Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork 10:02 - Jul 22 with 9795 viewsBorojack

If Sigurdsson and Llorente get sold to Everton and Chelsea that could be about 75 million coming in including the Cork sale.
We would then need a striker an attacking midfielder / winger type.
Personally I think we need an upgrade on Naughton as well.
Just hope Sigurdsson and Llorente don't go late and we are left scampering around last minute.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 12:51 - Jul 22 with 2055 viewsSTID2017

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 12:48 - Jul 22 by TheResurrection

The OP must have a Masters in stating the bloody obvious but still felt the need to bore the rest of us I guess.

However his maths are well out. We'll be more than lucky to get £45m for Siggy and Llorente combined.

Says the king of the bores

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 13:04 - Jul 22 with 2026 viewsBorojack

The OP must have a Masters in stating the bloody obvious but still felt the need to bore the rest of us I guess.

However his maths are well out. We'll be more than lucky to get £45m for Siggy and Llorente combined.

Ah tit for tat from the most boring poster on this forum by some distance.
Be nice if you could move onto another topic for next season had 7 months of Sigurddson and Llorente bashing now.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 15:47 - Jul 22 with 1892 viewsSTID2017

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 13:04 - Jul 22 by Borojack

Ah tit for tat from the most boring poster on this forum by some distance.
Be nice if you could move onto another topic for next season had 7 months of Sigurddson and Llorente bashing now.

If (God forbid) he should have his wish and we sell both, he'll have nothing to post about (we live in hope)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 15:52 - Jul 22 with 1883 viewsoldcob

Looking at the Chelsea v Arsenal game on the box this afternoon, and taking into the consideration the striker the have just signed you have to ask yourself "Why does Chelsea want Llorente". There's four or five better than him there already.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 15:54]
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 15:55 - Jul 22 with 1873 viewsWhiterockin

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 15:52 - Jul 22 by oldcob

Looking at the Chelsea v Arsenal game on the box this afternoon, and taking into the consideration the striker the have just signed you have to ask yourself "Why does Chelsea want Llorente". There's four or five better than him there already.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 15:54]

Who cares, they have asked and been told the price (apparently). If they want him pay up or we are happy as we are.
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 15:57 - Jul 22 with 1863 viewsoldcob

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 15:55 - Jul 22 by Whiterockin

Who cares, they have asked and been told the price (apparently). If they want him pay up or we are happy as we are.

Exactly. I think its reporters putting two and two together and making thirty million. They are using the Llorente-Conte past history connection.
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 17:10 - Jul 22 with 1798 viewsbuilthjack

If they go late , and it's too late to bring players in, then Clement could walk.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 17:55 - Jul 22 with 1736 viewsperplex

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 10:39 - Jul 22 by E20Jack

I don't think so.

A 3 pronged attack of Ayew, Abraham and someone of Chadli's ilk will be a very good forward line. Especially if we add the likes of Wilshire to Mesa and Carroll. That could quite possibly be our best midfield and attack since we have been in the PL (Laudrup era aside maybe).

I have a feeling that Abraham will go on to huge things. Tall, strong, quick, great feet and composed with a natural eye for goal. He looks the business.

Wiltshire will probably spend most of the season out injured Ayew is not a goal scorer Abraham is raw and unproven and Chadli can be very inconsistent just adding the potential negatives to your positives.
Login to get fewer ads

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 17:58 - Jul 22 with 1715 viewsE20Jack

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 17:55 - Jul 22 by perplex

Wiltshire will probably spend most of the season out injured Ayew is not a goal scorer Abraham is raw and unproven and Chadli can be very inconsistent just adding the potential negatives to your positives.

Good point. Lets get rid and start again.

Doomed.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:05 - Jul 22 with 1699 viewsperplex

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 17:58 - Jul 22 by E20Jack

Good point. Lets get rid and start again.

Doomed.

Nope we just do not need to bring in players like Wiltshire, just players who will suit us and gel with who we already have.
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:08 - Jul 22 with 1688 viewsE20Jack

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:05 - Jul 22 by perplex

Nope we just do not need to bring in players like Wiltshire, just players who will suit us and gel with who we already have.

Then we disagree, superbly gifted player.

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:27 - Jul 22 with 1655 viewsicecoldjack

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:08 - Jul 22 by E20Jack

Then we disagree, superbly gifted player.

His stats for a far better passing team(Bournemouth) are quite frankly very poor, Leroy Fer was more productive in a relegation threatened Swans team .

