Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... 18:48 - Jul 21 with 9731 viewsE20Jack

Looks like our valuation is stopping the deal.

Surely that is essentially a "not for sale" statement rather thana genuine valuation, as nobody is going to pay £30 million for Llorente.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 10:48 - Jul 22 with 2123 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:18 - Jul 21 by icecoldjack

Bottom line here is that if we keep Siggy and Llorente with what we've already signed then we are pretty sure of staying up. Staying up means means £100 m plus .

The point about us being a stepping stone is valid and IMO spot on, it's a fine line but sometimes the club needs to play hard ball and not be a push over, i'm sure the yanks have come to this conclusion pretty quick, sell your best players and this time next year it could be a real struggle and playing in a lower league, a league where teams are spending crazy money and have larger budgets than us in the premier league!

There is a tipping balance, we almost went over it last year with decisions that were reckless and incompetent, it's one thing getting £12m for Ash but you also need to replace correctly,ditto Ayew .

Both valuations IMO are designed to say hands off, we don't know what will happen but i have a feeling both will remain at the Swans, of course it could yet still be another Jenkins smoke and mirrors play , time will tell but on the face of it this seems like smart business by us .

The Americans want him gone, Siggy has wanted to go for a good while.

Unless there's a big fack up, he WILL GO!!

All this is just business games. Forget about reading between the lines and looking for a romantic story. That doesn't exist.

Clement is busy tapping up replacements and has been all Summer. I just wish it would happen sooner rather than later and if that's taking the £32m-£37m on offer then so be it. Just get it done.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 10:50 - Jul 22 with 2123 viewsE20Jack

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 10:48 - Jul 22 by TheResurrection

The Americans want him gone, Siggy has wanted to go for a good while.

Unless there's a big fack up, he WILL GO!!

All this is just business games. Forget about reading between the lines and looking for a romantic story. That doesn't exist.

Clement is busy tapping up replacements and has been all Summer. I just wish it would happen sooner rather than later and if that's taking the £32m-£37m on offer then so be it. Just get it done.

Yup. I am a fan of them both, but not accepting offers that exceed their value will hold this club back from progressing.

£65m for Llorente and Siggy is an absolute no brainer sale. If you cant do great things with £65m then we dont deserve to be here anyway.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 15:28 - Jul 22 with 1978 viewsSwan91

They signed Morata AND Batshuayi played for Chelsea against arsenal today and scored 2 goals... after that game If I was Chelsea manager I would be happy with the 2 main strikers as it is! not spend more money on another one who is older and also wants game time like the other 2..... just doesn't make sense, especially at that price.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 15:33 - Jul 22 with 1964 viewsswanforthemoney

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 15:28 - Jul 22 by Swan91

They signed Morata AND Batshuayi played for Chelsea against arsenal today and scored 2 goals... after that game If I was Chelsea manager I would be happy with the 2 main strikers as it is! not spend more money on another one who is older and also wants game time like the other 2..... just doesn't make sense, especially at that price.

Tend to agree, but not a lot makes much sense in the transfer market any more. Dont forget theyve got Europe as well and Llorente has the experience if Morata got injured. Mind you 30 mills, Jesus H Christ.

I stand in the North Stand

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:37 - Jul 25 with 1812 viewsRancid

According to Sky tonight they're still very keen.Can you imagine? 30 million!!

It's only 30 million to us if it's reinvested in the team and not to inflate a few Americans bank balances.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:45 - Jul 25 with 1774 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:37 - Jul 25 by Rancid

It's only 30 million to us if it's reinvested in the team and not to inflate a few Americans bank balances.

£30M will be very handy when they lose the court case and are forced to buy the Trust's shares...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:50 - Jul 25 with 1752 viewshobo

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 15:28 - Jul 22 by Swan91

They want llorente to mentor morata. Besides when has chelsea's transfer policy ever made sense?! Let's take advantage of it for once. If we can tempt them to loan us Michy as part of the deal then even better!
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:51 - Jul 25 with 1751 viewsLoyal

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 18:57 - Jul 21 by jackjackjackjack

This is all good, but a club like ours survives as a stepping stone to the larger clubs. When we refuse to sell players on, when they want to leave, it's going to upset the dynamic in the changing room, and make us less appealing to a player who aspires to be at "Champions League" level.

