Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson 11:38 - Jul 23 with 91098 viewsLiam

Lots of people saying this on Twitter.

With Everton - £40m up front + £5m addons
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 11:49]
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:03 - Jul 25 with 4430 viewsTheKirkyLife

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:50 - Jul 25 by AngelRangelQS

What? So just fold and let ourselves be bullied?

In a window where Kyle Walker is going for £50m, Michael Keane for £30m, Everton have just received £70m for Lukaku and are spending cash like it's going out of fashion we should be demanding a guaranteed £45m-£50m for Sigurdsson.

There's no reason why we can't be setting up deals in the background in the event that he goes so we are ready to go as soon as it happens.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 15:50]

To add to this I genuinely believe Gylfi is a good enough professional to know if Everton don't cough up what we value him at then they clearly don't want him enough. The owners said £50 million from the outset and both Leicester/Everton were cheeky enough to try and get a lot of money out of that valuation.

This truly is a win-win for Swansea as long as everything falls into place correctly:

- If Gylfi goes we have £50 million to improve the squad on top of whoever else we buy in the window. It seems pretty clear to me that we're looking at Bony, a RB amongst others. This is WITHOUT the Gylfi money.

- If Gylfi stays we've held onto our best player. I don't believe for one minute that he'll throw a hissy fit and refuse to play because that's never been in his character. We'll at least get another six months out of him before making it to the January window where we can inflate his price even more to £60 million upwards perhaps!

Yes, I'd like to see this saga wrapped up in one way or another sooner rather than later but I'm also keeping in mind that, for once, we're the ones holding power in this scenario. We dictate what happens from here.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 4420 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:50 - Jul 25 by AngelRangelQS

What? So just fold and let ourselves be bullied?

In a window where Kyle Walker is going for £50m, Michael Keane for £30m, Everton have just received £70m for Lukaku and are spending cash like it's going out of fashion we should be demanding a guaranteed £45m-£50m for Sigurdsson.

There's no reason why we can't be setting up deals in the background in the event that he goes so we are ready to go as soon as it happens.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2017 15:50]

As in telling a player yes we do want you, but we can't sign you until Siggy has gone? how long will he wait, what if another club steps in? £40 -_45 million yesterday was a fair offer, my opinion we should have taken it and got players in

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:44 - Jul 25 with 4269 viewsNatterjack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:04 - Jul 25 by raynor94

As in telling a player yes we do want you, but we can't sign you until Siggy has gone? how long will he wait, what if another club steps in? £40 -_45 million yesterday was a fair offer, my opinion we should have taken it and got players in

Give Everton an ultimatum - £50m by the weekend or he's not for sale at ANY price. Ball is firmly in their court. Also, if a fee is agreed, tell Siggy he can only go if he submits a transfer request - sponging c*nt
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:49 - Jul 25 with 4237 viewsAngelRangelQS

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:04 - Jul 25 by raynor94

It happens all the time in football. Players are told that they are 3rd/4th choice or whatever and are effectively kept on standby. Obviously if another club comes in then there is a risk that they go.

You'd also assume that if we have made enquiries regarding a player and/or are talking to him, then his agent would immediately make every other top flight club aware that this is the case.

He's at a peak age, played 106 out of a possible 114 games in 3 seasons, scored 27 goals and has had 25 assists. We've been a poor team for the majority of that time, we've had managerial upheavals, god knows how many strikers... without him we'd have been relegated last season and also the year before. I fail to see how in such an inflated market we can value him at anything less than the price I've said.

It's all very well and good Everton giving us £5m in add ons but they have to be realistic ones, unlike the Bony ones that haven't come to fruition.

I hope we sell him as I think it is the right thing to do but we don't need to be bullied.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 18:54 - Jul 25 with 3938 viewsGlyn1

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 16:44 - Jul 25 by Natterjack

Give Everton an ultimatum - £50m by the weekend or he's not for sale at ANY price. Ball is firmly in their court. Also, if a fee is agreed, tell Siggy he can only go if he submits a transfer request - sponging c*nt

So if he doesn't submit a transfer request, you say that we should keep him?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 06:30 - Jul 26 with 3509 viewsZut_Alors

Feel like this has to get done soon, or we're really gonna suffer for first few games.

Imagine we might see something like 40 mill upfront and up to 10 in add ons, with a large chunk of those relatively difficult to achieve, e.g., Everton winning league in next 3 seasons, with Siggy having played x% of those games.

