Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread 23:48 - Jul 21 with 12312 viewsjackharris

British Summer Time Kick Off at 12.30am Sunday 23rd July 2017. Streamed live on the official site.

[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 10:39]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 02:35 - Jul 23 with 2206 viewsDJack

We need to take a chainsaw to the deadwood.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 02:44 - Jul 23 with 2120 viewsLoyal

I'm beginning to think Fulton, Montero, Kingsley, Grimes, Routledge, VDH, at least should all be moved on and quickly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 02:46 - Jul 23 with 2103 viewsGriffting

Right. Tours over, had a decent look at everyone.
The bin list should include: montero, barrow, VDH, grimes. Routs should go as well but he'll likely be kept.

We need some creativity in the midfield, a good winger and competition at right back.
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 03:37 - Jul 23 with 2001 viewsJackSkellington

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 02:44 - Jul 23 by Loyal

I'm beginning to think Fulton, Montero, Kingsley, Grimes, Routledge, VDH, at least should all be moved on and quickly.

Montero in particular was very poor, such a shame given the potential he appeared to have a couple of seasons ago, but I think we need to sell him asap while he's currently uninjured.

We do need to make some allowances for most of them for the fact they were playing in 33° heat which explains the apparent "laziness", but Montero also looked like he's forgotten how to do his one and only trick, so I'm not sure what the point would be in keeping him. Looking at Abraham's pace and creative skill I think he would probably do a better job on the wing than most of our wingers.
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 06:23 - Jul 23 with 1864 viewsbuilthjack

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 02:44 - Jul 23 by Loyal

I think we knew that though. I hope Clement is strong enough to tell the board.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 06:28 - Jul 23 with 1854 views34dfgdf54

Didn't watch the game, glad I didn't.

This is surely doing nothing for us though? I think I'd rather us take the Palace route and enter some tournaments against decent opposition.

4 signings needed if Siggy goes at the very least.
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 08:57 - Jul 23 with 1521 viewshobo

Narsingh is just another Montero too. Needs 20 touches before deciding what to do. Ayew also very poor last night
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:17 - Jul 23 with 1444 viewsmonmouth

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 02:46 - Jul 23 by Griffting

Right. Tours over, had a decent look at everyone.
The bin list should include: montero, barrow, VDH, grimes. Routs should go as well but he'll likely be kept.

We need some creativity in the midfield, a good winger and competition at right back.

I'm thinking as someone else said f**k wingers. Sell the lot as a bundle for firewood. Dicky Diamond all the way, with Abraham/Ayew; Abraham/Llorente; Ayew/Llorente take your pick up front.

Thank God I missed that second half. I assume Grimes/Montero/VDH etc were as gash as we've come to expect? We're going to keep them all though, aren't we?

Oh and the club's answer to creativity? In a word. Ki. You knows it.

On the upside, it was too hot to play football, and Abraham looked promising, even if it was against Knoblicksville. What was Mesa like?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:28 - Jul 23 with 1398 viewsDr_Winston

The glaring lack of creativity minus Siggy has been obvious since last season, yet oddly most people seem to think that defensive additions at RB and CB are our priority. Weird.

We need at least two creative, pacy attacking players and have done for more than a year. Sort that and then we can maybe worry about other positions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:32 - Jul 23 with 1384 viewsexiledclaseboy

What was the score?

Poll: Tory leader

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:49 - Jul 23 with 1315 viewsDrGonzo

Seems we've learned little from last season. Terrible wingers, no creativity and suspect defence. Our two best players sitting at home, both likely to be off and no hint of competent replacements.

All the sky money we've got and all we've got to show for it is a Cork/Mesa swap and a Chelsea kid who has never played premier league football. Cheap.

Never mind though. Some yanks get to see their heroes.
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 10:11 - Jul 23 with 1247 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:32 - Jul 23 by exiledclaseboy

What was the score?

Locked at zero-zero, dude.
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 10:36 - Jul 23 with 1164 viewsFlash

Their goalkeeper made a couple of very good saves.
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 11:16 - Jul 23 with 1083 viewsDewi1jack

Lost the will to live completely at half time, as the film I was watching on TV at the same time as keeping an eye on the game finished, and went to bed.

This squad is the result of Capt Beaky thinking he can sort transfers and long contracts for 1/4 tidy players.
Although, a few struggle to hit 1/4 tidy at the mo.
Many wasted years and allowing 1/2 tidy players to go so the manager can get rid of a complete 1st team system.
No flair. No style.
Certainly no sign of the panache that ripped the likes of West Brom, Villa even Cardiff apart
Some of our players look they have to think hard about breathing let alone playing football.

Can't find an post match interview with Clement anywhere. If anyone can find it could you post a link?
Thanks in advance.

Already feeling sorry for PC and worried he'll be given the Spanish archer around December when we get Landon Donovan instead.
Him and the squad we have?
Ahh well.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 11:30 - Jul 23 with 1059 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:28 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

The glaring lack of creativity minus Siggy has been obvious since last season, yet oddly most people seem to think that defensive additions at RB and CB are our priority. Weird.

We need at least two creative, pacy attacking players and have done for more than a year. Sort that and then we can maybe worry about other positions.

This, most definitely.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 11:39 - Jul 23 with 1025 views34dfgdf54

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 09:28 - Jul 23 by Dr_Winston

The squad is in a bad way, the good results at the end of last season has masked it for some.

Siggy and Llorente will have to stay now, I do not have any faith whatsoever in Huw getting the replacements plus more in the time we now have before the Southampton game.
The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 11:42 - Jul 23 with 1017 viewsmonmouth

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 11:39 - Jul 23 by 34dfgdf54

The squad is in a bad way, the good results at the end of last season has masked it for some.

Siggy and Llorente will have to stay now, I do not have any faith whatsoever in Huw getting the replacements plus more in the time we now have before the Southampton game.

Sigurdsson will be gone for the new financial year mate. Just got to hope we have a couple lined up. But it'll take a few months to get them integrated. Llorente will still be here I think, whether people think that's a good thing or not. Personally I do now, simply because at least he knows where the frigging net is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 11:59 - Jul 23 with 986 viewsJackSkellington

The Official North Carolina Vs Swansea City Pre-Season Match Thread on 11:42 - Jul 23 by monmouth

Sigurdsson will be gone for the new financial year mate. Just got to hope we have a couple lined up. But it'll take a few months to get them integrated. Llorente will still be here I think, whether people think that's a good thing or not. Personally I do now, simply because at least he knows where the frigging net is.

This plus from what I've seen so far of Abraham, he easily already looks one of the best players in our squad. What we need most desperately is to spend some money on a decent creative midfielder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024