Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread 02:25 - Jul 18 with 15228 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Jul 2017 8:38]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 09:20 - Jul 19 with 3549 viewsJackSkellington

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 06:15 - Jul 19 by JethroJack

Similar to Barnet FC then.
Oh, shite.

I'm not so worried about the results of these friendlies. The last season we screwed them all up we finished 8th. Frequently seems to be an inverse correlation between the results of our pre-season games and our actual season.
The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 10:32 - Jul 19 with 3452 viewsswanjackal

This post isn't about the friendly tonight per se, but in general.

Why do the club not live stream via twitch/YouTube all the friendly games that do not have a broadcast deal? I can understand the Philadelphia Union one, as they had their own service, but not others for this point.

The club obviously owns the equipment to do so, as they film for highlights of reserve/u23 teams, and I doubt there are any legal issues as no deals with broadcast firms/leagues are violated I would think.

If there is some ruling preventing it, then fair enough, but common sense would dictate otherwise. It wouldn't be expensive to stream to a set up channel, all it would take is the camera,used for highlights creation, set up with an active laptop linked to a high speed internet connection, something you would assume is available locally to a stadium/arena/ground.

It's madness that the club don't capitalise on this (or maybe not, judging on results and the over-reaction seen here at the friendlies). They clearly have all the tech, so is there any specifics to not doing it regularly, especially for international friendlies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 10:57 - Jul 19 with 3407 viewsHeadmaster

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 10:32 - Jul 19 by swanjackal

This post isn't about the friendly tonight per se, but in general.

Why do the club not live stream via twitch/YouTube all the friendly games that do not have a broadcast deal? I can understand the Philadelphia Union one, as they had their own service, but not others for this point.

The club obviously owns the equipment to do so, as they film for highlights of reserve/u23 teams, and I doubt there are any legal issues as no deals with broadcast firms/leagues are violated I would think.

If there is some ruling preventing it, then fair enough, but common sense would dictate otherwise. It wouldn't be expensive to stream to a set up channel, all it would take is the camera,used for highlights creation, set up with an active laptop linked to a high speed internet connection, something you would assume is available locally to a stadium/arena/ground.

It's madness that the club don't capitalise on this (or maybe not, judging on results and the over-reaction seen here at the friendlies). They clearly have all the tech, so is there any specifics to not doing it regularly, especially for international friendlies.

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/how-follow-action-swans-face-richmond-kickers
The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 11:05 - Jul 19 with 3398 viewsswanjackal

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 10:57 - Jul 19 by Headmaster

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/how-follow-action-swans-face-richmond-kickers

Yeah, I read that, but without the logistical issues explained, my point still stands. What logistically stops the streaming? Zero network coverage? Unsuitable levelled gantry (solved by pre assessment and hiring of scaffold/gantry), current media deal?

I'm sorry but "logistical issues" alone is not a robust enough excuse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 11:23 - Jul 19 with 3365 viewsLoyal

So basically ceefax plus one.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 11:27 - Jul 19 with 3352 viewsairedale

If someone can 'scope it via a poxy little mobile phone, then shirley its possible via a video camera plus puter?
The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 11:30 - Jul 19 with 3344 viewsswanjackal

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 11:23 - Jul 19 by Loyal

So basically ceefax plus one.

Seems so. I have looked into it a bit, and it seemed Richmond regularly streamed all their home games on YouTube, but abruptly stopped at the end of May. So logistically it would seem they have the facilities, maybe it's due to legal issues with their league (although not sure how a friendly would cause a problem).

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 11:34 - Jul 19 with 3334 viewsLoyal

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 11:27 - Jul 19 by airedale

If someone can 'scope it via a poxy little mobile phone, then shirley its possible via a video camera plus puter?

I think you have been warned before about talking sense.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 20:20 - Jul 19 with 2786 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread for those Periscope MVPs.

On a match note would like to see Abraham and Ayew given time upfront again. No 10 person change at half time.
The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 20:58 - Jul 19 with 2710 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 20:20 - Jul 19 by TheKirkyLife

I'll be keeping an eye out on this thread for those Periscope MVPs.

On a match note would like to see Abraham and Ayew given time upfront again. No 10 person change at half time.

Just pm'd a few American jacks via Twitter asking if anyone would be willing to scope the game, hopefully someone will help us out 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 21:37 - Jul 19 with 2612 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 11:05 - Jul 19 by swanjackal

Yeah, I read that, but without the logistical issues explained, my point still stands. What logistically stops the streaming? Zero network coverage? Unsuitable levelled gantry (solved by pre assessment and hiring of scaffold/gantry), current media deal?

I'm sorry but "logistical issues" alone is not a robust enough excuse.

Huw's got a mate in Skewen that does scaffolding but he was busy.
The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 22:10 - Jul 19 with 2527 viewsmax936

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 21:37 - Jul 19 by WarwickHunt

Huw's got a mate in Skewen that does scaffolding but he was busy.

He can't get me a scaffold pole for me to use as a line post can he

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 22:56 - Jul 19 with 2395 viewsswanjackal

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 22:10 - Jul 19 by max936

He can't get me a scaffold pole for me to use as a line post can he

I'm warning you, you're spoiling her.

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 23:03 - Jul 19 with 2374 viewsmax936

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 22:56 - Jul 19 by swanjackal

I'm warning you, you're spoiling her.

Aren't I just, she had me out the garden last night digging rotten bushes a shrubs up and I've suffered all-day after the knats bit feck out of me, tried allsorts to take the discomfort away, but nothings works, horrible bleeding things, that's her last

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 23:17 - Jul 19 with 2327 viewsswanjackal

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 23:03 - Jul 19 by max936

Aren't I just, she had me out the garden last night digging rotten bushes a shrubs up and I've suffered all-day after the knats bit feck out of me, tried allsorts to take the discomfort away, but nothings works, horrible bleeding things, that's her last

Probably not what you were expecting when she said "Darling, come and check out my bush."

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 23:49 - Jul 19 with 2211 viewsdailew

Starting with the second string now.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 23:50 - Jul 19 with 2204 viewsLoyal

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 23:49 - Jul 19 by dailew

Starting with the second string now.

One or two of them surely cannot feature this season.

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:09 - Jul 20 with 2110 viewsjack_lord

why isnt our number one keeper playing?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:13 - Jul 20 with 2082 viewsdailew

The other one had 12 players !!

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:20 - Jul 20 with 2038 viewsParsSwans

Just to touch on Jack Lords point where is Fabianski? Three games in and no sign of him? Makes no sense wonder why?
The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:30 - Jul 20 with 1973 viewsPokerface

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:20 - Jul 20 by ParsSwans

Just to touch on Jack Lords point where is Fabianski? Three games in and no sign of him? Makes no sense wonder why?

Kick off delayed by 10 mins...... wtf. To let the crowds in ? Grr

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:31 - Jul 20 with 1963 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:30 - Jul 20 by Pokerface

or they've seen our team and want to get out

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:32 - Jul 20 with 1952 viewsLoyal

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:30 - Jul 20 by Pokerface

Hardly matters nobody can see fck all.

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:39 - Jul 20 with 1880 viewsPokerface

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:13 - Jul 20 by dailew

The other one had 12 players !!

If more than 3 of that team start against ManU I would be worried.

What is the friggin point in all this ?

Poll: Most boring poster....and least football knowledge

The Official Richmond Kickers Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Friendlly Match Thread on 00:40 - Jul 20 with 1874 viewsHugeEnkins

There's a link via sports devil on lshunter. Anyone got it working?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024