Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello the Trust 11:13 - Jul 19 with 7484 viewsDafyddHuw

I sent you the following question last week, and although you say you'll repond within 48 hrs, I'm still waiting.

So I'll try to get your attention on here -

The candidates for election to the Trust board - how do I find out what their ttitude are to the deal/litigate situation?
I don'r care if they speak Welsh, are MDs of companies or have supporteed the Swans since they were foetuses. But I do want to know what their attitude to our owners is.

Surely in any other type of election we'd have some concept of what candidates stood for. How can I vote for someone when I know feck all about their attitude to the club?
Hello the Trust on 11:49 - Jul 20 with 1362 viewsUxbridge

Hello the Trust on 11:04 - Jul 20 by DafyddHuw

"as has been pointed out a lot in the past, the Trust's shareholding is its own little island without this ... it could be passed over in perpetuity"

Exactly. And people have been telling you this for weeks, but you've been saying that they weretalking nonsense.
When did you see the light?

I never said that. The debate was always about the financial value of the Trust's shareholding, and the influence it could hope to have. Never, ever, argued that the others could sell without involving the Trust. That's one of the main reasons for the Tag along rights being critical.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Hello the Trust on 11:50 - Jul 20 with 1359 viewsraynor94

Well I certainly hope the protagonists on here are turning up for the forum, it will make for one exciting evening

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Hello the Trust on 11:52 - Jul 20 with 1352 viewsE20Jack

Hello the Trust on 11:49 - Jul 20 by Uxbridge

I never said that. The debate was always about the financial value of the Trust's shareholding, and the influence it could hope to have. Never, ever, argued that the others could sell without involving the Trust. That's one of the main reasons for the Tag along rights being critical.

So what happened when the Trust told the Americans that they were unhappy with the cost of the ticket prices for the friendly?

Do you believe the above shows influence?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Hello the Trust on 11:57 - Jul 20 with 1338 viewsUxbridge

Hello the Trust on 11:00 - Jul 20 by DafyddHuw

"...at the very least are so outrageously prejudicial to the other minority shareholders (not just the Trust) that would never stand up in court."

Like buying/selling the club behinf the back of a director who owns 21% of the club, you mean? That'll never stand up in court either - and that's according to 2 QCs - but you're still bottling it.

There is a strong case, and then there is a veritable slam-dunk. Don't confuse the two.

Ah, the old bottling accusation. Always a pleasure. Belittles the accuser more than the accused if you ask me. Particularly as one of us is prepared to actually act on a members vote in favour of legal action by standing eh.

Anyway, as for the QC, I know what he said .. both in terms of the case, and that if there's any settlement to reach then that's a much better alternative to going to court, which is unpredictable in many ways. Pays your money and takes your choice whether this deal matches your threshold for that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Hello the Trust on 12:05 - Jul 20 with 1316 viewsmax936

Hello the Trust on 11:50 - Jul 20 by raynor94

Well I certainly hope the protagonists on here are turning up for the forum, it will make for one exciting evening

What's you opinion of all this then ? don't you think we are being short changed, first it was the deceit by Jenkins and Co and now being short changed by the Yanks.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Hello the Trust on 12:06 - Jul 20 with 1316 viewscostalotta

Hello the Trust on 11:36 - Jul 20 by E20Jack

I think you mean ''you're'' thick? Don't you?

Listen moron. You claimed you said pretty much exactly the same as me - I replied with the observation that you couldn't have because the majority of the theme of my post was surrounding drag rights and the possible implications - yet you didnt even realise what they were.

Now read the replies again before you continue to make a complete idiot of yourself.

The fact is, your post makes little sense and you most certainly are not saying anything like I was. I feel this discussion may be out of your range of comprehension.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 11:37]

You can take it which you want I don't really care.

Look, you're a pedantic thing aren't you. I used to employ people like you and you in fairness your type did make me a fortune. However, i ultimatey couldn't stand being around your sorts as...well your just boring, lack class and have a very limited talent.

I'm not even going to bother trying to explain it again as you've already had too much trouble trying to understand something my pineapple smoothie would. You are right about one on thing though I am nt trying to say anything like you said apart from the one thing I said i agreed on.
Hello the Trust on 12:10 - Jul 20 with 1307 viewsE20Jack

Hello the Trust on 12:06 - Jul 20 by costalotta

You can take it which you want I don't really care.

Look, you're a pedantic thing aren't you. I used to employ people like you and you in fairness your type did make me a fortune. However, i ultimatey couldn't stand being around your sorts as...well your just boring, lack class and have a very limited talent.