I'm starting to think that it's Arsenal making Jack look good not the player himself, if he was all that why haven't Bournemouth tried to retain his services ??

Jack looks like a possible Newcastle signing to me, would be the name they crave with the money and wages but will do very little for it, i'd have him here for the right money but we could never build around him as he doesn't play enough games in a season, luxury player who is hyped beyond belief.
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:33 - Jul 22 with 1641 viewsE20Jack

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:27 - Jul 22 by icecoldjack

His stats for a far better passing team(Bournemouth) are quite frankly very poor, Leroy Fer was more productive in a relegation threatened Swans team .

I'm starting to think that it's Arsenal making Jack look good not the player himself, if he was all that why haven't Bournemouth tried to retain his services ??

Jack looks like a possible Newcastle signing to me, would be the name they crave with the money and wages but will do very little for it, i'd have him here for the right money but we could never build around him as he doesn't play enough games in a season, luxury player who is hyped beyond belief.

What stats are you looking at specifically? If like another poster you are looking at a goal tally only, then yes - Fer scores more goals. Wilshere is a playmaker not a goalscoring attacking midfielder. In terms of playmaking midfield stats, he is certainly more productive than Fer.

Minutes played:

Wilshere: 1916
Fer: 2405

Passes per game.

Wilshere: 38.7
Fer: 36.1

% of those passes successful.

Wilshere: 83.4%
Fer: 82.1%

Assists

Wilshere: 2
Fer: 2

Key passes per game:

Wilshere: 1.3
Fer: 0.5

Crosses per game:

Wilshere: 0.2
Fer: 0.1
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 18:45]

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 19:23 - Jul 22 with 1578 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We already turned down £40m for Siggy, and Llorente isn't leaving for less than £15m.

Sorry, but the rest of planet Earth values those 2 guys a lot more than you do. This point has been belabored on here for almost a year now, speaking of boring us with the obvious.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 19:47 - Jul 22 with 1531 viewsTheResurrection

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 19:23 - Jul 22 by Tummer_from_Texas

We already turned down £40m for Siggy, and Llorente isn't leaving for less than £15m.

Sorry, but the rest of planet Earth values those 2 guys a lot more than you do. This point has been belabored on here for almost a year now, speaking of boring us with the obvious.

No we haven't so pop a cork in it JR. I admire your support from afar I genuinely do but you need to know when you chat shit you'll get banged. Now heisht dood.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 21:01 - Jul 22 with 1461 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:05 - Jul 22 by perplex

imo Wiltshire would suit us down to the ground if he could stay fit...... big if

but i still don't think he'd be interested in coming here one little bit

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 21:23 - Jul 22 with 1437 viewsLeonWasGod

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 10:39 - Jul 22 by E20Jack

I don't think so.

A 3 pronged attack of Ayew, Abraham and someone of Chadli's ilk will be a very good forward line. Especially if we add the likes of Wilshire to Mesa and Carroll. That could quite possibly be our best midfield and attack since we have been in the PL (Laudrup era aside maybe).

I have a feeling that Abraham will go on to huge things. Tall, strong, quick, great feet and composed with a natural eye for goal. He looks the business.

Don't agree with that myself. Rangel was as prolific as Ayew last season. A forward line of Ayew, Chadli and this Tammy fella could well send us down (all depending on how Tammy gets on, but he's got it all to prove at this level). It would be a huge risk to pin our hopes on a combination of mediocrity and inexperience.
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 21:55 - Jul 22 with 1390 viewsE20Jack

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 21:23 - Jul 22 by LeonWasGod

Don't agree with that myself. Rangel was as prolific as Ayew last season. A forward line of Ayew, Chadli and this Tammy fella could well send us down (all depending on how Tammy gets on, but he's got it all to prove at this level). It would be a huge risk to pin our hopes on a combination of mediocrity and inexperience.

You think Ayew is mediocre? Wow.

He was probably our best player in nearly every match he played after his arrival. People have to stop judging players on how many they score.

The goals went through Llorente and Gylfi last year simply because of the way we played and our tactics. We played for set pieces and wanted to give Llorente as much service as possible, forgoing good patient build up play for a bit of hootball at times.

Under a new system and a new front line with players of varied ability (not just height and strength or set pieces) then goals should be more spread out which will give the likes of Ayew more opportunities in front of goal.

Hernandez, michu, bony, de guzman et al could all be called inexperienced im terms of the premier league, or even medicore if just judging by single aspects from the season before. However their quality was obvious if you watched the, regardless of experience or former top league goal tallies. Tammy Abraham, Chadli and Ayew are sheer quality.