Might be easiest way out. We get to save face as we haven't made it 100% clear it's 50 million up front.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 07:56 - Jul 26 with 3429 viewsmonmouth

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 06:30 - Jul 26 by Zut_Alors

Feel like this has to get done soon, or we're really gonna suffer for first few games.

Imagine we might see something like 40 mill upfront and up to 10 in add ons, with a large chunk of those relatively difficult to achieve, e.g., Everton winning league in next 3 seasons, with Siggy having played x% of those games.

Might be easiest way out. We get to save face as we haven't made it 100% clear it's 50 million up front.

I'm starting to think the powers that be really do want to keep him, and not just save face. The whole episode has become pretty surreal.

Something needs to happen pdq anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 08:57 - Jul 26 with 3308 viewsFerryjack123

Anyone know what the training situation is like this morning? Is he training with the team or on his own.. Personally if like to see him training with his team mates because he is still very much a Swansea player, I hope there has been a little apology too
Login to get fewer ads

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 09:26 - Jul 26 with 3207 viewsWarwickHunt

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 07:56 - Jul 26 by monmouth

I'm starting to think the powers that be really do want to keep him, and not just save face. The whole episode has become pretty surreal.

We'll probably settle for 42-44 with some far-fetched add-ons making it up to fifty-ish.

I'd be amazed if he's still here for Saints.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 09:42 - Jul 26 with 3136 viewsjack247

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 07:56 - Jul 26 by monmouth

I think that's right. They genuinely want to hang on to him. Premier league survival is all that really matters to them. They make their money when they sell. They would have had a hell of a fright last season and quite understandably don't want to sell a key player.

Personally I would sell and get it done with. I admire their stance and fair play if they hold their nerve, but this could all go horribly wrong if they cave in late on.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 09:59 - Jul 26 with 3080 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 09:42 - Jul 26 by jack247

I think that's right. They genuinely want to hang on to him. Premier league survival is all that really matters to them. They make their money when they sell. They would have had a hell of a fright last season and quite understandably don't want to sell a key player.

Personally I would sell and get it done with. I admire their stance and fair play if they hold their nerve, but this could all go horribly wrong if they cave in late on.

If there were signs of incoming players I wouldn't be so concerned, but this has dragged on far to long to the detriment of our pre season

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:04 - Jul 26 with 3050 viewsjack247

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 09:59 - Jul 26 by raynor94

If there were signs of incoming players I wouldn't be so concerned, but this has dragged on far to long to the detriment of our pre season

Agreed. I would expect and certainly hope there are deals being worked on to bring in the likes of Viera if and when the Siggy deal happens.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:20 - Jul 26 with 2976 viewsmagicdaps10

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 09:59 - Jul 26 by raynor94

As much as i dont like the idea, it seems that no deals of incomings will be done until we sell Siggy.

It really concerns me that teams like Huddersfield are spending 30M without even selling or intending to sell any of their players. We will only buy if we have sold first. So if we did not sell Cork, would we have bought Messa?
Its a well run ship, granted!! But there has to come a time once in a while where we have to be pro active and make a right fist of it.

If/when we sell Siggy and/or Llorente then potentially we could have 60-70M in our coffers. This money if not extra has to be used to bring in about 4 quality players that could hopefully push us on as a very solid mid table team atleast.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:27 - Jul 26 with 2936 viewsraynor94

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:20 - Jul 26 by magicdaps10

As much as i dont like the idea, it seems that no deals of incomings will be done until we sell Siggy.

It really concerns me that teams like Huddersfield are spending 30M without even selling or intending to sell any of their players. We will only buy if we have sold first. So if we did not sell Cork, would we have bought Messa?
Its a well run ship, granted!! But there has to come a time once in a while where we have to be pro active and make a right fist of it.

If/when we sell Siggy and/or Llorente then potentially we could have 60-70M in our coffers. This money if not extra has to be used to bring in about 4 quality players that could hopefully push us on as a very solid mid table team atleast.

So if we don't sell Gylfi or Llorente. We go as we are relying on last season's squad, now that would be a gamble

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:41 - Jul 26 with 2870 viewsmagicdaps10

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:27 - Jul 26 by raynor94

So if we don't sell Gylfi or Llorente. We go as we are relying on last season's squad, now that would be a gamble

Dont think we will know that answer as i think Siggy will be gone.

But yes,i would say that could well be the case. Throw in a token 3M on a full back and the phrase "we tried hard but couldnt get any other deals over the line"

If you look at the picture, we have sold Cork for 8-10M and got 2M for Gomis........remind me, how much did we get Mesa for?

Dont forget, 12 Months back that Burnley spent in and around 20M with out selling any of their players. We have had chances to push on and this season was another wake up call that seems to have gone unnoticed.