I'm not even going to bother trying to explain it again as you've already had too much trouble trying to understand something my pineapple smoothie would. You are right about one on thing though I am nt trying to say anything like you said apart from the one thing I said i agreed on.

My word, these poor employees didn't even have the grace to teach you how to spell when trying (and failing) to be condescending

If you cannot back up or even explain your obviously confused waffling then you are adding nothing to this. I don't believe you have either the capacity nor the understanding to.

Bow out is my suggestion.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:27 - Jul 20 with 1281 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:09]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Login to get fewer ads

Hello the Trust on 12:28 - Jul 20 with 1274 viewsJENKINSOUT

Dear

As you will know from earlier emails, the Swans Trust has started a consultation process with its members about its shareholding in the Club. To continue that process a consultation pack is being mailed out to all UK based eligible full members this week. An eligible full member is a member who, on the 26 June 2017, had paid an Adult or Senior membership fee for the 2016/17 Season. Separate arrangements are being made for our overseas members, who will be contacted in the next week or so.

As well as comprehensive information on the offer that has been received for the purchase of the Trust shares and other options open to the Trust, the pack also contains a voting form to allow members to indicate which option they wish the Trust to take forward. The voting form should be returned by 15 August 2017.

We will be holding a members forum at the Liberty Stadium on Thursday 27th July (7.30pm) This will be a chance for members to raise any questions that they have following receipt of their consultation packs and all current members are welcome to attend. For any member who cannot attend who has questions then please email consultation@swanstrust.co.uk and we will answer you.

The Trust has appointed an independent Official Scrutineer to oversee the ballot process. Full details will be in the consultation pack and any enquiries on the ballot process only should be directed to scrutineer@swanstrust.co.uk.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team

Poll: is the res right or wrong on jenkins

Hello the Trust on 12:28 - Jul 20 with 1271 viewscostalotta

Hello the Trust on 12:10 - Jul 20 by E20Jack

My word, these poor employees didn't even have the grace to teach you how to spell when trying (and failing) to be condescending

If you cannot back up or even explain your obviously confused waffling then you are adding nothing to this. I don't believe you have either the capacity nor the understanding to.

Bow out is my suggestion.

I only tried to add 1 thing which I didn't agree on. You've been stalking, bumbling and trying to prove that I did not agre with you on everything you said and also that I don't understand dragging rights. Why? I didn't even mention dragging rights and isn't obvious what they mean? If you mean by the question I asked Nookie, then even you should fathom that that question was in relation to whether the Trust had considered the point he was making, which I believe was long. I think your just want to argue with people to try and prove something? Perhaps you feel that in your non PS life people don't listen to you? are you the analyst your boss doesn't go to? Or does he use yu as the offset?
Hello the Trust on 12:34 - Jul 20 with 1260 viewsDewi1jack

Hello the Trust on 10:31 - Jul 20 by Uxbridge

I really don't. I think you're making it up, and have no clue how much the legal case would cost, particularly if lost. Hence why there's no point me attempting to argue either way on it. So I won't.

Absolutely no-one can know accurately the cost of a legal case.
Far too many unknowns- how many man hours to prepare the case.
How many days in court including delaying tactics. Although actual court costs have a maximum set. Barristers unfortunately run at thousands per day- had heard it costs about £20,000 per day in Court for everyone
How much new info is divulged in Court requiring further investigation etc etc will all add to the cost.

Personally speaking, it's the drag rights that frighten fug out of me.
The Trust will never be listened to by these owners because of the actions of the sellout b'stards and the apparent lack of bottle shown so far by the Trust board.

Yes, Pearlman may be having weekly talks with the Trust.
Weekly talks with a shareholder that was in the top 3 shareholders? Still owns over 21% or over a fifth of the shares.
Really? Damned decent of them to have a chat really.

Challenged on the ridiculous price of a pre season no meaning friendly.
A friendly that costs the same as Spurs, Utd, City, Brighton, Huddersfield etc etc in the league away
Just got my Brum tickets through for a friendly. £8.
A mid table Serie A team costs me £20.
Guess I won't be there at that price- rather go to Burnley away for the same ticket price.
Did the Yanks listen to the Trust?
Did they fug.
In fact IMHO they really missed a PR trick there. "OK, we drop the price to a tenner- look we listen to the Trust. No need to take us to Court."

It does seem to me the Yanks are trying to see how much bottle the supporters have to take on a group that wishes to totally mug them off.
Just because we vote for litigation doesn't mean that a Court case has to go ahead, if a deal that really does suit the Trust and therefore its' members and the success of the fuuture is made.
Tag and no drag would go a long way.
Trust keeping 10% of the shares and the rest sold on the terms the sellout scum got would give the Trust a nice rainy day fund. A new buyer may be interested in taking that money in return for shares.

