Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years 14:47 - Jul 19 with 12320 viewsValerie

So this will hit people currently between 40-47 years old with a extra year for them to work,it was already in the system for people 40 or under to work until 68.

And you can guarantee there will be another review within 3 years to bring it forward again.

There were reviews in 2011,2014 and now 2017 all of which brought the qualifying year forward by an average of 6.5 years.

People currently 35 or younger will not qualify for OASP until they are in their 70s that's for sure.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 14:55]
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:58 - Jul 20 with 1401 viewswaynekerr55

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:35 - Jul 20 by exiledclaseboy

Isn't it odd that the government made this announcement on the same day as everyone was preoccupied with the trivia of what the BBC pays people. An announcement the government forced the BBC into. Also the last day before parliament rises for the summer. A good day to attempt to bury bad news.

You know that this isn't odd in any way, shape or form...you scamp you 😉

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 12:49 - Jul 20 with 1385 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:35 - Jul 20 by exiledclaseboy

Isn't it odd that the government made this announcement on the same day as everyone was preoccupied with the trivia of what the BBC pays people. An announcement the government forced the BBC into. Also the last day before parliament rises for the summer. A good day to attempt to bury bad news.

Don't know about you, but I can handle two different announcements on the same day. Not too bothered about the BBC salaries but I'm flabbergasted that Alan Feckin Shearer gets £500K.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:43 - Jul 20 with 1355 viewsJack_Meoff

What's the point of a Tory manifesto? Genuine question. This wasn't in it. How the absolute f*ck can they get away with this, just six weeks after the election? If it was in there then fair enough. What's the matter with people?! What am I missing?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:59 - Jul 20 with 1346 viewsMarinaJack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:43 - Jul 20 by Jack_Meoff

What's the point of a Tory manifesto? Genuine question. This wasn't in it. How the absolute f*ck can they get away with this, just six weeks after the election? If it was in there then fair enough. What's the matter with people?! What am I missing?

the fact they are total and utter lying barstewards ???
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:11 - Jul 20 with 1338 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:43 - Jul 20 by Jack_Meoff

You're not missing anything. This fcks me off just as much as the student loan 'pledge' debated yesterday. It absolutely should have been in their manifesto.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:19 - Jul 20 with 1332 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 12:49 - Jul 20 by ploppy

Don't know about you, but I can handle two different announcements on the same day. Not too bothered about the BBC salaries but I'm flabbergasted that Alan Feckin Shearer gets £500K.

I like you, Ploppy. You've mastered the art of unfailingly polite yet still passive aggressive condescension when replying to me.

Poll: Tory leader

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:25 - Jul 20 with 1326 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:11 - Jul 20 by jack247

You're not missing anything. This fcks me off just as much as the student loan 'pledge' debated yesterday. It absolutely should have been in their manifesto.

It's not even that the Tories can claim not to have had access to the requisite information before the election. That said, I wouldn't expect any party to include a pledge (that pesky word again) to increase the retirement age in an election manifesto.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:30 - Jul 20 with 1319 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:19 - Jul 20 by exiledclaseboy

I like you, Ploppy. You've mastered the art of unfailingly polite yet still passive aggressive condescension when replying to me.

Cheers mate. Come off it, though, you're an intelligent man. You can handle two announcements on the same day.
Login to get fewer ads

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:34 - Jul 20 with 1316 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:30 - Jul 20 by ploppy

Cheers mate. Come off it, though, you're an intelligent man. You can handle two announcements on the same day.

Of course, an individual's capacity to multitask wasn't my point. Look at last night's news and today's press and ask yourself which story got the lion's share of the coverage and then which was more important and has the biggest impact on the general population. The pension age thing has almost gone relatively unnoticed in amongst the ridiculous BBC bashing. It's not a new thing and certainly not specifically a Tory thing. New Labour were masters at cleverly timed unpopular announcements.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:34 - Jul 20 with 1315 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:25 - Jul 20 by exiledclaseboy

It's not even that the Tories can claim not to have had access to the requisite information before the election. That said, I wouldn't expect any party to include a pledge (that pesky word again) to increase the retirement age in an election manifesto.

