Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire 21:38 - Jul 19 with 1127 viewsBrynCartwright

Dear Planet Swans

I need your help.

My 80 year old Mam has been stuck in her Dementia Care Home in Pontarddulais since 2014 and hasn't left it (apart from occasional trips to Morriston Hospital) since then.

Does anyone know anyone that has a Wheelchair Access Vehicle (WAV) I can hire for a day to take he down to the seaside please? The internet has been utter garbage. Nobody seems to offer this service in the Swansea area

It will probably be her last trip out anywhere.

She has been a really, really great Mam.

Many thanks.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:41 - Jul 19 with 1123 viewsDarran

It might be a hell of a lot cheaper to hire a wheelchair access taxi.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:44 - Jul 19 with 1118 viewsjack247

Can't help Bryn, but really hope you get something sorted and she has a great day out.

Darrans suggestion sounds sensible
PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:49 - Jul 19 with 1114 viewsBrynCartwright

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:41 - Jul 19 by Darran

It might be a hell of a lot cheaper to hire a wheelchair access taxi.

Thanks Darran. Will look into that

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:56 - Jul 19 with 1102 viewsDarran

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:49 - Jul 19 by BrynCartwright

Failing that the Volkswagen place in Gorseinon opposite 3Ms might be able to help.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:56 - Jul 19 with 1102 viewsDewi1jack

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:49 - Jul 19 by BrynCartwright

Maybe try one of the national hire companies that do a "drop off" service or with a local office.
Think Hertz do a WAV hire through a partner firm.
Or phone up a few of the taxi companies as Dar suggests.

All the best wishes and good luck with a vehicle mate

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 22:06 - Jul 19 with 1084 viewsBrynCartwright

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:56 - Jul 19 by Darran

Failing that the Volkswagen place in Gorseinon opposite 3Ms might be able to help.

Thanks again Darran

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 22:07 - Jul 19 with 1079 viewsBrynCartwright

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 21:56 - Jul 19 by Dewi1jack

Maybe try one of the national hire companies that do a "drop off" service or with a local office.
Think Hertz do a WAV hire through a partner firm.
Or phone up a few of the taxi companies as Dar suggests.

All the best wishes and good luck with a vehicle mate

Cheers guv

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 07:32 - Jul 20 with 1016 viewsPrivate_Partz

Such a shame the Home have never it been able to arrange trips out. Having said that I have had experience of such places and staff are often very stretched and working in very trying conditions. There are dementia societies and charities that may be able to help. Even try the Loval Council. Many moons ago I used to be responsible for the hiring out of the ambulance coach for trips. There may be something similar happening now.
I have shed a tear as a result of your post and my thoughts are with you. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on mate.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 16:58 - Jul 20 with 959 views3swan

Like you say very difficult to find, but maybe here?

https://www.daysrental.co.uk/wheelchair-vehicles
PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire (n/t) on 17:29 - Jul 20 with 932 viewsjackson5

Hi Bryncartwright any good
http://www.pontlliw-tircoed.org.uk/news/item/68-pontarddulais-and-district-commu

https://suzydavies.wales/news/am-backs-pontarddulais-community-car-scheme-ac-yn-
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 17:44]

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. W. C. Fields

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire (n/t) on 22:06 - Jul 20 with 872 viewsBrynCartwright

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire (n/t) on 17:29 - Jul 20 by jackson5

Hi Bryncartwright any good
http://www.pontlliw-tircoed.org.uk/news/item/68-pontarddulais-and-district-commu

https://suzydavies.wales/news/am-backs-pontarddulais-community-car-scheme-ac-yn-
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 17:44]

Thanks Jackson. I will give Don a ring tomorrow. All the best mate.

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 22:06 - Jul 20 with 870 viewsBrynCartwright

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 16:58 - Jul 20 by 3swan

Like you say very difficult to find, but maybe here?

https://www.daysrental.co.uk/wheelchair-vehicles

Thanks 3 Swan

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 22:10 - Jul 20 with 866 viewsBrynCartwright

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 07:32 - Jul 20 by Private_Partz

Such a shame the Home have never it been able to arrange trips out. Having said that I have had experience of such places and staff are often very stretched and working in very trying conditions. There are dementia societies and charities that may be able to help. Even try the Loval Council. Many moons ago I used to be responsible for the hiring out of the ambulance coach for trips. There may be something similar happening now.
I have shed a tear as a result of your post and my thoughts are with you. Keep in touch and let us know how you get on mate.

Many thanks PP for your post.

Just found out about the Bont Community Car service that has a vehicle that will take a vehicle...so Joe's ice cream her we come mate!!.

All the very best.

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 07:50 - Jul 21 with 835 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Hope you great weather for your day out.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 08:03 - Jul 21 with 825 viewsBrynCartwright

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire on 07:50 - Jul 21 by felixstowe_jack

Hope you great weather for your day out.

Thanks pal

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire (n/t) on 15:28 - Jul 21 with 792 viewsjackson5

PS Your help please. WAV (Wheelchair Access Vehicle) for hire (n/t) on 22:06 - Jul 20 by BrynCartwright

Thanks Jackson. I will give Don a ring tomorrow. All the best mate.

No Probs BrynCartwright, let us know how you get along

Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one. W. C. Fields

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024