The club really need to invest the money from sales and do so wisely this summer. Time is ticking and i just hope deals are being discussed and struck as we speak, i hope so but at the same time it would not surprise me if they were not.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:52 - Jul 26 with 2825 viewsMoscowJack

Promoted teams are in a unique position. Whilst most of their players will have clauses to increase their wages if they're in the PL, their income:wages ratio will still be very, very low. Maybe something like 40%, compared to ours which is over 80%.

This gives them chance to spend roughly £30m that others working within their budget find hard to do.

As new players join them and existing contracts get updated/extended they will see that ratio get closer to ours and they won't have that excess cash to spend then. Like us, they'll rely on a player sale to balance the books.

Things will change a bit with the new TV deals but the promoted teams still have a big advantage with their comparably very low wages.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 11:02 - Jul 26 with 2776 viewsZut_Alors

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:52 - Jul 26 by MoscowJack

Promoted teams are in a unique position. Whilst most of their players will have clauses to increase their wages if they're in the PL, their income:wages ratio will still be very, very low. Maybe something like 40%, compared to ours which is over 80%.

This gives them chance to spend roughly £30m that others working within their budget find hard to do.

As new players join them and existing contracts get updated/extended they will see that ratio get closer to ours and they won't have that excess cash to spend then. Like us, they'll rely on a player sale to balance the books.

Things will change a bit with the new TV deals but the promoted teams still have a big advantage with their comparably very low wages.

Good post.

The new tv deals work that way, essentially giving you greater margin between existing outlay on wages and total income. Problem is, of course, that new signings and existing player contract negotiations are set against the knowledge the club has more to spend.

We really have to be so smart this window.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 12:59 - Jul 26 with 2572 viewsWhiterockin

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 10:52 - Jul 26 by MoscowJack

You need to consider cash flow restrictions on promoted clubs. Premier League TV money does not get paid straight away. The bulk gets paid at the end of the season although I believe there is an interim payment midway through. So you need to borrow to improve the squad. When we went up we had a short term loan from Martin Morgan helped carry us over.
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 13:07 - Jul 26 with 2507 viewsTheFranchise

He's still here right?
Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 14:43 - Jul 26 with 2251 viewsSwansea93

Koemans press conference he confirms interest in Sigurdsson obviously but he says he doesn't know if they'll make a 3rd bid.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 14:49 - Jul 26 with 2223 viewsmax936

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 14:43 - Jul 26 by Swansea93

Koemans press conference he confirms interest in Sigurdsson obviously but he says he doesn't know if they'll make a 3rd bid.

No class what so ever, most other Managers don't talk about other teams players but Koeman has now and in the past, his arrogance knows no bounds, I hope he falls flat on his fat chops.

Not bothered if Siggys goes or stays, but this is getting like a fecking soap opera get it sorted one way or the other ffs.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:04 - Jul 26 with 2164 viewsLandore_Jack

If Everton lodged a £45M transfer with no addons, and money paid upfront, I think the club would accept.

#backtojack

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:15 - Jul 26 with 2089 viewsJackSomething

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 12:59 - Jul 26 by Whiterockin

You need to consider cash flow restrictions on promoted clubs. Premier League TV money does not get paid straight away. The bulk gets paid at the end of the season although I believe there is an interim payment midway through. So you need to borrow to improve the squad. When we went up we had a short term loan from Martin Morgan helped carry us over.

True, but Dean Hoyle (Huddersfield Chairman and Owner) is apparently worth £365m, so sure he had no problem providing the club with a loan, possibly interest-free, until the TV money gets paid.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:23 - Jul 26 with 2038 viewssnork44

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 14:49 - Jul 26 by max936

No class what so ever, most other Managers don't talk about other teams players but Koeman has now and in the past, his arrogance knows no bounds, I hope he falls flat on his fat chops.

Not bothered if Siggys goes or stays, but this is getting like a fecking soap opera get it sorted one way or the other ffs.

It is not only Koeman, Everton have turned classless as well. With the new owner the club have turned into 'Chelsea' lite ! The club was once called 'The school of science' and the fans prided themselves on being called the 'People's club' ,now they are now just another Billionaire's plaything and will be as soulless as Chelsea and Man City.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2017 15:31]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Up to £45m deal agreed for Sigurdsson on 15:24 - Jul 26 with 2019 viewsEbo

The danger there is that other clubs will know we have had a potential 60m windfall so therefore will inflate the prices of the players we want. Those 4 players that were 50m are now worth 80 and so on.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024