Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... 18:48 - Jul 21 with 9736 viewsE20Jack

Looks like our valuation is stopping the deal.

Surely that is essentially a "not for sale" statement rather thana genuine valuation, as nobody is going to pay £30 million for Llorente.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 18:53 - Jul 21 with 7170 viewsLeonWasGod

You'd think so, but there seem to be some idiot owners/chairmen around at the moment.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 18:57 - Jul 21 with 7117 viewsjackjackjackjack

This is all good, but a club like ours survives as a stepping stone to the larger clubs. When we refuse to sell players on, when they want to leave, it's going to upset the dynamic in the changing room, and make us less appealing to a player who aspires to be at "Champions League" level.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:00 - Jul 21 with 7087 viewsPozuelosSideys

"Come get him"

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:08 - Jul 21 with 7007 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 18:57 - Jul 21 by jackjackjackjack

This is all good, but a club like ours survives as a stepping stone to the larger clubs. When we refuse to sell players on, when they want to leave, it's going to upset the dynamic in the changing room, and make us less appealing to a player who aspires to be at "Champions League" level.

Interesting point. I was thinking it could cause problems because our finances rely on us selling big every couple of seasons or so. I hadn't thought it could be seen as a block to progress. I suppose it could be for certain players (e.g. Ayew).
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:22 - Jul 21 with 6889 viewsBorojack

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:08 - Jul 21 by LeonWasGod

Interesting point. I was thinking it could cause problems because our finances rely on us selling big every couple of seasons or so. I hadn't thought it could be seen as a block to progress. I suppose it could be for certain players (e.g. Ayew).

Yes it's an interesting one but we want players signing for the right reasons.
Nobody forces them to sign contracts for 70k plus a week.
Tough life being a PL footballer.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:24 - Jul 21 with 6855 viewsmonmouth

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:00 - Jul 21 by PozuelosSideys

"Come get him"

Yes, agreed, we'd take 20m, maybe a fair bit less like a shot. But I'm liking this aggressive public stance.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:24 - Jul 21 with 6851 viewsBournedore

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 18:57 - Jul 21 by jackjackjackjack

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't...
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:28 - Jul 21 with 6798 viewsBorojack

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:24 - Jul 21 by Bournedore

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't...

About time we started getting the going rate for our players.
30 million is loose change to a Roman can sell a small yacht if he needs a few quid.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:28 - Jul 21 with 6796 views3swan

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:24 - Jul 21 by monmouth

Yes, agreed, we'd take 20m, maybe a fair bit less like a shot. But I'm liking this aggressive public stance.

Is it an aggressive stance, or unsupported comment?

I'm sure it would go down well with Chelsea after we take a player on loan from them
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:37 - Jul 21 with 6696 viewsjack247

He's got a year left and was dropping hints about leaving not long ago. I'm all for playing this game with Siggy, but not convinced it's the way to go with Llorente. Wouldn't want him seeing his contract out and going for free.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:43 - Jul 21 with 6620 viewsSwanjaxs

I have it on good authority that Reading pulled the plug on the Barrow deal when they heard of our £25 million valuation 😮

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:49 - Jul 21 with 6548 viewsFlashberryjack

F*ck me ! there's no pleasing some people, for years we've been moaning that we sell players to cheaply, now some are moaning that we're asking to much.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:50 - Jul 21 with 6526 viewsoldcob

No doubt Chelsea will bear this in mind if we negotiate loan/buy for Tammy Abraham next season. We could end up shooting ourselves in the foot.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:51 - Jul 21 with 6523 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:43 - Jul 21 by Swanjaxs

I have it on good authority that Reading pulled the plug on the Barrow deal when they heard of our £25 million valuation 😮

Reading pulled out of the deal when the found out how much we are paying the idiot.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:53 - Jul 21 with 6487 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:22 - Jul 21 by Borojack

Yes it's an interesting one but we want players signing for the right reasons.
Nobody forces them to sign contracts for 70k plus a week.
Tough life being a PL footballer.

Yes, but if we could capture a top top player who fully committed to us for only a year and then moved on to get CL football... I'd take that as long as he made a difference to us.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 20:03 - Jul 21 with 6358 viewsBorojack

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:53 - Jul 21 by LeonWasGod

Yes, but if we could capture a top top player who fully committed to us for only a year and then moved on to get CL football... I'd take that as long as he made a difference to us.

Yes true but it works both ways the player could turn out to be gash and we end up being stuck with the wage.
I get what your saying but there needs to be a happy medium don't want to put really low release clauses into players contracts that could cost the club millions.

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 20:14 - Jul 21 with 6253 viewsandypitt56

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 20:03 - Jul 21 by Borojack

Yes true but it works both ways the player could turn out to be gash and we end up being stuck with the wage.
I get what your saying but there needs to be a happy medium don't want to put really low release clauses into players contracts that could cost the club millions.