Selling our shares on the grounds we reinvest it in a supposed stadium expansion is a definite no-no from me
Sale of further shares depending on what division we're in is also a no-no
Drag rights when our club has been sold for a £1 before? Shares worth about 20p? Really? No-no from me.

No one knowing who the real power money men are behind the front men is also a big worry.
They won't be adverse to setting up a shell company to buy the shares for next to nothing to make a large profit if possible

Still going to be renewing my Trust subs purely and simply because that it seems a small gamble to see what's what. That is once they've updated the payment process so I can rejoin.
Or the chance to possibly see what the F has gone on by the sellers, buyers and Trust board.
Zero access from the outside.
Maybe not much more from being inside as a member. Time will tell.

Edit.
I have no chance of making the forum.
Really sorry I can't as I believe I'd understand most of this sh1te listening to people talk than trying to read it.
I sometimes lose the will to live wading through contracts. And that's with a solicitors help!!
Much like my essay here.
Sorry for waffling on

Seems a bit early to hold a forum when I haven't even received the pack yet, so being able to try and decipher it
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 12:44]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Hello the Trust on 12:42 - Jul 20 with 1245 viewsE20Jack

Hello the Trust on 12:28 - Jul 20 by costalotta

I only tried to add 1 thing which I didn't agree on. You've been stalking, bumbling and trying to prove that I did not agre with you on everything you said and also that I don't understand dragging rights. Why? I didn't even mention dragging rights and isn't obvious what they mean? If you mean by the question I asked Nookie, then even you should fathom that that question was in relation to whether the Trust had considered the point he was making, which I believe was long. I think your just want to argue with people to try and prove something? Perhaps you feel that in your non PS life people don't listen to you? are you the analyst your boss doesn't go to? Or does he use yu as the offset?

I simply asked you once and very politely (not stalking, but a conversation as you replied to me) to explain a certain point you made. You took offence to that and have acted like a petulant child ever since.

Yes you did mention the drag rights (not dragging rights) when you said the following regarding them...

''You ask about the members understaning (sic) it, I must admit it didn't cross my mind. What about the Trust Board, do they / did they understand this?''

And to think you could have explained what you struggled to say and continued a meaningful debate by now. Someone would think you arent quite sure what you mean yourself?

Hello the Trust on 12:55 - Jul 20 with 1219 viewscostalotta

Hello the Trust on 12:42 - Jul 20 by E20Jack

I simply asked you once and very politely (not stalking, but a conversation as you replied to me) to explain a certain point you made. You took offence to that and have acted like a petulant child ever since.

Yes you did mention the drag rights (not dragging rights) when you said the following regarding them...

''You ask about the members understaning (sic) it, I must admit it didn't cross my mind. What about the Trust Board, do they / did they understand this?''

And to think you could have explained what you struggled to say and continued a meaningful debate by now. Someone would think you arent quite sure what you mean yourself?

You seem to see only what you want to see. I was referring to Trust members of which I am no longer one. What didn't cross my mind was whether THEY the Trust members or the Trust board would understand.

Regarding my response, I'm not sur I took offence but as you were.
Hello the Trust on 12:57 - Jul 20 with 1215 viewsE20Jack

Hello the Trust on 12:55 - Jul 20 by costalotta

You seem to see only what you want to see. I was referring to Trust members of which I am no longer one. What didn't cross my mind was whether THEY the Trust members or the Trust board would understand.

Regarding my response, I'm not sur I took offence but as you were.

I think you clearly took offence if you wish to re-read your replies.

Yet I am still none the wiser, why the Trust taking over the club will be a bad situation and why it is not viable.

Hello the Trust on 13:15 - Jul 20 with 1187 viewsDafyddHuw

Not that it'll make any difference to the foregone conclusion.
Hello the Trust on 13:41 - Jul 20 with 1150 viewsSmellyplumz

Hello the Trust on 11:49 - Jul 20 by Uxbridge

Influence it could hope to have... Some hope but you keep clinging to it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Hello the Trust on 16:04 - Jul 20 with 1097 viewsraynor94

Hello the Trust on 12:05 - Jul 20 by max936

What's you opinion of all this then ? don't you think we are being short changed, first it was the deceit by Jenkins and Co and now being short changed by the Yanks.

