Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
southampton Tickets 22:35 - Jul 21 with 4762 viewsbuilthjack

New batch available. £20.
The first 2400 were snapped up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

southampton Tickets on 17:51 - Jul 22 with 1408 viewslonglostjack

southampton Tickets on 17:23 - Jul 22 by builthjack

NCL (Norwegian) do freestyle dining, that may suit you

Naturists?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

southampton Tickets on 19:11 - Jul 22 with 1356 viewsJackSkellington

southampton Tickets on 16:27 - Jul 22 by exiledclaseboy

I wasn't over enamoured with the thought of dressing up posh for the formal nights either. Not really my bag. Anyway, all moot now.

You don't have to dress up proper posh, you can just wear a bog standard suit on the few formal nights, I've never gone full tux. And anyway it only applies to the main restaurants and a few of the bars, you can still wear whatever you like for the buffet restaurant etc. Likewise you can totally ignore the flag waving nobs at sailaway time, I'm as un-UKIP as they come and it's never managed to spoil anything for me, all very avoidable!

On the positive side of sailing with P&O, they let you take your own booze on board to drink in your cabin - most lines don't and will actively confiscate it if they find you bringing it on board! Plus unlike the American lines, gratuitous constant tipping isn't expected and you can choose to opt out of it altogether if you wish.
southampton Tickets on 19:12 - Jul 22 with 1353 viewsSTID2017

southampton Tickets on 17:51 - Jul 22 by longlostjack

Naturists?

There have been naturist cruises - don't know how they manage with the shore excursions !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

southampton Tickets on 19:25 - Jul 22 with 1338 viewsBournedore

southampton Tickets on 16:24 - Jul 22 by STID2017

They do. Cruises in general are brilliant fun, but the P&O always seems very British-orientated to me.
That said always enjoyed them.

What about Cunard?
southampton Tickets on 19:25 - Jul 22 with 1338 viewsmonmouth

southampton Tickets on 19:11 - Jul 22 by JackSkellington

You don't have to dress up proper posh, you can just wear a bog standard suit on the few formal nights, I've never gone full tux. And anyway it only applies to the main restaurants and a few of the bars, you can still wear whatever you like for the buffet restaurant etc. Likewise you can totally ignore the flag waving nobs at sailaway time, I'm as un-UKIP as they come and it's never managed to spoil anything for me, all very avoidable!

On the positive side of sailing with P&O, they let you take your own booze on board to drink in your cabin - most lines don't and will actively confiscate it if they find you bringing it on board! Plus unlike the American lines, gratuitous constant tipping isn't expected and you can choose to opt out of it altogether if you wish.

And they do ovaltine for you before you go to bed....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

southampton Tickets on 19:32 - Jul 22 with 1329 viewsexiledclaseboy

southampton Tickets on 19:25 - Jul 22 by monmouth

And they do ovaltine for you before you go to bed....

To be honest, the lack of Ovaltine was the deal breaker for me.

Poll: Tory leader

southampton Tickets on 21:53 - Jul 22 with 1267 viewsSTID2017

southampton Tickets on 19:25 - Jul 22 by Bournedore

What about Cunard?

QM2 was great as was the old QE 2.
The Victoria was like God's waiting room - awful
Great food and service on all of them, especially the QE2

southampton Tickets on 21:56 - Jul 22 with 1265 viewsSTID2017

southampton Tickets on 19:11 - Jul 22 by JackSkellington

We never pay the upfront tips - just go to the desk when you get on board and tell them you want to pay them personally yourself.
Never had a problem on the British or American ships

Login to get fewer ads

southampton Tickets on 21:58 - Jul 22 with 1262 viewsSTID2017

As an aside, avoid MSC from Italy etc - terrible food, terrible service, poor entertainment and every announcement in 6 different languages

southampton Tickets on 22:28 - Jul 22 with 1233 viewsmonmouth

southampton Tickets on 21:53 - Jul 22 by STID2017

QM2 was great as was the old QE 2.
The Victoria was like God's waiting room - awful
Great food and service on all of them, especially the QE2

I don't like the class based structure of Cunard, although I did get to share an interesting drink with Martin Bell, and a less interesting one with Pam Ayers.

Funny enough on QE2 I had to play the game of prodding people (with my finger Loyal) to check that they were still alive.

Celebrity (food, ships and entertainment) and P&O (quizzes, dancing, drink prices and ovaltine) are my favourites.

southampton Tickets on 22:30 - Jul 22 with 1226 viewsLoyal

southampton Tickets on 22:28 - Jul 22 by monmouth

I don't like the class based structure of Cunard, although I did get to share an interesting drink with Martin Bell, and a less interesting one with Pam Ayers.

Funny enough on QE2 I had to play the game of prodding people (with my finger Loyal) to check that they were still alive.

Celebrity (food, ships and entertainment) and P&O (quizzes, dancing, drink prices and ovaltine) are my favourites.

So I'm assuming onnthe QE2 the age of the passengers is such they won't remember a great deal ?

Edit - Pam Ayres worth a go ?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 22:31]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

southampton Tickets on 22:36 - Jul 22 with 1212 viewsDewi1jack

southampton Tickets on 19:25 - Jul 22 by Bournedore

What about Cunard?