If this is true you have to hand it to the mericans they dont back down... Old huw must be having restless nights knowing clubs want to buy our players for more than 5m.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 22:29 - Jul 21 with 5411 viewsRancid

Again the Americans showing the old guard how to wheel and deal in the big money world of big time football.Llorente and Siggy would have gone by now for a fee of 25m for the 2 if Huw was still controlling the finances.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 22:52 - Jul 21 with 5231 viewsCooperman

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 22:29 - Jul 21 by Rancid

Again the Americans showing the old guard how to wheel and deal in the big money world of big time football.Llorente and Siggy would have gone by now for a fee of 25m for the 2 if Huw was still controlling the finances.

Absolutely. We've toughened up considerably in the transfer market.

Definitely being run as a going concern in this area of the club.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:18 - Jul 21 with 5058 viewsicecoldjack

Bottom line here is that if we keep Siggy and Llorente with what we've already signed then we are pretty sure of staying up. Staying up means means £100 m plus .

The point about us being a stepping stone is valid and IMO spot on, it's a fine line but sometimes the club needs to play hard ball and not be a push over, i'm sure the yanks have come to this conclusion pretty quick, sell your best players and this time next year it could be a real struggle and playing in a lower league, a league where teams are spending crazy money and have larger budgets than us in the premier league!

There is a tipping balance, we almost went over it last year with decisions that were reckless and incompetent, it's one thing getting £12m for Ash but you also need to replace correctly,ditto Ayew .

Both valuations IMO are designed to say hands off, we don't know what will happen but i have a feeling both will remain at the Swans, of course it could yet still be another Jenkins smoke and mirrors play , time will tell but on the face of it this seems like smart business by us .
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:04 - Jul 22 with 3887 viewstrampie

If we hold aspiring champions league players to their contract if we don't want to sell or ask the going rate if we do want to sell then the Swans by definition will move up the league by keeping their best players until in theory the Swans themselves become a champions league team and then in their own right attract aspiring champions league players.

Either stay a small stepping stone club forever or break the mould.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:20 - Jul 22 with 3769 viewsjackjackjackjack

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:04 - Jul 22 by trampie

If we hold aspiring champions league players to their contract if we don't want to sell or ask the going rate if we do want to sell then the Swans by definition will move up the league by keeping their best players until in theory the Swans themselves become a champions league team and then in their own right attract aspiring champions league players.

Either stay a small stepping stone club forever or break the mould.

Will they want to come here in the first place, if the options are: do well and we won't let you move to a bigger club (and have your wages go from £80,000 to £125,000 a week), do badly and we'll ship you off to a lowly Spanish/French club on loan?

Chelsea aren't able to keep hold of Costa, but they've bought in a replacement, and will probably move Costa on. And Barcelona might not be able to keep hold of Neymar, so all clubs lose players, it's a matter of having good replacements coming through.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:25 - Jul 22 with 3723 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 19:43 - Jul 21 by Swanjaxs

They pulled the plug after reading the appraisal of fans on the Swans and Leeds forums. In the end we offered them £1.25M plus Mo Barrow but they turned us down.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:28 - Jul 22 with 3694 viewstrampie

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:20 - Jul 22 by jackjackjackjack

Will they want to come here in the first place, if the options are: do well and we won't let you move to a bigger club (and have your wages go from £80,000 to £125,000 a week), do badly and we'll ship you off to a lowly Spanish/French club on loan?

Chelsea aren't able to keep hold of Costa, but they've bought in a replacement, and will probably move Costa on. And Barcelona might not be able to keep hold of Neymar, so all clubs lose players, it's a matter of having good replacements coming through.

Yes they will come here for Premier League football, first team football and the money.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:55 - Jul 22 with 3513 viewsNOTRAC

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:18 - Jul 21 by icecoldjack

Bottom line here is that if we keep Siggy and Llorente with what we've already signed then we are pretty sure of staying up. Staying up means means £100 m plus .

The point about us being a stepping stone is valid and IMO spot on, it's a fine line but sometimes the club needs to play hard ball and not be a push over, i'm sure the yanks have come to this conclusion pretty quick, sell your best players and this time next year it could be a real struggle and playing in a lower league, a league where teams are spending crazy money and have larger budgets than us in the premier league!

There is a tipping balance, we almost went over it last year with decisions that were reckless and incompetent, it's one thing getting £12m for Ash but you also need to replace correctly,ditto Ayew .

Both valuations IMO are designed to say hands off, we don't know what will happen but i have a feeling both will remain at the Swans, of course it could yet still be another Jenkins smoke and mirrors play , time will tell but on the face of it this seems like smart business by us .

Icecoljack, it would be wonderful if you were right.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024