Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? 10:23 - Jul 21 with 3111 viewsMarinaJack

Labour may well have a point here

Given the vast amounts of money in the premier league and given the pretty awful state of local pitches in the Swansea area. (ask anyone involved in kids or adults football or even other sports at local level and they will confirm this)

At times teams can go weeks and weeks without a game due to pitches being water logged or frozen off

So Should the Swans be building at least one four g pitch for the community every season we remain in the premier league?

Imo it's a resounding yes, it will generate great pr for the club, help the ties between the community and the club

Plus In the long term it could well pay for itself as it may even help develop some young players for the first team (at present is there even one single Swansea born player playing regularly in the premiership? )

Thoughts?

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 10:45 - Jul 21 with 3082 viewsjack_lord

How much does a pitch cost?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 10:49 - Jul 21 with 3074 viewsthe_oracle

Swansea has the fewest 3g pitches in Wales. There is talk of one of the astros at Asheligh being replaced with 3g and and a new one being added on the grass area in front of the two astros.
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 10:54 - Jul 21 with 3063 viewsjack2jack

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 10:45 - Jul 21 by jack_lord

Depending on ground conditions,what drainage is required,size of pitch,other things like access roads, buildings etc your probably looking at 500k to 1 million
Smaller pitches considerably less.5 a side pitches probably in the order of 40k again depending on ground conditions etc.
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 10:57 - Jul 21 with 3058 viewsMarinaJack

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 10:45 - Jul 21 by jack_lord

A budget of £500k per annum should be able to sort out one each year

Would be a great idea even in the council then take on the cost of up keeping them

As it stands the facilities for local clubs and schools are rubbish,
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 11:41 - Jul 21 with 3005 viewsE20Jack

I guess it also could improve the technical quality of the talent pool in Swansea being able to play on a nice even surface.

Initially I thought no, but I think its a decent idea.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 12:53 - Jul 21 with 2929 viewswaynekerr55

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 11:41 - Jul 21 by E20Jack

I guess it also could improve the technical quality of the talent pool in Swansea being able to play on a nice even surface.

Initially I thought no, but I think its a decent idea.

I think in principle the idea of 3g/4g pitches is good to stop postponements. The whole 'improve technique' thing is a bit of a red herring for me. The balkans/South American's don't struggle technically despite playing in swamps and dust tracks. We molly coddle players too much IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 12:54 - Jul 21 with 2924 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 12:53 - Jul 21 by waynekerr55

I think in principle the idea of 3g/4g pitches is good to stop postponements. The whole 'improve technique' thing is a bit of a red herring for me. The balkans/South American's don't struggle technically despite playing in swamps and dust tracks. We molly coddle players too much IMO

Any half decent kid will be in the Swansea system quickly anyway and playing on excellent pitches.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 13:01 - Jul 21 with 2911 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I dont think its about finding new local players, i think its about giving back to the community.

The Club took away 2 lots of pitches fron the community in Fairwood and RTB.

Good post from marina jack

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 13:18 - Jul 21 with 2887 viewsBanosswan

The wru are doing this for rugby pitches in the community.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 13:41 - Jul 21 with 2863 viewsMarinaJack

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 12:53 - Jul 21 by waynekerr55

TBH I don't many games in south America get rained or frozen off though

sometimes our kids go weeks if not a month plus without being able to play a competitive game
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 13:51 - Jul 21 with 2848 viewsTheFranchise

As someone heavily involved in the organisation of junior football locally it's unbelievably frustrating that from October-March so much gets cancelled because of the weather.

From this season Penyrheol & Morriston have 3g pitches ready and Cefn Hengoed will be ready in the new year.

Unfortunately these are managed by the Leisure Centres and not the Parks department. The cost of hiring one compared to a standard permit is considerably more and no reduced rate is currently available to assist.

Having facilities is great and they will be used at the much greater expense. If there are more and they are managed in the same way, we couldn't afford to use them.
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:08 - Jul 21 with 2827 viewsMarinaJack

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 13:51 - Jul 21 by TheFranchise

As someone heavily involved in the organisation of junior football locally it's unbelievably frustrating that from October-March so much gets cancelled because of the weather.