Not entirely sure. Llorente has never indicated he wants to go.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:54 - Jul 25 with 1743 viewslifelong

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:37 - Jul 25 by Rancid

The Yanks must think this Premier League is wonderful if they sell Siggy and Llorente for £75m, hope they realise if we don't replace them with two players capable of scoring 30 goals a season,between them, we are fecked.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 06:33 - Jul 26 with 1573 viewsJokeren1943

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:55 - Jul 22 by NOTRAC

Icecoljack, it would be wonderful if you were right.

Llorente is for Swansea a proven goalscorer. Scoring between 10-15 goals next season. Therefore he Will be in the top 2 of the most important players in the upcoming season.

The club has alternatives, who has never played in PL or has not played for 2 years at the highest level.

Llorente will probably only last a season more (because of his age).

What is he worth?
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 06:39 - Jul 26 with 1562 viewsjack247

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 06:33 - Jul 26 by Jokeren1943

Llorente is for Swansea a proven goalscorer. Scoring between 10-15 goals next season. Therefore he Will be in the top 2 of the most important players in the upcoming season.

The club has alternatives, who has never played in PL or has not played for 2 years at the highest level.

Llorente will probably only last a season more (because of his age).

What is he worth?

He will only last one more season because of his contract.

£75m for Siggy and Llorente would have been incredible business a few weeks ago. If it drags into mid-August, it may not be.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 06:58 - Jul 26 with 1521 viewsSwan91

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 23:50 - Jul 25 by hobo

They want llorente to mentor morata. Besides when has chelsea's transfer policy ever made sense?! Let's take advantage of it for once. If we can tempt them to loan us Michy as part of the deal then even better!

Can only loan 1 player from a team... and we have Abraham.. so that is not possible.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:05 - Jul 26 with 1507 viewsJokeren1943

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 06:39 - Jul 26 by jack247

He will only last one more season because of his contract.

£75m for Siggy and Llorente would have been incredible business a few weeks ago. If it drags into mid-August, it may not be.

Was more considering Llorente age and injuries, but offcause the contract is important too.

If Swansea objective is to stay in the Premier League. And you barely survived last season and you are offered 60-70 millions for the two players which sat the benchmark for the entire team and saved us - with no proven alternatives then you fucck up your main objective.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:17 - Jul 26 with 1486 viewsjack247

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:05 - Jul 26 by Jokeren1943

Was more considering Llorente age and injuries, but offcause the contract is important too.

If Swansea objective is to stay in the Premier League. And you barely survived last season and you are offered 60-70 millions for the two players which sat the benchmark for the entire team and saved us - with no proven alternatives then you fucck up your main objective.

Well yeah, if we bank the £60-70m and don't replace them, or go down the cheap and cheerful route and replace them with Snodgrass and Ulloa.

If we got that kind of money in and spent say £45-50m of it, we could completely reshape the team and play more like we did before Monk came in. We would have to sign players with end product of course, but I think that kind of money can easily buy it.

It needs to happen soon or not happen at all though.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:35 - Jul 26 with 1448 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:17 - Jul 26 by jack247

Well yeah, if we bank the £60-70m and don't replace them, or go down the cheap and cheerful route and replace them with Snodgrass and Ulloa.

If we got that kind of money in and spent say £45-50m of it, we could completely reshape the team and play more like we did before Monk came in. We would have to sign players with end product of course, but I think that kind of money can easily buy it.

'...that kind of money can easily buy it'. I wouldn't use the word 'easily' because several clubs have come a cropper with a similar approach. I would have liked to build, while retaining the one strong link in the team that was consistently producing results (the one between the two players we will probably sell). I accept that we will almost certainly have to take the money and move on, but every time we do that it is a huge gamble. It so nearly went wrong last season.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:56 - Jul 26 with 1373 viewsJokeren1943

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:17 - Jul 26 by jack247

After being on the toilet I change my objective(s) The cheer holders (who own Swansea) first objective is to earn money.

The second objective is to be in Premier League (because it is where the money is).

These two to offen conflict - taken a gamble to earn some "easy" money.