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 22:11 - Jul 22 with 1358 viewsdameedna

Ayew Abraham and Chadli would be ideal.
Add Llorente or another striker we will be okay.
Abraham will be our starting striker and will score 20 goals.
Last time I did that it was for Jas Scotland and some idiot disagreed with me.
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 22:15 - Jul 22 with 1345 viewsicecoldjack

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 18:33 - Jul 22 by E20Jack

What stats are you looking at specifically? If like another poster you are looking at a goal tally only, then yes - Fer scores more goals. Wilshere is a playmaker not a goalscoring attacking midfielder. In terms of playmaking midfield stats, he is certainly more productive than Fer.

Minutes played:

Wilshere: 1916
Fer: 2405

Passes per game.

Wilshere: 38.7
Fer: 36.1

% of those passes successful.

Wilshere: 83.4%
Fer: 82.1%

Assists

Wilshere: 2
Fer: 2

Key passes per game:

Wilshere: 1.3
Fer: 0.5

Crosses per game:

Wilshere: 0.2
Fer: 0.1
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 18:45]

Using Fer was a low ball example but it just goes to show that Jack ain't all that when looking at what you typed.

It's hardly a ringing endorsement when his stats are only a little better than Leroy, i think it should be noted that Bournemouth were a far more polished outfit and jack should have done far far better there than he did, i think most would regard his time there as a failiure all things considered.

The boy is vastly overrated, while i've seen him have some superb games in the past, one being against us in the cup when he ran the show, the previous game if memory serves, he didn't get close to Leon!

I'd rather somebody else myself, in this crazy market and the hype that comes with young English players why is he on the market for less than Jack Cork ??

Have to ask yourself that question don't you? Arsenal don't seem too keen to extend his contract either so that tells me the kid is a risk for a club like us.
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 22:33 - Jul 22 with 1285 viewsMo_Wives

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 22:11 - Jul 22 by dameedna

Ayew Abraham and Chadli would be ideal.
Add Llorente or another striker we will be okay.
Abraham will be our starting striker and will score 20 goals.
Last time I did that it was for Jas Scotland and some idiot disagreed with me.

I disagree.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 00:21 - Jul 23 with 1200 viewsDJack

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 21:23 - Jul 22 by LeonWasGod

Wow, just WOW. Until this post I thought you were a great poster...you're dead to me now.

Being realistic I think you are talking out of your Arris but i'm always happy to hear your opinion, even when I think you are talking balls.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 00:29 - Jul 23 with 1188 viewsveng9

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 22:15 - Jul 22 by icecoldjack

Using Fer was a low ball example but it just goes to show that Jack ain't all that when looking at what you typed.

It's hardly a ringing endorsement when his stats are only a little better than Leroy, i think it should be noted that Bournemouth were a far more polished outfit and jack should have done far far better there than he did, i think most would regard his time there as a failiure all things considered.

The boy is vastly overrated, while i've seen him have some superb games in the past, one being against us in the cup when he ran the show, the previous game if memory serves, he didn't get close to Leon!

I'd rather somebody else myself, in this crazy market and the hype that comes with young English players why is he on the market for less than Jack Cork ??

Have to ask yourself that question don't you? Arsenal don't seem too keen to extend his contract either so that tells me the kid is a risk for a club like us.

We've needed more creativity from our deeper midfielders and Wilshere would bring that. 1.50 key passes per 90 minutes for Wilshere compared to 1.60 for Sigurdsson and 1.60 chances created per 90 minutes for Wilshere compared to 1.95 for Sigurdsson. Baring in my mind Wilshere played in a midfield 2 whilst Sigurdsson was an attacking midfielder or winger. Fer had 0.60 and 0.67 whilst Ki had 0.83 and 0.90. Going off those stats and watching him play Wilshere could potentially provide a lot more creativity and it might be easier for him as he'd be playing in a midfield 3.
Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 09:28 - Jul 23 with 1126 viewsAussieSwan

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 11:32 - Jul 22 by magicdaps10

My worry is, that these players will go late in the window and that we have little to no time to source replacements.

This. We let Williams go pretty late from memory, didn't we?

I'd say that we got pretty lucky in getting such a gem in Alfie Mawson on relatively short notice (but obviously I'm very glad we did)

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Sigurdsson Llorente Cork on 09:32 - Jul 23 with 1115 viewshobo

We should be using their interest in Llorente as a way of getting Michy in on loan and turning Abraham's loan into a permanent move. Everyone's a winner
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024