From this season Penyrheol & Morriston have 3g pitches ready and Cefn Hengoed will be ready in the new year.

Unfortunately these are managed by the Leisure Centres and not the Parks department. The cost of hiring one compared to a standard permit is considerably more and no reduced rate is currently available to assist.

Having facilities is great and they will be used at the much greater expense. If there are more and they are managed in the same way, we couldn't afford to use them.

Given the obesity crisis in youngsters, all permits for kids games should be free

Sport keeps youngsters fits, lets them learn about team work and helps them keep out of anti social activities

Local council's and the welsh assembly should fund all school and kids sports in wales

If anything there are less park pitches and less facilities now than years ago, it's a nonsense
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:11 - Jul 21 with 2822 viewsTheFranchise

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:08 - Jul 21 by MarinaJack

Given the obesity crisis in youngsters, all permits for kids games should be free

Sport keeps youngsters fits, lets them learn about team work and helps them keep out of anti social activities

Local council's and the welsh assembly should fund all school and kids sports in wales

If anything there are less park pitches and less facilities now than years ago, it's a nonsense

Permits are going up all the time too.
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:17 - Jul 21 with 2808 viewsMarinaJack

I know it's crazy, how many pitches now have decent changing facilities and a ref?

The senior league is dying slowly look how many top sides have gone under in recent years , the sunday league is shrinking year on year

The midweek cricket league has died, rugby clubs junior sections are folding each season and they want to charge the clubs that are left more

All that will do is kill of more and more of our local sides
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:41 - Jul 21 with 2774 viewsGlyn1

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 12:54 - Jul 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Any half decent kid will be in the Swansea system quickly anyway and playing on excellent pitches.

What about the kids who are hopeless but still enjoy playing football with their mates? They deserve facilities as well.

One way of looking at this would be that it would be the equivalent of a new tax on the club but with the money to be ringfenced to be spent on sport in the local community.

It does sound worth considering, either as a fixed anual payment or perhaps an extra 1% on transfer fees. (So £40 million for Syggi = £400,000.)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:41 - Jul 21 with 2774 viewsTheFranchise

From a junior perspective, we have more refs now than I ever remember from when I managed sides and the number of kids playing remains quite consistent.

There are a dedicated group of people organising the football for youngsters here, it's getting harder all the time. Clubs are struggling to pay bills because parents are struggling, pitches genuinely suck but the park guys work hard with both hands tied behind their back.

We need affordable ways to see football being played through the winter.
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:51 - Jul 21 with 2763 viewsfiftypencehead

It seems rather rich that football clubs are asked to provide for the community just because they are seen to have surplus funds that can be used to fund local projects.

Using the Netherlands as a direct comparisson where the central/local government provide ALL of the Sportparks, and the clubs that use them manage the clubhouse (and take profits from refreshment sales). I cannot see why this model could not be applied to the UK.

We are always told we are an affluent country, one of the most powerful counties etc.. yet we are always looking for others to bail out national problems i.e. railways, Royal mail etc..

It's about time that central goverment took reponsibility for the growing obesity crisis and general malaise of their population by offering subsidised facilities. There is no reason this isn't achievable, it is only because their focus is on making sure their mates in the city are looked after rather than the other 59 million inhabitants that we are always fighting a losing battle for causes such as this.

You only have to look at the recent disasters that have hit the UK i.e. Grennfell, Manchester, London Bridge etc to see that the movers and shakers are the general public not the government, it is the public and the power of social media that have kept these topics relevant, if it were down to the politicians we'd be kept in the dark.

I totally understand thst the money in football is obscene, but, just because the Premier League is doing well it sholudn't have to make up the shortfall of the failings of central and local government who have ridden roughshod over their electorate for years.

So, come on Chairwoman May et al, get your cash out and spend it on things we all want not what the Eton massive require.

When the ball hits the goal it's not Shearer or Cole it's Lee Trundle!