That's a fair point.

I know it's never going to happen, I just wish politics as a whole was more transparent.

'We're going to increase state pension age, because people are living longer and if we don't it will mean lower monthly payments at pension age.'

'We're going to scrap tuition fees, I feel bad for the £9000 generation and will endeavour to get those written off if I can, we have only had 2 weeks to prepare and I don't yet know if it's feasible'

Is that too much to ask?
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:39 - Jul 20 with 1311 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:25 - Jul 20 by exiledclaseboy

I'll try not be passively aggressive or condescending this time.

I remember this at the time. Yes, they had the Cridland report but they said (from the FT):
the Department for Work and Pensions said it could not make decisions on long-term policy changes before the general election on June 8 because publishing its response could breach the convention that applies during the pre-election period

Whether that's true I have no idea. I guess that was their argument for not putting it in the manifesto. Agree, I wouldn't expect it in any party's manifesto.

Personally, I'd get rid of the triple lock as well. Makes no sense to me.

[Was that response OK?]
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 16:43]
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:49 - Jul 20 with 1301 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:39 - Jul 20 by ploppy

I'll try not be passively aggressive or condescending this time.

I remember this at the time. Yes, they had the Cridland report but they said (from the FT):
the Department for Work and Pensions said it could not make decisions on long-term policy changes before the general election on June 8 because publishing its response could breach the convention that applies during the pre-election period

Whether that's true I have no idea. I guess that was their argument for not putting it in the manifesto. Agree, I wouldn't expect it in any party's manifesto.

Personally, I'd get rid of the triple lock as well. Makes no sense to me.

[Was that response OK?]
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 16:43]

It was super, you're my new favourite poster. The rules outlined about what can be announced during the pre election purdah period are right. I suppose it comes down to when the DWP knew about it. Purdah didn't start until 1 May. An announcement of that nature would need ministerial approval and approval from No10. All moot anyway, I agree that it would have been madness to announce it before the election once everyone knew there was going to be one.. I have my doubts about how long they've been holding on to the info though but that's just me speculating.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:12 - Jul 20 with 1273 viewsJack_Meoff

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:11 - Jul 20 by jack247

I'm not going to go over old ground but I'd suggest that different individuals' interpretations of one sentence (of one interview of many given in a six week period) is a tad different to actually enacting something that wasn't in a manifesto. In the context of elections, pledges are what's in a manifesto; there in black and white. At least to me anyway. (But we can agree to disagree mate, it's cool...!)

And the timing too, as has been previously mentioned.

Government: 'Work until you're 68 peasants, work until you drop!!'

Public: 'OOOOOOOOh would you just look at how much Claudia Winkleman earns!!!'

Dear Lord we make it easy for them don't we.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:32 - Jul 20 with 1268 viewsLeonWasGod

Not worth the paper it's written on. All parties will change stuff, but with the Tories a lot of their main policies have been shelved or changed. And now this. I've got absolutely no idea why anyone would vote for them at the moment.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:35 - Jul 20 with 1265 viewsNeath_Jack

The biggest revelation in this thread is that posters who i thought were 16/17/18 years old, are actually retired or coming up to retirement.

F*ck me sideways.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:41 - Jul 20 with 1258 viewswaynekerr55

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 11:58 - Jul 20 by waynekerr55

You know that this isn't odd in any way, shape or form...you scamp you 😉

What the fúck has my stalker down arrowed this for? I'm agreeing with Clasey's assertion that the government are trying to 'bury bad news'. Fûcking odd ball
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 18:41]

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:53 - Jul 20 with 1238 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:12 - Jul 20 by Jack_Meoff

I'm not going to go over old ground but I'd suggest that different individuals' interpretations of one sentence (of one interview of many given in a six week period) is a tad different to actually enacting something that wasn't in a manifesto. In the context of elections, pledges are what's in a manifesto; there in black and white. At least to me anyway. (But we can agree to disagree mate, it's cool...!)