To tell you the truth Max it's all gone over my head, I'll never forgive the sell outs for what they did, jury is still out on the Americans, I'll trust people like Ux and Phil to do the right thing

Hello the Trust on 16:38 - Jul 20 with 1072 viewsDewi1jack

Hello the Trust on 16:04 - Jul 20 by raynor94

To tell you the truth Max it's all gone over my head, I'll never forgive the sell outs for what they did, jury is still out on the Americans, I'll trust people like Ux and Phil to do the right thing

Trouble is Rayns, we can't touch the sellouts.
Only hope is to make them so unwelcome in the ground they just sell up and walk away.
Have very little understanding either. Just appears to be a bad deal being offered and pushed for being accepted.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Hello the Trust on 18:20 - Jul 20 with 1028 viewsE20Jack

Hello the Trust on 12:28 - Jul 20 by JENKINSOUT

Dear

As you will know from earlier emails, the Swans Trust has started a consultation process with its members about its shareholding in the Club. To continue that process a consultation pack is being mailed out to all UK based eligible full members this week. An eligible full member is a member who, on the 26 June 2017, had paid an Adult or Senior membership fee for the 2016/17 Season. Separate arrangements are being made for our overseas members, who will be contacted in the next week or so.

As well as comprehensive information on the offer that has been received for the purchase of the Trust shares and other options open to the Trust, the pack also contains a voting form to allow members to indicate which option they wish the Trust to take forward. The voting form should be returned by 15 August 2017.

We will be holding a members forum at the Liberty Stadium on Thursday 27th July (7.30pm) This will be a chance for members to raise any questions that they have following receipt of their consultation packs and all current members are welcome to attend. For any member who cannot attend who has questions then please email consultation@swanstrust.co.uk and we will answer you.

The Trust has appointed an independent Official Scrutineer to oversee the ballot process. Full details will be in the consultation pack and any enquiries on the ballot process only should be directed to scrutineer@swanstrust.co.uk.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team

"As well as comprehensive information on the offer that has been received for the purchase of the Trust shares ... and other options"

Imagine Cilla Black saying "So Chris, are you going for leggy, blonde Samantha.. Or one of the other two options?"

Its so one sided I'm starting to see the funny side
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 18:26]

Hello the Trust on 20:33 - Jul 20 with 965 viewsMeraki

Hello the Trust on 18:20 - Jul 20 by E20Jack

"As well as comprehensive information on the offer that has been received for the purchase of the Trust shares ... and other options"

Imagine Cilla Black saying "So Chris, are you going for leggy, blonde Samantha.. Or one of the other two options?"

Its so one sided I'm starting to see the funny side
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 18:26]

Its so blatant its funny.
Hello the Trust on 21:01 - Jul 20 with 943 viewsQJumpingJack

The fact that the Trust cannot influence the pricing of the Sampdoria friendly is worrying.
It sends a signal by the Americans of a lack of respect for the Trust.

I really hope that the Trust refuse to take their seats in the board room for the friendly and then turn this into a PR win.
Hello the Trust on 00:24 - Jul 21 with 877 viewsE20Jack

Hello the Trust on 21:01 - Jul 20 by QJumpingJack

The fact that the Trust cannot influence the pricing of the Sampdoria friendly is worrying.

I really hope that the Trust refuse to take their seats in the board room for the friendly and then turn this into a PR win.

We aren't allowed to mention that I don't think mate. It makes people connected with the Trust very uncomfortable. I dont think it has been addressed yet and has been raised about 20 times on various threads with debates ongoing with Trust members. I think it shows everyone the level of influence, or lack of, within the 'newly' formed framework.

In short, there isn't any.

Hello the Trust on 12:07 - Jul 21 with 802 viewsvetchonian

Hello the Trust on 21:01 - Jul 20 by QJumpingJack

DO you actually know that the Trust board members are in the Directors box on match days?
I think you will find the Supporters director is usually seated (or standing) in The East!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Hello the Trust on 08:54 - Jul 22 with 715 viewsQJumpingJack

I was taking about the Trust board"
I am fully aware that the Trust Director sits with the fans.
Hopefully the Trust won't take a table at home vs Sampdoria.
Hello the Trust on 10:53 - Jul 22 with 688 viewsraynor94

Hello the Trust on 08:54 - Jul 22 by QJumpingJack

I was taking about the Trust board"
I am fully aware that the Trust Director sits with the fans.
Hopefully the Trust won't take a table at home vs Sampdoria.

Why? I can't see the problem here, if people are happy to pay the prices so be it, you obviously aren't, but do you have to mention it in every post you make? Do you think £45 is fair for a cat1 fixture?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024