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 15:01 - Jul 21 with 2738 viewsfelixstowe_jack

You could ask what happens to the £50m a year the club pays in tax via players tax, NI and VAT?

Would be good gesture by the club as long as they get some publicity for it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 15:03 - Jul 21 with 2735 viewsTheFranchise

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 15:01 - Jul 21 by felixstowe_jack

You could ask what happens to the £50m a year the club pays in tax via players tax, NI and VAT?

Would be good gesture by the club as long as they get some publicity for it.

The council would bleed them dry.
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 15:12 - Jul 21 with 2716 viewsMarinaJack

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:51 - Jul 21 by fiftypencehead

It seems rather rich that football clubs are asked to provide for the community just because they are seen to have surplus funds that can be used to fund local projects.

Using the Netherlands as a direct comparisson where the central/local government provide ALL of the Sportparks, and the clubs that use them manage the clubhouse (and take profits from refreshment sales). I cannot see why this model could not be applied to the UK.

We are always told we are an affluent country, one of the most powerful counties etc.. yet we are always looking for others to bail out national problems i.e. railways, Royal mail etc..

It's about time that central goverment took reponsibility for the growing obesity crisis and general malaise of their population by offering subsidised facilities. There is no reason this isn't achievable, it is only because their focus is on making sure their mates in the city are looked after rather than the other 59 million inhabitants that we are always fighting a losing battle for causes such as this.

You only have to look at the recent disasters that have hit the UK i.e. Grennfell, Manchester, London Bridge etc to see that the movers and shakers are the general public not the government, it is the public and the power of social media that have kept these topics relevant, if it were down to the politicians we'd be kept in the dark.

I totally understand thst the money in football is obscene, but, just because the Premier League is doing well it sholudn't have to make up the shortfall of the failings of central and local government who have ridden roughshod over their electorate for years.

So, come on Chairwoman May et al, get your cash out and spend it on things we all want not what the Eton massive require.

I get your point but £500k a year out of what a £150 million plus budget is a drop in the ocean

This is something that will help the community that helps fund and support the club and helped keep them afloat during the dark days

Not really asking too much for them to give something back

Buy yeah your right the govt should be doing more to
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 15:55 - Jul 21 with 2676 viewsjack_lord

Is there a tax break that the club/players could pay into a charitable fund that would provide such pitches for the community?

Good business publicity all round.

I did think that there was lottery money or FA money for this type of thing.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 17:40 - Jul 21 with 2606 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:41 - Jul 21 by Glyn1

What about the kids who are hopeless but still enjoy playing football with their mates? They deserve facilities as well.

One way of looking at this would be that it would be the equivalent of a new tax on the club but with the money to be ringfenced to be spent on sport in the local community.

It does sound worth considering, either as a fixed anual payment or perhaps an extra 1% on transfer fees. (So £40 million for Syggi = £400,000.)

They don't need a £500,000 pitch to play with their mates on.

Facilities were poor when I played and I suspect that remains the same.

I'd be all for a tax on Premier League clubs to fund facilities in their local areas.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 06:01 - Jul 22 with 2474 viewsJackfath

What's the cost of maintenance of a pitch once it's put in?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 06:23 - Jul 22 with 2464 viewsjack247

Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 14:51 - Jul 21 by fiftypencehead

I agree with this. Money spent promoting active lifestyles, be it football pitches, swimming pools, leisure centres whatever, is money that won't have to be spent on the NHS for future generations. I'm all for subsiding healthy food and increasing tax on fast food too, even though I'd still sneak the odd Dominos in.

Anyway, on the original point, I don't think there should be any obligation for the club to do this, but it's affordable to them and would be a superb gesture. I don't know how bothered the Americans are about building links with the community, but this would be a great way to do it.
Should the Swans fund 4 G Pitches for the community?? on 07:21 - Jul 22 with 2449 viewsKilkennyjack

Maybe certain local former owners of our club could help fund ?
Millions in the bank and still salaries of hundreds of thousands each year - all from the club.

Great opportunity ......

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024