Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years 14:47 - Jul 19 with 11917 viewsValerie

So this will hit people currently between 40-47 years old with a extra year for them to work,it was already in the system for people 40 or under to work until 68.

And you can guarantee there will be another review within 3 years to bring it forward again.

There were reviews in 2011,2014 and now 2017 all of which brought the qualifying year forward by an average of 6.5 years.

People currently 35 or younger will not qualify for OASP until they are in their 70s that's for sure.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 14:55]
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:28 - Jul 19 with 4481 viewsNogginthenog

Perhaps they should introduce a euthanasia bill for those over 65, that would save a lot more money.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:52 - Jul 19 with 4452 viewsValerie

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:28 - Jul 19 by Nogginthenog

Perhaps they should introduce a euthanasia bill for those over 65, that would save a lot more money.

Some would say that has already been established for certain sections of society.

Just look at the sudden halt in live expectancy in the last 2 years in the UK all
other western countries have continued the increase.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 15:56]
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:59 - Jul 19 with 4435 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Doesn't matter nobody will do fu ck all about it

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:12 - Jul 19 with 4404 viewsMarinaJack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:59 - Jul 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Don't worry labour are bound to get in next time, no way this lot will win again
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:55 - Jul 19 with 4339 viewsValerie

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 15:59 - Jul 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

That is correct, exactly the same reason why the labour WAG laughs at the rest of Wales and the rsole traditionalists still vote for them regardless of policy.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 16:59]
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:02 - Jul 19 with 4323 viewsValerie

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 16:12 - Jul 19 by MarinaJack

Don't worry labour are bound to get in next time, no way this lot will win again

Even if labour did win which i very much doubt it will be to late the SOAPA will be older for 10s millions
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:07 - Jul 19 with 4315 viewsjojaca

F**k waiting until your 70 plus for state pension. Pay off your mortgage and go on the sick.

Even when you know, you never know?

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:30 - Jul 19 with 4267 viewsmax936

Im 56 notsure at what age I'll qualify 67 is it? assuming I make it of course

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:37 - Jul 19 with 4244 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:02 - Jul 19 by Valerie

Even if labour did win which i very much doubt it will be to late the SOAPA will be older for 10s millions

Not even Corbyn will be able to reduce life expectancies.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:42 - Jul 19 with 4233 viewsValerie

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:37 - Jul 19 by jack247

Not even Corbyn will be able to reduce life expectancies.

Do not count on it.

It will come down very quickly once hes bankrupted the country.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:45 - Jul 19 with 4221 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:42 - Jul 19 by Valerie

Do not count on it.

Actually that's a reasonable point
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:46 - Jul 19 with 4221 viewsexiledclaseboy

I wonder what pikey Paul thinks.

Poll: Tory leader

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:48 - Jul 19 with 4210 viewslonglostjack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:46 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

I wonder what pikey Paul thinks.

Yes, he's not normally shy of voicing his opinions.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:52 - Jul 19 with 4193 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:45 - Jul 19 by jack247

Actually that's a reasonable point

It really really really isn't.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:54 - Jul 19 with 4187 viewsraynor94

We are going backwards, when I started work in the early seventies there were people having to work beyond 65 because they couldn't afford to retire, sadly this now going to become the norm

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:01 - Jul 19 with 4166 viewsjack247

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:52 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Why not?

I'm not being awkward, genuinely. Educate me.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:04 - Jul 19 with 4156 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:42 - Jul 19 by Valerie

Do not count on it.

It's stagnated for the first time in a long time .

F@ck all to do with Corbyn.

Are you ok ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:06 - Jul 19 with 4152 viewsunion_jack

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:30 - Jul 19 by max936

Im 56 notsure at what age I'll qualify 67 is it? assuming I make it of course

I'm the same age Max and that's my understanding.

Of course there's 11 years to go to keep us guessing!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:03 - Jul 19 with 4045 viewsValerie

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:04 - Jul 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's stagnated for the first time in a long time .

F@ck all to do with Corbyn.

Are you ok ?

IT was in reply to jack247 comment on Corbyn you stupid fool.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:20 - Jul 19 with 4023 viewsploppy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 17:52 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

It really really really is. If you believe that austerity has caused the current stagnation in life expectancy, then a Labour government who will bankrupt the country (again) would inevitably lead to more austerity. That's if you believe the correlation, of course. I don't, BTW.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:25 - Jul 19 with 4011 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 18:01 - Jul 19 by jack247

Why not?

I'm not being awkward, genuinely. Educate me.

You'd have to educate me on what a Labour government would do that would directly lead to a reduction in life expectancy first.

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:27 - Jul 19 with 4002 viewsValerie

So you reckon austerity under the Conservatives is to blame for a slow down in live expectations but if Corbyn bankrupted the country UK life expectancy would not change? Cloud cuckoo land.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:30 - Jul 19 with 3991 viewsexiledclaseboy

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:27 - Jul 19 by Valerie

So you reckon austerity under the Conservatives is to blame for a slow down in live expectations but if Corbyn bankrupted the country UK life expectancy would not change? Cloud cuckoo land.

Where on earth have I said that I believe that austerity is responsible for a slow down in life expectancy? My view is that any tangible effect on life expectancy happens over decades, not a relatively few years.

And of course your entire assertion is based on the "Corbyn will bankrupt the country" mantra which is nothing but speculation anyway.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 19:58]

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:37 - Jul 19 with 3977 viewsdickythorpe

This is hardly anything new!
It will be interesting to see if Banks will start refusing loans to people who are near to retirement age in the future - If I get to 65, I'm off to see if I can borrow £25,000 and hopefully bugger off to a far flung part of the globe with palm trees, sun, chilled lagers, exquisite lobster and no mobile phones.
State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:46 - Jul 19 with 3955 viewsValerie

State pension age increase brought forward 7 years on 19:25 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

You'd have to educate me on what a Labour government would do that would directly lead to a reduction in life expectancy first.

Valerie "life expectancy will soon come down when Corbyn bankrupts the country"

Jack247. "Actually that's a reasonable point"

exiledclaseboy "It really really really isn't

Jack247 "why not"

exiledclaseboy "you'd have to educate me on what a Labour government would do that would directly lead to a reduction in life expectancy first"

Did you actually read any of the thread or just come up with the "It really really really isn't" reply randomly?

Clase born Clase breed strong in the arm thick in the head
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024