Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years 14:47 - Jul 19 with 11919 viewsValerie

So this will hit people currently between 40-47 years old with a extra year for them to work,it was already in the system for people 40 or under to work until 68.

And you can guarantee there will be another review within 3 years to bring it forward again.

There were reviews in 2011,2014 and now 2017 all of which brought the qualifying year forward by an average of 6.5 years.

People currently 35 or younger will not qualify for OASP until they are in their 70s that's for sure.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 14:55]
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:47 - Jul 20 with 1719 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:07 - Jul 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Just how many student loans are never going to be repaid because the graduates won't ever earn enough money to repay them?

We'd all foot the bill in any case. t least Corbyn is being honest AND trying to lift the albatross of student debts away from graduates.

No, he isn't. He is deliberately misleading people. You're lying to yourself if you think the 'I'll deal with it' comment was anything else. Even giving him the extreme benefit of the doubt, he had plenty of chance before the election to clarify that it was an ambition, but he didn't because he had an election to win.

By the way, that doesn't make me a Tory fanboy. I have very little time for Theresa May either. Certainly don't agree with all their policies. Although it's not a big one in terms of the economy, the fox hunting one sickens me. I voted Tory, I voted Labour last time.

The state pension age increase was I guess inevitable and I'd be amazed if it doesn't happen again before too long. Quite understand and agree with some of the comments above about burying bad news and announcing it just after an election though.

The student loans threshold is somewhere around £21k I think. If Labour get in and raise the minimum wage to £10, that will mean everyone who ends up working 40 hour weeks will be earning enough to repay them. They wouldn't have to of course, if he fulfilled his 'ambition'.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:54 - Jul 20 with 1712 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:12 - Jul 20 by Jack_Meoff

I'm not going to go over old ground but I'd suggest that different individuals' interpretations of one sentence (of one interview of many given in a six week period) is a tad different to actually enacting something that wasn't in a manifesto. In the context of elections, pledges are what's in a manifesto; there in black and white. At least to me anyway. (But we can agree to disagree mate, it's cool...!)

And the timing too, as has been previously mentioned.

Government: 'Work until you're 68 peasants, work until you drop!!'

Public: 'OOOOOOOOh would you just look at how much Claudia Winkleman earns!!!'

Dear Lord we make it easy for them don't we.

I get that totally. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it may have been an off the cuff remark. It's the fact it became a big part of their campaign and no one from the party stepped in to clarify he wasn't actually promising to wipe out the debts.

Rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly), most people don't read manifestos, they follow the hype in the run up to elections which normally consists of a few key issues each party wants to make a big deal of. This was one of them.

As I've said further up, although I think the increase in pension age was inevitable, the timing of the announcement was calculated and cynical. I'm half surprised they didn't wait until the next terror attack to sneak it out.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 20:58 - Jul 20 with 1675 viewsKilkennyjack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:46 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

I wonder what pikey Paul thinks.

No point making people better if they cant go back to work - at a guess.

Beware of the Risen People

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:09 - Jul 20 with 1671 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Paying the price for the banking gamblers f@cking it all up .

That'll learn us

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:16 - Jul 20 with 1663 viewsPozuelosSideys

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:24 - Jul 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder if any of the Corbyn haters on here or Tory fanboys aged between 39 and 47 would like to comment on the massive kick in the nuts their Heroes just delivered to them? Anyone? Lol

Mate, if you think the likes of Labour and Libdems wouldnt have followed a similar policy, then youre kidding yourself.

The pensions blackhole is bigger than any party who happens to be in power. They just have to take advice and role out the bad news to the public. It wont get any better.

People should count themselves vaguely fortunate that the pound has dipped for a while, artificially boosting the stock markets which your pension fund is tied to. Bit of extra value for us all.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 22:19 - Jul 20 with 1647 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:16 - Jul 20 by PozuelosSideys

Mate, if you think the likes of Labour and Libdems wouldnt have followed a similar policy, then youre kidding yourself.

The pensions blackhole is bigger than any party who happens to be in power. They just have to take advice and role out the bad news to the public. It wont get any better.

People should count themselves vaguely fortunate that the pound has dipped for a while, artificially boosting the stock markets which your pension fund is tied to. Bit of extra value for us all.

That will all come tumbling down again.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 09:36 - Jul 21 with 1601 viewsMarinaJack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:07 - Jul 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Just how many student loans are never going to be repaid because the graduates won't ever earn enough money to repay them?

We'd all foot the bill in any case. t least Corbyn is being honest AND trying to lift the albatross of student debts away from graduates.

Does beg the question, if your going to uni for 3 years and are never going to get a job earining £20 k and above

Is it worth going to uni in the 1st place?

As the chap said the other day Uni should be for the academically elite, it should be a path way to a top career it should be academically hard but financially easy . What it shouldn't be is a 3 year jolly up until people can be arsed to get a proper job.

But yeah May is still basically a lying tory b@std who has shafted the public yet again
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 10:39 - Jul 21 with 1592 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 09:36 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

Does beg the question, if your going to uni for 3 years and are never going to get a job earining £20 k and above

As the chap said the other day Uni should be for the academically elite, it should be a path way to a top career it should be academically hard but financially easy . What it shouldn't be is a 3 year jolly up until people can be arsed to get a proper job.

