearly we need a huge upgrade on our wide players both in terms of goals and assists, even more so given kyle's lack of effectiveness as a goal threat from full back

All three would be an upgrade to what we have, slight worry regarding Chadili would be his attitude, Mauricio Pochettino didn't fancy him for some reason and fighting Pulis doesn't sit well with me (even though Pulis is a còck)... but yes as you say there's no substitute for raw pace, but there has to be an end product, sadly all our wide men lack at least one and some both of these qualities...
[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 13:27]

Jefferson Montero on 13:46 - Jul 18 with 1215 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero on 13:16 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

Montero is much easier to mark than Routledge. He is purely pace. Yes, that's a nightmare one on one, but no one leaves their full back exposed against him and it neutralises him. Routledge doesn't have pace or acceleration but he is far more cerebral. He times his runs properly and finds gaps in defences. Clearly, he isn't the answer has he has no end product. The guy is past his best but he is a Rodgers/Laudrup style footballer, he uses intelligence and interaction with team mates to play his way past defenders, rather than using electric pace and acceleration, which is a killer one on one but not much use when centre backs step out wide to cover their fullback.
Jefferson Montero on 13:55 - Jul 18 with 1195 viewsMarinaJack

Jefferson Montero on 13:46 - Jul 18 by jack247

Montero is much easier to mark than Routledge. He is purely pace. Yes, that's a nightmare one on one, but no one leaves their full back exposed against him and it neutralises him. Routledge doesn't have pace or acceleration but he is far more cerebral. He times his runs properly and finds gaps in defences. Clearly, he isn't the answer has he has no end product. The guy is past his best but he is a Rodgers/Laudrup style footballer, he uses intelligence and interaction with team mates to play his way past defenders, rather than using electric pace and acceleration, which is a killer one on one but not much use when centre backs step out wide to cover their fullback.

trust me he's not, certainly when your the guy that has been given the task of marking him

btw neither are the long term answer routledge is too slow and Jefferson not consistent enough and too injury prone.

I wouldn't mind both (and dyer) being sold tbh
Jefferson Montero on 14:08 - Jul 18 with 1166 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero on 13:55 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

trust me he's not, certainly when your the guy that has been given the task of marking him

btw neither are the long term answer routledge is too slow and Jefferson not consistent enough and too injury prone.

I wouldn't mind both (and dyer) being sold tbh

Your first sentence sums up where we disagree. If one guy has the job of marking him, then absolutely, he is a nightmare. What teams do is put a fullback on him and the centre back steps aside to intercept the ball when Montero knocks it past his man. Depending on how wide he goes, a central midfielder may drop a bit deeper to cover the centre back. It then becomes very easy. It doesn't create more space elsewhere, as he sticks so rigidly to the touchline the centre back only needs to shuffle over a few paces. It just makes teams drop back a bit.

Yes, I'd sell them both too. I've been a big Routledge fan over the years, but he has been declining the last two seasons and his end product is awful.
Jefferson Montero on 14:11 - Jul 18 with 1158 viewsE20Jack

Jefferson Montero on 12:54 - Jul 18 by MarinaJack

I would imagine the vast majority have played the game. You just cannot see what most others do.

He is truly awful. Yes he is fast, yes his pace makes opponents set a deeper defence... but that still doesnt mean he is a good footballer does it.

He is fast. thats it. Nowhere near a Premier League player.

Jefferson Montero on 14:17 - Jul 18 with 1143 viewsPozuelosSideys

Get rid

Whats the point in having players if theyre usually injured or bang out of form?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jefferson Montero on 14:20 - Jul 18 with 1132 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero on 14:17 - Jul 18 by PozuelosSideys

Get rid

Whats the point in having players if theyre usually injured or bang out of form?

You must have missed the game against Arsenal in 2014
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024