Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes 03:31 - Jul 18 with 3230 viewsWanderer

I see he is training with squad, is he going to fulfil his potential or fall in a heap of......?

Notice Lids fans absolutely hated him.
Grimes on 03:45 - Jul 18 with 3214 viewsSwan91

He played in the friendlies aswell.. so I guess they are interested in him at the moment.

quite a few misplaced passes last friendly.. but hopefully he will improve.

I am always of the belief that just because a player is bad for one team... doesn't mean he will be bad for us. Our system and way of playing (which i think we are now going back to) is different from typical ways of playing so players who don't fit traditional way do still work well with us (just look at most players who have left us and did terrible).
Grimes on 07:36 - Jul 18 with 3059 viewsYossarian

I think Clement is aware of his 'pedigree' and is taking the opportunity of having an extended look at him before making any decisions. This strikes me as being fair and is the mark of a good Manager. Somehow, I just don't think the kid will make it. I've seen him a few times and he's never impressed. He was worth a punt at 1.25million but probably better off at a L1 club.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Grimes on 10:26 - Jul 18 with 2813 viewsjasper_T

Grimes on 07:36 - Jul 18 by Yossarian

I think Clement is aware of his 'pedigree' and is taking the opportunity of having an extended look at him before making any decisions. This strikes me as being fair and is the mark of a good Manager. Somehow, I just don't think the kid will make it. I've seen him a few times and he's never impressed. He was worth a punt at 1.25million but probably better off at a L1 club.

Bottom half league one club, maybe.

Still might be a stretch for him.
Grimes on 13:38 - Jul 18 with 2687 viewshobo

This potential Viera deal shows that no matter how terrible they were before, just 1 good season and we could flog Grimes for 25m - actually he's English and young, so make that £50m
Grimes on 13:52 - Jul 18 with 2642 viewsFlashberryjack

Grimes on 10:26 - Jul 18 by jasper_T

Bottom half league one club, maybe.

Still might be a stretch for him.

The Leeds fan I was talking to suggested League two or even non league would be about his level, reckons he was absolute sh&it for them, and fair play they've seen some sh&it players over the last few years.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Grimes on 13:56 - Jul 18 with 2627 viewsmax936

Grimes on 13:52 - Jul 18 by Flashberryjack

The Leeds fan I was talking to suggested League two or even non league would be about his level, reckons he was absolute sh&it for them, and fair play they've seen some sh&it players over the last few years.

I could never see why he was preferred to Josh Sheehan in the U21's myself, Josh came on for him in one of the games that I was lucky enough to see and he shone, he's was head and shoulders above Grimes.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Grimes on 14:00 - Jul 18 with 2609 viewsvetchonian

Grimes on 13:56 - Jul 18 by max936

I could never see why he was preferred to Josh Sheehan in the U21's myself, Josh came on for him in one of the games that I was lucky enough to see and he shone, he's was head and shoulders above Grimes.

I wonder what the West Ham fans used to say about Leon?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Grimes on 14:05 - Jul 18 with 2594 viewsFlashberryjack

Maybe someone was trying to justify spunking £1.5 million we paid for him. 👓

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes on 14:16 - Jul 18 with 2570 viewsmax936

Grimes on 14:05 - Jul 18 by Flashberryjack

Maybe someone was trying to justify spunking £1.5 million we paid for him. 👓

Without doubt, where's Josh now, is he still at Swansea do you know?

Grimes on 14:18 - Jul 18 with 2561 viewsmax936

Grimes on 14:00 - Jul 18 by vetchonian

I wonder what the West Ham fans used to say about Leon?

I've no idea, you? Can you see Grimes turning into a Premiership Player?

Grimes on 14:18 - Jul 18 with 2560 viewsFlashberryjack

Grimes on 14:16 - Jul 18 by max936

Not sure, but Exeter seems to spring to mind.

Hello

Grimes on 14:41 - Jul 18 with 2504 viewshobo

Grimes on 14:16 - Jul 18 by max936

He's still with us. He suffered a serious injury last season and is in the process of recovering
Grimes on 15:25 - Jul 18 with 2456 viewsjasper_T

Josh was doing well for Newport before his injury iirc.

Was on the fringes of the first team with Laudrup but fell away when Monk separated the senior and u21 setups (Grimes spent 6 months not even playing u21s games because he was a "first team player" who couldn't make the bench).
Grimes on 16:00 - Jul 18 with 2397 viewsNeathJack

I think he's already fulfilled the limited potential he had.

A career as a lower league show pony awaits.
Grimes on 17:30 - Jul 18 with 2316 viewsvetchonian

Grimes on 14:18 - Jul 18 by max936

I've no idea, you? Can you see Grimes turning into a Premiership Player?

No but I wonder if WHU fans thought that too about Leon.....sometimes its all about the club individuals are at.

Spmeone somewhere spotted something in Grimes maybe from Rogers days but then subsequent managaers changed how we play

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Grimes on 18:09 - Jul 18 with 2227 viewsmax936

Grimes on 17:30 - Jul 18 by vetchonian

No but I wonder if WHU fans thought that too about Leon.....sometimes its all about the club individuals are at.

Spmeone somewhere spotted something in Grimes maybe from Rogers days but then subsequent managaers changed how we play

I don't think he's good enough at a decent level, Championship included be interesting to see over the next few weeks after Clement has had a good look at him, but I'll be surprised if he's still here come the end of the window, be it sold of loaned out.

Leon's totally different, he thinks about the game as he's playing it and reads the game superbly we saw that from his early days here, is problem at WHU was his size.

Grimes on 19:36 - Jul 18 with 2138 viewsKilkennyjack

I agree.

Only swans could find a player that is exactly the same age and same position as our brightest prospect. Spunk up £1.7 million in the process - and then ruin both of them.
Great work..... ffs ....

Beware of the Risen People

Grimes on 19:41 - Jul 18 with 2119 viewsLoyal

Grimes on 16:00 - Jul 18 by NeathJack

File under Orlandi.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Grimes on 19:43 - Jul 18 with 2106 viewsCooperman

Grimes on 16:00 - Jul 18 by NeathJack

But with a Premier League bank balance.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024