But yeah May is still basically a lying tory b@std who has shafted the public yet again

Agree there are too many going to university now. And there are too many "soft" degrees. I think I read that the percentage going to uni in Germany is 27% ish. In Britain it's 45% ish. Can't be right.

BTW, what has May lied about re this pension change?
Login to get fewer ads

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:13 - Jul 21 with 1578 viewsBrynmill_Jack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 09:36 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

Saw a job in admin the other day requiring a graduate with degree. £16k

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:20 - Jul 21 with 1573 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:13 - Jul 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Saw a job in admin the other day requiring a graduate with degree. £16k

Taking a job like that for a few months after uni isn't the same as never paying their debts back though. It's not as if many graduates end up with long careers in admin.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:38 - Jul 21 with 1559 viewsMarinaJack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:20 - Jul 21 by jack247

Taking a job like that for a few months after uni isn't the same as never paying their debts back though. It's not as if many graduates end up with long careers in admin.

sadly many do, you do wonder what the mind set is going to uni

are they picking a degree that will enable them to set themselves for a good career upon leaving uni?

Is a Uni graduate with no experience a better option for this job than say an unqualified person but someone 10 years admin experience ?
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:45 - Jul 21 with 1554 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:38 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

sadly many do, you do wonder what the mind set is going to uni

are they picking a degree that will enable them to set themselves for a good career upon leaving uni?

Is a Uni graduate with no experience a better option for this job than say an unqualified person but someone 10 years admin experience ?

I would say the person with the 10 years experience would invariably be the overwhelmingly better candidate. You can't beat experience when you are talking about relatively easy or mundane jobs. They would also be far less likely to leave in the short term.

The vast majority of of graduates still do end up in decent jobs. Certainly enough to pay their student loans back.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:05 - Jul 23 with 1491 viewsBrynmill_Jack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:42 - Jul 19 by Valerie

Do not count on it.

It will come down very quickly once hes bankrupted the country.

Well Val the current deficit is massive and personal debt is the highest it's ever been. All due to your beloved conservatives. But you can't see that because you are very very stupid.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:14 - Jul 23 with 1480 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:05 - Jul 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Well Val the current deficit is massive and personal debt is the highest it's ever been. All due to your beloved conservatives. But you can't see that because you are very very stupid.

I'm not sure who the stupid one is. You still don't understand this debt v deficit thing, do you. The current deficit is down 3/4 compared to how Labour left it in 2010.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 08:29 - Jul 24 with 1452 viewsValerie

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:14 - Jul 23 by ploppy

I'm not sure who the stupid one is. You still don't understand this debt v deficit thing, do you. The current deficit is down 3/4 compared to how Labour left it in 2010.

Ploppy,your wasting your time trying to educate the great unwashed like Brynmill.

The deficit is indeed down 75% after Labour left government laughing and leaving jokes about how there is no money left since they had virtually bankrupted us.What did Liam Byrne say leaving office?

And he was the chief secretary to the Treasury under Gordon Brown,talk about total incompetence.

But hey don't let facts get in the way shall we.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 8:33]
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 08:53 - Jul 24 with 1435 viewsfelixstowe_jack

There seems to be a red haze over Brymill must be all the students enjoying themselves.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:17 - Jul 24 with 1394 viewstrampie

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 08:29 - Jul 24 by Valerie

Ploppy,your wasting your time trying to educate the great unwashed like Brynmill.

The deficit is indeed down 75% after Labour left government laughing and leaving jokes about how there is no money left since they had virtually bankrupted us.What did Liam Byrne say leaving office?

And he was the chief secretary to the Treasury under Gordon Brown,talk about total incompetence.

But hey don't let facts get in the way shall we.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2017 8:33]

You don't understand they all do it, its traditional to pass on witty jokey messages, Tories do the same to Labour, Reggie Maudling to Jim Callaghan being another well known one.

What is poor is to make political gain from an old tradition of 'sorry to leave it in such a mess', type notes.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:25 - Jul 24 with 1358 viewsJack_Meoff

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:17 - Jul 24 by trampie

You don't understand they all do it, its traditional to pass on witty jokey messages, Tories do the same to Labour, Reggie Maudling to Jim Callaghan being another well known one.

What is poor is to make political gain from an old tradition of 'sorry to leave it in such a mess', type notes.

Is the correct answer. 'Sorry for the mess old clock' wasn't it, or at least something along those lines. Your second paragraph is bang on the money.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 23:13 - Jul 26 with 1291 viewsJack_Meoff

Anyway, as this topic went from pension age to student loan (as is wont on this site), here's a letter from Gideon Osborne to a constituent from 2003. It's amazing how earnest politicians are whilst in opposition.

What a boring, predictable and increasingly transparently tiresome game it all is.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 06:02 - Jul 27 with 1262 viewspikeypaul

It's been described as the shortest political suicide note in history.

And he's himself has said he's ashamed of it.

But the great unwashed claim it was only a joke and that makes it OK.

Do they think if things were reversed Labour would not make political gain
out of it? Of course they would, and would the unwashed then criticise them for
doing so ? Of course they wouldn't.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024