And the timing too, as has been previously mentioned.

Government: 'Work until you're 68 peasants, work until you drop!!'

Public: 'OOOOOOOOh would you just look at how much Claudia Winkleman earns!!!'

Dear Lord we make it easy for them don't we.

Seeing as the change is only "news" for those currently between the age of 39 and 47, it wouldn't be surprising if the rest of the public were more interested in Claudia Winkleman. She can do no wrong for me, BTW. But Alan Feckin Shearer. Sheesh.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:55 - Jul 20 with 1235 viewswaynekerr55

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:53 - Jul 20 by ploppy

Seeing as the change is only "news" for those currently between the age of 39 and 47, it wouldn't be surprising if the rest of the public were more interested in Claudia Winkleman. She can do no wrong for me, BTW. But Alan Feckin Shearer. Sheesh.

Hoy vey!

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:58 - Jul 20 with 1229 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:55 - Jul 20 by waynekerr55

Hoy vey!

Hoy vey indeed.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:07 - Jul 20 with 1226 viewsBrynmill_Jack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 20:33 - Jul 19 by jack247

Right. I appreciate this is an overly simplistic view, I'm out of my comfort zone and I'm agreeing with Valerie, if I get slapped down, so be it.

A Labour government gets in, pays everyone's student loans off, increases the minimum wage to £10, guarantees triple lock for 10 years, bring in thousands of police officers etc. Everything is lovely. I don't know how it gets paid for, and am assuming that future generations will foot some of the bill. Whoever is in power, I can see us facing an employment crisis before too long as technology advances (don't see Mcdonalds paying people £10 an hour to take orders when they can get a machine to do it for a couple of grand).

I do genuinely see more unemployment goimg forward, which means more people taking out of the pot and less putting in, I don't know who compensates for that, but wouldn't mind betting future pensioners get less to live on in real terms. I think that will happen anyway, but Robin Hood style spending now will only exacerbate it.

Only my view, but I'd guess increasing state pension age and reducing real terms income would eventually reduce life expectancy?

Just how many student loans are never going to be repaid because the graduates won't ever earn enough money to repay them?

We'd all foot the bill in any case. t least Corbyn is being honest AND trying to lift the albatross of student debts away from graduates.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:11 - Jul 20 with 1221 viewsBrynmill_Jack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 21:25 - Jul 19 by Jack_Meoff

The whole article hinges on this quote then?

'And in June, just days before polling day, Mr Corbyn said that “first of all, we want to get rid of student fees altogether,” adding that he was exploring ways to “reduce, ameliorate...or some other means of reducing” the “massive debts” owed by graduates.'

'Exploring ways' now equated to a pledge then? That's a bit of a leap.

Quality of journalism in this country. Fantastic

And the quality of comprehension by thick Tory fanboys. LMAO pikey paul

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:24 - Jul 20 with 1207 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I wonder if any of the Corbyn haters on here or Tory fanboys aged between 39 and 47 would like to comment on the massive kick in the nuts their Heroes just delivered to them? Anyone? Lol

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:28 - Jul 20 with 1202 viewsNeath_Jack

Am i the only one that couldn't give a f*ck about this and pensions in general? I'm in this age band that's just been announced, but whenever someone in work or down the pub starts talking about pensions, i just switch off.

I'm not well off, i don't have a good private pension. Whats the wort that can happen....

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:32 - Jul 20 with 1195 viewsJack_Meoff

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:53 - Jul 20 by ploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:33 - Jul 20 with 1194 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:24 - Jul 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I wonder if any of the Corbyn haters on here or Tory fanboys aged between 39 and 47 would like to comment on the massive kick in the nuts their Heroes just delivered to them? Anyone? Lol

Hardly massive is it. One extra year for someone who's at least 20 years from retirement. Plenty of time to adjust their retirement planning. As I've said before, anyone with any sense won't be relying on state pension anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024