Old joke?

Who works for Cunard?
All of us!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

southampton Tickets on 22:38 - Jul 22 with 1208 viewsmonmouth

southampton Tickets on 22:30 - Jul 22 by Loyal

So I'm assuming onnthe QE2 the age of the passengers is such they won't remember a great deal ?

Edit - Pam Ayres worth a go ?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 22:31]

They might still know the difference between a donger and an ice cream.....just.

I wouldn't dream of objectifying a woman, especially one that was as sexually unappealing as me, and talks in cornish pasty based rhymes.

southampton Tickets on 23:07 - Jul 22 with 1179 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jesus,now I can't help but think we're missing out.

Poll: Tory leader

southampton Tickets on 23:19 - Jul 22 with 1164 viewsmonmouth

southampton Tickets on 23:07 - Jul 22 by exiledclaseboy

Jesus,now I can't help but think we're missing out.

southampton Tickets on 00:47 - Jul 23 with 1135 viewsGlyn1

OK. Those are the bad points. Why are you doing it again? (Serious question.)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

southampton Tickets on 08:13 - Jul 23 with 1093 viewsSTID2017

In all seriousness, cruising is a great way to sample new places.
Some you decide you'd love to go back to, others one visit is enough.
Try wherever possible to avoid paying for the organised excursions - either go ashore independently and get a taxi or local tour, or else book online independently before you go.
I also think Celebrity are best, especially for entértainment, but have also had great fun on Thomsons (although they aren't necessarily cheap)

southampton Tickets on 12:09 - Jul 23 with 1047 viewsJackSkellington

southampton Tickets on 08:13 - Jul 23 by STID2017

In all seriousness, cruising is a great way to sample new places.
Some you decide you'd love to go back to, others one visit is enough.
Try wherever possible to avoid paying for the organised excursions - either go ashore independently and get a taxi or local tour, or else book online independently before you go.
I also think Celebrity are best, especially for entértainment, but have also had great fun on Thomsons (although they aren't necessarily cheap)

Aye, once you get a taste for the constant change of scenery that a cruise brings, it becomes quite difficult, and dare I say it boring, to stay put in one place. Now even when we go on land based holidays we get the urge to go and seek out new places every day, can't sit still by a pool any more, bores us rigid.
southampton Tickets on 12:17 - Jul 23 with 1039 viewsmonmouth

southampton Tickets on 00:47 - Jul 23 by Glyn1

OK. Those are the bad points. Why are you doing it again? (Serious question.)

No, that's banter.

If you like it, and I do, then it's a very relaxing holiday indeed. I go device free as well. There's just something about being at sea for me.

As others say above, no way could I do a 10 day beach holiday in one place now. Driving/multi centre holidays or short breaks are the only alternatives that really interest me now.

southampton Tickets on 12:35 - Jul 23 with 1025 viewsDewi1jack

southampton Tickets on 12:17 - Jul 23 by monmouth

No, that's banter.

If you like it, and I do, then it's a very relaxing holiday indeed. I go device free as well. There's just something about being at sea for me.

As others say above, no way could I do a 10 day beach holiday in one place now. Driving/multi centre holidays or short breaks are the only alternatives that really interest me now.

We just use the one place as a base.
First thing I normally do on arriving somewhere is find which cafes the locals use and try and start talking with them, to find the best things in an area.
Haven't done a cruise since having kiddies some 25 years ago.
We're seriously considering going on a cruise next year- getting hitched in jamaica this year! Just us 2.
Too many kids and grandkids to pay for them all to fly out(13 and 1 on the way)!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

southampton Tickets on 14:36 - Jul 23 with 988 viewsWxmJax

Bloody hell, Builth. I had no intention of going and now thanks to you I've just gone and bought some. Going to be fun in that holiday traffic on the A34 around Winchester.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

southampton Tickets on 14:49 - Jul 23 with 981 viewsbuilthjack

Just say thanks

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

southampton Tickets on 14:56 - Jul 23 with 964 viewsWxmJax

thanks, I think. Saying that the few and far games that my son gets to in August we always win.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

southampton Tickets on 21:50 - Jul 23 with 891 viewsswan85

southampton Tickets on 10:49 - Jul 22 by monmouth

Incredibly irritatingly, I will be in Southampton at 3pm that day. On a frigging cruise ship.

Very similar to you (as in I was already going to be in Southampton on that day before fixtures announced) but to go to IOW instead of a cruise, so end of similarity there. But managed to convince my mrs (not from Swansea) to go shopping for the day and delay when we go to IOW, she agreed!

So I am taking my eldest daughter (10) to her first ever game. I hope this will set her interests/team for life!
southampton Tickets on 23:32 - Jul 23 with 848 viewsmonmouth

southampton Tickets on 21:50 - Jul 23 by swan85

Very similar to you (as in I was already going to be in Southampton on that day before fixtures announced) but to go to IOW instead of a cruise, so end of similarity there. But managed to convince my mrs (not from Swansea) to go shopping for the day and delay when we go to IOW, she agreed!

So I am taking my eldest daughter (10) to her first ever game. I hope this will set her interests/team for life!

Excellent thinking under pressure!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024