Laudrup reshaped the Swansea team with the money from the Allen sale. i hope the Swansea board will allow Clement to do the same.

The important thing for Swansea now is to built a backbone of solid players (like Britton and Rangel) who perform well week after week but wouldn't get sold to other clubs because they are foot soldiers. Those players are the most important because they secure stability and allow us to sell 1-2 star players each season (for example Bony, Gylfi) without experience at total collapse of the team the following season. Last season Swansea had star players but we lacked a backbone. Especially in the midfield (we need a quality central midfielder and general), like Carrick in United.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 8:04]
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 08:07 - Jul 26 with 1333 viewsLoyal

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:56 - Jul 26 by Jokeren1943

After being on the toilet I change my objective(s) The cheer holders (who own Swansea) first objective is to earn money.

The second objective is to be in Premier League (because it is where the money is).

These two to offen conflict - taken a gamble to earn some "easy" money.

Laudrup reshaped the Swansea team with the money from the Allen sale. i hope the Swansea board will allow Clement to do the same.

The important thing for Swansea now is to built a backbone of solid players (like Britton and Rangel) who perform well week after week but wouldn't get sold to other clubs because they are foot soldiers. Those players are the most important because they secure stability and allow us to sell 1-2 star players each season (for example Bony, Gylfi) without experience at total collapse of the team the following season. Last season Swansea had star players but we lacked a backbone. Especially in the midfield (we need a quality central midfielder and general), like Carrick in United.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 8:04]

Can't have your point one without point two.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 09:01 - Jul 26 with 1190 viewsjack247

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 07:35 - Jul 26 by AnotherJohn

'...that kind of money can easily buy it'. I wouldn't use the word 'easily' because several clubs have come a cropper with a similar approach. I would have liked to build, while retaining the one strong link in the team that was consistently producing results (the one between the two players we will probably sell). I accept that we will almost certainly have to take the money and move on, but every time we do that it is a huge gamble. It so nearly went wrong last season.

Of course you can easily spend big on the wrong player, we did it last summer. That kind of money is enough to reshape our attack with quality players. There is always a gamble it won't work, but it's a huge amount of money to turn down for a player who wants out and another with a year on his contract.

With the squad we have and that kind of money, we should be able to build a team capable of surviving comfortably.
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 11:06 - Jul 26 with 1043 viewsMarinaJack

From a purely business point of view £30 million for a player of his age with his length of contract is probably too good to turn down.

Then again with out his goals we would have been relegated last year so how much is that worth to us?

Can we really find another 10 to 15 league goals a season striker for £30 million in this current transfer window?
Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 11:14 - Jul 26 with 1001 viewsjackjackjackjack

I hardly think Chelsea are going to pay £30m for a player who can't last 90mins. Conte's 3 major money buys this season have been 22, 24 and 24.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 11:15 - Jul 26 with 991 viewsmagicdaps10

There is no way we will get 30M for Llorente......his age and contract length dictate that.

If we get 12M for him, we would have done very very well imo.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 11:19 - Jul 26 with 971 viewsSwansea93

An article suggested Chelsea won't pay more than 15m for him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 11:30 - Jul 26 with 933 viewsSTID2017

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 11:19 - Jul 26 by Swansea93

An article suggested Chelsea won't pay more than 15m for him.

Tell them to get lost.
One season of him here to secure another season of PL football is far more important than £15 million in the bank

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 11:43 - Jul 26 with 901 viewsmonmouth

We are not getting anything in the same universe of 30m for Llorente.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea slap £30 million price tag on Llorente as Chelsea speculation mounts... on 12:07 - Jul 26 with 836 viewsicecoldjack

I have no problem with the sale, it's the ability of the club to replace them that's the issue. It may well be that the yanks understand this too, if siggy and Llorente stay then our chances of staying up are pretty much ensured, if we sell them for a wad of cash we then have to buy in somebody who will get us around 30 goals and make assists.

Considering they witnessed our club record signing do absolutely fook all i can see the logic in them thinking this transfer business thing is a lottery .
The safe bet and what ensures the club stay up is to maintain the current playing staff and add to it frugally .

We will see what happens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024